5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1368 9 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I think I want to add this song to my ac/dc lol
» YouTube video

Those guys are awesome! If I had my acdc I'd do it. Someone's gotta throw it in there just for fun

1 week later
#1375 9 years ago
Quoted from credinger:

Repost- I can;t figure this out & wondering if any other Metallica owners are getting the same problem ?
Metallica Premuim.
Replaced One & Unforgiven.
Everything sounds good except at the end of aball , the music stops dead and I just get the sounds for the scores. I am pretty sure the music used to continue through those. Now the music stops dead and only the end of ball sound effects play, sometimes 1-20 I might eventually hear the song at a lower volume right before the next ball starts.
I used the bookmarks to get the song locations and then imported the new song using the 4.x version where I didn;t need to use audacity etc

What songs did you replace them with? I replaced unforgiven with sanitarium and had this problem. Now I have harvester of sorrow there, no problems. Make sure the length of your song is the same as those two. And if it's longer, use audacity to cut off the extra minutes/seconds then highlight the last 7 seconds and pick EFFECT > FADE OUT.

I changed 4 songs and they all fade out during end ball bonus sequence.

#1385 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Some of you have reported that it was not possible anymore to synchronize the bookmarks with the online database ("Cannot connect to remote database" error message).
For some time, this was related to a geographic filtering by the database provider...More recently, the database access was revoked without notice because too many users were connected at the same time...
So, I have moved the database to another provider (again, as it is the 3rd time !).And the bookmark database feature is working again
No need to upgrade Pinball Browser to make it work. All the necessary changes have been made online.

Awesome!

#1392 9 years ago
Quoted from credinger:

Everything sounds good except at the end of aball , the music stops dead and I just get the sounds for the scores. I am pretty sure the music used to continue through those. Now the music stops dead and only the end of ball sound effects play, sometimes 1-20 I might eventually hear the song at a lower volume right before the next ball starts.
I used the bookmarks to get the song locations and then imported the new song using the 4.x version where I didn;t need to use audacity etc

I just battled this problem all last night and a bit this morning and I'm 99% sure I found the problem!! It's with feature adjustment#132; music attenuation. If you lower this value (to increase music volume, it causes songs to cut out at the end of ball sequence and cuts off the game over music instead of fading out. Keep this adjustment at factory and you're fine! The work around if you want more music volume rather than sounds is to increase the speech attenuation on feature adjustment #133; this does not cause any chops in the music.

I tested this by changing only one song (ride the lightning > the thing that should not be). I'm now going to load my original pinball browser remix (4 songs) and see if I can replicate the error as we'll as fix it for normal play. Happy days as my OCD is relieved

1 week later
#1437 9 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Does this not work with the new Metallica code, or is it just me

Not working for me either

8 months later
#1701 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love the "yet" followed by the winkie!
I can't tell you how important Pinball Browser has become to me. Between Mustang and TWD, I have to say I seriously doubt that I would own either pin if it wasn't for the ability to add/modify sounds with this software.

Agreed!
I think stern should hit the 'contribute with paypal' button!

#1704 8 years ago

Is there video of someone's TWD with altered call outs? (Yes I'm too lazy to search atm)

2 years later
#2505 6 years ago

It's been a LONG time since i used Pinball Browser, and i did buy the license at that time; But, is there a way to export sound files from spike games? I only see an import option. Im running v5.76.

1 month later
#2555 6 years ago

Question: Just got a MacBook Pro. What's best way to install pinball browser on Mac?

1 week later
#2580 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks !
Xojo might be a good solution but as other products (I've used Xamarin with C#) there are always some specific adjustments and/or limitations for each platform.
Pinball Browser is written in C# on .Net (because I've been using C/C++ for decades and C# since itwas created).
Untill v5, it could partially run on Mono, which is an open source implementation of .Net, available on OS X and Linux (and many other platforms).
It is not native code but almost, thanks to the JIT compiler.
As PB was barely used on Mono, I did not take the time to ensure that v6 was still running on it.
If anyone has a Mac and want to do some tests, I can try to adjust PB if needed (I don't have a Mac and I'm not familiar with it).

I would gladly donate more than the recommended $20 license fee to have PB on Mac rather than pay for crossover or windows

If you want me to dummy test some installs and PB stuff on Mac, shoot me a pm.

#2586 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks !
The test is really simple : Install mono and try to launch Pinball Browser.
PM me the errors you will see.

Im still a Mac gimp; just got Mac a week or two ago. But i installed mono but don't know where it is or how to run it. When I try to launch pb.exe its windows os and not supported. The mono site says to test the install open a file called hello.cs but I don't know what that is either or how to open it. Sorry not much help, but learning and trying

#2591 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I use "Crossover" on my iMac and it works perfectly. Just setup a Windows "Bottle" and install .Net 4.0 and you're good to go.

I installed crossover and .net 4 but when I try to open PB.exe in crossover it brings me to the default page of what windows application would you like to run.

Quoted from oga83:

Try the following command in a console window :

mono path/Pinball-Browser.exe

(replace "path" with the path where you have unzipped Pinball Browser)

I'll be back later on to test these options more. Gotta bail for now.

#2593 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I use "Crossover" on my iMac and it works perfectly. Just setup a Windows "Bottle" and install .Net 4.0 and you're good to go.

Got this to work! For others trying this, here are the steps:

Install Crossover.
Right Click PB.exe and open with Crossover. For the crossover selections:
Select Application: Microsoft .net 4.0
Select Installer: PB.exe (automatically selected)
Select Bottle: Microsoft .net 4.0 again (my mistake earlier is I was choosing windows).
Pinball Browser should open.

It was actually pretty easy. Now to get oga83 some $ for a license

EDIT: Actually I don't think it did work, whenever I select a sound file I get a pop error message that says 'cannot play file'

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2594 6 years ago

any thoughts? Think license file will fix it? or maybe I'm doing something wrong with crossover + Mac?

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 12.36.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-06 at 12.36.43 PM (resized).png

#2600 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you try the mono path that was mentioned earlier?
This is intended to use without crossover correct?

Tried it. Couldn't get it to bite. I'll try again soon.

#2603 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Click on “config” and make sure it says “legacy” for sound playback.

That worked for me. Thanks.

Quoted from Psw757:

When I tried this on crossover it didn’t matter what I set the sound in config to, kept getting same error.

I got the mono file to bite (I think). saved PB.exe to my desktop and this was the command I used:
mono desktop/Pinball-Browser.exe

I got a bunch of programming mumbo jumbo. sent it to oga83

#2607 6 years ago

A few observations using Mac with crossover.

If I launch crossover or pb.exe from launchpad it doesn't work and I have to force quit.

If I launch pb.exe from my desktop it won't work.

If I launch pb.exe from my downloads folder it works as long as I input the following each time:
Select Application: Microsoft .net 4.0
Select Installer: PB.exe (automatically selected)
Select Bottle: Microsoft .net 4.0 again

Is this your experience too cleland ? and are there any shortcuts that can be setup?

with pinball browser open and after I open the code file (for me its GOT_PRO-1_34.spk), sound will only work by going to config > legacy sound file; as Cleland mentioned earlier.

Also, it seems when I save files on my desktop, it actually saves them on iCloud/desktop. And if I save it on documents, its iCloud/documents. Is there a way on Mac to save files locally other than the downloads folder?

Thanks in advance.

#2620 6 years ago

Got it working too. But also not getting sound with config > sound > set as Legacy. Sound does work with crossover when set as legacy.

#2625 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So we can run the browser on Mac as long as we download mono?
No more fiddling with crossover or windows boot camp etc....?

Yea, but the sound isn't working, but Olivier is working on it. Hopefully soon

Also, I had to perform these commands in terminal to get it working:

cd /Users/breitel/Downloads/PinballBrowser620-Beta1

MONO_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/

mono --arch=32 Pinball-Browser.exe

...then it takes about 30 secs to load. It's close to working, just need sound now

#2637 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Does "sudo mono --arch=32 Pinball-Browser.exe" works better ?
Can you export a sound and play it with sound ?

Still get the same sound error. can't hear it. Donation sent. When I get the license key I'll try to export and play.

#2638 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

OK got the license file in, exported the sound file and it plays fine; just doesn't play in PB.

#2639 6 years ago

disregard screenshot. It does play the sound file, it just doesn't make a sound. This is on Config > Legacy

#2640 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Also, Mac's mouse scroll doesn't work with PB. Pretty sure mouse scroll works with windows?

EDIT: It does seem to work with a wireless Mac mouse, but very inconsistent. Doesn't work with the MacBook touch pad scrolling.

#2644 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

If it is playing without any sound, maybe a channel volume needs to be adjusted somewhere.
Is there a kind of mixer on the mac where you can adjust the volume for each channel (microphone, line, ...) ?

I’ll check later tonight when I get home, but the exported sound plays sound and the pb sound plays sound when I open with crossover.

2 years later
#4235 3 years ago

PB 7.56. Can it not be used for new Deadpool code? Stern totally ruined one of my favorite modes (disco multiball) and was hoping to fix it in PB, but it seems it can’t open the code?

EDIT: did some reading, looks like I need an SD-Card for spike games. Does anyone know if there’s a specific kind or size I need to buy? Thanks.

2 years later
#5340 10 months ago

Newb question. If I want to replace a song or sound file on a spike 2 game, do I need to burn a new SD card? Or can I do it via USB?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,800 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.