5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 112.
#4801 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

have you tried to delete the file first then import it again?
name needs to be the same, as dimensions and file type. But i have to admit i have never done it.
maybe recreating the file is better than overwriting, could be a solution.

Yes I have tried!
Of course, same format, same name. I even tried reducing the size of the file so that it is not bigger than the original one and it does not work

#4802 2 years ago
Quoted from Furtys:

Yes I have tried!
Of course, same format, same name. I even tried reducing the size of the file so that it is not bigger than the original one and it does not work

may i ask what image you try to modify?

#4803 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

may i ask what image you try to modify?

This one

GameLogo (resized).pngGameLogo (resized).png Added over 2 years ago:

I tried to overwrite and delete + replace with the original file, and black screen too... I think we can't do that thing

#4804 2 years ago
Quoted from Furtys:

This one
[quoted image]

downloaded the pro image and tried to test as much as i can without owning the machine. It looks all good.
Maybe you can share some more information, are you using pro or Prem/Le?
What software do you use to write the images to the sd-card.
You said you did sound modifications, the all work?

#4805 2 years ago
Quoted from Furtys:

Hi !
I'm working on changing the sounds of my pinball machine, and I am also looking to change the startup image of the game.
I found a GameLogo.png file at /dev/sda2/gamename/assets/lcd/, I tried to replace it but it shows a black screen instead of the game logo. And if I replace my new file with the original file still black screen.
Has anyone ever managed to do this?
Thanks

Regarding the game logo, I'm not sure
Direct file modification on the SD card has already been used for the startup logo (here).
All the other assets are generally embedded into scenes, and, in this case, you'll have to find the corresponding scene and use the import function in Pinball Browser.

#4806 2 years ago
Quoted from Furtys:

Hi !
I'm working on changing the sounds of my pinball machine, and I am also looking to change the startup image of the game.
I found a GameLogo.png file at /dev/sda2/gamename/assets/lcd/, I tried to replace it but it shows a black screen instead of the game logo. And if I replace my new file with the original file still black screen.
Has anyone ever managed to do this?
Thanks

I replaced the Stern logo on my Aerosmith game with this image but not the start up logo.

37FB5161-30A2-4763-8E26-B333D362A4AC (resized).png37FB5161-30A2-4763-8E26-B333D362A4AC (resized).png
#4807 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

If your Pinball Browser v7 license is older than 1 year, it won't work with v8.
More information here
Otherwise, PM me your token id and I'll check what's going on.

Any update on this registration looping issue? It doing it for me as well. Thanks!

#4808 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Any update on this registration looping issue? It doing it for me as well. Thanks!

Apparently, something has changed on your PC. I have updated your token id and it should work now.

#4809 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Regarding the game logo, I'm not sure
Direct file modification on the SD card has already been used for the startup logo (here).
All the other assets are generally embedded into scenes, and, in this case, you'll have to find the corresponding scene and use the import function in Pinball Browser.

So sad... I checked all the scenes and none of them manage the logo of the game which is displayed just after Stern's one.
So I think we can't, but why, I don't know... Even overwriting it with the same file (export + import the exported file) results in a black screen, strange ...

#4810 2 years ago
Quoted from Furtys:

So sad... I checked all the scenes and none of them manage the logo of the game which is displayed just after Stern's one.
So I think we can't, but why, I don't know... Even overwriting it with the same file (export + import the exported file) results in a black screen, strange ...

Try to replace the startup logo first, as we know it's possible. If it doesn't work, you'll know something is wrong with your file.

#4811 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Apparently, something has changed on your PC. I have updated your token id and it should work now.

Works great now, thank you!

#4812 2 years ago

I made a Led Zep and Motely Crue mix for Aerosmith and decided I'd like to try changing the song title graphics. Also getting my friend's Iron Maiden in a temp trade for Avengers and would like to do the same on that.

Anyone have a quick writeup or tips for importing the new images with a transparent background? I started experimenting, but it goes slow waiting for the image to write and test each change.

#4813 2 years ago

I just started playing with the software.
I have a real basic question. How do I get the game code off of the SD card from the machine? It's a flashed file.
I don't want to download the new code from Stern because I like the older code better. Does the Stern site have archived codes you can download?
Thank you.
Mark

#4814 2 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

I just started playing with the software.
I have a real basic question. How do I get the game code off of the SD card from the machine? It's a flashed file.
I don't want to download the new code from Stern because I like the older code better. Does the Stern site have archived codes you can download?
Thank you.
Mark

I may be wrong, but not sure you can get the game code off the original SD card. I think it is best to ask on this thread for the specific game you want the code for and someone likely has an older code that will work with PB. The Stern site does not provide archived codes.

#4815 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I made a Led Zep and Motely Crue mix for Aerosmith and decided I'd like to try changing the song title graphics. Also getting my friend's Iron Maiden in a temp trade for Avengers and would like to do the same on that.
Anyone have a quick writeup or tips for importing the new images with a transparent background? I started experimenting, but it goes slow waiting for the image to write and test each change.

I did a few song icon changes for IM. You can see them in an earlier post. I used paint 3d and just saved the image as translucent and it seemed to work ok.

#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I did a few song icon changes for IM. You can see them in an earlier post. I used paint 3d and just saved the image as translucent and it seemed to work ok.

Thanks, I was certainly over thinking it.

#4817 2 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

I have a real basic question. How do I get the game code off of the SD card from the machine?

Make an image file from your game SD card.
To do that, use the tool provided by Pinball Browser (SmartDmd tab) or any SD card imager program.
You'll be able to read/modify this image file with Pinball Browser, and flash a new SD card.

#4818 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I may be wrong, but not sure you can get the game code off the original SD card. I think it is best to ask on this thread for the specific game you want the code for and someone likely has an older code that will work with PB. The Stern site does not provide archived codes.

Thanks. I'm looking for BNSOR Pro. I have code 1_01_0 on my card and I am wanting to use this RAW file. I can't find this version on the internet to download (Can't find an archive on Stern's website). And I can't figure out how to "unflash" the two file on the SD card. The two files on the card show up as stern-spike2.dtb and zImage.
Thanks,
Mark

#4819 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Make an image file from your game SD card.
To do that, use the tool provided by Pinball Browser (SmartDmd tab) or any SD card imager program.
You'll be able to read/modify this image file with Pinball Browser, and flash a new SD card.

Thanks but doing that doesn't find any available files. The two files on the card show up as stern-spike2.dtb and zImage but they do not show up when using the software. I also use balena-etcher but I have not seen an option to read a flashed file unless I'm missing something.
Mark

#4820 2 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Thanks but doing that doesn't find any available files. The two files on the card show up as stern-spike2.dtb and zImage but they do not show up when using the software. I also use balena-etcher but I have not seen an option to read a flashed file unless I'm missing something.
Mark

You have to make an image of your sd card.
See here or use the tool I mentionned :
SD-Imager (resized).pngSD-Imager (resized).png
Select the SD card drive, enter a destination filename on your HDD and click on "Read from SD"
[EDIT] There is also an option to do that at the end of the Pinball Browser dropdown menu (firmware section).

#4821 2 years ago

Thanks oga83.
I'm going to give it a try.
Another Pinside member sent me the game code I was looking for so I may be all good now.

Thank you.
Mark

#4822 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Select the SD card drive, enter a destination filename on your HDD and click on "Read from SD"
[EDIT] There is also an option to do that at the end of the Pinball Browser dropdown menu (firmware section).

This does not work on mine. I get "no items match your search". It shows me nothing on my SD Card. It is only searching for img iso and raw files and none of those are the extensions on the SD card. Only files on the card are a dtb file and a zimage file with no extension.
Thanks again.
Mark

#4823 2 years ago

Question to oga83 : is there any frequency filtering or dynamic compression when importing a WAV file inside the ROM of a Spike2 game (specifically Star Wars) ?

When comparing Stranger Things and Star Wars soundtrack, the difference in bass response and dynamic range is staggering. Even with stock speakers, Stranger Things sound better than Star Wars with replacement speakers (backbox and cabinet). I did a quick frequency spectrum on the "choose your hero" track from Celofane ROM, and indeed it shows a significant different in terms of bass response compared to the Stranger Things theme. Need to check with the source file if the same applies, but in the meantime it would be useful to know if PB does indeed perform some sound processing when importing (maybe to match ROM file size for ex).

Regards

#4824 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Question to oga83 : is there any frequency filtering or dynamic compression when importing a WAV file inside the ROM of a Spike2 game (specifically Star Wars) ?

There is no special filtering in Pinball Browser unless you enable the low-pass filter when you import a sound.
LowPassFilter (resized).pngLowPassFilter (resized).png
However, transcoding a sound to a different codec always implies some kind of filtering.
You'll get the best result when you import a sound that has a sampling frequency that is a multiple of the game's one
SamplingFreq (resized).pngSamplingFreq (resized).png

#4825 2 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

This does not work on mine. I get "no items match your search". It shows me nothing on my SD Card. It is only searching for img iso and raw files and none of those are the extensions on the SD card. Only files on the card are a dtb file and a zimage file with no extension.

The image is made from the device, not from a file on the SD card.
It means that you don't have to select a file on the SD card.
Just enter a NEW filename to store the image on your HDD; then click on "Read from SD".
Another solution it to use a disk imager program (Win32DiskImager, Balena, ...). There are plenty of tutorials for them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4826 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The image is made from the device, not from a file on the SD card.
It means that you don't have to select a file on the SD card.
Just enter a NEW filename to store the image on your HDD; then click on "Read from SD".
Another solution it to use a disk imager program (Win32DiskImager, Balena, ...). There are plenty of tutorials for them.

Aha. OK, I got it to work. All I needed to do was use the dropdown folder and select "read from F" which is my SD Card drive and save as a .raw file and that worked. I did not need to do anything with the smartdmd tab and disk image section. It was all at the top in the firmware section and the folder dropdown.
Thanks again.
Mark

#4827 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

There is no special filtering in Pinball Browser unless you enable the low-pass filter when you import a sound.
[quoted image]
However, transcoding a sound to a different codec always implies some kind of filtering.
You'll get the best result when you import a sound that has a sampling frequency that is a multiple of the game's one
[quoted image]

Thanks for the clarification, which raise two questions: so when importing a file which is at a different sampling frequency, PB will re-sample before integrating into the game ROM, correct ? Whereas if the sampling frequency is identical, it will not re-sample ? What should be the file format for minimum conversion stages (ie WAV file, no compression I assume ?)

Also, just to be sure we are on the same page: the low pass filter cutout frequency, if enabled, will cut all frequencies above the defined value in the checkbox, right ? May I know the rationale for this particular setting ?

#4828 2 years ago

I want to replace videos and sounds from Elviras House of Horrors.

Since video-files don't contain sound:
Is there a way to find out, which sound-file belongs to which video-file?

#4829 2 years ago
Quoted from drgary:

Is there a way to find out, which sound-file belongs to which video-file?

Unfortunately, no

#4830 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

so when importing a file which is at a different sampling frequency, PB will re-sample before integrating into the game ROM, correct ? Whereas if the sampling frequency is identical, it will not re-sample ?

Generally, yes. But for some game codecs, the sound is resampled. The best example is the undersampled sounds you can find in some firmwares (below is SPD 2.61).
Undersampled (resized).pngUndersampled (resized).png

Quoted from Ashram56:

What should be the file format for minimum conversion stages (ie WAV file, no compression I assume ?)

Any lossless codec with a sample rate that is an integer multiple of the game's one.
Please note that the game is not using lossless codecs : if you import/export (or export/import) the same sound, it will be modified.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Also, just to be sure we are on the same page: the low pass filter cutout frequency, if enabled, will cut all frequencies above the defined value in the checkbox, right ? May I know the rationale for this particular setting ?

Pinball Browser is using a low-pass biquad filter with the cutoff frequency you specify.

#4831 2 years ago

Does anyone have a Led Zeppelin Pro code that works on PB they be willing to share? Thanks for the help!

#4832 2 years ago

looks like 3 of my tables work w/ PB

Jurassic Park v1.05.0 - current version, easy DL

Aerosmith v1.09.0 - current ver 1.10 but copied & pasted the SD card DL link & changed to 10 to 09 & it DL'd fine. best part is 9 had all the real changes & 10 is basically just the new insider connect which I don't have / need.

The Munsters v1.03.0 - current ver 1.21 so 1.03 is pretty old. is this the accurate version # because it appears people w/ newer than 1.03 have been customizing their unit? I tried the edit the url trick but it didn't work. it's old enough I prob won't use it anyway but I thought I'd ask.

poking around in Aerosmith now.

#4833 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Does anyone have a Led Zeppelin Pro code that works on PB they be willing to share? Thanks for the help!

that one is easy, went to sterns website, got the url for the current version & changed the 14 to 10. this link works & it's DL'd directly from stern

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/led_zeppelin_pro-1_10_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip

#4834 2 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

looks like 3 of my tables work w/ PB
Jurassic Park v1.05.0 - current version, easy DL
Aerosmith v1.09.0 - current ver 1.10 but copied & pasted the SD card DL link & changed to 10 to 09 & it DL'd fine. best part is 9 had all the real changes & 10 is basically just the new insider connect which I don't have / need.
The Munsters v1.03.0 - current ver 1.21 so 1.03 is pretty old. is this the accurate version # because it appears people w/ newer than 1.03 have been customizing their unit? I tried the edit the url trick but it didn't work. it's old enough I prob won't use it anyway but I thought I'd ask.
poking around in Aerosmith now.

Munsters, i think version 1.10 was changable with pinball browser, then there was the version 1.11 short after. 1.20 and 1.21 with Insider connected.
1.11 version is donwloadable with the link trick. but i think it was not changeable.
But you could give it a try. The 1.21 version even if not changable is very good version, they did change a lot. It's like a different game now.

#4835 2 years ago

This is for my future reference, but anyone else can use the details if they want:

How to change jukebox song names on Led Zeppelin:

Scene #5 - Letters not available (J/Q/X/Y/Z), also various capital letters are not available.

Drill down to final 'Elements' then scroll down to after 'unnamed instance 176 to the song choice. Then drill down to song text box to make change. See previous comment about letter restrictions. Also cannot exceed max letters depending on the song name being changed. Each word is separated by '|'.

Can try to insert a custom letter under 'Glyph' but does not always work.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4836 2 years ago

Does anyone have the Rolling Stones LE code? Don’t see it on the Stern site but it seems to be mentioned in this thread. Thanks for your help!

#4837 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Does anyone have the Rolling Stones LE code? Don’t see it on the Stern site but it seems to be mentioned in this thread. Thanks for your help!

https://sternpinball.com/game/the-rolling-stones/
rollingstonescodess (resized).pngrollingstonescodess (resized).png

#4839 2 years ago

I am changing out two songs on Metallica, Ride the Lightning (Request 1216) and Creeping Death (Request 719). When you choose the song with the jukebox, the game seems to be playing another short request number that repeats before the ball is shot. Does anyone know what request numbers these would be? Once the ball is shot, it seems to be playing Request 1216/719, which sound fine. It is just the short sound clip that doesn't sound right that I need to fix.

Anyone successful at changing songs on Metallica and run into this issue? It seems to be the same issue on AC/DC where a short intro sound is played before the ball is launched. Thanks for the help!

#4840 2 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

This is a cool hack, but it looks like Stern is taking down the older versions now. I couldn't hack the address to download Aerosmith 1.09 or Led Zep Premium 1.10.

#4841 2 years ago

Hey guys does anyone have Star Wars v1.10.0 sd card image?

#4842 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroG33K:

I have a copy of the image with Midnight Madness enabled...I haven't tried it yet though.

#4843 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroG33K:

pro or premium/le version?

#4844 2 years ago

When importing sounds, is the volume slider on the import window just for listening to the clip before importing? Or will increasing the volume there also bump up the volume when importing?

I normally increase the volume in Audacity, but if the process can be streamlined, great.

#4845 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When importing sounds, is the volume slider on the import window just for listening to the clip before importing? Or will increasing the volume there also bump up the volume when importing?
I normally increase the volume in Audacity, but if the process can be streamlined, great.

I think it does adjust the volume as this is how I do it.

#4846 2 years ago

So what's the trick I'm missing with replacing images? I'm just trying to do basic image replacements on the Aerosmith song selection screen. I found the location of the song images, created my replacement transparent image, but the Import feature when right clicking the image does not save. I import, choose the image I made, which is the same pixel size as the original. But when I open the image, the original is still there.

If I open the image and draw shit all over it and save, that works. But on that editing screen, it won't let me select the original image with the selection tool to delete the image.

Selecting the Undo button on the Edit Image screen will open a select file browser and I can choose my new image and then it adds it over the original. WTF?

#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think it does adjust the volume as this is how I do it.

Yes indeed it did. I was making a Rush mix for Aerosmith and pumped the volume to 250% and I did nothing with Audacity. Worked and sounded great.

#4848 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is a cool hack, but it looks like Stern is taking down the older versions now. I couldn't hack the address to download Aerosmith 1.09 or Led Zep Premium 1.10.

just verified, you're correct. it's not working now.

#4849 2 years ago

this is what I'm going to try today. I have a pic of Steven Tyler kissing my wife on stage at Howard Stern's birthday party. it's not the best quality but I have to find a spot that makes sense & get into her table.

Quoted from PoMC:

So what's the trick I'm missing with replacing images? I'm just trying to do basic image replacements on the Aerosmith song selection screen. I found the location of the song images, created my replacement transparent image, but the Import feature when right clicking the image does not save. I import, choose the image I made, which is the same pixel size as the original. But when I open the image, the original is still there.
If I open the image and draw shit all over it and save, that works. But on that editing screen, it won't let me select the original image with the selection tool to delete the image.
Selecting the Undo button on the Edit Image screen will open a select file browser and I can choose my new image and then it adds it over the original. WTF?

#4850 2 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

this is what I'm going to try today. I have a pic of Steven Tyler kissing my wife on stage at Howard Stern's birthday party. it's not the best quality but I have to find a spot that makes sense & get into her table.

That sounds awesome! Let me know how you make out.

oga83 Could you tell us the correct steps so we can stop our trial and mostly error?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.