1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 112.
#4451 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Hey all. How do you find jpeg’s stills? I had thought they would be in the scenes, but can’t seem to find what I am looking for. For example, in AIQ:
- i’ve replaced Mystery (the cartoon van driving up) with a clip of Antman opening the van doors in Endgame.
- when the clip is over and the award is displayed, the background appears to be a still from the last frame of the original cartoon van video
- I’d like to swap out a still of the final frame of the video I made, but I can’t seem to find it
- Scene 117 in AIQ appears to be when the Mystery bonus is revealed. Again - in clicking through the million expanding items, I never stumble upon a background
Any advice is appreciated

had you a look at scene 115? i think there you can find the background

#4452 3 years ago

Has anyone produceda song change for Led Zeppelin?

1 week later
#4453 3 years ago

The latest Iron Maiden v1.07 seems to throw PB into a NullReferenceException frenzy. Others confirm? (v771)

Update .. works fine with sd image downloaded via PB .. so all good.

#4454 3 years ago

Please PM me if AIQ has been redone by someone. Would like to try any redone 1.0 code that might take advantage of movie and music code.

#4455 3 years ago
Quoted from allknowing2012:

The latest Iron Maiden v1.07 seems to throw PB into a NullReferenceException frenzy. Others confirm? (v771)
Update .. works fine with sd image downloaded via PB .. so all good.

How challenging is it to change out the music in maiden? Is there a solid tutorial out there?

1 week later
#4456 3 years ago

Is the download link not working for anyone else?

#4457 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Is the download link not working for anyone else?

just tried the link for version 7.71 on page 1 is working for me.

#4458 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

just tried the link for version 7.71 on page 1 is working for me.

It is not working for me this morning, US / windows 10 / Chrome.

Edit: edge browser worked fine

#4459 3 years ago

It works in France with Firefox, Chrome and Edge

#4460 3 years ago

I just downloaded and donated, thank you for your efforts! AIQ premium is the firmware I will be patiently waiting for firmware support on. Cheers-

1 week later
#4461 2 years ago

Has anyone done Spooky's ACNC? It looks like newer version of Pinball Browser lets us work with Spooky games.

#4462 2 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

Has anyone done Spooky's ACNC? It looks like newer version of Pinball Browser lets us work with Spooky games.

I would guess only SOME of their games, since the Multimoprphic games (Alice, TNA, and R&M)'s firmwares are encrypted. (Well, at least Alice's and R&Ms are.)

#4463 2 years ago

Anyone know how I can create an image of my Metallica SD Card? I know with the newer games you can just download the SD Card Image from Stern's website. I wanted to have multiple cards for the game. One for the regular music, one for disco, one for rap, etc.

Is it as easy as just using imaging software to copy the data from the existing card?

#4464 2 years ago

Metallica doesn't use SD cards, it's a SAM game with built-in flash memory. You'll have to reprogram it from a USB stick each time you want to change the music.

#4465 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Metallica doesn't use SD cards, it's a SAM game with built-in flash memory. You'll have to reprogram it from a USB stick each time you want to change the music.

And how I didn't know that was beyond me. It's not like I didn't already change all my songs. This getting old thing is for the birds.

Thanks @metallik

#4466 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to loop a song? Meaning if I put in a 5m song for a slot that's 7m, is there a way to easily loop it to just start at the beginning? I don't really care if it gets cut off at the 7m mark and starts again. I was just looking for a way to get rid of any silence.

#4467 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone know how to loop a song? Meaning if I put in a 5m song for a slot that's 7m, is there a way to easily loop it to just start at the beginning? I don't really care if it gets cut off at the 7m mark and starts again. I was just looking for a way to get rid of any silence.

Pull it into Audacity, select entire song, copy, put cursor at end of song, paste, then trim or let PBB do it automatically when importing.

#4468 2 years ago

Nope, not possible with pinball browser.

Quoted from HopBeard:

#4469 2 years ago

Hoping someone can provide some insights.

I recently received my machine (premium) and it was running 1.6 code with a pinball mix on it replacing the music with 80s tunes. The custom mix replaced the 11 maiden tracks with various 80s tunes and multiple songs were appended together to replace some of the longer duration maiden tracks.

For instance, Fear of the Dark was replaced with two tracks: dead man's party and thriller. At the song select screen before launching a ball, if fear of the dark is selected/hovered over you'll first hear dead man's party and then thriller once dead man's party is done. But when you start the mode fear of the dark, thriller will play which must mean that the mode start pulls from a different song reference in the code then the song select does.

I've already bookmarked the longest song reference for each of the 11 maiden songs in the newest 1.8 code. I'm trying to figure out if I also have to find and bookmark the specific references for each mode start and multiball start too

Any help would be much appreciated!

#4470 2 years ago

Santa Claus brought us a very nice release of Pinball Browser. Hopefully the Easter bells will be just as generous!

#4471 2 years ago

Does any one know if PB has been fixed yet to where importing audio replacements in TMNT and Infinity Quest doesn’t sound too low compared to the stern stock music?

#4472 2 years ago

I was looking at the 1.06 maiden code and then the most recent 1.08 code. I fully bookmarked each instance of the 11 maiden songs in the 1.08 code, but there are of song references missing in the 1.06 code. Can someone explain? In the 1.08, there are at least 20 line items in the sound tab that are 7 minutes or longer. In tbe 1.06, only about 10. I expected that the reference IDs would be different, but didn't expect the huge discrepancy in song references.

I noticed folks recommend that, if you're swapping a song, swap the longest reference for that song.

1 week later
#4473 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'm waiting for more firmwares to be released.
It's easier to train the algorithm on several firmwares.

Sorry for keeping you waiting so long !
New firmwares have just been released, and I was able to train my algorithm on them.

So, here is Pinball Browser v7.80 !
It should work with all existing Spike firmwares

It is possible that a few sounds will not be played correctly.
It appears that there are now a bunch of different sound codecs.
Technically, Pinball Browser don't really need them but it makes it harder to locate each sound, and sometimes, it fails.
I'm not sure about the reason for this, and the help I was receiving from an insider is no longer available.
I will continue to work on this.

I also have added a file explorer that let you see/export/import all the files on the SD card :
pb (resized).pngpb (resized).png

#4474 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Sorry for keeping you waiting so long !
New firmwares have just been released, and I was able to train my algorithm on them.
So, here is Pinball Browser v7.80 !
It should work with all existing Spike firmwares
It is possible that a few sounds will not be played correctly.
It appears that there are now a bunch of different sound codecs.
Technically, Pinball Browser don't really need them but it makes it harder to locate each sound, and sometimes, it fails.
I'm not sure about the reason for this, and the help I was receiving from an insider is no longer available.
I will continue to work on this.
I also have added a file explorer that let you see/export/import all the files on the SD card :
[quoted image]

Excellent news for the end of the week!

#4475 2 years ago

You are the gr8est

#4476 2 years ago

Are there any current instructions as to how Pinball Browser works? The only thing I can find are 7+ years old and they don't explain much to a new user.

For example;
"Load a stock firmware in Pinball Browser"? -What is a stock firmware? Where/ how do you get it?
"Load the "commXXX.hex" patch that is included into the .zip you've downloaded" -What is a .hex patch? Included in what .zip? Downloaded from where?

Kind of lost...

#4477 2 years ago

Ok, I guess this only works on older machines that have .bin files
Correct me if I am wrong, but this does not work on current games that use .spk files?

#4478 2 years ago

Hi there,

just see at youtube the video from the #Pirates of the Caribbean pinball (Stern, 2006) OST with Pinball Browser (version 6.00)
Has anybody the soundfile ore where can i download the full sounds installed in this video ?
Would be great to get it. Im not firm to compose ore edit all that but i love the pinball machine.

I bought the pinball browser here, current version in use 7.56, so i think i have everything to install the soundfile ?

Thanks in advance, and stay healthy everybody,
kind regards from germany, Holger

Added over 3 years ago:

i would donate that work of course

#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

Correct me if I am wrong, but this does not work on current games that use .spk files?

.spk files are just updates. Pinball Browser is designed to work on the entire software package, whether it’s the older .bin files or new games that use an SD card.

Stern’s current game code images are on their website.

Post 1 will answer some of your questions: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012

#4480 2 years ago

Are there any current instructions as to how Pinball Browser works? The only thing I can find are 7+ years old and they don't explain much to a new user.
For example;
"Load a stock firmware in Pinball Browser"? -What is a stock firmware? Where/ how do you get it?
"Load the "commXXX.hex" patch that is included into the .zip you've downloaded" -What is a .hex patch? Included in what .zip? Downloaded from where?
Kind of lost...

Shoot me a PM, I think I can help. I recently learned how to use it and successfully employed a new sound package for Iron Maiden. I am happy to try to schedule a time to chat over the phone and can hopefully get your questions answered.

#4481 2 years ago

It seems that tiny.cc is down
Pinball Browser v7.80 can also be download here

#4482 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Shoot me a PM, I think I can help. I recently learned how to use it and successfully employed a new sound package for Iron Maiden. I am happy to try to schedule a time to chat over the phone and can hopefully get your questions answered.

Thanks, that is very generous of you. I think my situation is weird in that I'm trying to update the music in Heavy Metal (Stern). The only thing I can find on Stern's website that is available for download is a recent (03/25/21) Game Code update that is a .spk file. Are you guys downloading from the "SD Card Images" section of their website for your machines to get the "full game code"? (Heavy Metal is not available there.)

#4483 2 years ago

Thanks, that is very generous of you. I think my situation is weird in that I'm trying to update the music in Heavy Metal (Stern). The only thing I can find on Stern's website that is available for download is a recent (03/25/21) Game Code update that is a .spk file. Are you guys downloading from the "SD Card Images" section of their website for your machines to get the "full game code"? (Heavy Metal is not available there.)

Yes you would normaly download the full SD-Card image from the website. Sometimes they do not provide it. In this case you can try to do you own image.
In Pinball Browser you have the posibilty to Read-From an SD-Card and write this image to your hard disc. Then you can modify this image.
The modified image you can then write to a new SD-Card. I would not overwrite the existing SD-Card.
In theory it should work.

i hope this helps and leads you on the right track.

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

In theory it should work.

Works in practice. That's also how the Soundmods have been done in the past.

#4485 2 years ago

Ok. Thanks for the info. I will try to figure it out!

#4486 2 years ago

If anyone who has Avengers IQ could bookmark and sync the song locations, that would be much appreciated.
I don't have the game, but am working on some music changes. I've only been able to figure out: Ironman Multiball, Thor Multiball, and Game Over which I have marked and shared in Pinball Browser.

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

If anyone who has Avengers IQ could bookmark and sync the song locations, that would be much appreciated.
I don't have the game, but am working on some music changes. I've only been able to figure out: Ironman Multiball, Thor Multiball, and Game Over which I have marked and shared in Pinball Browser.

I have AIQ premium and am hoping to download the newest code and look at it this weekend now that there’s a working update. First timer here.......Does it matter which version prem or pro? Awesome to see you’re working on this!

#4488 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I have AIQ premium and am hoping to download the newest code and look at it this weekend now that there’s a working update. First timer here.......Does it matter which version prem or pro? Awesome to see you’re working on this!

Latest code loads just fine, I’m working on the LE/Premium and yes the sound requests differ from the Pro.
The jukebox feature with these latest releases really help in identifying the songs and labeling them.

#4489 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Latest code loads just fine, I’m working on the LE/Premium and yes the sound requests differ from the Pro.
The jukebox feature with these latest releases really help in identifying the songs and labeling them.

got the major gems and battles mostly bookmarked, still working through some but may not have time to finish all the longer stuff today.......it's a start anyway (AIQ LE/PREM)

#4492 2 years ago

Pinball Browser was not starting at all on some systems

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser was not starting at all on some systems

Works great on my system (Windows 10 20H2 x64).

#4494 2 years ago

All - Need help. I have v7.8. I downloaded the iron_maiden_pro-1_08_0.Release.8G.sdcard to my desktop, made the changes to the code for the songs I want...I purchased a new 16gb SD card and now I am trying to get the file saved to the New SD card, but I keep getting an error as the file is too big. Do you have any pointers on how to get the RAW file onto the SD card? I was able to get the file in a zip file onto the SD card but when I loaded the SD card into the pinball machine nothing happens.

Much appreciated.

#4495 2 years ago
Quoted from ajnielson:

All - Need help. I have v7.8. I downloaded the iron_maiden_pro-1_08_0.Release.8G.sdcard to my desktop, made the changes to the code for the songs I want...I purchased a new 16gb SD card and now I am trying to get the file saved to the New SD card, but I keep getting an error as the file is too big. Do you have any pointers on how to get the RAW file onto the SD card? I was able to get the file in a zip file onto the SD card but when I loaded the SD card into the pinball machine nothing happens.
Much appreciated.

with what software are you trying to load the image on the SD-Card. The "image" is a file containing a lot of information like your hard disc on your computer.
You need special software to load this image on a SD-card. You can do it directly from pinball Browser with writing image. Or Balena Etcher, but some people have trouble with this software, or i think there is one called win32diskimager.

hope this helps

#4496 2 years ago
Quoted from ajnielson:

I am trying to get the file saved to the New SD card

You can use Pinball Browser (SmartDmd tab / Write to SD) or Win32diskimager.
See "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" (option #1) in the FAQ

#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

with what software are you trying to load the image on the SD-Card. The "image" is a file containing a lot of information like your hard disc on your computer.
You need special software to load this image on a SD-card. You can do it directly from pinball Browser with writing image. Or Balena Etcher, but some people have trouble with this software, or i think there is one called win32diskimager.
hope this helps

Thx for the note.

Just wrote to the SD using Win32diskimager and it works. Thx!

#4498 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You can use Pinball Browser (SmartDmd tab / Write to SD) or Win32diskimager.
See "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" (option #1) in the FAQ

Hey Oliver - thx for your note. Used Win32diskimager and it works great.

Amazing work man!

#4499 2 years ago

Wondering if its possible to remove sound requests? I am messing around with GOTG and I always thought the movie lines dragged on too long.

One thing I did do was change the volume of the sound request to 0% but during the scenes the music will fade a bit with when that request is supposed to be playing.

#4500 2 years ago

What is the character encoding that is used for text messages? I found some text items that have an newline/crlf but do not show that character when examining the contents. What should be there?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.