5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4034 3 years ago

Anyone confirm Jurassic Park Premium 1.02 working with PB 7.55? I see Pro and LE called out, but didn't see anyone that compoleted it for Premium 1.02.

2 months later
#4192 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I only had one SD card that was large enough but I did reformat it. I'm on Windows 10. I was using Pinball Browser itself to write the image per the recommendation. Someone told me to try balenaEtcher. I plan on trying it.

Folks on the JP video mod thread are having more success with "Win32DiskImager" on Windows PCs. (Stern's website still talks about using BalenaEtcher but a number of people have had less success, more failures with that tool. Stern's suggestion: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf )

1 month later
#4220 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks.
Unfortunately, the encoding has changed again and Pinball Browser can't open the latest firmwares.

Are you considering future support of this new binary format? I would assume a number of games from now forward would be using similiar image formats. Any plans to look into this kind of support now or anytime?

#4234 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I don't understand this issue. I have a Mac Mini that I've set up as dual boot with a small Windows partition for when I need Windows. Much better than VM or any other 'emulation'. It actually runs the real windows software...
I do get the whole 'Apple fanboy' thing but it represents a minuscule portion of the PC world when you look at the big picture. Windows is currently much more universal. I'd even argue that linux is probably more widespread than MacOS.

I know this discussion could become quite emotional, but the Windows compatible machine installed base dwarfs anything else in the consumer world. Right or wrong, all other operating systems pale when compared to machines with keyboards that consumers touch. That said, the amount of work required for an application developer to support a new platform is huge, so not surprising that Windows is the first (and many times ONLY) platform to be supported by utilities like PB. As previously mentioned, there are at least a few ways to run Windows on a mac, so working around the lack of native support for MacOS is relatively easy.

2 months later
#4426 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Sounds tab is missing with Avengers Infinity Quest LE 0.98 SD card image on Pinball Browser 7.70:
[quoted image]

(Editted for accuracy)

Give the developer time to assess the alignment between his support and the new binary image...

3 months later
#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

First time Pinball Browser user here. I have gone in and bookmarked many of the callouts for Avengers AIQ Premium, and have replaced all of the music files with edited soundtrack music from across the MCU films. Before spending time replacing all of the callouts individually, I would like to test-drive the music replacement on my game.
I see PoMC has posted instructions above about closing the file and using the software to burn the image to an SD card. I have a new blank SD card I plan to use for this. My question is what steps do I take to load the SD card and image onto the game? To date I have only updated software using a USB thumb drive. Also, is there a way to save the high scores so they are not lost in the process? Any first-time tips are very much appreciated!

1. Using existing gamecode, go into Menu and Save the settings (including high scores) to USB stick
2. power off, open backbox, click the OLD SDCARD and it will physically release and pop up, remove the old card and then press the NEW SDCARD (written by PB) down into the SD card slot until it clicks. Close backbox.
3. Power on and restore settings from USB stick

From Stern's State of the Union 12/3/2019 write-up ( https://sternpinball.com/2019/12/03/stern-of-the-union-address-december-2019/ ):
"You can save settings, high scores, adjustments and/or audits from one machine to reload to that machine or another machine. The Save and Load command, located in the Utility sub-menu of the Service Menu enables these functions."

3 months later
#4563 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am getting a Guardians pro and some that have shipped have the 1.08 code now and of course if I get one with it I won’t be able to use clelands 1.06 code. Will PB be updated for it? Clelands sound mods are awesome and I really would hate to miss out on it. Appreciate all those who have the talent and no how to do this.

Remember there are two parts to this GOTG new gamecode story:
1) the pinball browser author needs to update his utility to be able to open the new 1.08 game code image
2) cleland will need to spend a bunch of time migrating his audio clip work from the old image to the new image, which is not a small undertaking.

4 weeks later
#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Would macros make this a quicker process? Providing the physical locations of the media have not changed.

timlah79 did this for Jurassic park and I have connected him and cleland to see if the same process could be used…. AFTER oga83 announces support for gotg 1.08

Let’s keep our fingers crossed!

#4580 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I will turn off the wifi and QR function if it means Stern in my machine overriding my code snd sending me ads.

Remember that the only way for any machine to be connected to the Internet, is for you to provide the network password for your Wifi. No password, no connection! That said, I suspect Stern will be 'encouraging' people to authorize Wifi and connect by offering some kind of feature or function that is only available to machines that are connected. But for various reasons, they won't be able to hobble any machine without Wifi, making it unplayable to generate revenue for an operator, since there are many reasons why Wifi would not be available on a given commercial route (no wifi or poor wifi coverage in the location, campus security rules, non-traditional authorization like in hotels, etc).

The machine has to work without Wifi turned on, but it could work 'better' with it

We will see!

1 month later
#4608 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Opening Spooky/P3-ROC gamecode files?
Who has successfully opened/edited a P3-ROC gamecode file for a Spooky game here?
I downloaded the gamecode from Spooky's website and hoped to open/edit it with Pinball Browser. Not so fast!
The file has the wrong file name and is thus not recognized by Pinball Browser.
It's called TNA-gamecode.pkg
I'm not able to unzip the package into "zip" files that perhaps PB could work with. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

The file layout and binary format are completely different. Pinball Browser is a binary editor and would have to build support for Spooky files which is non-trivial to say the least. That binary support is significantly more complicated than just changing file names.

1 month later
#4695 2 years ago

GOTG 1.09 RELEASED TODAY... Ugggg

1 week later
#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, thanks for the tips. It does appear to be Scene 5 but the images files are not easy to view and when they programmed the game, they must have found a way to make it impossible to replace the text.

Could the “text” you are referring to actually be stored as an image? if so, and you want to change the text, the new text needs to be rendered into an image.

1 month later
#4789 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Rush Pro code out on Stern site. Who wants to crack this bitch!

Reminder that Pinball-Browser would need to support it before anyone can start tinkering with the audio/video callouts. (I don't see any versions of gamecode for Rush on the supported code list yet, and due to the new Internet-Connected code, might not get added very quickly).

1 month later
#4861 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have a paid version of PB v8.03 and I keep getting an "Unknown Firmware" error when i try and open any spk.zip files....I even tried to extract the .zip and PB doesnt see those files. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help

I think PB stopped supporting SPK files around version 7. Go get the sdcard image from stern and use that as the target.

1 month later
#4916 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I'm kinda sick of the "keep paying" model. I own a SW LE and have created a soundmod and also the Midnight madness thing for myself and as far as legally possible also shared things with others. SW has update cycles of a bit more than a year and for each release i get to pay for this same software again. For one machine. Just to keep one specific change alive.
I get it, if you have a bunch of new stern machines. for owning a single machine, the pricing is frustrating to say the least.
A per game license would make more sense to me, but i guess it is what it is. I'll be happy to take someone onboard and create a mod for you, in case you are in the same situation. PM me if interested.

I work in the software business, and most customers of subscription priced applications think of the FEE as the right to use the software for a year. I know it's hard to get past the idea that you are BUYING something that comes on a CDROM, but in the era of smart software, you are really paying for the USAGE of it. Adobe did the same thing for most of their editting suite years ago, and allow users to pay for their usage, and then stop paying when they no longer need it. $20 seems pretty fair to use a feature rich content editor for a year.... but that is just me as I stare at $9000 machines!

1 week later
#4969 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Does anybody maybe finish a POTC-Stern sound update (with real music from movie)?

There are a number of custoner sound mod images for PoTC-Stern. Take a look here for many of them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-potc-custom-codes

5 months later
#5138 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Yes sorry my mistake. Loading new code on old boards is the issue,

Not necessary, the blue work just fine when used as intended with the code the came installed with or newer versions from Stern.

The issue as explained to me by Stern is trying to use OLD CODE on NEW BOARDS, not the other way around. (New code on old boards works fine). The issue is the new component Stern is using on new node boards. It must be initialized and needs a newer version of microcode which is embedded in the gamecode image. (Yes, the GAMECODE image actually has a version of microcode inside of it). GOTG V1.08 game code includes the newer version of the microcode which will successfully initialize the older *AND* newer node boards. However, if you try to load V1.07 or earlier GAMECODE on a machine with the new node boards, the older microcode will be used to initialize those boards, and once initalized will no longer be able to communicate to the outside world, and hence won't even be able to be fixed by trying to load new software. The communication path is no longer working in this 'bricked' condition with the new chips initialized incorrectly.

5 months later
#5328 11 months ago
Quoted from polishedball:

FooFighter .91 I have not yet been able to use the tricks to find it.

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/SPIKE2xUpdate-Mar-2023/foo_fighters_le-0_91_0.spk.zip *SHOULD* have been the URL to the March-23rd Version .91 gamecode, but it fails.

1 month later
#5341 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Newb question. If I want to replace a song or sound file on a spike 2 game, do I need to burn a new SD card? Or can I do it via USB?

Pinball Browser no longer supports the SPK usb style files. It works directly with the sdcard images.

4 months later
#5464 5 months ago

Stern just dropped new gamecode for all 22 recent games....

ugg

#5465 5 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I emailed Olivier but I thought I would post here as well. Maybe one of you pinsiders may have some insight.
I'm having an issue with pinball browser. I keep getting some "pops" in the audio at the same exact time on the same exact audio tracks.  I have tried completely different songs. I have tried different sound qualities with recordings and different settings in the audacity software.  I cannot find a reason for these "pops".  Very strange that they happen at the same time regardless of the song.  I do not believe that these pops are because of an error on my part. Have any of you seen this before?
Thanks.
Nick

probably silly to ask, but when using the factory gamecode, the songs play fine at those specific spots?

1 month later
#5530 3 months ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Hello all. New to this hobby and came across this thread. If i wanted to change/add songs to an incoming Aerosmith pro to my collection, is there a way to download the work already for one, such as my TMNT 1987 code on an sdcard?? Thanks. if so, who do i reach out to.....

It's a bit of an undertaking to be sure, but search THIS thread for other users that mention "Aerosmith" and you'll see a bunch of people that have already gone down that path of using PB to mod their Aerosmith PRO machines. PB current supports Aerosmith 1.14 firmware, so some guidance from the previously modders will get you started and you can take it from there. (If you find a modder that has done some of the music/clip swaps that you like, you can probably get a copy of theirs and use that as the base for your own mods, otherwise you start with factory images.)

3 months later
#5574 2 days ago
Quoted from madmrmax:

Apologies for a noobie question on Pinball-Browser. I wanted to see some DMD images of Theatre of Magic. I downloaded the ROM from ipdb. All good. The problem is that the images are only showing up black/white (or black and Red) -- not 4 scale at least.
[quoted image]
I don't have a SmartDmd, is that needed to get multi-color?
BTW - I bought a license for PB just to contribute to the project.

The factory ROMs do not have color information. That is added by PIN2DMD or COLORDMD artists. It is a painstaking process and ONLY works when you install the color hardware. PIN2DMD hardware is $250, ColorDMD hardware is $500

For Pin2DMD color hardware and colorization, see: https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/5680-theatre-of-magic/
For ColorDMD, see: https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=Markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.