1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 112.
#4751 2 years ago

If we had a license do we need to donate again for version 8? I press the "Register" and it says "Your license has been correctly registered" but when I restart it just ask the same thing again. Previous version just pulled my license in.

#4752 2 years ago
Quoted from daphishbowl:

If we had a license do we need to donate again for version 8? I press the "Register" and it says "Your license has been correctly registered" but when I restart it just ask the same thing again. Previous version just pulled my license in.

Same here. Was just going to donate again.

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Same here. Was just going to donate again.

I believe there is now a one year expiration on the license, can't find that post but if you bought it over a year ago pretty sure you'll need to reinvest to use new versions.

#4754 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I believe there is now a one year expiration on the license, can't find that post but if you bought it over a year ago pretty sure you'll need to reinvest to use new versions.

Thanks man sounds good. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a glitch.

#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Correct. It's in the version 8 announcement, found in the key posts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/94#post-6653110
Well worth buying a yearly license. The program is extremely useful and well maintained.

#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

It does with the pro but not the LE/Premium image.

Thanks, luckily I have a Pro. Where do I download Pin Browser? The link on page 1 of this post is not working and I have cleared my cache and all other necessary steps.

#4757 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Where do I download Pin Browser? The link on page 1 of this post is not working

The link is currently working.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012
What browser, version, and are you getting an error message? Any other details you can provide?

#4758 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The link is currently working.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012
What browser, version, and are you getting an error message? Any other details you can provide?

I am using the latest version of Chrome, and tried with Firefox, and I am not receiving any error message. Nothing happens when I click the link. I also have .NET Framework 4.0.

I have cleared my cache and history.

I will try with IE next and then update this post.

Update:

It worked with IE; however, now my computer is warning me when I attempt to open it.

#4759 2 years ago

Is there a Avengers IQ sound mod available?

#4760 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I am using the latest version of Chrome, and tried with Firefox, and I am not receiving any error message. Nothing happens when I click the link. I also have .NET Framework 4.0.
I have cleared my cache and history.
I will try with IE next and then update this post.
Update:
It worked with IE; however, now my computer is warning me when I attempt to open it.

To get it to work in Chrome, try this:
Right-click on the link and select "Open link in new window".
That window will come up blank.
Hit the Reload button.
File should start downloading.

#4762 2 years ago

The objections of licensors is probably the biggest reason Stern keeps changing their code in a way that makes PB ineffective on some new releases.

Also, same as any other data you want to keep, back up your data. If the next code release isn’t to your liking and you have no backup it’s more difficult to revert to the last version you liked.

#4763 2 years ago

I don't have a "real" Stern yet but I hopefully should soon. So far I've only used Pinball-Browser to update songs & associated text on AC/DC and Metallica for virtual pinball.

I'm guessing for real machines it would be a good idea to have 2 or 3 SD cards with modified code, official code, and maybe the prior release in case of issues. Or at least have the images backed up so they can be re-written. Is anybody using a SD card switcher to be able to more easily switch between different code?

#4764 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I don't have a "real" Stern yet but I hopefully should soon. So far I've only used Pinball-Browser to update songs & associated text on AC/DC and Metallica for virtual pinball.
I'm guessing for real machines it would be a good idea to have 2 or 3 SD cards with modified code, official code, and maybe the prior release in case of issues. Or at least have the images backed up so they can be re-written. Is anybody using a SD card switcher to be able to more easily switch between different code?

I have at least 6 different SD cards for my Aerosmith video code. I just pop in whatever version I want to use. Last week I made a Led Zeppelin playlist for Aerosmith, so have a separate card just for that.

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have at least 6 different SD cards for my Aerosmith video code. I just pop in whatever version I want to use. Last week I made a Led Zeppelin playlist for Aerosmith, so have a separate card just for that.

Thanks, it will probably be a while before I would need to worry about swapping cards with Mandalorian. And I guess there might be some insider connected related "issues" to figure out.

#4766 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Or at least have the images backed up so they can be re-written.

I go to Stern’s website now and then and download an image. Save them on my pc. If one were a skilled coder they could probably automate that process.
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#4767 2 years ago

ok, I might be stupid, but I'm not finding where to dl the soft?

#4768 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

ok, I might be stupid, but I'm not finding where to dl the soft?

http://download.pinballbrowser.com

#4769 2 years ago

Thanks, done!

So next newb question:
I tried with Aerosmith, but the latest image from Stern's website does not seem to work with the tool.
Same Issue with Maiden.
Is there a way to find the old ones which might work?

edit: trying the dl from within the app

edit 2: it opened the file that way. Installed the video codec, but no video reading; there's no error message but nothing appears.
For the sounds I have a "cannot play file".

using the latest aerosmith prm code

edit 3: l'export de videos marche

#4770 2 years ago

These newest game codes can't be opened with Pinball Browser 8.03:

Batman 66 1.06 PRE/LE
The Mandalorian 1.02 PRE/LE
The Munsters 1.11 PRE/LE

#4771 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Thanks, done!
So next newb question:
I tried with Aerosmith, but the latest image from Stern's website does not seem to work with the tool.
Same Issue with Maiden.
Is there a way to find the old ones which might work?
edit: trying the dl from within the app
edit 2: it opened the file that way. Installed the video codec, but no video reading; there's no error message but nothing appears.
For the sounds I have a "cannot play file".
using the latest aerosmith prm code
edit 3: l'export de videos marche

I can send you a link to my file but it contains video and song changes already. You can use this as a starting point. Are you using the SD image file from the Stern site?

#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I can send you a link to my file but it contains video and song changes already. You can use this as a starting point. Are you using the SD image file from the Stern site?

yes please, that'd be great

Yes I am using the SD image, the other code just won't open

#4773 2 years ago

I have a few questions for those of you updating songs in Spike 2 games using Audacity to prepare before importing into Pinball Browser.

What is your project rate set at? 24000hz?
Are you doing any compression?
Are you exporting as .wav or .mp3?

I updated some songs in Iron Maiden and they sound okay, but I'm just trying to get as close in quality to the other tracks as possible. Thanks.

#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I have a few questions for those of you updating songs in Spike 2 games using Audacity to prepare before importing into Pinball Browser.
What is your project rate set at? 24000hz?
Are you doing any compression?
Are you exporting as .wav or .mp3?
I updated some songs in Iron Maiden and they sound okay, but I'm just trying to get as close in quality to the other tracks as possible. Thanks.

I been using WAV, no compression and don’t touch the preset rate.

#4775 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I been using WAV, no compression and don’t touch the preset rate.

Thank you!

#4776 2 years ago

I am trying to update some audio features but am having issues with ffmpeg running after downloading the file. After running it through 7zip and trying to run the executable for ffmpeg, I just receive a flash of a popup window and nothing happens. I am attempting to run in on a PC.

Any advice?

#4777 2 years ago
Quoted from daphishbowl:

I am a new user and having the same problem.

#4778 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I am a new user and having the same problem.

I'm sorry about that.
It's not exactly the same problem because you already have a v8 license but it won't register correctly.
Most often, this happens when Pinball Browser is started from a readonly directory (or from the .zip file), or is used on a Windows XP system.
Pinball Browser needs write permissions to the Pinball-Browser.xml file.

#4779 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'm sorry about that.
It's not exactly the same problem because you already have a v8 license but it won't register correctly.
Most often, this happens when Pinball Browser is started from a readonly directory (or from the .zip file), or is used on a Windows XP system.
Pinball Browser needs write permissions to the Pinball-Browser.xml file.

Same problem for me. It just goes into a loop asking to register everytime I start.

Running on win10, started from a directory where everyone/all users has full control on the directory and the xml file is getting updated.

#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Same problem for me. It just goes into a loop asking to register everytime I start.

If your Pinball Browser v7 license is older than 1 year, it won't work with v8.
More information here
Otherwise, PM me your token id and I'll check what's going on.

#4781 2 years ago

Do you expect the Rush code will work with PB when released or will we need to wait for an update? Looking forward to playing with the code once released. Thanks.

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you expect the Rush code will work with PB when released or will we need to wait for an update?

Unfortunately, I doubt is as the most recent firmwares for Munsters and Mando don't work with PB.

#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Unfortunately, I doubt is as the most recent firmwares for Munsters and Mando don't work with PB.

Ok, thanks. Is that something you plan to remedy in the near future?

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone had any luck changing out the text for the song names in Led Zeppelin? See below image as an example. They seem to be controlled by Request #5 but I had no luck when I updated the Song name text. Was able to change out two songs and like to be able to get the text to change as well.
Maybe even the announcement of the song name. Thanks for the help! [quoted image]

I got pretty far with it. There one image for an album cover in my case for one album cover other than that Im happy with results. I kept it zeppy just songs li liked better. I also changed all the high score names and such to reference the respective titles. It was very easy.

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You can't.
Download an SD card image from Stern's website here :
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/can_crusher-1_01_0.is

You can't.
Download an SD card image from Stern's website here :
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/can_crusher-1_01_0.iso.zip

Finally made all my updates, but when I save the new file (same name) to an SD card, the game will not boot up. Any advice?

#4786 2 years ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Finally made all my updates, but when I save the new file (same name) to an SD card, the game will not boot up. Any advice?

After you make your changes, close the firmware. Now open the SmartDMD tab, open the firmware, insert an SD card and write to that SD card drive letter.

#4787 2 years ago

Rush Pro code out on Stern site. Who wants to crack this bitch!

#4788 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Absolutely love to change out some songs. Following

#4789 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Reminder that Pinball-Browser would need to support it before anyone can start tinkering with the audio/video callouts. (I don't see any versions of gamecode for Rush on the supported code list yet, and due to the new Internet-Connected code, might not get added very quickly).

#4790 2 years ago

each future code update may break the functionality of Pinball Browser. Even if fixed now it would make sense to wait until codes gets around version 1.00 and updates do not happen that often any more. but i understand to urge to play around with it

#4791 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

UP ^^

#4792 2 years ago

I cannot for the life of me be able to get the latest Whoa Nellie .spk file to open in the latest Pinball Browser.

I downloaded the latest version of the firmware through the Pinball Browser software - but no matter what I do, I can't open it and it keeps saying Unrecognizable Firmware.

Can someone walk me through the process?

I have read every post on here and can't seem to get .spk files to open - and unfortunately - that is the only format available.

#4793 2 years ago
Quoted from HiRez00:

I cannot for the life of me be able to get the latest Whoa Nellie .spk file to open in the latest Pinball Browser.
I downloaded the latest version of the firmware through the Pinball Browser software - but no matter what I do, I can't open it and it keeps saying Unrecognizable Firmware.
Can someone walk me through the process?
I have read every post on here and can't seem to get .spk files to open - and unfortunately - that is the only format available.

Whoa Nellie – V1.55.0 SD image https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/WN-1_55.iso.zip

It's on sterns SD Card image page https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Image opened fine for me

#4794 2 years ago
Quoted from HiRez00:

Pinball Browser can't open .spk file anymore since v7.x
See the here and here for more information.

#4795 2 years ago

patiently awaiting the next update to open the rush image

#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

patiently awaiting the next update to open the rush image

Like to update Subdivisions to the original video. Too much concert footage IMO. Maybe some of the black and white footage to 80s concert footage.

#4797 2 years ago

Sorry for the noobish post- I read the key posts about macros but don't fully get it yet.
I had edited a ton of sound effects and videos on SW Pro 1.05 in the past but I never saved any macros at the time.

Does that mean there is no easy way to identify which files were changed, for exporting and importing into the 1.10 code?

#4798 2 years ago

Has anyone had success swapping in new animations for the Ecto goggle on GB RE/LE? I think that the cat at a minimum can go.

#4799 2 years ago

Hi !

I'm working on changing the sounds of my pinball machine, and I am also looking to change the startup image of the game.

I found a GameLogo.png file at /dev/sda2/gamename/assets/lcd/, I tried to replace it but it shows a black screen instead of the game logo. And if I replace my new file with the original file still black screen.

Has anyone ever managed to do this?

Thanks

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from Furtys:

Hi !
I'm working on changing the sounds of my pinball machine, and I am also looking to change the startup image of the game.
I found a GameLogo.png file at /dev/sda2/gamename/assets/lcd/, I tried to replace it but it shows a black screen instead of the game logo. And if I replace my new file with the original file still black screen.
Has anyone ever managed to do this?
Thanks

have you tried to delete the file first then import it again?
name needs to be the same, as dimensions and file type. But i have to admit i have never done it.
maybe recreating the file is better than overwriting, could be a solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/96?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.