• 3,059 posts
  • 497 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pekilica
  • Topic is favorited by 635 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bandicam 2019-03-11 23-08-58-222 (resized).jpg
0x91D (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
0x91Da (resized).PNG
MET sparky splash logo (LED) (resized).jpg
ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Error (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #300 List of Metallica song request locations and lengths. Posted by DugFreez (5 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (5 years ago)

Post #1058 Tron song and sound effect locations. Posted by tomdotcom (5 years ago)

Post #1072 Link to Star Trek sound information. Posted by nosro (5 years ago)

Post #1083 Spiderman sound information Posted by jamescardona (5 years ago)

Post #1203 Full length song locations for Metallica v1.51 Posted by RobertWinter (5 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (4 years ago)

Post #1798 Kiss sounds information link. Posted by colonelsnow (3 years ago)

Post #1882 FAQ covering Pinball Browser and SmartDmd. Posted by oga83 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acaciolo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1975 3 years ago

Has anyone tried this on Playboy yet? I thought it would be funny to alter some of the sounds, but I am struggling with the rom files. I downloaded the rom and tried to load into the browser, but the files download as .bin extensions. The would only load if I changed them to .u7, .u36, etc. I then was able to get them to load, but the playback was in slow motion. Plus, I don't know if changing the file names would mess anything up when I save the modified file and burn a new rom. thoughts?

great product. Donated today. I am also going to be using it to re-theme a rolling stones machine into a a different band.

thanks

tony

#1976 3 years ago

I am getting ready to re-theme a Rolling Stones machine into a theme of my friends' band (No Doubt.) I've been playing with PB, and it seems super easy to do. I've imported songs, etc. But there is a few hours of work to go through and identify which sound/display effects are specific to the Rolling Stones. For example, there is a line that says "here comes mick" I will need to record a soundbite that says "here comes gwen."

Since I am a little overwhelmed with my homebuilding business now, I am looking to hire someone to help me with this. It would basically be replacing some of the RS specific DMD images and sounds with No Doubt images and sounds. The generic ones such as applause etc won't change.

So..if anybody is interested in getting hired to help me on this, shoot me a message! Thanks in advance.

tony c

1 month later
#2018 3 years ago

I am hoping someone can help me with a little distortion problem I am having when importing sound bytes. I am converting a Rolling Stones machine to a No Doubt (long story, but the band members are friends) so I had someone do about 500 voice over sound bytes for me. They sound perfect when I preview them, but after I import them, they sound distorted. Almost like she has her mouth against the mike or the levels are too high. I've played around with volume but haven't seen any change.

here is a link to one of the original mp3 files. Does anybody have any ideas why they sound so bad after I import them? https://app.box.com/s/65u74ghfhltd2f971qsk6clxqxrj70dn

thanks!
tony c

#2020 3 years ago

Hey Mark,
The sound bites don't have any clipping and don't appear too hot. I've tried importing at 20,40, 100, 200. all sound the same. I even used audacity to export at different bitrates and file types. all sound the same. The mp3 clip in the link above is one of the 500 or so samples. Sounds perfectly clear. Even when I play it in browser before importing it sounds clear. but as soon as it is imported, the quality diminishes.

Yes..I saw your thread. Very Cool. I have someone who is going to do most of the graphics and new plastics for me, as I am a terrible, terrible artist! Listen to that mp3 and see what you think. thanks! tony

#2021 3 years ago

Also, just for the heck of it, I tried some compression and the limiter in audacity. I also used the low and high pass filter. No matter what I do to any of the sound files, I get a low quality, staticy output after importing. Maybe it is just a limitation of the rom? I know the importing does some converting/compression (I think) so maybe it just is a byproduct of the process. Music sounds decent when I import it, but voices sound really rough.

#2022 3 years ago

more info. I don't know if there is a solution, but I imported the same sound bite into a callout script which was labeled undersampled 2x and then into a script that was not labeled undersampled 2x. As expected, it sounded like crap in the undersampled 2x but sounds great in the script that was no undersampled 2x.

any work arounds or just a limitation?

1 week later
#2056 3 years ago

I tried version 5.6, and it is certainly helping with some of the distortion. But when I import this byte into the corresponding script, I get some weird static (almost sounds like static electricity, if that has a sound!) see what you think.

here is a link to one of the original mp3 files. https://app.box.com/s/65u74ghfhltd2f971qsk6clxqxrj70dn

thanks!
tony c

#2060 3 years ago

Oga83,

that makes sense. I will give that a try on the game and see how it is. the filter absolutely helps! thanks again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Savage, MN
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 93.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Valley Stream, NY
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Goffstown, NH
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acaciolo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside