1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This isn't the case.
Ex: I replaced Blackened for The Unforgiven. The only track I replaced is REQUEST 1019 (aka 0x300 on the slide bar). This automatically replaced all of the The Unforgiven snippets.
It seems that MOST of the songs have 2 FULL LENGTH sound locations on the software (ex: The Unforgiven has REQUEST 1019 & REQUEST 1040). I don't know why they have 2 requests and 2 locations, but it seems if you replace 1 it over writes the second and all of the snippets.
Here is a list of the request locations (and lengths) I have found for each full song:
Battery: 308 & 330 5m09s956ms
Creeping Death: 394 & 427 6m34s629ms
Enter Sandman: 465 & 485 5m30s489ms
Fade to Black: 537 6m56s721ms
For Whom the Bell Tolls: 590 & 604 5m09s297ms
Fuel: 628, 639, & 642 4m29s131ms
Master of Puppets: 688 & 712 8m32s911ms
One: 756 7m24s715ms
Sad But True: 807 & 79 5m23s807ms
Seek and Destroy: 877 & 906 6m50s180ms
End of the Line: 954 & 979 7m51s403ms
The Unforgiven: 1019 & 1040 6m26s335ms
Also keep in mind that when I replaced Creeping Death (394) and The Unforgiven (1019) I replaced their first request / location. I don't know if it would make a difference if you replaced the first or one of the later requests, but I do know that replacing the first "complete" song automatically replaced all of the song parts that that I was replacing.
You will also notice when you look at the entire songs info under the scroll bar...it has more fragments than any of it's song snippets. I'm guessing all of the snippets get thir info from these complete song locations.

It seems that song locations for V1.70 have changed. Master of puppets is listed at 1012, but above it has it as 688. Has anyone remapped?

song loc (resized).jpgsong loc (resized).jpg

#2776 5 years ago

For Metallica, Id like to change some songs on the jukebox, but not when that song plays due to entering a mode, such as "seek and destroy."

Is that possible?

#2777 5 years ago

I changed a song, saved the bin, but I cannot find it in the location I saved it. When I go to resave, in the save windows box it appears there, but not when i try to access it to put it on a thumb drive. Although I can see the origional bin from Stern?

Has anyone run into this?

1 year later
#3195 4 years ago

Troubleshooting question:

I have updated to pinball browser 660 and have tried to change songs in my MET Prem. In all cases songs play for either 3 seconds to around 30 seconds or so and then stop and loop.

My process is:
1) Using MET update 1.80
2) replacement songs used were a bit longer and shorter then the original (by no more than 15 seconds)
3) songs are in either mp3 or m4a format - I did not change them or use audacity as I believe it is no longer necessary with the updated version
4) song locations used are from the drop-down menu under the Sam and Macros tabs, specifically:
- For Whom the Bell Tolls - request 929
- Seek and Distroy - request 1368
- Sad but True - script 0x377 (couldnt find one under a "request")
- Fade to Black - request 888
5) Once I made the changes the songs play perfectly fine in pinball browser software on my computer
6) then i saved the file (MTL180LEmod3.bin) at top right had corner and then loaded in my MET

Please advise what could be the issue?

#3197 4 years ago

Ok, with one particular song: "For when the bell tolls" - I did the search in pinball browser and it brought me to request 929 - script 0x 1F8. the length listed is 5min09s547ms. It is the longest time for this song. I replaced it with Crazy Train: its an .mp3 and length is 4:58 seconds, then updated the .bin on the machine. When I queue'd "For when the bell tolls" song, "Crazy Train" plays for about 2 to 3 seconds, stopped and then loops and plays again, etc.

#3199 4 years ago

OMG, I never noticed that! ...damn! Ok, I will try again...thanks!

#3201 4 years ago

is there info on how to change the song names, graphics, I guess in the jukebox display in the DMD?

#3203 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

If it's doing that before launching the ball it's normal. All of the songs on Metallica play a short loop when you're in the shooter lane but play the full song after plunging.

Thank you!!!

Quoted from Jahkub:

It's just that the loops are built for the original songs so it's difficult to get a different song to work. If you have a song with a close enough tempo it can be done but will likely still need some creative editing.

Thank you again!!

New songs and jukebox info is loaded, just tweaking volume, but loving playing to Vicarious and The Knife on Met. Nice peice of software oga83, and the updated versions make it a breeze!

#3204 4 years ago

One further question, has anyone tried to change the songs on the jukebox, but maintain the songs as related to the pinball play. For example, when you get the graveyard multiball Id still like Master of Puppets to play, not my jukebox replacement song, do you know:
1) if this is possible, if so, which scripts are dedicated to the jukebox songs on 1.80?
2) is there enough memory to add 10 or 11 songs and keep original songs for multi-ball, crank it up, etc songs?

#3206 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

There isn't any way to do those things specifically, you have to work within the existing programming. I did find that the lady justice mode starts the music ~halfway through the track, so on one of my projects I had two songs pasted together to fill the audio space and found that song 2 queued up perfectly when lady justice began. I can't remember off the top of my head if any other songs/modes did that but there is one option for you at least. Also a tip, using a VM speeds up the audio prototyping nicely, no need to update your physical machine, just swap the rom file on your computer and run the VM.

Very cool, Ill have to try that as I "polish" the song-swap. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is VM?

#3208 4 years ago

Thanks again Jahkub!

#3209 4 years ago

Here is my song swap. Message location may be helpful for those working on a MET song swap.
Pinball Browser song swap (resized).jpgPinball Browser song swap (resized).jpg

Yeah, Im going totally dial this in, its almost like having a new pin and the original was f'in' amazing!!

2 months later
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v6 is now available
I've been working on this version for several months because some features were much more complicated than expected (like being able to open Aerosmith or dealing with firmwares greater than 4Gb).
The list of new features is detailed below and the FAQ has also been updated.
Pinball Browser v5 users will need a new license to use this version.
It can be downloaded here.
Happy mod !

What's new in v6 ?

User interface
- To simplify the interface, several functions have been added in dropdown menus. For example, there is now a 'Last Recent Used' menu; you'll find it right to the 'Open' button.
- This kind of menu has also been added for images, sounds and macros.
- The image editor can now easily walk through the dmd frames (buttons "Next/Previous").
- Links to FAQ, Pinside and EMail have been added.
- No need to wait for the key to be sent by email after you have donated : you can now just click on 'Register' to unlock Pinball Browser.
Sounds
- The sound export feature is back (it was not developped when Pinball Browser v5 engine has been totaly rewritten).
- It is now possible to adjust the volume of a sound script (no need to export&import anymore).
- The sound-fragments can be listed (inside a sound-script). This is usefull to understand which sound-scripts share the same portion of a sound. You can also search for sound fragements by entering 0fXXX in the bookmark field (this will be reminded to you when you fly the mouse over this field).
- The sound decoder performance has been improved (example on my computer for script 0x578 in Ghostbusters img : 18s before the sound starts with v5, 2s with v6 !).
Spike support
- Pinball Browser can open the new SPK format for firmares greater than 4Gb (*.00x files).
It will extract the .SPK from the .00x files so that Pinball Browser can open it.
When you are ready to upgrade your game, Pinball Browser will compact the .SPK file to .00x so that you can copy them to a USB stick; this is necessary because FAT formatted sticks cannot hold files greater than 4Gb.
- It is now possible to read/save an image file from/to the game SD card. In fact, this is the best method to open a Spike firmware with Pinball Browser (.SPK files don't contain everything; only what has been modified in a new version).
- Realtime values (scores, adjustment) can now be modified on some games.
Firmwares
- Pinball Browser is now compatible with new game versions (BAT 0.7, Aerosmith, ...).
- There is a firmware "Quick Load" feature : the second time your open a firmware, it's far quicker (Ghostbusters : 1st time:20s, 2nd time:5s).
- There is a new function to download the latest Stern firmwares directly from Pinball Browser.
Macros
- There is an online macro repository where users can share their mods. Everyone can read the macros but only the owner of a macro can modify it. This repository is currently empty because I'm not good at modifying games animations or sounds... It is up to you to fill it up !
- A differential macro can be automatically generated for highscores.
Misc
Fix for Whitestar dmd.
Fix in image groups (Williams).
Fix for imported undersampled sounds that were too fast (Sam and Spike).

Any updates on this for swapping Aerosmith songs?

#3253 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

What do you mean ? Pinball Browser has been able to replace Aerosmith songs since v6.00.

ohh oh, grey moment here, sorry... Ummm, looking more closely at the update now, sorry about that...

#3257 4 years ago

these are the locations

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpinball browser (resized).jpgpinball browser (resized).jpg
#3258 4 years ago

Im trying to remember, I think I put the replacement song in the message location...

1 year later
#4413 3 years ago

Cannot say enough how much Pinball Browser Rocks!!! Especially for music pins. The ability to change songs out and replace with favourite songs is amazing.

...and although you are stuck with the original length of the song, with a little editing you can tack on another song or part of a song to the end of a replacement. In the case of playing Metallica's crank it up modes, if you are having a great (long) ball, you finally get to the music you tacked on and it is an audio queue that your having a great ball.

#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When I owned Metallica, I replaced a few longer tracks with several shorter songs combined to fill that song slot. Ultimately I did not like it because the game doesn’t know you spliced several songs into that track. It’s fine when you can make it deep enough into the song to hear your next song you added, but drain a ball and then chances are it rewinds far enough back to the first song. I just didn’t like that effect it had so I always replaced with tracks of the same length. Doesn’t mean I didn’t edit a song to make it fit, because I would remove long slow intros if I had to, or cut something off at the end to make a song fit.

I hear you, and understand. The effect I like is on the rare occasions when you get to the second edited song because of a long ball time, it feels like an Easter egg since I rarely hear the track...

#4417 3 years ago

Quick question about adjusting volume on songs replaced on a music pin. When you increase the volume by 10%, then test it out on the machine and decide to move the volume up again. If you adjust the volume up a second time by 10% does it:

- increase the overall volume by 121%: 100 x 10% = 110, then 110 x 10% = 121 or
- just remain at 110, basically overwriting the first 10% increase?

#4420 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

By 121%.
Internally, Pinball Browser exports the sounds, increases the volume by 110% (over the one that was already imported at 110%) and imports it again.
But it's not a good idea to process like this because there is a loss of quality.
Instead, import the original sound again at 121%.

Thanks for the information and the tip!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=animal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.