5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 112.
#4601 2 years ago

I decided to give pinbrowser a shot to see if I could change out a few songs on my Stranger Things pro. I read through the info on the latest 7.50v and it said that any sounds over 10 seconds require the registered Pinbrowser version. Does this include music? So if a song can be over 10 seconds where I want to use it in the code/game, I need to download the registered Pinbrowser version? Any info or clarification is appreciated.

Also, I just tried to click on the link for 7.81v on the first page. It looks like it is searching but then it just times out and nothing happens. Is the link working or down right now?

#4602 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is the link working or down right now?

Working.

1 week later
#4603 2 years ago

When you add new songs, what volume level do you using use? I am adjusting songs in Aerosmith. First try the song volume was a bit lower than the background game sounds. Was able to find a video on Youtube that explained the SD card process for the Spike games. Thanks for the help!

1 week later
#4604 2 years ago

Hi Oga
Download link on page 1 is dead ?
download.pinballbrowser.com

#4605 2 years ago

What about Mando-le 0.97
Is it working for somebody ?
I've got unknown firmware error

#4606 2 years ago

Yeah, I cannot download either.

edit: I used Edge and it worked. Did not work in Chrome

Rob

#4607 2 years ago

Opening Spooky/P3-ROC gamecode files?

Who has successfully opened/edited a P3-ROC gamecode file for a Spooky game here?

I downloaded the gamecode from Spooky's website and hoped to open/edit it with Pinball Browser. Not so fast!

The file has the wrong file name and is thus not recognized by Pinball Browser.

It's called TNA-gamecode.pkg

I'm not able to unzip the package into "zip" files that perhaps PB could work with. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#4608 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Opening Spooky/P3-ROC gamecode files?
Who has successfully opened/edited a P3-ROC gamecode file for a Spooky game here?
I downloaded the gamecode from Spooky's website and hoped to open/edit it with Pinball Browser. Not so fast!
The file has the wrong file name and is thus not recognized by Pinball Browser.
It's called TNA-gamecode.pkg
I'm not able to unzip the package into "zip" files that perhaps PB could work with. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

The file layout and binary format are completely different. Pinball Browser is a binary editor and would have to build support for Spooky files which is non-trivial to say the least. That binary support is significantly more complicated than just changing file names.

#4609 2 years ago

Any sites people use to download video content off Youtube successfully (with not too many viruses)? Thanks.

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any sites people use to download video content off Youtube successfully (with not too many viruses)? Thanks.

software called "4k video downloader"

#4611 2 years ago

Are there any posts that explain the process of swapping out videos? Songs are quite easy, as long as you use Audacity to keep the song length the same. But the videos seem to be by frame size. Not sure if they have to be the same frame length but I assume so? What program can I use to take an existing MP4 file and convert it to work with PB and keep the frame size the same? Thanks for the help!

#4612 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The file layout and binary format are completely different. Pinball Browser is a binary editor and would have to build support for Spooky files which is non-trivial to say the least. That binary support is significantly more complicated than just changing file names.

Oh, I'm not surprised it's not simply a matter of file name syntax. Thanks for your response. It sounds like using Pinball Browser on TNA ain't happening anytime soon. Drat!

#4613 2 years ago

Trying to figure out what information can be retrieved using the serial port. I've seen people retrieving high scores, but I couldn't find specific documentation on this. Is there some documentation on the serial protocol and the data that can be accessed?

#4614 2 years ago

Good morning everyone

I'm rather puzzled: I colorized using PB macro system a Stern Avengers (SAM version) ROM. So far so good, got a few out of memory, but in little quantity so thought I'd give it a try

I generated a serial version by adding the comm patch, and created the corresponding ROM.

Flashed it in the system, boots fine, start text is white, however even without using the serial cable I got some working colorizations, which seemed "OK", meaning hulk was green, captain america shield was red/white/blue, etc

So I'm confused, is it possible that a serial patch generated ROM actually includes in-band ?

Also, I tried to connect the PC to Stern SAM to check COM connection, but of course the serial USB adapter I have does not have a valid windows driver. Will Zadig USB drivers work ?

Regards

#4615 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I generated a serial version by adding the comm patch, and created the corresponding ROM.

Did you also change the SmartDMD configuration to Store colors "Side Channel (serial) ?

#4616 2 years ago
Quoted from sztupakcsaba:

What about Mando-le 0.97
Is it working for somebody ?
I've got unknown firmware error

Waiting on same thing any updates to Pinball Browser coming? Also wanting to update GOTG 1.08

#4617 2 years ago

Looks like the new Beatles code 1.15 that dropped a few days ago doesn’t work with PB.

Will a future update to PB fix this?

#4618 2 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Did you also change the SmartDMD configuration to Store colors "Side Channel (serial) ?

Yes I did

But I believe I figured out, turns out in this colorization the default palette actually works nicely for ma'y scenes. There is no palette switch though.

Will try to make it work with in-band first, and move to serial if it does not work

#4619 2 years ago

Does anyone get it to work to browse to the Mando firmware?

#4620 2 years ago

New to Pinball Browser. Tried to replace one sound request with a mono wave file, 24000Hz, and when I preview it in Pinball Browser it sounds perfect. After I import it, it is just straight static. Tried importing a dozen times, tried creating wav file with Audacity and Goldwave - all sound good on the preview but after I import they are just static. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause?

#4621 2 years ago
Quoted from berg0319:

New to Pinball Browser. Tried to replace one sound request with a mono wave file, 24000Hz, and when I preview it in Pinball Browser it sounds perfect. After I import it, it is just straight static. Tried importing a dozen times, tried creating wav file with Audacity and Goldwave - all sound good on the preview but after I import they are just static. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause?

My only advice is to download and inspect the stock audio file you want to replace. Then make sure your custom audio file matches its same bit depth and sample rate. 24000Hz (aka 24kHz) seems like a red flag to your issue. That's an odd sample rate value in general for audio. Stern audio files are either 44.1khz or 48khz from my experience.

#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Are there any posts that explain the process of swapping out videos? Songs are quite easy, as long as you use Audacity to keep the song length the same. But the videos seem to be by frame size. Not sure if they have to be the same frame length but I assume so? What program can I use to take an existing MP4 file and convert it to work with PB and keep the frame size the same? Thanks for the help!

Have you done any AC/DC song swaps? Thanks

#4623 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Have you done any AC/DC song swaps? Thanks

Yes, I swapped in Shoot to thrill. Can't remember which song off hand. Working on Iron Maiden currently. Swapping in three songs, Children of the Damned, Gangland, and Invaders (already done). Trying to figure out how to swap out the song images on start up right now.

#4624 2 years ago

Changing out the song images in start up for IM was pretty straight forward. Changed out 3 songs and images. Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for helping create the image files.

2CA5FC88-3A3C-4226-AA57-2611FAA02527 (resized).jpeg2CA5FC88-3A3C-4226-AA57-2611FAA02527 (resized).jpeg3041F7E9-761E-4918-8272-7238E728A1DF (resized).jpeg3041F7E9-761E-4918-8272-7238E728A1DF (resized).jpegFCD3A59B-843A-4DE0-AE30-1D96358D527B (resized).jpegFCD3A59B-843A-4DE0-AE30-1D96358D527B (resized).jpeg
#4625 2 years ago

Does anyone know where the song images are stored in the Scene folders for Aerosmith? Like to swap out a few of the images to correspond with the song changes I made. Thanks for your help!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Changing out the song images in start up for IM was pretty straight forward. Changed out 3 songs and images. Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for helping create the image files.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! Can you share the link or process? I’d love to do that.

#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s awesome! Can you share the link or process? I’d love to do that.

Will try to explain it best I can. The key was the post created by OGA83 below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/78#post-5740605

Once you have the Iron Maiden file open in PB, you go to the Scenes tab. Under Scene 3 you will see a folder, "All members", you open that up and you will see each of the image files for the songs. For each song there is a Bitmap image and a secondary Image file. Then you right click on the image you want to change and hit 'import'. From here you select the replacement image and it is done. I changed both the Bitmap and Image files with the same image to be safe.

As noted by OGA83 in his original post, you have to make sure the image is translucent. Also, the image size has to be the same as the original, for IM they appear to be 512x512. If you search for PNG images on the internet, these seem to be the best replacements for the original files as I think most of these are translucent already. I had someone help me create the new PNG image files, so I can't help much with that process. Let me know if you have any questions.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Will try to explain it best I can. The key was the post created by OGA83 below:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/78#post-5740605
Once you have the Iron Maiden file open in PB, you go to the Scenes tab. Under Scene 3 you will see a folder, "All members", you open that up and you will see each of the image files for the songs. For each song there is a Bitmap image and a secondary Image file. Then you right click on the image you want to change and hit 'import'. From here you select the replacement image and it is done. I changed both the Bitmap and Image files with the same image to be safe.
As noted by OGA83 in his original post, you have to make sure the image is translucent. Also, the image size has to be the same as the original, for IM they appear to be 512x512. If you search for PNG images on the internet, these seem to be the best replacements for the original files as I think most of these are translucent already. I had someone help me create the new PNG image files, so I can't help much with that process. Let me know if you have any questions.[quoted image]

Cool, thanks for the rundown.

I’ve created clear logos with png files for my MAME, so that shouldn’t be a problem. If anyone wants to link to IMDN files, I would be appreciative.

#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cool, thanks for the rundown.
I’ve created clear logos with png files for my MAME, so that shouldn’t be a problem. If anyone wants to link to IMDN files, I would be appreciative.

Here the files I used. If you want me to email them to you, just PM me your email address. Hope this helps. Love to see what others come up with.

IM_COTD (resized).pngIM_COTD (resized).pngIM_Gangland (resized).pngIM_Gangland (resized).pngIM_Invaders (resized).pngIM_Invaders (resized).png
#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here the files I used. If you want me to email them to you, just PM me your email address. Hope this helps. Love to see what others come up with.

Sweet! I’m planning to do The Evil That Men Do, Phantom of the Opera, Iron Maiden and maybe Wrathchild. I’ll upload to help others if I get it sorted out.

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

If you do a colorization from scratch, best is to use the new PIN2DMD method, which does not involve patching the ROM, and is therefore not limited by ROM size (plus you get 64 colors support). It also has the benefit of not being dependent on the ROM (besides the trigger), the same colorization file can be used on a Pro/Prem/LE regardless of the rom version. This is a recent method that was implemented by lucky1 on PIN2DMD, allowing to support Stern SAM machines. There has been a few very nice releases recently, unfortunately not Star Trek.
Since it was not available with the regular PIN2DMD PAL/FSQ file method, I've been looking at options to use the macros, no luck so far

Could someone post a thread link with more details on how to do the new PAL/FSQ file method for Stern? I would like to learn how to get the dump and start colorizing for my Stern ST Premium. Thanks!

#4632 2 years ago

Some song icon changes for Aerosmith Pro.

50D1EC21-E670-4126-B664-5AA1AD45B86F (resized).jpeg50D1EC21-E670-4126-B664-5AA1AD45B86F (resized).jpeg70B94F02-BDC6-4E9B-899B-7023CB251F48 (resized).jpeg70B94F02-BDC6-4E9B-899B-7023CB251F48 (resized).jpegCBEA31FD-EA7B-40E7-802D-E43C2991D83E (resized).jpegCBEA31FD-EA7B-40E7-802D-E43C2991D83E (resized).jpeg
#4633 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pretty nice, be cool to have an insert decal so it matches the PF.

Probably the 3 songs I would want as well maybe mama kin and train kept a rollin.

#4634 2 years ago

Some

Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty nice, be cool to have an insert decal so it matches the PF.
Probably the 3 songs I would want as well maybe mama kin and train kept a rollin.

Insert decals would be a whole lot of work. Sky is the limit on song changes really. Also might resale value if the buyer wants the game stock. As is, takes 20 seconds to swap out the original SD card and get back to the original songs and icons.

#4635 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Some

Insert decals would be a whole lot of work. Sky is the limit on song changes really.

Yeah a bit of work I just hate when shit doesn’t match, confuses the casual player. Looks janky but sounds good. Lol

It’s definitely something I would pay one of the modders to do though since we all change the music on these.

#4636 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone wants to update the Song images in Aerosmith Pro, they can be found in Scene 97. They have to be the same size as the original (pretty sure), 550x512. Thanks.

#4637 2 years ago

I would like to re-theme some modes in Elviras House of Horror. (replacing b-movies with blockbusters)
Therefore i would need a list of all movie-clip-sounds with their corresponding movie-clips.
Currently it seems impossible to assign the movie-clips to the used movie-clip-soundfiles.

#4638 2 years ago

Anyone know what scene controls the background image with the toy box in Aerosmith? The one with the text “decorations” in the background. Love to swap that out. Thanks.

#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone wants to update the Song images in Aerosmith Pro, they can be found in Scene 97. They have to be the same size as the original (pretty sure), 550x512. Thanks.

Update the Setlist image as well with the three new songs added. Have to adjust the font.

2571F243-9FD5-47C3-BBC9-87EBEE63B5FB (resized).jpeg2571F243-9FD5-47C3-BBC9-87EBEE63B5FB (resized).jpeg

#4640 2 years ago

Anyone able to successfully replace the Stern logo on start up? Found the PNG files in Scenes, replaced them but doesn’t seem to work in game play. Thanks.

#4641 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone able to successfully replace the Stern logo on start up? Found the PNG files in Scenes, replaced them but doesn’t seem to work in game play. Thanks.

The startup logo is here :
ExplorerExplorer
To replace it, right-click on the "spike" folder and choose "Import...".
Of course, use the same name.

#4642 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The startup logo is here :
[quoted image]
To replace it, right-click on the "spike" folder and choose "Import...".
Of course, use the same name.

Think that is the issue, I changed the name. All the other files I changed accepted a different file name. I guess some need to be the same. Any general rule for file naming protocol? Thanks for your help.

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Think that is the issue, I changed the name. All the other files I changed accepted a different file name. I guess some need to be the same. Any general rule for file naming protocol? Thanks for your help.

When you import a file into an object (sound, image, video, ...) the name of the source is not significant.
However, any file that you replace directly in the file system must have the same name; the only example I can think of is the startup logo.

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

When you import a file into an object (sound, image, video, ...) the name of the source is not significant.
However, any file that you replace directly in the file system must have the same name; the only example I can think of is the startup logo.

Thanks for clarifying. I tried changing the name and it did take the logo change.

#4645 2 years ago

Hello. I have an AC/DC pro machine with a pin2dmd display installed, I am running code 1.70. I am looking for the color macro from MikeD. Does anyone know where to get the macro or who to contact to get one? I see the 1.68LE in the repository. There is updated versions for the v-pin but I just can't seem to find the real pin update.

Thanks for reading.

#4648 2 years ago

miked lost his files for ac/dc quite a while ago. I know because I was going to help out and fix what was still left to do about 3-4 years ago

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

miked lost his files for ac/dc quite a while ago. I know because I was going to help out and fix what was still left to do about 3-4 years ago

Thank you for the info. Looks like I’ll have to go do a traditional coloring with the editor.

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Thank you for the info. Looks like I’ll have to go do a traditional coloring with the editor.

Usually the difference between Pro and Premium is a few shiftIDs. Probably worth checking

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/93?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.