PB ERROR (resized).jpg
Sans titre (resized).png
0x41 (resized).png
PB ERROR (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Songs (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 102.
#4851 4 months ago

here's my 1st attempt

I used the QR code & the learn more about stern pinball at www.sternpinball.com at scene 43. I made the pic the same 332px x 332px as the original but it's way too small. it also doesn't stay on screen long enough. I'll have to see if I can understand how the animation works & get it to hold longer on the pic before moving on.

anyway, now bad for my 1st attempt.

#4852 4 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

oga83 Could you tell us the correct steps so we can stop our trial and mostly error?

What exactly are you trying to do that yields an error ?

#4853 4 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

What exactly are you trying to do that yields an error ?

Importing a new image does not save. I can open an image and draw on it in the editor and those changes save. But import will not save the new image I want.

#4854 4 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Importing a new image does not save. I can open an image and draw on it in the editor and those changes save. But import will not save the new image I want.

I just imported an image to replace and existing one & it worked. not sure if it's necessary but I made sure it was the same pixel dimensions. maybe your image is just too big.

#4855 4 months ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I just imported an image to replace and existing one & it worked. not sure if it's necessary but I made sure it was the same pixel dimensions. maybe your image is just too big.

Thanks. I’ll double check, but pretty sure I saved my image with the same pixels as the original image said.

#4856 4 months ago

I’ve been using pinball-browser for a while and absolutely love it.

With the new TMNT code just announced, I booted up PB and ran into a weird issue trying to set the high score.

oga83 I’m trying to retain my grand champion score on TMNT. If I enter 98,777,777 into PB then the score will reduce by a 10th and come up as 9,877,777 when I load the code into my pinball machine. I noticed that if I enter a score into PB as 98,777,777 that I need to add a 0 at the end (so 987,777,770). Not a problem at all, I simply compensate by always adding the 0 at the end and my machine shows the score I want. The issue is that I attempted to enter my high score of 248,800,000 into pinball browser as 2,480,000,000 and it won’t accept it. Once I click ok it just reverts back to the old entry. I noticed that I can’t enter anything higher than 2,100,000,000 as a score (which should translate the score into 210,000,000 when loaded into my machine). I noticed that the limit is set on Adjustments tab in PinballBrowser. The Grand Champion Score maximum value there cannot be set higher that ~2,100,000,000. If I try to set the maximum value higher and click OK, it doesn't close the window. I tried changing the score through the service menu too, it accepted it, but won’t show up on the leaderboard. It simply shows the old score. Weird weird problem. Have you ever encountered this?

#4857 4 months ago

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have a paid version of PB v8.03 and I keep getting an "Unknown Firmware" error when i try and open any spk.zip files....I even tried to extract the .zip and PB doesnt see those files. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help

#4858 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

I’ve been using pinball-browser for a while and absolutely love it.
With the new TMNT code just announced, I booted up PB and ran into a weird issue trying to set the high score.
oga83 I’m trying to retain my grand champion score on TMNT. If I enter 98,777,777 into PB then the score will reduce by a 10th and come up as 9,877,777 when I load the code into my pinball machine. I noticed that if I enter a score into PB as 98,777,777 that I need to add a 0 at the end (so 987,777,770). Not a problem at all, I simply compensate by always adding the 0 at the end and my machine shows the score I want. The issue is that I attempted to enter my high score of 248,800,000 into pinball browser as 2,480,000,000 and it won’t accept it. Once I click ok it just reverts back to the old entry. I noticed that I can’t enter anything higher than 2,100,000,000 as a score (which should translate the score into 210,000,000 when loaded into my machine). I noticed that the limit is set on Adjustments tab in PinballBrowser. The Grand Champion Score maximum value there cannot be set higher that ~2,100,000,000. If I try to set the maximum value higher and click OK, it doesn't close the window. I tried changing the score through the service menu too, it accepted it, but won’t show up on the leaderboard. It simply shows the old score. Weird weird problem. Have you ever encountered this?

just want recheck, are you able to open the new 1.51 code on pinball browser?
i get unknown firmware when i try this.

keeping highscores and settings is done best by saveing them on an USB in the setting menu. Then later with new firmware just reload them. Everything is then back as on the old code. Highscore and settings you have done.

#4859 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

just want recheck, are you able to open the new 1.51 code on pinball browser?
i get unknown firmware when i try this.
keeping highscores and settings is done best by saveing them on an USB in the setting menu. Then later with new firmware just reload them. Everything is then back as on the old code. Highscore and settings you have done.

Hey Cabal! How you doing man?

I’m actually messing with the 1.5 code. I started to dabble in the 1.51 code, but thought it was best to just wait for Scrandel to update his April animation mod before moving up to 1.51. I’m tryint to revert back to 1.5 and edit the high scores on a .raw file I have of 1.5 with all my mods (but it doesn’t include my GC score).

I’ll definitely try that USB trick next time. I didn’t know you could upload scores to USB. It seems my 248 M score may be lost then.

Do you know why I’m unable to edit the score in Pinball-Browser? Do you know of another option I may try to edit the score?

#4860 4 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have a paid version of PB v8.03 and I keep getting an "Unknown Firmware" error when i try and open any spk.zip files....I even tried to extract the .zip and PB doesnt see those files. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help

Hey man. Have you tried importing the .raw file instead? You can find it on the Stern website (assuming you have a Stern machine).

#4861 4 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I think PB stopped supporting SPK files around version 7. Go get the sdcard image from stern and use that as the target.

#4862 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

Hey Cabal! How you doing man?
I’m actually messing with the 1.5 code. I started to dabble in the 1.51 code, but thought it was best to just wait for Scrandel to update his April animation mod before moving up to 1.51. I’m tryint to revert back to 1.5 and edit the high scores on a .raw file I have of 1.5 with all my mods (but it doesn’t include my GC score).
I’ll definitely try that USB trick next time. I didn’t know you could upload scores to USB. It seems my 248 M score may be lost then.
Do you know why I’m unable to edit the score in Pinball-Browser? Do you know of another option I may try to edit the score?

well i think the scandell code is out.
interresting with the highscore, haven't tried to modify it. But i have lost some scores on the way too

#4863 4 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I think PB stopped supporting SPK files around version 7. Go get the sdcard image from stern and use that as the target.

Still the same. What version are you using to open a spike 2 code?

#4864 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:I’ve been using pinball-browser for a while and absolutely love it.

just played around a little bit.
and i can comfirm something is strange.

in Highscore tab i can confirm that nothing higher than 2,100,000,000 be set
if i set the Highscore on the Adjustment Tab to something highter than 2,100,000,000, the highscore tab will then show a negativ number.
But i am not sure if this is tmnt specific or other images are effected too.

#4865 4 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Still the same. What version are you using to open a spike 2 code?

what code do you try to modify. Some new code versions are not usable with pinball Browser, due to changes that stern does over the time.

#4866 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

what code do you try to modify. Some new code versions are not usable with pinball Browser, due to changes that stern does over the time.

TMNT, B66

#4867 4 months ago

i think tmnt is modifiable in version 1.50 but not 1.51
1.50 Pro has still some compatible problems with certain sounds.
1.50 Le seems to be ok.

for B66 i don't know.

#4868 4 months ago

My friend has no chance of getting the GC on his Iron Maiden after I used Pinball Browser to keep my high score.

IMG_5284 (resized).JPG
#4869 4 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My friend has no chance of getting the GC on his Iron Maiden after I used Pinball Browser to keep my high score. [quoted image]

I don’t get it. How are you able to enter a score that high on IM but PB won’t let me enter a GC score higher than 2,100,000,00?

#4870 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

just played around a little bit.
and i can comfirm something is strange.
in Highscore tab i can confirm that nothing higher than 2,100,000,000 be set
if i set the Highscore on the Adjustment Tab to something highter than 2,100,000,000, the highscore tab will then show a negativ number.
But i am not sure if this is tmnt specific or other images are effected too.

I read through this thread and it has something to do with 2^32 vs 2^64 (not sure what that all means). There seems to be a way around it I think, but only oga (who developed PB) knows the work around I think.

If you go to adjustments in PB and try to set the max value for GC it also won’t accept anything higher than 2.1 B.

#4871 4 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

PB v8.03 and I keep getting an "Unknown Firmware" error when i try and open any spk

Quoted from Markharris2000:

think PB stopped supporting SPK files around version 7. Go get the sdcard image from stern

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Still the same.

Quoted from cabal:

bicyclenut
When you reply with your answer you need to say WHAT VERSION of the code. PB works with some versions and not with other versions. Code for every table (game name, pro/premium/LE) has several different versions and each has several numbered versions of the code.

#4873 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

I don’t get it. How are you able to enter a score that high on IM but PB won’t let me enter a GC score higher than 2,100,000,00?

It fucked up entering my normal high score which this was a long while ago and don’t remember what it was.

#4874 4 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

When you reply with your answer you need to say WHAT VERSION of the code. PB works with some versions and not with other versions. Code for every table (game name, pro/premium/LE) has several different versions and each has several numbered versions of the code.

Thanks. I get it now....I was trying PB v8.03 and trying to open TMNT prem/LE code 1.51 Reading through here I found the answers. Not going to work for me.

#4875 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:oga83 I’m trying to retain my grand champion score on TMNT. If I enter 98,777,777 into PB then the score will reduce by a 10th and come up as 9,877,777 when I load the code into my pinball machine. I noticed that if I enter a score into PB as 98,777,777 that I need to add a 0 at the end (so 987,777,770). Not a problem at all, I simply compensate by always adding the 0 at the end and my machine shows the score I want. The issue is that I attempted to enter my high score of 248,800,000 into pinball browser as 2,480,000,000 and it won’t accept it. Once I click ok it just reverts back to the old entry. I noticed that I can’t enter anything higher than 2,100,000,000 as a score (which should translate the score into 210,000,000 when loaded into my machine). I noticed that the limit is set on Adjustments tab in PinballBrowser. The Grand Champion Score maximum value there cannot be set higher that ~2,100,000,000. If I try to set the maximum value higher and click OK, it doesn't close the window. I tried changing the score through the service menu too, it accepted it, but won’t show up on the leaderboard. It simply shows the old score. Weird weird problem. Have you ever encountered this?

Not sure about this.
I'll have to check.
In some games, there is a score divider. That was usefull with the 32-bit scores limit.
PB takes it into account to display/modify HS (but it is not displayed in PB and that would be helpfull here)
It seems that PB incorrectly thinks that yours is 10.
It's probably because your game is using 64-bit scores.

#4876 4 months ago

Hi. I am trying to open up the Mandolorian Premium 1.20.0 file (mando_le-1_20_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw) but I keep receiving an "Unknown Firmware" error. I am assuming this is because it does not support this version as I was successfully able to open v1.0.0. Are there any workarounds for this? If not do you know when a fix may/ever be available? I am trying to remove some inappropriate sound clips coming up as we have little ones in the home and I did not realize this when I purchased the machine

Thanks for any help.

#4877 4 months ago
Quoted from athanasius815:

Hi. I am trying to open up the Mandolorian Premium 1.20.0 file (mando_le-1_20_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw) but I keep receiving an "Unknown Firmware" error. I am assuming this is because it does not support this version as I was successfully able to open v1.0.0. Are there any workarounds for this? If not do you know when a fix may/ever be available?

I ran into the same issue with TMNT new coded 1.51 Let me know if you figure a work around

#4878 4 months ago
Quoted from athanasius815:

Hi. I am trying to open up the Mandolorian Premium 1.20.0 file (mando_le-1_20_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw) but I keep receiving an "Unknown Firmware" error. I am assuming this is because it does not support this version as I was successfully able to open v1.0.0. Are there any workarounds for this? If not do you know when a fix may/ever be available? I am trying to remove some inappropriate sound clips coming up as we have little ones in the home and I did not realize this when I purchased the machine
Thanks for any help.

That version of Mando has an adjustment for the speach. From the change log:

Added an adjustment called "ALLOW R-RATED SPEECH". Defaults to YES.

#4879 4 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That version of Mando has an adjustment for the speach. From the change log:
Added an adjustment called "ALLOW R-RATED SPEECH". Defaults to YES.

Indeed! Another member was kind enough to point that out and I just finished updating the code.

Thanks!

#4880 4 months ago

I assume based on the linked games, PB cant touch RUSH at this point? Can anyone confirm...

#4881 4 months ago
Quoted from allknowing2012:

I assume based on the linked games, PB cant touch RUSH at this point? Can anyone confirm...

Even the earliest version of Rush game code (0.86) is incompatible with Pinball Browser 8.03.

1 week later
#4882 3 months ago

Can anyone provide details on how to add video to Pinbrowser? I want to swap out the Stern instructional videos with some series ST video on my Stranger Things.

Also, I know how to use Power Director to video edit pretty well. What I don't know is how to export an edited video to a file that I can use in Pinbrowser. Any insight or advice is very appreciated.

#4883 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can anyone provide details on how to add video to Pinbrowser? I want to swap out the Stern instructional videos with some series ST video on my Stranger Things.
Also, I know how to use Power Director to video edit pretty well. What I don't know is how to export an edited video to a file that I can use in Pinbrowser. Any insight or advice is very appreciated.

Pinball Browser can import quite some types of videos most common are containers like .mp4 or .avi i guess it uses ffmpeg to import files and should be getting around with a lot of codecs. The instructional videos as i know are 1360x768 in size and i think they are 60fps.
best would be to match the ones youre replacing, even that the normal import will convert it.

i don't know power director, but what i could google fast, it seems it can not exort avi or mp4. I think you will need to take another software or just convert your .mpg file?

i think there are online converter available to convert your files to a .avi or .mp4 file. or a gui to ffmpeg to help you with the job. There should be some free around. I hope you can finds one that will convert the power director format to this file formats.

The swapping process in Pinball Browser is quite easy. I do first an export of the original file. Then just click the import Button to the file.
If anything goes wrong i will try to match the file as good as possbible in Size and codec and try the (do not convert) options, but this is i think more, when you know codecs and stuff like this.
Hope this helps.

#4884 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I did that when I had a Stranger Things. Message me and I'll send you the link, I should still have it if you're interested.

#4885 3 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

Pinball Browser can import quite some types of videos most common are containers like .mp4 or .avi i guess it uses ffmpeg to import files and should be getting around with a lot of codecs. The instructional videos as i know are 1360x768 in size and i think they are 60fps.
best would be to match the ones youre replacing, even that the normal import will convert it.
i don't know power director, but what i could google fast, it seems it can not exort avi or mp4. I think you will need to take another software or just convert your .mpg file?
i think there are online converter available to convert your files to a .avi or .mp4 file. or a gui to ffmpeg to help you with the job. There should be some free around. I hope you can finds one that will convert the power director format to this file formats.
The swapping process in Pinball Browser is quite easy. I do first an export of the original file. Then just click the import Button to the file.
If anything goes wrong i will try to match the file as good as possbible in Size and codec and try the (do not convert) options, but this is i think more, when you know codecs and stuff like this.
Hope this helps.

Yes, great information and thank you. I did some research on Powerdirector and exporting in avi or mpeg format is pretty straightforward (I have always bimurned my files directly to blu-ray in the past).

Can you provide specifics on where to find the Stern instructional video files on pinbrowser? I have learned how to swap out audio files but video is new and still completely foreign territory for me. Thanks again!

#4886 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes, great information and thank you. I did some research on Powerdirector and exporting in avi or mpeg format is pretty straightforward (I have always bimurned my files directly to blu-ray in the past).
Can you provide specifics on where to find the Stern instructional video files on pinbrowser? I have learned how to swap out audio files but video is new and still completely foreign territory for me. Thanks again!

swapping video is more or less the same as audio part (see picture)
Swap1 (resized).pngSwap1 (resized).png
2. picutre, strange i can not delete the 1st picture

#4887 3 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

swapping video is more or less the same as audio part (see picture)
[quoted image][quoted image]
2. picutre, strange i can not delete the 1st picture

Thank you! I guess the issue is I don't have ffmpeg installed there. It says I have to imbed it or something in the video area on Pinbrowser.

Ffmpeg is software I need to pay for, right? When I downloaded it, it said my winzip trial periid had already expired so I am assuming so. I am just bad at this tech stuff .

#4888 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! I guess the issue is I don't have ffmpeg installed there. It says I have to imbed it or something in the video area on Pinbrowser.
Ffmpeg is software I need to pay for, right? When I downloaded it, it said my winzip trial periid had already expired so I am assuming so. I am just bad at this tech stuff .

hello, no the ffmpeg is free it's open source, I guess only your winzip did expire. To extract the files you can use 7zip it's a free zipper and dezipper software.
do you use pc or mac?

you should look for binarys of ffmpeg builds for windows or mac, depends what you have.
You need to extract the files directly into the pinball browser directory, then you should be good. For video replacing ffmpeg is essential in pinball browser.

#4889 3 months ago

I have a question, not sure it's been answered here yet, just started using pin browser today. I was installing new Cleland code on my GOTG, and was going to move my high scores over from previous SD card, which is I'm assuming where they're saved, loaded the img off old card, and under high scores, just shows default high scores,(higher than they show on the game), shouldnt i be able so see mine?
Thanks.
kevin

#4890 3 months ago
Quoted from Napabar:

The application needs .NET 4.0. I created an XP bottle, installed .NET 4.0, and then used the run command under the "Programs" toolbar to point it to the Pinball Browser exe. I used the run command because there is no installer for Pinball Browser, just the main exe. Once you get used to using Crossover, you can crack open the bottle, and drop the Pinball Browser exe into the "C" drive folder structure and make a shortcut under the "Programs" toolbar.
So far, this thing has been flawless under Crossover. That's a credit to the developer for writing clean code. Crossover was probably the last thing on his mind, but simple, cleanly written Windows programs works best with Crossover.

Napabar
So when you use crossover, how do you read the img off of the sd card? when i try, it looks for external drives that aren't on my mac.

#4891 3 months ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

I have a question, not sure it's been answered here yet, just started using pin browser today. I was installing new Cleland code on my GOTG, and was going to move my high scores over from previous SD card, which is I'm assuming where they're saved, loaded the img off old card, and under high scores, just shows default high scores,(higher than they show on the game), shouldnt i be able so see mine?
Thanks.
kevin

Moving Highscore and settings between games (different SD-Images) is done best with a usb stick and in the menu under utilities -> load/save
Before you put in a new SD-Card -> save your game configuration
after changing -> Load them back.
i hope the setting is in GOTG, i do know it is in newer sterns

#4892 3 months ago

oga83 can you please add a raw import/export functionality for all parts of rom resources? I think what PB really misses is the abillity to import/export the code part of the rom together with some references to the graphics/sound resources if possible. So basically extend the possibility of patching the logic of a rom.

#4893 3 months ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

can you please add a raw import/export functionality for all parts of rom resources?

I'm not sure that it would be very usefull : sounds and frames use proprietary codecs/formats and you wouldn't be able to open the raw format files in any software.

Quoted from fuzzel:

I think what PB really misses is the abillity to import/export the code part of the rom together with some references to the graphics/sound resources if possible.

Can you provide an example of what you'd like to do ?

#4894 3 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'm not sure that it would be very usefull : sounds and frames use proprietary codecs/formats and you wouldn't be able to open the raw format files in any software.

Can you provide an example of what you'd like to do ?

I'd like to analyze the firmware with Ghidra. I know it's already possible to load the rom file directly in Ghidra but because of all the additional resources the file is quite big and the analysis takes ages. It would be nice to export just the code part maybe some addional information to help loading the code in Ghidra.
Ofcourse it's possible to do it manually but PB is already very powerfull and I don't want to reinvent the wheel again

#4895 3 months ago

Anyone have a starwars prem image they cool with sharing? Want to try a few things on my own with it.

#4896 3 months ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Anyone have a starwars prem image they cool with sharing? Want to try a few things on my own with it.

Stern has them. https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#4897 3 months ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

I'd like to analyze the firmware with Ghidra. I know it's already possible to load the rom file directly in Ghidra but because of all the additional resources the file is quite big and the analysis takes ages. It would be nice to export just the code part maybe some addional information to help loading the code in Ghidra.
Ofcourse it's possible to do it manually but PB is already very powerfull and I don't want to reinvent the wheel again

Unfortunately, that's beyond the scope of Pinball Browser

#4898 3 months ago

Dear oga83,

any update on support of the latest game codes, including Rush?

TIA

Samuel

#4899 3 months ago

If anyone has an Iron Maiden Pro (Premium/LE version coming soon), then you'll want to check out my thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-amp-the-monsters-of-rock-modded-code#post-6906819

#4900 3 months ago

hey all I am trying to open Kiss firmware 1.41 but i keep getting unknown firmware, any idea how to fix this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
There are 5,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!