5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scotty_K.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3246 4 years ago

Just recently donated for PinballBrowser, and I'm having a great deal of fun with it. I just changed some music for Batman '66; I really didn't care for the music that was included for "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin", so I swapped it with some Nelson Riddle music from the Batman movie that really swings. I still need to tweak it some, but I think I'll get it right.

Of other note, I thought I would change a couple of the Messages that are in the "How to Play" video in the attract mode. I changed a few words, and in a couple of cases a single letter, and found that they are now rendered as a single line of text across the bottom of the screen. One line is now so small and long it's almost impossible to read, so what is happening now is that where once there were two or three lines of text, now it's one long and small line.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I'm not sure but maybe it's controlled with punctuation or a double space? I'd look closely at the original before changing it and see if there's anything that would tell the program to put a break in the line.

Yeah I was thinking that as well, although I'm fairly certain that I didn't change any of that.

I'll have to go back over it again later today and see what's up. Thanks!

7 months later
#3838 3 years ago
Quoted from GingerM:

Unless there are new PB features introduced, a very rough way of identifying the 'approximate' sound duration to start your search from could be using the number of frames of the video, dividing that by the playback frame-rate, which could then provide a rough estimate of the sound length.
i.e. Frames in Video (e.g. 90) / Playback Frame-rate (e.g. 30) = Approximate Sound Duration (e.g. 90/30 = 3 Seconds)
Therefore, you could start playback of sounds from approximately 3 seconds in duration until you hopefully identify the one you are looking for.

Wait a minute; no one ever said that there would be math involved...

2 months later
#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

$20 is one of the cheapest prices I've paid for a Pinball related purchase. And this one is one of the most powerful. If anything, just consider it a tip to the developer for providing a wonderful tool to the community.

Agreed. Even if you only use it once, it's well worth the price.

3 years later
#5497 4 months ago

So new code for BM66 and BKSoR dropped from Stern today. Tried to open BM66, but got the "unknown firmware" message.

#5499 4 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

Please try again

Just tried it; same result:PinballBrowser unknown (resized).jpgPinballBrowser unknown (resized).jpg

I also just downloaded another copy of PB and BM66 1.11 and tried it; same thing.

PS: Thanks for all that you do with this!

1 week later
#5508 4 months ago

New code from Stern today:
Munsters 1.26
Iron Maiden 1.15
Batman '66 1.12

Just a heads-up; tried to open Batman 1.12, and got the "unknown firmware" message, so this may need to be tweaked once again.

#5512 4 months ago

OK got a question:

I noticed while playing BM66 recently that the screen directions for one of the modes is incorrect. I figured it would be easy enough to change the message using PB; however, when I make the change, it changes every instance (8x) that the message appears. I see in the editing box that there is a tick box that reads, "modify this instance only", but it is greyed out and unselectable. Is there a way to enable this?

Pinball Browser BM66 (resized).jpgPinball Browser BM66 (resized).jpg

#5515 4 months ago

I once tried flashing an image after using PB on an 8GB card. Yes, that's not big enough. If you use one that's 16 or 32 GB you'll be good. I've had good results with SanDisk and MicroCenter house brand cards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scotty_K.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=Scotty_K and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.