1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 112.
#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Testing today the EULA does not pop up anymore? did they remove it again?
maybe a testrun for the near future?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Eula.pdf

Could be they set a cookie so each visitor only sees it once. Try browsing in private mode, maybe it will come up every time.

#4352 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Eula.pdf
Could be they set a cookie so each visitor only sees it once. Try browsing in private mode, maybe it will come up every time.

I’ve tried it on several different browsers and never seen it myself.

—Donnie

#4353 3 years ago

I'm working on Aerosmith and now some of videos are showing black screens instead of the imported video. Should I be saving/closing the firmware after each change?

#4354 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I'm working on Aerosmith and now some of videos are showing black screens instead of the imported video. Should I be saving/closing the firmware after each change?

I imported both videos using the app and one works while the other is a black screen. Is there a sweet spot for encoding that I should try instead of letting the app do it for me?

#4355 3 years ago

Anyone managed to open the latest IM code?

It looks like Stern may have increased their protection as it crashes v6, and then no sounds load in v7.

#4356 3 years ago

I'm trying to run a Macro from J_M_. on Metallica. I keep getting a pop-up box asking

"It is very unusual to define a palette for a non full-dmd frame...Continue anyway?" with Yes/No response.

I can get through a few hundred times of clicking this box...but I end up accidentally clicking on the 'Cancel' button or smashing my laptop.

It's a near impossible task...

Is there a way to avoid this message box? Or answer once and it remembers the answer? Or a way around? I'm patching the firmware per J.M.'s instructions so I can get smartdmd color on Pin2DMD.

Thanks.

#4357 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I imported both videos using the app and one works while the other is a black screen. Is there a sweet spot for encoding that I should try instead of letting the app do it for me?

This issue ended up being the process for flashing the SD card.

#4358 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyArcade:

I'm trying to run a Macro from J_M_. on Metallica. I keep getting a pop-up box asking
"It is very unusual to define a palette for a non full-dmd frame...Continue anyway?" with Yes/No response.
I can get through a few hundred times of clicking this box...but I end up accidentally clicking on the 'Cancel' button or smashing my laptop.
It's a near impossible task...
Is there a way to avoid this message box? Or answer once and it remembers the answer? Or a way around?

Unfortunately, there is no workaround.
This message has been here for a very long time (v4.36).
I'll modify this behaviour in the next version.

#4359 3 years ago

I'm using Pinball browser 7.63 and the deadpool pro 1.05 version won't load. There is always the error: Unknow firmware !

Any idea's ?

#4360 3 years ago
Quoted from Elganzo:

I'm using Pinball browser 7.63 and the deadpool pro 1.05 version won't load. There is always the error: Unknow firmware !
Any idea's ?

I've just checked and it works. Are you trying to load a .spk file ?
pb (resized).pngpb (resized).png

#4361 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I've just checked and it works. Are you trying to load a .spk file ?
[quoted image]

Yes like i always did, I download the version directly from sterns website, with pinball browser i browse to the download map and open it., I get the green loading bar and then after few min it gives me a error.

So this isn't working anymore so i will use the sd card

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from Elganzo:

Yes like i always did, I download the version directly from sterns website, with pinball browser i browse to the download map and open it., I get the green loading bar and then after few min it gives me a error.

You might want to use an image of the SD card instead. You'll find it here.
Spk file do not always contain what's required by Pinball Browser.
More information on this in the FAQ.

Quoted from thewool:

Anyone managed to open the latest IM code?
It looks like Stern may have increased their protection as it crashes v6, and then no sounds load in v7.

I don't think they did.
Depending on what has been added or modified, Pinball Browser cannot always open new firmwares.
But the current version of Pinball Browser (7.63) is already able to open IM 1.08 Pro (but not LE) :
pb (resized).pngpb (resized).png

#4363 3 years ago

Pinball Browser v7.70 is available !
santa (resized).pngsanta (resized).png

#4364 3 years ago

I want to download the software to remove and add a few songs to both my Tron and Ghostbusters Premium. What version of Pinbrowser domain need to download for these games and where would I go to download the correct version? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

#4365 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

[quoted image]

Me who thought I was bored tonight!

Thank you !!

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

[quoted image]

Should we upgrade even if using for a different pin/firmware version that is currently supported (JP 1.03)?

#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

[quoted image]

Hell yes

Fellas I've received a ton of requests for tmnt. It's coming this weekend if not sooner.

#4368 3 years ago

I've encountered a new oddity on Aerosmith. I made some changes to the "Dude" animations(Scene 166) and the look great in Pinball Browser, but show up as black boxes on the game. The resolutions and format are identical, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any ideas?

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

[quoted image]

good news is that I was able to inject everything into the new TMNT code.

Bad news is that my custom music is all "tiney" sounding - like the treble is missing. Anything left stock sounds perfectly fine. Never had this happen before - same music used in previous custom.

Any thoughts on correcting this?

#4370 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Bad news is that my custom music is all "tiney" sounding - like the treble is missing. Anything left stock sounds perfectly fine. Never had this happen before - same music used in previous custom.

Having the exact same problem.
Not sure if it is a volume problem or a balance problem.
I am using the same audio file that worked fine with previous versions, not making any volume modifications when importing.

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Having the exact same problem.
Not sure if it is a volume problem or a balance problem.
I am using the same audio file that worked fine with previous versions, not making any volume modifications when importing.

I think it’s a bug with the new FW.

#4372 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think it’s a bug with the new FW.

can you hear the difference in PB when it is imported or only when the game is played?

#4373 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

can you hear the difference in PB when it is imported or only when the game is played?

Only when the game is played. In PB it sounds fine

#4374 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Only when the game is played. In PB it sounds fine

a thanks, was only playing with PB and did not find any differences. But they would pop up if the changed sounds where played on machine.

#4375 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you give me the ids of a same sound script in both firmwares so that I can compare them ? (for a sound that has the problem. And also which firmware files you are using)
It's possible that the sound script attenuation has changed in the new firmware.

#4376 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Can you give me the ids of a same sound script in both firmwares so that I can compare them ? (for a sound that has the problem. And also which firmware files you are using)
It's possible that the sound script attenuation has changed in the new firmware.

Sent you a pm with info

#4377 3 years ago

working with oga83 on this but based on testing, it appears stern has put some check in to determine if a song was replaced and if so, the sound file that was injected is made to sound terrible. I tried exporting one of stern's own stock songs and when I imported the same stock song, put the custom code on SD card and tried to play it, the stock song now sounds terrible too....

#4378 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

working with oga83 on this but based on testing, it appears stern has put some check in to determine if a song was replaced and if so, the sound file that was injected is made to sound terrible. I tried exporting one of stern's own stock songs and when I imported the same stock song, put the custom code on SD card and tried to play it, the stock song now sounds terrible too....

Very interesting find, but damn that's too bad.

#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

based on testing, it appears stern has put some check in to determine if a song was replaced and if so, the sound file that was injected is made to sound terrible.

It's more likely a wrong encoding in Pinball Browser

#4380 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It's more likely a wrong encoding in Pinball Browser

Thank you Oga83 for all your work on this.

If is is an encoding issue, will there be a way to run the new version of pinball browser with the same raw file we updated? (just need to write to card) or will we have to individually re-import the audio files?

I have the same issue on IMDN 1.08 code.

thanks

#4381 3 years ago

I may have replaced a song and fx in IM 1.08 and it sounds fine.

#4382 3 years ago

I too had the same problem changing out some music in my AIQ. I ended up having to lower "all" of Stern's music tracks down -6 dB in Audacity and re-import them all into Pinball Browser, that was the only way I could get the new imported music to match Stern's levels.

#4383 3 years ago

Does anyone know the name of the main blue trophy background screen in Pinbroswer for AIQ? I can't seem to find it in the Videos tab in the tool.

I'm dying to change out this screen....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4384 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Does anyone know the name of the main blue trophy background screen in Pinbroswer for AIQ? I can't seem to find it in the Videos tab in the tool.
I'm dying to change out this screen....[quoted image]

I have the same intention once PB gets back in order. It’s absolutely terrible but I couldn’t find it either. daveyvandy found it though:

It is "Scene 67". Right-clicking a scene and pressing 'render all scenes' which exports them all as videos then open file explorer and change the view to 'large thumbnails. There are a lot of images in there that composite to make what you see.

#4385 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have the same intention once PB gets back in order. It’s absolutely terrible but I couldn’t find it either. daveyvandy found it though:
It is "Scene 67". Right-clicking a scene and pressing 'render all scenes' which exports them all as videos then open file explorer and change the view to 'large thumbnails. There are a lot of images in there that composite to make what you see.

To be clear, you don't have to render all scenes, it's just a shortcut to find what you're looking for if no one has named bookmarks yet
You can always double click a single scene to see what it looks like. Scenes are image composites though, not videos. So you may have a challenge replacing it!

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

You can always double click a single scene to see what it looks like. Scenes are image composites though, not videos. So you may have a challenge replacing it!

Agreed. Every time I try and replace an image on Aerosmith, it renders great in PB, but shows up as black/blank space on the game.

#4387 3 years ago

Sounds tab is missing with Stranger Things LE 1.02 SD card image on Pinball Browser 7.70:

ST1.02.pngST1.02.png

#4388 3 years ago

For any Pinball Browser users:
1. I am able to watch videos that export from Pinball Browser but cannot see any of them in the application. Any suggestions or best practice I am not following? Use Win .
2. For replacing a video of 4 seconds - can I go for a longer video and what is the impact, will I crash the package when I try to run it on the pinball machine? Anyone have any suggestions for that?
Thanks in advance!

#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

For any Pinball Browser users:
1. I am able to watch videos that export from Pinball Browser but cannot see any of them in the application. Any suggestions or best practice I am not following? Use Win .
2. For replacing a video of 4 seconds - can I go for a longer video and what is the impact, will I crash the package when I try to run it on the pinball machine? Anyone have any suggestions for that?
Thanks in advance!

As i understand if you import videos that are longer they either will be cut at the import or while playing. But i general it would be best practice to have video that is as long as the replaced video.

have you put ffmpeg in the same folder as pinball browser? this is needed to play videos.

#4390 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

As i understand if you import videos that are longer they either will be cut at the import or while playing. But i general it would be best practice to have video that is as long as the replaced video.
have you put ffmpeg in the same folder as pinball browser? this is needed to play videos.

Yes both ff programs are in the folder and I don't get the error message saying that I need them. I just can't see the videos in the browser.

#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Yes both ff programs are in the folder and I don't get the error message saying that I need them. I just can't see the videos in the browser.

thats very strange angain, some time ago user timlah79 seem to have similar problems, importing and playing video files was not working for him.
unfortunatly we were not able to fix his problems. He used another laptop and there it just worked.

We tried different stuff like redownloading ffmpeg.
Shorten the path to pinball browser.
start with administrative rights.

maybe you could try these fixes, or if you have the possibilities to try on another pc?

#4392 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

thats very strange angain, some time ago user timlah79 seem to have similar problems, importing and playing video files was not working for him.
unfortunatly we were not able to fix his problems. He used another laptop and there it just worked.
We tried different stuff like redownloading ffmpeg.
Shorten the path to pinball browser.
start with administrative rights.
maybe you could try these fixes, or if you have the possibilities to try on another pc?

Thanks, I will give those a try and see what happens.

#4393 3 years ago

Was it ever concluded that there was an error with the encoding / sound volumes? Some people mentioned the latest version resulted in really low volumes on all replaced sounds.

I am getting ready to purchase PB for use on my Deadpool and Ghostbusters. And perhaps even TMNT even though that is all 1 minute loops

But i would hate to buy the software only to find out i cannot use it for my machines

#4394 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Was it ever concluded that there was an error with the encoding / sound volumes? Some people mentioned the latest version resulted in really low volumes on all replaced sounds.

I've got mixed information about this.
You can try on your game with the free version for sounds that are shorter than 10s.

#4395 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

I am getting ready to purchase PB for use on my Deadpool and Ghostbusters. And perhaps even TMNT even though that is all 1 minute loops
But i would hate to buy the software only to find out i cannot use it for my machines

You pay easily 20K for 3 pinballs and than worry about eur 20 for the greatest software package ever existed for pinballs??

#4396 3 years ago

so I can confirm that new iron maiden code works perfectly fine with the new pinbrowser BUT the new TMNT has the sound issues. Very interesting results here........

#4397 3 years ago

Confirming changing pcs made the difference in getting the videos to play in the browser. Thank you everyone who helped.

#4398 3 years ago

I am a total noob here. I have downloaded the software and am exploring AIQ. There don't appear to be any macro's or bookmarks out there yet. Can someone confirm that?

#4399 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I am a total noob here. I have downloaded the software and am exploring AIQ. There don't appear to be any macro's or bookmarks out there yet. Can someone confirm that?

In Pinball Browser in Config -> Misc -> Get Bookmark statistics -> Get
you should see statistics for the games with bookmarks and how many are created.

If you don't see anything maybe you could create and see if they are created.
Macros i think you will only see if you go to load from repository.

#4400 3 years ago

Sounds tab is missing with Led Zeppelin LE 0.93 SD card image on Pinball Browser 7.70:

LZ0_93 (resized).pngLZ0_93 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
26,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toppers
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 78.50
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/88?hl=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.