5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmproductions.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#748 10 years ago

I've messes around and have completed swapped out a ton of voice call outs in my avengers LE as well as my tron pro!!! The trick is getting the tracks to match exactly smothers no dead space while you're playing!!! I'm loving it!! If spent waaaaay to much time on this already but Woukd love to see some videos some people have done!!!

#752 10 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

Can you post a video of what all you did to your Tron cmproductions?

Uploading one now. I'll post as soon as it's up

#754 10 years ago

Ok. Here's my latest tron pro sound replacement vid. Work in progress.
I'm open to suggestions too!!!

#755 10 years ago

And my Avengers LE.

#756 10 years ago

Any feedback???

#761 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

I really like your tron rework cmproductions. It is almost perfect when fitting the theme of Tron. The gem tune replacement is fantastic.
There seems to be a lot of melodic ambience (as in the film) but I think the pin needs more aggressive tunes to mirror the superfast gameplay and add to the heartrate of the player.
Perhaps by using some early daft punk? Brainwasher, Television rules the nation, Human after all and their remixes spring to mind.

Yeah. I feel ya! That's why having the ability to mix these song up is so awesome!! Everyone likes different things. I'm more of a relaxed player and possible not as intense as others so the music selected suits me.
I'm still not 100% happy with it. Wip. I still may be swapping the quorra for something different.

#772 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

CM, I like what you did with the disc wars song, but I have to agree the light cycle multiball original is good and fast paced for this game as is the original zeus track, but the rest is a definite improvment.

Yeah!!! As I play, I keep on going back and forth on what I think suits the game better. It's tough to be picky!!

#805 10 years ago
Quoted from NOB:

I can tell you that cmproductions won't share any of their work (I asked), but generally this should work just fine, and I'm really looking forward to people sharing their replacement ROMs. I have no problem whatsoever with buying any soundtracks to make this legit, I just don't have the time right now to sink my teeth into oga83's great piece of software myself.

Yeah!! Sorry guys!! I just feel like because of the copyrighted material that it's just too much of a risk to share things like this. Modding your own personal games is one thing but sharing/selling things like this is a grey area. Plus, to be honest, if I were to share, I want to make it even better. All in all I've got about 10 hours into tron and about 5 into avengers.
My edits aren't perfect, but I really want them to be better. I'm not trying to be a tool or anything like that. Forgive me friends it's just not ready.

2 months later
#939 10 years ago

I gotta say it, this browser is the best thing in the world!! I just changed a bunch of tracks on my STLE and it's even more epic than before!!! I actually didn't really think the music was bad in this game but they obviously tried to make it sound as close to the movie score as possible. I simply replaced the movie score tracks in place of the factory tracks. Easy!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#971 10 years ago

Any interest in seeing what I've done with my STLE? If you thought is was a good game with factory sounds, you're right!!! Now...it's plain epic!!

#974 10 years ago

I'll try and put up a video here. Gotta get home first!

#976 10 years ago

Ok. Sorry for the long wait. I need to make a better one but hopefully this at least gives you an idea! Let me know what u think!

#980 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

That is incredible work. The sound converts it into a completely natural extension of the movie.

Thanks so much!!! It does take a lot of time to get it just right!!

Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm not familiar with the game, but you seem to have done a great job of putting in the new music. Was most of the original music clips in the game fairly long or short looped clips?

Most of the clips are around 45 seconds to 1min 30 seconds. I basically would just edit the music score to the best bits that correspond to the missions in the game. For example, prime directive now plays the actual music that played during the movie in that scene.

As I stated, I didn't think the original game music was bad. In fact, it was pretty darn good!! I just really love he gam even more as it's more of an extension of he movie with the actual music.

Glad everyone likes it!!

#989 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

CM... any chance you could post your macros?
Maybe a quick edit list so we could duplicate your work?
I already have the soundtrack(s) from my Mirror Universe work.

Actually, I did all this on the fly. I basically went through all the requests and made notes as to what each one was. Look for the requests that are longer than a couple seconds long to start. Then find music you want to switch it out to and match the length and choose the part of the music that works best. Not sure if this really helps anyone out!

#991 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

cmproductions: did you do any time stretching to make the music fit within the allotted time or did you just fade/cut when you ran out of time?

Yes, I fade and trim the music to fit the allotted time limit of the original

6 years later
#3995 3 years ago

Sorry! newb question here! I was able to go in and replace a music track in a pin and the track plays back really quiet after I updated the pin. Any ideas how to make volume of new tracks match the originals??

Also, i keep getting an error that some program isn't installed in the right directory??

"ffmpeg.exe or ffprobe.exe not found
Download it and copy it in the same directory than this program.
Do you want to download it now??

Ive downloaded it and copyied to the pinball browser directory but it still gives me this error. Regardless, I'm able to replace tracks etc so not sure if it's a requirement??

Thanks guys!

#3996 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You probably also had a message saying that the .spk files are now deprecated in Pinball Browser.
Use a SD card image instead.

What is an SD card image?? I'm having the same issue and error message after installing the ffprobe and ffmpeg

Thanks!!

#3997 3 years ago

I just started as well however I'm having difficulty matching volume on my replacement tracks. Any tips for a newb??

They sound like they match up pretty good in my headphones but when I update the machine, its like the tracks are muffled and the factory sounds and callouts are just as loud as ever! Thanks so much!

C

#4001 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
Sd-Images you can dowload from here.
Sd-images contain the whole system.
Game-Code spk files only changes that will update the system.

Is it best to use browser with sd images rather than just a code update/usb stick?

What’s the benefit? Sorry, just joined the club! Ha ha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmproductions.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=cmproductions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.