5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bart0404.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone had any luck changing out the text for the song names in Led Zeppelin? See below image as an example. They seem to be controlled by Request #5 but I had no luck when I updated the Song name text. Was able to change out two songs and like to be able to get the text to change as well.
Maybe even the announcement of the song name. Thanks for the help! [quoted image]

I got pretty far with it. There one image for an album cover in my case for one album cover other than that Im happy with results. I kept it zeppy just songs li liked better. I also changed all the high score names and such to reference the respective titles. It was very easy.

3 months later
#4953 1 year ago
Quoted from chaosmuffin:

On the RUSH firmware PB is showing two songs that are the same with a 2-3 sec difference. I want to change the song that you can select to play from the main menu. How do I know which one to change? Thanks.[quoted image]

Big money is a game mode and a selectable song. Use Request#60 for the song to select at the beginning

#4956 1 year ago

Im having a problem with PB 8.10 and 8.12 (haven't tried previous ones for this). When I try to import a video it gives a very weird FFMPEG error screenshot attached. Basically looks like a path/permission problem but its breaking it. Any thoughts on the cause of this error? Thanks!

PB ERROR (resized).jpgPB ERROR (resized).jpg
#4964 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you have the FFMpeg software in the same folder as the PB.exe file?

Yes its in the same folder (also tried 'ffmpeg' folder inside PB). I can run the command line of it and it works fine. When I try to view videos (ffplay.exe) inside PB its blank, and whenever i do import video, unless i say 'no conversion' it gives the FFMPEG error in the screenshot. I wondered if its antivirus preventing the opening of the file? Has anyone anywhere had this problem? I have whitelisted the file in AV scanning etc. Thanks!

#4965 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Rush seems to corrupt the SD image file if you make changes to more than one video. Song changes and images seem to be working fine. Anyone come across this issue? Thanks.

This happens for me also. I have been able to import different videos for different songs a few times, but never more than one video without corrupting the rom. Please help us fix this.

#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Is the firmware closed in PB when you create the sd card ?
Are you using the embedded sd-card image writer or another one ?
This happened in the past. Not sure it's the same, but see here.

I never get to the point to burn the image. When I import a video file into Rush in PB, then i close the file, when i reopen it in PB it immediately says "Unknown Firmware". I will try the advices of the link in the thread. Rest assured since the moment PB 8.10 came out I have been messing with this, re encoding, re importing, re doing it over and over. Everything except video importing is golden so THANK YOU!. I would hug you so hard.

#4978 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

I never get to the point to burn the image. When I import a video file into Rush in PB, then i close the file, when i reopen it in PB it immediately says "Unknown Firmware". I will try the advices of the link in the thread. Rest assured since the moment PB 8.10 came out I have been messing with this, re encoding, re importing, re doing it over and over. Everything except video importing is golden so THANK YOU!. I would hug you so hard.

I tried to use the advice of foofighter in post #4027. I did all the editing, imported the videos, closed the files, and burned the image with PB without closing it. It goes to a boot loop on the real machine. If i try to reopen that file it says 'Unknown Firmware'.

Bit of good news - I can say all the audio, text, and image imports work fine on the .96 firmware. . If I could just resolve the video import it would be 100%. Thanks!

#4980 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ran into a lot of those issues with Aerosmith. You're going to have to take it slow and import one video. Then close the firmware and open to test for the Unknown Firmware corruption error. If it opens, close it and back up the image. Re-open the original and test with the next video and repeat the backup.

Thank you for this. So far i have gotten it to work with 2 different imported videos where it would open again. Never have i gotten it to work importing a 2nd video.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4983 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Have you tried the option to import without conversion. That was what I needed to do with two of the stubborn Aerosmith videos.

Yes I converted the videos with Handbrake many diffferent permutations. They dont matter. I can import without conversion because if i dont it give a big ugly error. I dont understand THAT probiem because i run it as admin of "d:\PB813" folder. FFMPEG.EXE, FFPLAY.EXE, FFPROBE.EXE are all in the same folder.

Are there any known issues related to Antivirus or PC Firewall that would break this? Even if I import 1 video and try to reopen it almost every time it say 'Unknown Firmware'. This is very frustrating as it seems like im the only one having an issue on a Windows 10 Pro 64bit PC with all latest updates.

PB ERROR (resized).jpgPB ERROR (resized).jpg
#4985 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll download the Rush image and test. Which model of the game? Have you been successful importing videos with other game images?

i will try with some other game images thats a good idea. If I get it working i can do a bunch of different videos for led zep too. This is Rush LE. Tonite I made a little progress. Manually exported each video file and use ffprobe.exe to get the file attributes, then manually did ffmpeg.exe to those same codec, framerate, resolution. That helped a little i was able to import videos to different slots, save the file, and open it again. Unfortunately i still cant get 2 files imported without corrupting the firmware image. I guess the YYZ video is top choice but putting the web-comic animation over the 2112 song would be pretty sweet.

#4991 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll download the Rush image and test. Which model of the game? Have you been successful importing videos with other game images?

On the same computer I am able to open LezdZep 1.15 and import multiple video files into it without problems, then reopen it with no problem. On Rush I have tried with 4 different songs, imported video, first ones always fine. The 2nd one no matter which permutation (there have been MANY permutations) always fails with "Unknown Firmware".
I appreciate your help. It was a crash course in FFMPEG getting the files converted for each slot to match the same resolution, duration, encoder, color map, and bit rate for each song to very closely match the original file (just a hair shorter to be safe).

#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from bart0404:

On the same computer I am able to open LezdZep 1.15 and import multiple video files into it without problems, then reopen it with no problem. On Rush I have tried with 4 different songs, imported video, first ones always fine. The 2nd one no matter which permutation (there have been MANY permutations) always fails with "Unknown Firmware".
I appreciate your help. It was a crash course in FFMPEG getting the files converted for each slot to match the same resolution, duration, encoder, color map, and bit rate for each song to very closely match the original file (just a hair shorter to be safe).

This works:

#4994 1 year ago

Sorted out the worst of the issues. With help from a very intuitive knowledgable person. I feel like at this point any audio, any size track, any video length should probably be ok as long as it fits on the SD Card.:

Tom Sawyer -

Roll the Bones Rap -

Limelight -

2112 -

#4997 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks great! I wonder if PB would open the file given the changes that normally won't work on the software or it will still corrupt the file when saved?

PB I think is choking on the files because of the very large size. Its definitely a huge help but for that portion it just breaks.

4 months later
#5129 1 year ago

So LZ is up to 1.17 and Rush is up to 1.01 - any hope of being able to alter sound files on versions newer that 4 or 5 .releases ago? Could you help us locate the audio in the raw images so we could have a go at finding the right codecs? I am ok with an old version the hell with not having custom audio but would be nice to be able to keep up with code. Please tell me you havent given up on these newer revisions to customize audio? Thank you regardless for your amazing work. Loving my 'Dad Band' basement. Even the covers have to be customized.

IMG_20220313_162212 (resized).jpgIMG_20220313_162212 (resized).jpgIMG_20221008_133940 (resized).jpgIMG_20221008_133940 (resized).jpgIMG_20221008_134017 (resized).jpgIMG_20221008_134017 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#5186 1 year ago

Thank you PB Man.

#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Achievements are neat the first two weeks you have the game in your house. After that, big fucking whoop.
Would be cool if there was an app to easily review all the possible achievements. I'd kinda like to have something to shoot for and reach. But right now it's just playing the game and then achievements pop up when you do shit. It's like, ok, I did that without realizing I was doing something worth an achievement.

Putting pinball online is completely pointless. Its really about tracking and auditing for Stern. "Achievements". Pointless. You get multiball, you get a jackpot. Pinball is fun. Its not a PS5 you are playing a simple game that hasnt changed in 50 years. I will never connect my machines to the internet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, OR
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,000 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bart0404.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=bart0404 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.