• 3,044 posts
  • 496 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 628 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 251 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Error (resized).JPG
FJIMG_20181003_182533 (resized).jpg
15385256037278371713977979636364 (resized).jpg
15385255150454566123597227618658 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180927_084514260 (resized).jpg
Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #300 List of Metallica song request locations and lengths. Posted by DugFreez (5 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (5 years ago)

Post #1058 Tron song and sound effect locations. Posted by tomdotcom (5 years ago)

Post #1072 Link to Star Trek sound information. Posted by nosro (5 years ago)

Post #1083 Spiderman sound information Posted by jamescardona (5 years ago)

Post #1203 Full length song locations for Metallica v1.51 Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (4 years ago)

Post #1798 Kiss sounds information link. Posted by colonelsnow (3 years ago)

Post #1882 FAQ covering Pinball Browser and SmartDmd. Posted by oga83 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2848 5 months ago

I'm working on a complete image file from my GOTG taken by dd from the SD card. Currently running 1.01 (cleland) but want to upgrade to 1.03 and as there's been no major scoring changes would like to keep the high scores.

I was thinking that because I'm giving PB the entire IMG file that the High Scores tab would show the current ones, without having to use the comms patch.

I know the scores are in the IMG file, because I can find and decode them (partition 5 which is /dev/rdisk2s5).

Is there an option/method to copy those out and then store them again using Pinball-Browser without the comms patch?

#2864 5 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

I don't have the GOTG SD card image, but you should be able to modify high scores runtime values like this :
High Scores tab / Select your high score / Click on Edit / Change the score in the Pinball Value / Click o Set[quoted image]

I don't have any option to edit those scores as they are greyed out, also none of the Pinname/Pinscore values are filled in.

Is that because I haven't registered PB, or could it be because GoTG uses larger integers (64bit) for the scores and I'm not sure if PB supports those?

Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png
3 months later
#2918 60 days ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I guess the hiscores for Spike Systems are not saved on the SD card. AFAIK saving hiscores is only supported on SAM systems with a serial connection to your PC.

Hiscores are on the SD card, in Spike2 systems at least. I can find and decode them on my GoTG (partition 5 which is /dev/rdisk2s5) but they don't seem to be read/written by PB.

1 week later
#2942 50 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

EDIT: found more posts with helpful info (was using the post search function wrong :-/) but still a bit confused. As per the attached image the grand champion score seems to be negative? and the "pinball values" part of the window is greyed out? anyone know how i can get around this?
[quoted image]

I found this ages ago on GoTG, all scores are greyed out and you can't edit any of them.

Negative numbers are usually an indicator of using integers too small causing them to wrap into the top bit in two complement numbering, so I assume that PB can't cope with the 4B+ scores stored in large integers in the later Stern Spike 2 code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 174.99
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 93.00
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
$ 11.95
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside