1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 112.
#4301 3 years ago

Thanks for this info, I'll look into it

Just for clarity: I'm trying the macro from the repository on the same ROM as what the macro was designed for, hence why I'm rather puzzled (there are hundreds of memory out error, I can't believe the author intended it that way).

#4302 3 years ago

is the download link dead for anyone else?

#4304 3 years ago
Quoted from nateluke85:

is the download link dead for anyone else?

The link does not seem broken to me : https://tiny.cc/pinballbrowser7
Is anyone else having problems ?

This down-detector only checks domains, not specific URLs.
For example, it will report that https://tiny.cc/pinside is up, even if this URL does not exist.

#4305 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Is anyone else having problems ?

Works on my home verizon, my work verizon, my work comcast and my work's back up AT&T circuit.

#4306 3 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

One, I’d bet the number of Mac users among Pinball owners is significantly higher than that for socio-economic reasons. Two, even if it’s “just” 15%, how many other ways can you increase the sales of your software by 15% (or more)? These days I doubt it’s 15% more work to port to a UI that can handle both, and I can’t help but wonder if support issues aren’t going to just cancel out the folks who are having problems trying to run it under emulation/vm/whatever on a Mac now.
—Donnie

Nailed it 100%

#4308 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Fact Check: Apple computers make up less than 15% of market share, which is why many developers don’t write to the platform.

Fact check:

Apple market cap is 500 billion (billion with a "B" junior) higher than Microsoft's. I know a lot of you fanbois still think it's the 90's and you haven't adjusted to the new reality. The Mac's market share continues to grow, as Windows becomes the stagnant old man of tech. Ignoring that base is not wise. Having Macs in an enterprise environment, once relegated to marketing departments, is no longer an issue. Younger CEOs insist on using a Mac now. I watched this change within more than one large company of the last few years. If you had told me this 20 years ago, I would have laughed. The schools are even more predominately Apple than they even have been at any point in the past. Kids that grow up using iPads will buy Macs later in life. Nothing is going to save Windows at this point. They are too stuck in the traditional Wintel desktop model, which is slowly dying. Their future heavily rests on their cloud services, which are becoming less and less reliant on Windows. That does not bode well for the continued high market share of Windows.

Development tools aren't what they used to be in the 90's either. Cross platform development is relatively easy, especially with tools like Xojo, which can have one code base and spit out native binaries for Mac, Linux, and Windows.

To sum it up, it's not 1997 anymore, Virginia. It's more than fair for customers to ask about Mac native versions. They may not get it, but it's not absurd to ask.

#4309 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

It's more than fair for customers to ask about Mac native versions. They may not get it, but it's not absurd to ask.

It’s absurd to keep asking when you’ve been told no repeatedly from the only person in the entire known universe that currently works on the software.

Badgering the creator because you can isn’t acceptable behavior and you should stop.

#4310 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It’s absurd to keep asking when you’ve been told no repeatedly from the only person in the entire known universe that currently works on the software.
Badgering the creator because you can isn’t acceptable behavior and you should stop.

This x100. If enough people want a native apple version, find someone else to do it.

#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

This x100. If enough people want a native apple version, find someone else to do it.

Good lord chill out. Nobody is badgering Ollie. It’s asked occasionally, likely by people newer to the thread who haven’t read the entire thing and don’t know. Then people who aren’t Ollie have to chime in with how stupid it is to even ask and it starts an argument. If the answer was from Ollie and it was “sorry, not my jam” it would likely invoke an “oh well, maybe someday” or no response at all, but instead here we are.

—Donnie

#4312 3 years ago

I’ve only used Macs my entire life, and the program runs just fine using Crossover. I don’t have to look at any crappy Windows User Interface and all is good.

#4313 3 years ago

I love an old school Win v Mac pissing contest

#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Oh we never even got started down THAT road, pal! lol.

Seriously, it's fine. I think the biggest part of the problem is that we live in a world where all this exists in a never ending single thread. Some folks are all-in and been here since the beginning, and many people come and go. There's natural conflict between those two worlds. There's no real FAQ to point people to or anything because Ollie is so good about just answering almost everything right here.

There are plenty of good things about the never-ending-thread model, but there are some downsides, too. *shrug*

--Donnie

#4315 3 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

There are plenty of good things about the never-ending-thread model, but there are some downsides, too.

Key posts help sort it out. You can find them linked at the top of every page in every thread that has key posts.

If you see a post that should be a key post, ask. And key posts get outdated sometimes so mention it if you see one that isn’t relevant anymore.

#4316 3 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

One, I’d bet the number of Mac users among Pinball owners is significantly higher than that for socio-economic reasons. Two, even if it’s “just” 15%, how many other ways can you increase the sales of your software by 15% (or more)? These days I doubt it’s 15% more work to port to a UI that can handle both, and I can’t help but wonder if support issues aren’t going to just cancel out the folks who are having problems trying to run it under emulation/vm/whatever on a Mac now.
—Donnie

Solution (in most cases): Run Windows emulator on MAC (oddly enough, virtually nobody every wants/needs to run a Mac emulator on Windows).

#4317 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Coincidentally, I've never met a Microsoft/Windows fanboy, but rarely do I meet a Mac owner who isn't. I don't really understand the psychological devotion to a corporation/product, but I get the sense that it comes from either a feeling of elitism, living vicariously, or an inferiority complex (not sure which).

Quoted from Napoleon:

Fact check:
Apple market cap is 500 billion (billion with a "B" junior) higher than Microsoft's. I know a lot of you fanboys still think it's the 90's and you haven't adjusted to the new reality. The Mac's market share continues to grow, as Windows becomes the stagnant old man of tech. Ignoring that base is not wise. Having Macs in an enterprise environment, once relegated to marketing departments, is no longer an issue. Younger CEOs insist on using a Mac now. I watched this change within more than one large company of the last few years. If you had told me this 20 years ago, I would have laughed. The schools are even more predominately Apple than they even have been at any point in the past. Kids that grow up using iPads will buy Macs later in life. Nothing is going to save Windows at this point. They are too stuck in the traditional Wintel desktop model, which is slowly dying. Their future heavily rests on their cloud services, which are becoming less and less reliant on Windows. That does not bode well for the continued high market share of Windows.
Development tools aren't what they used to be in the 90's either. Cross platform development is relatively easy, especially with tools like Xojo, which can have one code base and spit out native binaries for Mac, Linux, and Windows.
To sum it up, it's not 1997 anymore, Virginia. It's more than fair for customers to ask about Mac native versions. They may not get it, but it's not absurd to ask.

Sorry, I was just going by the last 4 quarter's market share numbers (it may not be the 90's anymore, but it is still 2020). If you develop on mobile, then iOS is definitely the platform to do it on, albeit Android would have a good argument. Actually, in FY 2019 Apple's Mac sales only generated 9.8% of their total revenue.

Additionally, if you research desktop market share, Windows is 73.2% with OS X a distant second at 16.5% over the last 12 months. Bottom line is that Microsoft still dominates the professional business world outside of specific verticals.

To your cloud point, Microsoft is one of the leaders in that space. Besides their Azure platform having 19% market share (2nd behind AWS at 32%), Office 365 holds it's own with about 40% market share verses Google's 59%.

This isn't a conversation about which is better or blindly sticking Apple/Windows decals on everything you own. Rather, it's about the current state of reality in the desktop OS world (of course, mobile is a completely different conversation). Until this changes with a competitive OS or a future one to come, the dominate desktop development will continue to be on the Windows platform (just ask the various Linux flavors about that reality - they were supposed to take over the desktop market 15-20 years ago, if you recall). Cloud processing may take over the desktop one day in the future, but currently we are nowhere close to having equivalent performance using that technology versus local processing, mostly due to the bandwidth bottleneck.

BTW, glad to know you aspire to be a professional futurist (I actually know people in that business), but my advice would be to not make the career change just yet.

#4318 3 years ago

Help!
I paid to use Pinbrowser a while back and didn’t do much with it. Today I actually cropped some music and went to import and it told me to click on License and when I do and try to Register it says No License Found!

Am I doing something wrong?

#4319 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Help!
I paid to use Pinbrowser a while back and didn’t do much with it. Today I actually cropped some music and went to import and it told me to click on License and when I do and try to Register it says No License Found!

1- First of all, make sure you are using the version that corresponds to your license.
2- Otherwise, if you replaced your computer, PM me the token id from the License dialog box and I'll fix it for you.

#4320 3 years ago

Thanks oga!

1. I’ve only had one computer
2. I’ve only used one version
See attached token
3. I paid you on Aug 13th so maybe that will help you see what account I am.

Also, the email in the pic is now defunct - don’t know if that matters.

264056E7-078D-4D19-B0AF-138784AA80DE (resized).jpeg264056E7-078D-4D19-B0AF-138784AA80DE (resized).jpeg

B6373C39-6AB1-4BCA-8C0F-A7E5F3AA83D1 (resized).jpegB6373C39-6AB1-4BCA-8C0F-A7E5F3AA83D1 (resized).jpeg
#4321 3 years ago

Is PB free or a cost? Where do you find it? What else can you do with it other than massage high scores?

#4322 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Is PB free or a cost? Where do you find it? What else can you do with it other than massage high scores?

Go read the very first post in this thread.

—Donnie

#4323 3 years ago

Pixel8Arcade Please try again. That should be fixed.

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pixel8Arcade Please try again. That should be fixed.

Thanks for the hook up. PB accepted my license!

#4325 3 years ago

I'm trying to update the music for the first time on a stern kiss on code 1.41, and I'm getting an "unpack failed" error, once the update looks like it's about ready to finish. I've tried "quick", and "Full". Same result. Any suggestions? I saw on page 77 or so that someone said you shouldn't use the spk. Is this my issue. Do I need to use the full iso image and create a totally new as card? And are there any videos on this process using the full sd card image and not just the spk?

1 week later
#4326 3 years ago

Good morning,

I've been trying to use Pinball Browser to run colorization macros on a Star Trek ROM, and it's driving me crazy: even using the stock ROM for which the macro has been designed for (1.61), so no deviation from the original ROM used by the owner of the colorization, I get loads of "out of memory" error, to the point where I can't even finish the macros operation since I literally have hundreds of them, and I have to click on "Continue" every single time.

I can't imagine this is what the original developer of the mod intended. Anyone would have his contact information ?

#4327 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
I've been trying to use Pinball Browser to run colorization macros on a Star Trek ROM, and it's driving me crazy: even using the stock ROM for which the macro has been designed for (1.61), so no deviation from the original ROM used by the owner of the colorization, I get loads of "out of memory" error, to the point where I can't even finish the macros operation since I literally have hundreds of them, and I have to click on "Continue" every single time.
I can't imagine this is what the original developer of the mod intended. Anyone would have his contact information ?

he is right here in the thread

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

someone said you shouldn't use the spk. Is this my issue. Do I need to use the full iso image and create a totally new as card?

.spk files have been deprecated. It was sometime after v7.00.

as cards will not work in Stern machines. You’ll need an SD card.

#4329 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

He literally posted 3 posts above yours - oga83

#4330 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

He literally posted 3 posts above yours - oga83

I think he was asking about the developer of the ST colorization macros (Sharkky in the macro name).

Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,

Have you tried the "Extend Memory" function (Sam tab) ?

#4331 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I think he was asking about the developer of the ST colorization macros (Sharkky in the macro name).

Have you tried the "Extend Memory" function (Sam tab) ?

Ah good point, no I did not as I was not aware of this capability. Will try right away

(Edit) just tested, it does indeed allow to go further, but it still fails with an out of memory error later on

#4332 3 years ago

oga83 Stern's new release of Stanger Things 1.01 has broken the ability to open in PB again. I hate that they do this to you. Hope you will update soon, this game has to be close to done.....and I am done with Stern too. They can suck it, and sell less games due to no personal customization options.

#4333 3 years ago

Coult not open TMNT 1.4 "uknown firmware" but i guess it's what we expected
Too bad for all the trouble.

#4334 3 years ago

Does anybody know the latest Turtles Premium firmware that can be opened and edited? Just bought one, and as much as I love the gameplay, i really can't stand that music!

I was unable to find a key post with verified games and versions. Perhaps that would be s nice thing to have?

#4335 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Does anybody know the latest Turtles Premium firmware that can be opened and edited? Just bought one, and as much as I love the gameplay, i really can't stand that music!
I was unable to find a key post with verified games and versions. Perhaps that would be s nice thing to have?

See post directly above yours.

#4336 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

the last edibal version is 1.23 code
they changed the way they create their links, but this link seems to be still working:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_le-1_23_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip

the le code is also for premium.

#4337 3 years ago

Avengers Infinity Quest 0.95, Star Wars 1.10 and Iron Maiden 1.08 can't be opened with PB v7.63 either.

#4338 3 years ago

Damn - i was all set to update my code for TMNT and maybe do a little with avengers.....now it’s wait and see which will prob put me back into work crazy mode haha.

#4339 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

More
the last edibal version is 1.23 code
they changed the way they create their links, but this link seems to be still working:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_le-1_23_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip

Thank you very much. Running 1.23 now, so perhaps I should finally try giving PB a shot. Would just hate to pay for it, if i can't use it anyway. Damn you Stern!

#4340 3 years ago

Here we go. The new Stern Code Agreement.
Looks like they are really cracking down and we wont be able to connect any non Stern Code games to their internet update system.

LICENSE. Stern Pinball hereby grants You a nonexclusive, non-transferable, limited, and revocable right and license to use one copy of the Stern Pinball Software and Authorized Content and any Authorized Update solely for your personal use, or that of your patrons and customers if you are a commercial entity, for playing a single Stern Pinball Machine. The Stern Pinball Software, Authorized Content and Authorized Updates are licensed, not sold, to You, and no ownership rights are transferred by this Agreement. The Stern Pinball Software Authorized Content and Authorized Updates are protected by U.S. and international copyright. All rights not explicitly granted to you in this Agreement are reserved by Stern Pinball.
As a condition to this Stern Pinball Software license, You agree that:
You will not copy, reproduce, alter, replace, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, create derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Stern Pinball hardware or Stern Pinball Software or any Authorized Update, in whole or in part; and will not commercially exploit any of the foregoing.
You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software. Use of Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently and/or losing access to Stern Pinball’s online game network, either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.
You will not create, develop, distribute or assist anyone else in creating, developing or distributing any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software intended for use with a Stern Pinball Machine, whether to add to or modify the gameplay, any audio content (whether music, sound or voice), or any video content of any Stern Pinball Machine, or to gain advantage in any online or other game modes, or otherwise.
You will not share any Stern Pinball Software, Authorized Content or Authorized Update with any other person or company and will not permit anyone else to access or copy any Stern Pinball Software or Authorized Content or Authorized Update installed on your Machine for any purpose.
In view of the rights held by third-party owners of Authorized Content (e.g. music and video clips) You will not stream your gameplay of your Stern Pinball Machine without Stern Pinball’s prior consent.
You will not attempt to defeat or circumvent any anti-piracy, security, and/or technical measures to control access to the Stern Pinball Software, features, functions or content, prevent unauthorized use, or otherwise prevent anyone from exceeding the limited license rights granted under this Agreement, “Security Measures”. Attempting to defeat or circumvent any Security Measure may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.
Stern Pinball may update the Stern Pinball Software from time to time without further notice to You, for example, to update any anti-piracy, security, and technical measure.

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

In view of the rights held by third-party owners of Authorized Content (e.g. music and video clips) You will not stream your gameplay of your Stern Pinball Machine without Stern Pinball’s prior consent.

This is a big statement here, since I know folks like to stream gameplay and such. Huh.

#4342 3 years ago

can't say I'm surprised although when I downloaded the code this morning that EULA wasn't there! The only thing that surprises me is that this is taken them so long.

Not sure they will have much luck retrospectively applying this but for future games or features beyond the original game specification then we won't have much of a choice but to agree to it. It's a bit of shame really, the mod world in software has contributed billions to the video gaming industry.

#4343 3 years ago

and apparently we can't stream any more?!

#4344 3 years ago

when did this happen?
i downloaded tmnt today withouth the license agreement poping up. Now it is
Yes this seems to be regulating a lot and will have impact on streaming and i guess pinball browser too.
It will make everything so much complicated.

i hope they will rethink their agreement. But i guess this is the way it will go

#4345 3 years ago

IANAL, but based on what I do know about fair use doctrine I don't believe any of what that says is enforceable. They can't stop anyone from creating tools that edit their work, and they can't stop the end user from doing it for themselves. Sure, it's probably a bad idea to edit their work and then sell the machine to someone else without putting their code back in unedited form. And it's DEFINITELY not cool to edit their work and share your edits of their work with their work in it. Can you share a macro that edits their work but doesn't include any of their work? Yes, I believe that would fall under fair use, just like they can't and won't be able to stop Ollie from updating Pinball Browser and selling it.

This would be directly analogous to the music industry trying to say you can't create your own mixtape for your own use of music you legally purchased. *shrug*

--Donnie

#4346 3 years ago

I feel like Stern is putting this out to cover themselves from any liability,
If SoNy or any companies blames them of using music or video not included with the software.

But when you spend 6k to 10k for a machine and you can't Stream or take pictures without Sterns approval?
That will kill sales, and consumers will wake up.

Think... you buy a car from Honda and you can't take pictures, video or add anything to the car you paid for.
Unless you have proof from Honda that you can.

Sounds like Stern is going to start a plan for you to buy licenses to stream the machines that you paid for.

Just food for thought-

#4347 3 years ago

It’s also worth nothing this little gem in there:

“You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software.”

That, in and of itself, would preclude many, if not all, playfield mods. It definitely seems to preclude any playfield mods that play their own content or require their own software (so the Tron minicab, anything done with Pinduino, the TV for TZ, etc). If it were, indeed, enforceable. I dunno, the more I think about what they are trying to do here in both what they want as well as the potential unintended consequences, the more I don’t like it.

If I thought this was all CYA legalese then I wouldn’t much care, but they seem to be trying already to enforce these things, both by encrypting firmware as well as the part they added about how trying to use edited software may INTENTIONALLY brick your pinball machine. This looks to be the end of my willingness to buy a Stern pinball machine.

—Donnie

#4348 3 years ago

Testing today the EULA does not pop up anymore? did they remove it again?
maybe a testrun for the near future?

did download the turtles 1.41 spk and tried with sd-card images and different browsers. It did not pop up again.

#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Testing today the EULA does not pop up anymore? did they remove it again?
maybe a testrun for the near future?
did download the turtles 1.41 spk and tried with sd-card images and different browsers. It did not pop up again.

It is currently removed, yes. It doesn't even appear in downloaded firmware, README, or anything I could find. But it definitely *did* exist.

--Donnie

#4350 3 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

It is currently removed, yes. It doesn't even appear in downloaded firmware, README, or anything I could find. But it definitely *did* exist.
--Donnie

Yes thank you for the confirmation was not sure if it is now removed again. It apeared as strange as it vanished again.
in the Morning i downloaded a game version nothing, then in the afternoon i got an empty page, when i changed the browser the Eula Poped up.
Now today nothing again. So let's see were this journey is going for the future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,500 (Firm)
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/87?hl=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.