5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#675 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I'd like to see it run in OS X natively. That would be a nice feature.

Now why would he want to downgrade?

2 months later
#767 10 years ago

Does anyone have the song list and song text list locations for Met Pro 1.22? It seems to be completely different than any of the lists posted prior.

#801 10 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Rules of replacement:
1. Replacement sound or song must be same or similar length of original sound call. The length of all sounds is shown in the pinball browser software.
2. Replacement sound or song must be a 24000hz WAV format. (Get free software Audacity to open and export sound files). There is a little box in the bottom left to put 24000 in that changes the bit rate of any opened file.
3. Find the sound you want to replace in the BIN file and IMPORT the new WAV file over it. use the SAVEAS button to make a new BIN file. Load BIN file.
Use the internet to ask questions about Audacity software, such as "how do i change the bit rate of a file in audacity"

Also, the files need to be MONO.

The next step after replacing the songs is to go into the Messages tab and in the Search box, enter the name of the song you just replaced (like FADE TO BLACK) or some portion of the name. When it finds it in the list, double-click it and enter the name of the new song. It will tell you the maximum number of characters you are allowed. Then press OK. You'll now see the new song name listed at the start of a game.

In the Edit Message box that comes up above, I leave both checkboxes unchecked (the default). It will then replace all instances of that song name and NOT move the message to a different part of memory. You may need to be creative - I replaced ONE with AMB (Ain't My Bitch) and had to abbreviate another to Holier Thn Thou.

I replaced five songs on mine and am now VERY happy with ALL the songs in the game.

5 months later
#1171 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Two large parts of Pinball Browser have been almost entirely rewritten : the firmware analysis and the sound system.
I kept the old code (that analyses a firmware) as-is and it does not know that the new one can.

Would there be an easy way to have an option to sort the audio file requests by length of clip? That would make it somewhat easier to find the full length songs.

#1203 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

Awesome. If anyone here is using this app and has not tossed this man a few bucks for his effort you really should.

Ditto to this. My donation has been sent. This tool is incredible!

Also, here are the full length song locations for Metallica v1.51

Request 476 Battery 5m09s956ms
Request 591 Blackened 6m38s024ms
Request 701 Creeping Death 6m34s629ms
Request 772 Enter Sandman 5m30s489ms
Request 845 Fade To Black 6m56s721ms
Request 899 For Whom The Bell Tolls 5m09s297ms
Request 938 Fuel 4m29s131ms
Request 997 Master of Puppets 8m32s911ms
Request 1065 One 7m24s715ms
Request 1198 Ride The Lightning 6m35s878ms
Request 1280 Sad But True 5m23s807ms
Request 1350 Seek and Destroy 6m50s180ms
Request 1428 The End of the Line 7m51s403ms
Request 1493 Unforgiven 6m26s335ms

#1225 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

When you click on "Sync", you will be able to download the bookmarks defined by others (and the ones you have defined will be uploaded for others) :

Great feature.

What preference is given if the user has something different in the same location than what's in the database? Does the database take preference or the user?

2 years later
#2101 7 years ago

I just replaced all the songs in Kiss 1.28 with live versions and a couple of different songs. Seems that some of the songs (even with the original songs) don't play in their entirety but have loop points. Case in point, Hotter Than Hell is a 3+ minute song but it loops back to the beginning at around 2:16. I verified this in the original by letting it play through with the ball in the shooter lane. Any chance of finding where those loop points are and modifying them?

1 week later
#2115 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

I've changed out a bunch of songs on the met-pro. Other than going back to the stock rom version, is there a way to bring back a individual Metallica song to original size and location?

The easiest way is to use an earlier version of PB that allowed exporting. Then load the stock rom and export that one song. Then load your modified rom and import the original song back in. Modify the song messages if necessary.

3 years later
#3234 4 years ago

deleted

9 months later
#3887 3 years ago

I just tried the new 7.50 to replace a sound clip in EHOH. It seems to import properly and play back as intended immediately after the import, but if I exit PB, restart PB and reload that firmware file, the sound I replaced is now extremely distorted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=RobertWinter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.