New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 50742)

Pinball-Browser : Customize your game !

By oga83

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,300 posts
  • 610 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by oga83
  • Topic is favorited by 716 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 408 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DP_E3 (resized).png
DP_Pro (resized).png
STH (resized).png
DP_Pro (resized).png
DP (resized).png
AIQ (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
8F226498-7489-4356-86E0-65BA0DD83362 (resized).jpeg
v7.61 (resized).png
1.05 (resized).png
1.04 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 4.32.01 PM (resized).png
pberror (resized).png
Download (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).png
bad (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4300 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 86.
#4251 17 days ago

oga, tried working with Deadpool LE 1.05 firmware and getting this error

pberror (resized).png
#4252 17 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

oga, tried working with Deadpool LE 1.05 firmware and getting this error[quoted image]

You have probably ignored the warning message when you opened that file saying that .spk files are now deprecated in Pinball Browser

#4253 16 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

My apologies for the delay.
Like many of you, we're dealing with COVID lockdowns and restricted movement, and there hasn't been as much time as I'd like to work on this lately.
That being said, I'm happy to announce release v7.60 !
It works with all the new firmwares :
- Elvira 1.01
- Avengers 0.93
- Deadpool 1.04
- Jurassik Park 1.03
- TMNT 1.23
- Stranger Things 0.99.1
I have only tested the Premium/LE versions but there is no reason that it shouldn't work with the Pro.
Just a warning : due to the lockdown, I did not have access to these games and could not verify that a modified firmware was working properly.
[quoted image]
I also re-introduced the firmware download feature which was broken :
[quoted image]
This new version can be downloaded here

oga83 First of all you are an amazing mad scientist! THANK YOU!

I have a question about the JP Video locations. 6 Videos have been added to 1.03 (they added 6 x videos for their new JukeBox Feature - i.e. JUKEBOX_LOOP1, JUKEBOX_LOOP2, ... all the way to LOOP6). This has shifted the 1.02 Video locations by 6 places in either direction (+6 or -6). Since there isn't a TranslateId feature for Videos can you please share the math needed to take a 1.02 location Macro to and convert it to 1.03?

EXAMPLE:

1.02 Location and Macro for ATTRACT_LOOP1:
1.02 = 0x4

Video,4,"[filepath]\ATTRACT_LOOP1-34TS-Video-0x0004.mp4",0,502,0

1.03 Location and Macro for ATTRACT_LOOP1:
1.03 = 0x141

Video,321,"[filepath]\ATTRACT_LOOP1-34TS-Video-0x0004.mp4",0,502,0

#4254 16 days ago

oga83 Thank you for your continued updates.
I've always been able to run Pinball Browser on my Mac using Crossover. I am getting this pop up when trying to run 7.6.
Is this something that can be fixed?

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 4.32.01 PM (resized).png
#4255 16 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

oga83 First of all you are an amazing mad scientist! THANK YOU!
I have a question about the JP Video locations. 6 Videos have been added to 1.03 (they added 6 x videos for their new JukeBox Feature - i.e. JUKEBOX_LOOP1, JUKEBOX_LOOP2, ... all the way to LOOP6. This has shifted the 1.02 Video locations by 6 places in either direction (+6 or -6). Since there isn't a TranslateId feature for Videos can you please share the math needed to take a 1.02 location Macro to and convert it to 1.03?
EXAMPLE:
1.02 Location and Macro for ATTRACT_LOOP1:
1.02 = 0x4
Video,4,"[filepath]\ATTRACT_LOOP1-34TS-Video-0x0004.mp4",0,502,0
1.03 Location and Macro for ATTRACT_LOOP1:
1.03 = 0x141
Video,321,"[filepath]\ATTRACT_LOOP1-34TS-Video-0x0004.mp4",0,502,0

I think I figured this out. I had to subtract 6 from each 1.02 location then my macros put all videos in the right spots. For those already < 6 i.e Video,4,xxxx I manually imported them where they should be. I will say that a Translate video locations feature is in order though given we/I got lucky here.

#4256 16 days ago

I have found some little bugs on version 7.60.

with DP 1.04, the longest tracks (the music tracks) are missing :

1.04 (resized).png
#4257 16 days ago

with DP 1.05, the "Sounds" tab isn't loading :

1.05 (resized).png
#4258 16 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

with DP 1.05, the "Sounds" tab isn't loading :
[quoted image]

I had the same problem with DP 1.05

#4259 14 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

with DP 1.04, the longest tracks (the music tracks) are missing :[quoted image]

Thanks, this has been fixed in v7.61
These sound scripts were not displayed because they are not part of a sound request.
You have to change the sort order to see them (as you did).

v7.61 (resized).png

#4260 14 days ago

I'm jumping in! Excited that you were able to get support for AIQ, so I'm ready to take the plunge and learn how to make it as awesome as my Cleland Guardians is.

#4261 14 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've always been able to run Pinball Browser on my Mac using Crossover. I am getting this pop up when trying to run 7.6.
Is this something that can be fixed?[quoted image]

Have you updated your Mac to Big Sur? It may require an update from Crossover.

#4262 13 days ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Have you updated your Mac to Big Sur? It may require an update from Crossover.

I'm way back on El Capitan because everything has been working perfectly for years, and I don't like change

I'll download the new trial of Crossover and see if that fixes it.

EDIT:
Thanks to oga83 and his amazing support, I was able to copy my old Pinball Browser.xml file from 7.56 to the new 7.61 directory and all is good.

#4263 7 days ago

Hey guys! I've been trying to replace 3 different audio tracks in my Avengers: Infinity Quest Premium! I've done this with before with my Star Wars Premium project (which I hope to be able to share once its done). Avengers is giving me trouble though. I've edited the 3 audio files I want to use to the exact length with Audacity (41s000ms). I did not increase the dB as the original audio would be in RED if I did so. Then I import everything into Pinball Browser.
Attempt 1: I left the Pinball Browser volume slider in the import sound window at 100; Effect: I could barely hear the new audio.
Attempt 2: I brought the volume slider up to 130; Effect: I still could hardly hear it.
Attempt 3: I brought the volume slider up to 250; Effect: The sound almost matches the Stern audio, but is now very crackly and distorted.

Does anyone know what might be going on? I edited the sounds the same as my SW and did not have this problem at all, and I only needed to increase its audio files to about 106 with the Pinball Browser volume slider. Any help would be much appreciated.

#4264 7 days ago

If you’re using Audacity, you should should run the compressor plug in on your samples (sometimes more than once) to maximize the volume. All of the Stern audio has no dynamic range, they max the shit out it....waveform looks like a brick. These are settings I use in Audacity.
8F226498-7489-4356-86E0-65BA0DD83362 (resized).jpeg

#4265 7 days ago

Thanks Cleland! I'll give it a shot.

#4266 7 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

If you’re using Audacity, you should should run the compressor plug in on your samples (sometimes more than once) to maximize the volume. All of the Stern audio has no dynamic range, they max the shit out it....waveform looks like a brick. These are settings I use in Audacity.
[quoted image]

cleland is absolutely right about how stock callouts are bricked to no end. For me when taking literally boom mic recorded, uncompressed, 1993 audio for JP, I had to go even more intense than this with many of the clips. If like usual the clip has a low b/g floor noise I use a noise reduction plug-in lightly. If I hear artifacts I undo this. I then normalize the wav once at -1db. I then use another vocal leveler plug-in 1-4 times depending on the needs of the clip. This essentially bricks the waveform to a manner that the game expects. Then if the callout in game still seems low I bump it via PB 105-120% all depending. This is also not an exact science and you can unexpectedly distort the sound. You also may benefit from EQing the callout before you go hammering it. As they say in audio production land, you can't polish a turd aka if your source audio sucks, you're likely going to run in circles and just end up creating a louder turd . You need to understand the frequency spectrum and noise floor of the file at first, but for quick and dirty the above is my general method. It sucks to have to "ruin" the dynamics of the file but to cleland's point, all stock callouts are just smashed to hell, already some are distorted, and they are recording voice actors in a vocal booth which are likely far more isolated than the clip you're using to replace. Compare the stock callout to the clip you plan on replacing it with. If things seem the same-ish frequency and level wise, your new wav should be good to go. Also make sure you're working at the correct sample rate. Movie audio is generally 48k. Not all Stern audio is, could be 44.1k so adjust your session accordingly. Otherwise you'll get more artifacts and odd faster/slower sounding exported wavs.

#4267 5 days ago

I have 7.6.1 and Deadpool 1.05 is still missing the sound tab

Capture (resized).JPG
#4268 5 days ago

No sounds tab with Avengers Infinity Quest LE game code an PB 7.61

AIQ (resized).png

#4269 5 days ago

But it's ok with DP LE 1.05

DP (resized).png
#4270 5 days ago

But not ok with DP Pro 1.05

DP_Pro (resized).png
#4271 5 days ago

The sounds tab is also missing with Stranger Things LE 1.00 game code

STH (resized).png
#4272 5 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

If it's not deliberated, this new version should be able to open future firmwares.
Stern makes great products and I can't imagine they have time to waste on blocking Pinball Browser.

Quoted from Peanuts:

The sounds tab is also missing with Stranger Things LE 1.00 game code

Now, you have the answer !
The issue is in PB this time.

#4273 5 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Now, you have the answer !

Thanks! The pro version of AIQ 0.94 is strangely OK with PB 7.61, if it can help you.

#4274 5 days ago

I cant seem to find the "match win" aka "get a free game sound" to replace. I don't know what the fuck Stern was thinking with the death of a rubber ducky sound but its terrible and makes my daughter cry (she's only 4 months old) it also startles anyone who hears it the first time.

I was just going to replace it with a fake knocker sound.

#4275 5 days ago

of you can turn off the sound if I recall in the settings on the pinball machine.

Quoted from Malenko:

I cant seem to find the "match win" aka "get a free game sound" to replace. I don't know what the fuck Stern was thinking with the death of a rubber ducky sound but its terrible and makes my daughter cry (she's only 4 months old) it also startles anyone who hears it the first time.
I was just going to replace it with a fake knocker sound.

#4276 5 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

of you can turn off the sound if I recall in the settings on the pinball machine.

I'd like a sound, just not that sound I bought PBB , mine as well use it, right?

#4277 4 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

No sounds tab with Avengers Infinity Quest LE game code an PB 7.61

Fixed in Pinball Browser v7.62
I can't check the other games today (my internet is broken).
Let me know whether you can open them with this version.

#4278 4 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Lightning fast dev! Thank a lot!

#4279 4 days ago

What are people doing for SPIKE games when the audio and corresponding video tracks are different lengths?

I'm working on my Aerosmith replacing the videos with the music videos and the lengths are all different. Does the audio track length take priority in the game?

#4280 4 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

All is OK with AIQ LE and STH LE. It's a perfect job.

#4281 4 days ago

The only game code that still doesn't have the Sounds tab with the version 7.62 is Deadpool Pro 1.05

DP_Pro (resized).png
#4282 4 days ago

I have found another little bug in version 7.62

If you open an sd card image, let's say Elvira House of Horrors 1.01 with Pinball Browser
Then you click on the video tab for processing all the videos
Then, without closing Pinball Browser, you load another sd card image, let's say Deadpool LE 1.05
Then you click on the video tab (processing doesn't seem to be triggered this time)
The video of Elvira House of Horrors are still there (the content of the others tabs seems correct):

DP_E3 (resized).png

#4283 4 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have found another little bug in version 7.62
If you open an sd card image, let's say Elvira House of Horrors 1.01 with Pinball Browser
Then, without closing Pinball Browser, you load another sd card image, let's say Deadpool LE 1.05
Then you click on the video tab (processing doesn't seem to be triggered this time)
The video of Elvira House of Horrors are still there (the content of the others tabs seems correct):
[quoted image]

I've noticed this too with earlier 7.61. I always close PB entirely before opening another image to avoid this issue and possible errors that may brick the code. Videos are very sensitive for some reason. Also ffmpeg seems to only run well with one version open. While yes this is probably a minor bug, It's good practice to close and reopen PB, working on one file at a time.

#4284 4 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Also ffmpeg seems to only run well with one version open

You can use several instances at the same time, however, when you hit "Play", the video that will be displayed is the last one that was converted (in any instance).
Unfortunately, this is not a quick fix.
As a workaround, you can move to the next video, back to the previous one, and click on "Play".
This is just a display issue. There is no risk of corrupting a firmware with this.

Quoted from Peanuts:

As a workaround, you could have used the "Search and bookmark videos from Scenes" in the dropdown menu (no need to restart Pinball Browser).
Fixed in Pinball Browser v7.63

Quoted from Peanuts:

The only game code that still doesn't have the Sounds tab with the version 7.62 is Deadpool Pro 1.05

#4285 4 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

You can use several instances at the same time, however, when you hit "Play", the video that will be displayed is the last one that was converted (in any instance).
Unfortunately, this is not a quick fix.
As a workaround, you can move to the next video, back to the previous one, and click on "Play".
This is just a display issue. There is no risk of corrupting a firmware with this.

As a workaround, you could have used the "Search and bookmark videos from Scenes" in the dropdown menu (no need to restart Pinball Browser).

Really fast delivery! Thanks for us.

#4286 2 days ago

oga83 I have been working with your pinball browser program a lot lately (incredible work) and thought of an idea I wanted to share with you, maybe for a future update. I recently found out that I can't seem to get the audio I'm trying to replace loud enough to match the game stock audio. So I thought of this idea, would it be possible for you to add an option one day to lower "all audio at once" (sfx, callouts, music) in the sounds tab similar to when you go to import audio clips and just be able to move the tab to adjust the audio levels. If this is possible my thought is that us modder's would be able to lower the stock stern audio (sfx, callouts, music) to "our levels" and more easily be able to import audio replacements without the trouble of trying to mach Sterns outrageous sound levels. We could then just turn the audio up on our pins and have everything level. Thanks again for your work on PB I just wanted to share this idea I had!

#4287 2 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

+1, please consider making PB Mac friendly. Not sure why some software continues to be only windows centric, when Apple is the biggest computer company in the world and used by more and more people.

Fact Check: Apple computers make up less than 15% of market share, which is why many developers don’t write to the platform.

#4288 2 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Fact Check: Apple computers make up less than 15% of market share, which is why many developers don’t write to the platform.

One, I’d bet the number of Mac users among Pinball owners is significantly higher than that for socio-economic reasons. Two, even if it’s “just” 15%, how many other ways can you increase the sales of your software by 15% (or more)? These days I doubt it’s 15% more work to port to a UI that can handle both, and I can’t help but wonder if support issues aren’t going to just cancel out the folks who are having problems trying to run it under emulation/vm/whatever on a Mac now.

—Donnie

#4289 2 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

Is this something that can be fixed?[quoted image]

Hey Cleland, did you ever get this figured out? im trying to run it on Big Sur as well, all though it is my first time I am struggling to run it on crossover. PM me if you can help me out.

thanks

#4290 1 day ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

15% more work to port to a UI that can handle both

As a devleoper, I know for a fact it's a LOT more than just "port a UI".

#4291 1 day ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

+1, please consider making PB Mac friendly. Not sure why some software continues to be only windows centric, when Apple is the biggest computer company in the world and used by more and more people.

The main issue is that I don't have a mac and I've never developped anything on that platform.

Quoted from Coyote:

As a devleoper, I know for a fact it's a LOT more than "just port a UI".

Agreed !

#4292 1 day ago

Hey guys! I'm still not having any luck changing out some of the music music in my AIQ (Iron Man MB, Thor MB, Soul Gem Mode). I have tried some things that other Pinsider's have recommend but the music replacements are still just too low sounding. I did this no problem with my Stern Star Wars and only had to bump the PB audio slider to about 106. The only way the music replacements are loud enough with AIQ is at 199 which I heard is not good for the games speakers. I have tried normalizing and compressing x4 the music. Anyone have any more ideas or know why it worked with Star Wars but not AIQ?

#4293 1 day ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As a devleoper, I know for a fact it's a LOT more than "just port a UI".

I didn’t mean to imply it was an easy task. And note that *you* added the “just”, not me. Once ported you could probably then port to Linux as well fairly easily, though.

I will say this: porting it in a mediocre way will make it worse on all platforms. Porting it *well* will make it better on all platforms. As a developer, learning how to target multiple platforms will make you a better developer, too. So there are benefits to the extra work, but sure, it isn’t trivial nor even easy.

—Donnie

#4294 1 day ago

Hi,

i still work on a Soundmod for the AIQ and have no problems with low sounding, all works fine. Here is my Iron Man Multiball Sound.

#4295 1 day ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

I didn’t mean to imply it was an easy task. And note that *you* added the “just”, not me. Once ported you could probably then port to Linux as well fairly easily, though.
I will say this: porting it in a mediocre way will make it worse on all platforms. Porting it *well* will make it better on all platforms. As a developer, learning how to target multiple platforms will make you a better developer, too. So there are benefits to the extra work, but sure, it isn’t trivial nor even easy.
—Donnie

This is a pipe dream. I've been a software dev for 25 years writing code on many platforms. There is not one magic framework that works on all without major compromises. Regardless, what you are asking for is most likely complete rewrite in a new framework. For software like this supporting and maintaining multiple platforms makes no sense especially when there are ways to run it using os tools. The initial investment by the dev to just get up and running on mac development is thousands of dollars on top of the time to learn new platforms.

#4296 1 day ago

I recently reset my PC and went to register Pinball Browser again, and it's claiming there's no license found. I have the XML file with my license key pasted in the new folder, however it doesn't seem to be registering.

I'm attempting to e-mail the creator via the E-mail link on the bottom right of the application, but it's just opening a blank browser window.

Do I need a new token for the reset PC? If so, does anyone know the support e-mail address?

Thanks!

#4297 1 day ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I recently reset my PC and went to register Pinball Browser again, and it's claiming there's no license found. I have the XML file with my license key pasted in the new folder, however it doesn't seem to be registering.
I'm attempting to e-mail the creator via the E-mail link on the bottom right of the application, but it's just opening a blank browser window.
Do I need a new token for the reset PC? If so, does anyone know the support e-mail address?
Thanks!

you can pm oga83 here in pinside. he will help you for sure. When you install the pc fresh you will need a new license. There is a certain unique id genertated for a pc. Normaly you get a fast response.

#4298 1 day ago
Quoted from Spider:

Hi,
i still work on a Soundmod for the AIQ and have no problems with low sounding, all works fine. Here is my Iron Man Multiball Sound.

Spider What changes did you make in Audacity or Pinball Browser? Your audio sounds just fine but I cannot get mine to.

#4299 4 hours ago

I naively attempted to use Star Trek 1.61 colorization macro on a Star Trek Premium ROM.

As it turns out, the macros seem locked to a specific ROM version, and generate error if used on the wrong ROM. Even when using the correct ROM (just for testing, I don't own a Pro anyway), I get memory errors at a later time

So, a few questions:
- Am I right in my understanding that any rom change (even upgrading to newer code, but same model) would require a manual update of all the macros ?
- If the only reason memory offset of DMD frames locations ? I did a little bit of poking, it would appear than on STPRO1.61 the first meaningful DMD frame is 0x5AD (Stern logo), and on STPRO1.62 it is 0x5B4. A quick spot check on a few frames indicate that there is a fixed offset. A logical workaround (provided there is no added DMD frames or other ordering change) would be to add the capability for DMD colorization macro to provide an offset (in this case, 33 in hex), is this possible ?

[EDIT] and I checked, looks like it's only a few added frames between the two DMD sequences, 7 to be more precise, at least on the same model (ie comparing Pro 1.61 vs Pro 1.62).
[EDIT2] and I compared STPRO1.61 and STLE1.62, there is a 9 DMD frame delta, and it's constant (ie all added frames are prior to the first Stern pinball logo, ie 0x5AD on the Pro 1.61).

It would be nice to have a way to identify all DMD differences, 0x5AD is 1453 frames, not fun to go through all of them just to identify the differences, is there a "DMD frame compare" option ?

Also, I'm getting "not enough memory error" in some macros even when running the macro on the appropriate ROM (for example "EditImage,0x8FC"). Reading through various forum posts this seems to be tied to the amount of ROM memory, but in that case, why would the macro still be in the macro file ? Anyone has managed to get a full run of the macros on a STPRO1.61 ?

Regards

#4300 2 hours ago

ashram56
Yes, macros need to be updated when a new version is released.
The ShiftId macro is probably what you are looking for. See here and here.
You can use the "compare firmware" function. It can help generating the ShiftId macros. See here and here.
You are probably experiencing memory issues because the macros you are trying to use were not designed for this firmware. The available memory is very game/version/firmware dependant.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 4300 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside