LZ0_93 (resized).png
ST1.02.png
pasted_image (resized).png
santa (resized).png
pb (resized).png
pb (resized).png
B6373C39-6AB1-4BCA-8C0F-A7E5F3AA83D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4577 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 92.
#4551 62 days ago

Where can I see what people have done with Stern Star Wars with pinball browsers?

#4552 62 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

PoMC I love the video excerpts from the show, they look stock. Is there a way to make the transitions longer for the still images, or is that locked in with the code?

Thanks. I can change the transition time for each individual photo. Myself and Cleland have already come up with some tweaks that will work well with his soundtrack version of the Strange Impalas ending track.

I had timed the slideshow photo transitions to change to the beat of the edit I made with Twist of Fate as the game over song. So yup, the photo transitions as shown are not yet timed and paced for the Cleland ending track.

This video slot is 45 seconds long, but the game will loop it for another 10-15 seconds on its own. I can reduce the # of photos in the slideshow, slow down the transition times, etc, but the running length will still be 45 seconds and loop.

#4553 60 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Where can I see what people have done with Stern Star Wars with pinball browsers?

Here's a demo of some of the changes I made to mine. I'm happy to share the modded file if anyone is interested.

I did have some trouble matching the sound quality to the original files. There is some lossy processing that occurs once imported music is imported into pinball browser and added to the code. I would be interested to hear about the import settings people are using to get the best results in this regard. Also, I had to add a lot of audio compression to the tracks to boost the gain, otherwise they were too quiet against the original tracks.

See what you think anyway.

Added 58 days ago:

EDIT: Here is a link to the modded code if keen to try it out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XHk8HV6ttRf5uPRzT2DrhJnfhOirUh5Q/view?usp=sharing

Added 57 days ago:

Working video link

1 week later
#4554 50 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You guys should try Pinball Browser, it’s really not hard to swap out the music. No coding required.

I'll have to look into Pinball Browser. I've only had my Metallica for about three months,but hearing the same music over and over is getting old ! Maybe I'll add some music like, The Doors, Ccr, The Band,Stevie Ray Vaughan and some Genesis to my Metallica. I really like the game but the music has got to go. I don't think I'd ever buy another music pin again, because even my favorite groups would be torture to hear over and over again.
Quick question,is the music you're replacing gone once you add the new music?
I really don't care if I never hear any of these songs again,but if I ever sold the game,I'm sure the buyer would hate the music I added to the game.
P.S
Maybe once I add a couple of more games to my game room,I'll feel different about changing my Metallica's music? I'm still not sure what my next game is gonna be ?

#4555 47 days ago

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone out there would be willing to share their sound mods fo Avengers AIQ Premium. I'd be happy to contribute some cash out of respect for the work. Just really would like to have the music, themes and callouts from the Marvel movies. Thanks in advance!

JPV

#4556 46 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Maybe once I add a couple of more games to my game room,I'll feel different about changing my Metallica's music? I'm still not sure what my next game is gonna be ?

I used to think about throwing totally different music into Metallica just to change it up, but all of the songs have grown on me and feel like they’re part of the game. I might still swap out a few of the slower songs, but it’ll always be Metallica. And I don’t even really love the band, but it would be wrong to put another band’s music in it.

Non-band pins are different. If I don’t like a particular song Stern picked, I have no problem substituting something else.

#4557 43 days ago

If anyone wants a file for their AC/DC with Shoot to Thrill added, shot me a PM. I don't mind sharing the file. It is not 100% perfect, but pretty close. If anyone else has files to share for AC/DC or Aerosmith, would love to try them. Thanks.

#4558 38 days ago

Is there a link for an updated version of AIQ Premium?

#4559 38 days ago

probably better to ask in the AIQ threads

Quoted from jamieflowers:

Is there a link for an updated version of AIQ Premium?

#4560 36 days ago

Does anyone have a labeled sound map of transformers?

#4561 35 days ago

Can anyone help - recently downloaded Pinball Browser and wanting to mod my AS Pro. I downloaded the latest code from the Stern website but it says Unknown Firmware (as I've seen on older posts can occur). I also selected the dropdown in Pinball Browser to "download from Stern", selected AS Pro and downloaded that file, same result. Any ideas?

#4562 35 days ago

I am getting a Guardians pro and some that have shipped have the 1.08 code now and of course if I get one with it I won’t be able to use clelands 1.06 code. Will PB be updated for it? Clelands sound mods are awesome and I really would hate to miss out on it. Appreciate all those who have the talent and no how to do this.

#4563 35 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am getting a Guardians pro and some that have shipped have the 1.08 code now and of course if I get one with it I won’t be able to use clelands 1.06 code. Will PB be updated for it? Clelands sound mods are awesome and I really would hate to miss out on it. Appreciate all those who have the talent and no how to do this.

Remember there are two parts to this GOTG new gamecode story:
1) the pinball browser author needs to update his utility to be able to open the new 1.08 game code image
2) cleland will need to spend a bunch of time migrating his audio clip work from the old image to the new image, which is not a small undertaking.

#4564 35 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Remember there are two parts to this GOTG new gamecode story:
1) the pinball browser author needs to update his utility to be able to open the new 1.08 game code image
2) cleland will need to spend a bunch of time migrating his audio clip work from the old image to the new image, which is not a small undertaking.

I know it’s not a small undertaking and if you read what I said at the end you would see that. I never said it was easy and I wish I had the smarts to do it. Me hoping it will be done does not undermine the time it takes to do it.

#4565 33 days ago

Dear Oga,

Do you have some WIP status to share with us about the support of the newest game codes (Mandalorian 0.91-0.96-0.97, Led Zeppelin 1.04-1.05, Guardians of the Galaxy 1.08)?

Thanks in advance.

#4566 32 days ago

Good morning,

Would anyone has access to PB older versions ?

Rationale: I've encountered many "out of memory" issues with PB latest revision trying to apply colorization macros from the repository. I read somewhere that it did work on older revision, and indeed I can't understand why there would be so many errors and the original author of the macros would not have realized it.

I'm trying therefore to go back in time

Based on the macros date from the repository, I'm specifically looking at:
- Last revision released before Dec 25 2019 (Star Trek and Avengers colorization by Sharkky)
- Last revision before Nov 22 2019 (AC/DC Colorization by PinballMikeD)

Hopefully I can then run and apply the macros completely

Thanks

#4567 32 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Dear Oga,
Do you have some WIP status to share with us about the support of the newest game codes (Mandalorian 0.91-0.96-0.97, Led Zeppelin 1.04-1.05, Guardians of the Galaxy 1.08)?

Not yet, sorry. I'll post some information as soon as I know.

Quoted from Ashram56:

it did work on older revision

I am not aware of any regression on this.
Did you select the correct side-channel method (SmartDmd tab / Store colors) and use the Extend Memory function (Sam tab) ?

#4568 32 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Not yet, sorry. I'll post some information as soon as I know.

I am not aware of any regression on this.
Did you select the correct side-channel method (SmartDmd tab / Store colors) and use the Extend Memory function (Sam tab) ?

I was looking at using In-Frame, is there a limitation ?

[EDIT] Using Side-channel instead of In-frame and most of out of memory errors are gone (two vs hundreds)
[EDIT2] Trying to apply a ShiftID rule, since the macros was defined for ST Pro 1.61, and I'm running on LE 1.62. Analyzing the DMD shows that DMD frame 0x5AD on the Pro is 0x5B6 on the LE , and everything else after that is identical

So trying to use that command, but I get a "Macro error", with no indication is to what would be wrong, any information would be welcome

ShiftID,0,0x5AD,0x5B6

[EDIT3] macro are case sensitive, it should be ShiftId instead of ShiftID, it works now.

I still get a bunch of out of memory errors though, but that might be precisely because I'm applying it on an LE which has a few more DMD frames, so less space

#4569 32 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I was looking at using In-Frame, is there a limitation ?

[EDIT] There definitely is a MAJOR difference. With In-Frame I get hundred of errors, with Side-Channel, only two
I guess i'll have to use side channel then...

#4570 31 days ago

So even using Side channel, extend memory, ST161 Pro ROM and the macro from the repository (so no change), I get hundred of "out of memory" errors.

I would really welcome the possibility to test the older version so I can determine if these errors disappear, as I can't figure out how the original author resolved these errors.

#4571 30 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
Would anyone has access to PB older versions ?
Rationale: I've encountered many "out of memory" issues with PB latest revision trying to apply colorization macros from the repository. I read somewhere that it did work on older revision, and indeed I can't understand why there would be so many errors and the original author of the macros would not have realized it.
I'm trying therefore to go back in time
Based on the macros date from the repository, I'm specifically looking at:
- Last revision released before Dec 25 2019 (Star Trek and Avengers colorization by Sharkky)
- Last revision before Nov 22 2019 (AC/DC Colorization by PinballMikeD)
Hopefully I can then run and apply the macros completely
Thanks

If you get this figured out please let me know. I was trying to use the macros to colorize the movie music firmware for use on a pin2dmd. It failed with out of memory errors. Then I tried to to color myself with a two tone and color pop and it was looking decent but then I ran out of memory again.

If anyone has the ST pro w movie sound and has the DMD colored please share it with me.

#4572 30 days ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

If you get this figured out please let me know. I was trying to use the macros to colorize the movie music firmware for use on a pin2dmd. It failed with out of memory errors. Then I tried to to color myself with a two tone and color pop and it was looking decent but then I ran out of memory again.
If anyone has the ST pro w movie sound and has the DMD colored please share it with me.

If you do a colorization from scratch, best is to use the new PIN2DMD method, which does not involve patching the ROM, and is therefore not limited by ROM size (plus you get 64 colors support). It also has the benefit of not being dependent on the ROM (besides the trigger), the same colorization file can be used on a Pro/Prem/LE regardless of the rom version. This is a recent method that was implemented by lucky1 on PIN2DMD, allowing to support Stern SAM machines. There has been a few very nice releases recently, unfortunately not Star Trek.

Since it was not available with the regular PIN2DMD PAL/FSQ file method, I've been looking at options to use the macros, no luck so far

2 weeks later
#4573 15 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone wants a file for their AC/DC with Shoot to Thrill added, shot me a PM. I don't mind sharing the file. It is not 100% perfect, but pretty close. If anyone else has files to share for AC/DC or Aerosmith, would love to try them. Thanks.

I assume you replaced For Those About To Rock with Shoot To Thrill?

1 week later
#4574 5 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Would macros make this a quicker process? Providing the physical locations of the media have not changed.

#4575 5 days ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Would macros make this a quicker process? Providing the physical locations of the media have not changed.

timlah79 did this for Jurassic park and I have connected him and cleland to see if the same process could be used…. AFTER oga83 announces support for gotg 1.08

Let’s keep our fingers crossed!

#4576 3 days ago

Does the new wifi announcement from stern render pinball browser obsolete for future games ?

#4577 2 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Does the new wifi announcement from stern render pinball browser obsolete for future games ?

for now it will make it harder. At the moment you do not need to connect the machine to wifi, only if you want to use the additional features.
At the moment it is also not known if you can disable/enable auto update as a separate point in the configuration with enabled wifi.
With the activated auto update feature all changes done on a custom image will be overwritten, in what extend it depends in what way the feature will be implemented.

We are still in the changing time and we have to see what the future will bring. But current machienes and the ones coming in near future i think have a high possibility to be supported, and have them working with custom images.

There are 4577 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 92.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside