• 3,259 posts
  • 522 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Spyderturbo007
  • Topic is favorited by 651 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 269 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinball browser (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
elvira (resized).png
elvira (resized).png
660 (resized).png
Pinball Browser song swap (resized).jpg
sp2 (resized).png
sp1 (resized).png
20190613_204041 (resized).jpg
bandicam 2019-05-01 17-21-13-298 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
bandicam 2019-04-02 20-56-52-368 (resized).jpg
bandicam 2019-03-11 23-08-58-222 (resized).jpg
0x91D (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (6 years ago)

Post #300 List of Metallica song request locations and lengths. Posted by DugFreez (6 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (6 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (5 years ago)

Post #1058 Tron song and sound effect locations. Posted by tomdotcom (5 years ago)

Post #1072 Link to Star Trek sound information. Posted by nosro (5 years ago)

Post #1083 Spiderman sound information Posted by jamescardona (5 years ago)

Post #1203 Full length song locations for Metallica v1.51 Posted by RobertWinter (5 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (5 years ago)

Post #1798 Kiss sounds information link. Posted by colonelsnow (4 years ago)

Post #1882 FAQ covering Pinball Browser and SmartDmd. Posted by oga83 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintoxicated.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#812 6 years ago

I am all new to this and had a quick look at it today. All seems to be relatively straight forward but my question is, there seems to be the full song and also a shortened version. It may be obvious to some but do I simply swap the full length song with another that is the same length of time that has been edited using Audacity as per the instructions and then do another edit on the new song for the shortened version to be the same length of time as the existing shorted version as well?

Can I say, many thanks for Pinball Browser as well. It adds another dimension to the machines now.

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You just need to replace the longest version of the song. It will automatically do the shorter clips for you.

Hah, how good is that!

Thanks very much for the info. Time to start tinkering.

#821 6 years ago

@ oga83.

Great little program mate. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks a bunch.

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Yup. Change the default values for the high scores in the firmware.

I think he means he would like to change the default names on the factory high score levels and not the actual score itself??

1 week later
#831 6 years ago

Just wondering if it is possible, or could it be possible, to save the existing software already on the machine so as to save the settings and high scores stored before changing songs? It would be great to be able to save what's already there before losing it all.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have heard conflicting reports, but every time I have updated my X-Men LE or my friends Metallica Premium the settings, scores and audits have remained intact.
After updating to a modified firmware the system gives an error that it didn't update properly. This is normal and the modified software is in place. It seems that this error prevents some type of finalization that would take place on a normal code update and prevents settings, scores and audits from getting reset as they normally would.

Excellent and thanks. I have been holding off tinkering with the songs because I didn't want to lose some recent scores that were put on there during a meet. No excuses now.

#839 5 years ago

Just gave it a crack and all was good. I got the error message and didn't lose any settings, scores and the like.

I only replaced one song to see how it all went. The only problem was the song I added was not as seamless as the song I replaced. If I don't launch the ball within a few seconds, the music starts over but there is a small gap between the sound so it isn't quite right which is my doing.

Can anyone suggest some good song replacements that have worked well for them please? I don't need the songs or anything like that, just what song is a good match for a song already in the jukebox.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That part is kind of just the luck of the draw.
I have done many many different song swaps and here is the problem.
Stern has set the length of the looping clip to an exact time for the original song. So you would have to locate the exact request loop for that song and then hope that you could find a section of your song that sounds great with the same amount of time. This is not adjustable. I suppose you could make it sound a bit better, but it will require a lot of tedious work.
These are the songs I used. The short loops are not 100% perfect, but they do not really bother me, and the 30 or so people I have helped have never complained about the 10 second song loops.
War Machine = Girls got Rhythm or Who Made Who.
Let There be Rock = Shoot To Thrill
Hell ain't a bad place = Dirty Deeds
Encore tune = Long way to the Top

Excellent, thanks very much.

#854 5 years ago

Re compression, I think what you are looking for is in Audacity. Got to 'effect' and then in that drop down menu there is 'compressor'

Here are some options for song choices that I have come up with.....

Rock N Roll Train 4:18 request No. 195 replace with High Voltage 4:20 off the album TNT
Rock N Roll Train 4:18 request No. 195 replace with Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution 4:15 album Back In Black
Hells Bells 5:13 request No. 191 replace with Shoot To Thrill 5:18 off the album Back In Black
Back In Black 4:09 request No. 179 replace with Jailbreak 4:07 off the album Rough & Tough
Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be 4:12 request No. 187 replace with Shake A Leg 4:05 off the album Back In Black

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It would be great if one of the Tron owners makes a video showing us neophytes how to replace a song...............

Mate if I can do it anyone can. Print out the instructions on the first or second page and read through it a few times. It honestly isn't that hard and it doesn't take very long either. I changed four songs on my ACDC today and lovin' it.

#864 5 years ago

1) The compressor evens out the highs and lows in the volume so what you are missing out on is a more consistent volume level throughout the song.

2) Somewhere in this thread it talks about clearing all of the song info and that the songs may not work with all the info left attached to them.

From what I can gather, if the small break in the song when it is on a loop e.g. waiting to launch a ball bothers you, you would have to edit the song itself in audacity so that it matched up exactly with what that particular request length was. it would be good to be able to change the length of the request but I am not sure if this is possible. I think it is just better to live with it and be thankful for Oga83's program and the opportunity to even be able to change songs.

#867 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Unfortunately, it is too hard : songs are made of multiple "fragments". To add or remove song "fragments", it would be necessary to insert/delete "actions" in the corresponding "sound script". Inserting "actions" would require moving a lot of data in the firmware (including related pointers) which is quite impossible without the source.
If you are interested in details, see here : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/4#post-901765

I'll take your word for it, I honestly have no idea when it comes to code and the like. What you have already done is awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 229.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintoxicated.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside