• 3,044 posts
  • 496 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 628 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 251 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Error (resized).JPG
FJIMG_20181003_182533 (resized).jpg
15385256037278371713977979636364 (resized).jpg
15385255150454566123597227618658 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180927_084514260 (resized).jpg
Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #300 List of Metallica song request locations and lengths. Posted by DugFreez (5 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (5 years ago)

Post #1058 Tron song and sound effect locations. Posted by tomdotcom (5 years ago)

Post #1072 Link to Star Trek sound information. Posted by nosro (5 years ago)

Post #1083 Spiderman sound information Posted by jamescardona (5 years ago)

Post #1203 Full length song locations for Metallica v1.51 Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (4 years ago)

Post #1798 Kiss sounds information link. Posted by colonelsnow (3 years ago)

Post #1882 FAQ covering Pinball Browser and SmartDmd. Posted by oga83 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#650 5 years ago

Tired of searching for this thread. Bump.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Favorite it then. Really nice feature here on pinside.

Done. Thanks! I had to find it first, though!

I just got back from vacation, and I'm trying to catch up on all the posts and everything people have learned playing with the program.

I managed to change the Stern logo in the attract mode easy enough, but what I really want to do is change a couple of the songs in Metallica. I just need to read up and play with the program a little.

What I'm hoping to do is use Audacity to combine two shorter songs like "Whiplash" (4:08) and "Hit the Lights" (4:17), trim them down a little with some fade-out to be the same length as "One" (roughly 7:30), and I can get two for one (no pun intended)!

#668 5 years ago

Below are the song changes I made on METLE. I also changed the messages in the radio selection for the start of the game to reflect the new songs. I love the option to use more spaces if memory is available to be able to fit the entire song title. The tutorial posted by Pinballlooking on page 7 of this thread was a HUGE help!

- Replaced "The Unforgiven" with "The Shortest Straw." After the match sequence, the first 10 seconds of "SS" plays now, as well.

- Replaced "One" with "Whiplash" and "Hit the Lights." Because of the length of "One" (7:24), I was able to include two shorter songs with only a little trimming/editing of "HtL" If the gameplay is long enough, "HtL" will start right after "Whiplash." Another thing I noticed during gameplay is that "HtL" will play during "And Justice for All..." mode after spelling Metallica on the ramps. "HtL" isn't on that album, but oh well.

- Replaced "Fade to Black" with "My Apocolypse" and "Motorbreath." Again the length of "FtB" (6:56) allowed for two songs, although I had to fade out "Motor" about a minute early.

- Replaced "Creeping Death" with "Ride the Lightning." I didn't mind having "CD" in the song selection, but I would much rather have "RtL" play during Sparky Multiball, and the two songs are almost the same length, so it was an easy switch.

Because I was able to add two songs, I now have 14 songs instead of 12! However, I have to have good gameplay to reach those other two (unless I start "AJFA..." mode).

Thanks again for all the hard work and trial and error of everyone throughout this thread! This is a great program that has been really easy to work with!

1 year later
#1693 3 years ago

Maybe this has already been answered, but with KISS being announced, I'm seeing a lot of people saying, "Just change the songs using Pinball Browser." Does the Pinball Browser work on the new SPIKE system? I assumed it didn't. If not, are there plans for the SPIKE system in the future?

1 year later
#2140 2 years ago

For the last three years, I've been using an older version for MET. I played around with many song changes, sound effects, and sound changes. I now have a KISS, and so I upgraded to the current version (5.76). Donation, license code, etc.

Here are the problems I'm having:

I can't play/preview the sounds. I get the error message in the screenshot pictured below. Also, when I try to import a song, I get a message that it can't determine the duration. What steps am I missing?

Pinball_Browser_Error_(resized).jpg

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This can happen on old Windows versions (like XP) that don't support the "Media Foundation" sound engine.
Try to change the sound engine : Config tab / Sound Engine list.
More infos on sound engines can be found in the FAQ (What are the different sound engines ?)

Thanks Olivier! That worked. I'm using Vista.

5 months later
#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Metallica - yes, if Hero of the Day is longer than Unforgiven it will end at the length of the Unforgiven song. If Hero is shorter, you'll have silence at the end of the song making up the time of the full Unforgiven song.
Ghostbusters - I don't have experience with Spike games. But according to the OP, in the very first post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012), Pinball Browser should work with Spike. The same clipping/silence would apply if the replacement song is longer/shorter, respectively.

I don't think that's what he was asking regarding Metallica.

If you replace Unforgiven, whatever song you replace it with will play in all other instances of Unforgiven. You can't just replace one of the shorter request numbers and leave the others. You replace the longest instance, and all other requests for that song get replaced automatically.

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're correct. That's what I was asking. I was hoping to just change a small snippet not repave the entire song.
One other question. I don't think this program recognizes FLAC format right? No way to increase the quality of the conversion a it replaces the song? Feel like I hear a little crackling with the songs. I did increase volume to make them louder as the in game option is bugged.

I think it only recognizes WAV, but I could be wrong.

By the way, if you still want Unforgiven as a song choice, but you want Hero for a Day in the Unforgiven spot for end of game purposes, You can always move Unforgiven to a different song spot. That's what I did with Ride the Lightning because I didn't like the way Sparky multiball started the song midway instead of from the beginning. I did the same with KISS, so that I have Dr. Love as a song choice, even though I replaced it for God of Thunder for Demon Multiball.

1 month later
#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Any suggestions for a song to replace Unforgiven for Metallica's end of game music? Need something faster and more exciting.

Shortest Straw is almost the exact same length.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Has anyone played around with sounds on Spike games yet? And what is this Key people are talking about?

I have changed songs on KISS. The key is what you need to unlock features after making a donation.

1 week later
#2249 2 years ago

Wow! Great job all the way around! I'm happy just to be able to change a few songs on my MET and KISS! This looks like it was quite the project!

1 month later
#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Some of the songs I've replaced on Metallica don't start at the beginning of the song. In Pinball browser they start perfectly on time. Is this a setting in the MET code or something?

I've replaced songs on MET several times, and they have always started from the beginning.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,199.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 199.99
$ 27.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside