1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 112.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Since I tend to use multiple PCs at multiple locations, is it possible to bind PB key to a VMWare virtual machine (which hopefully does not reset the UUID at every copy) ? Or does this fall into the realm of "not allowed by PB licence" ?

Pinball Browser's license is meant to work on a single computer.

Quoted from Ashram56:

On another note, does the communication patch send additionnal data besides what Pinball browser uses ? Specifically game information like game mode, etc. Based on the work done by flynnsbit on his Tron Mod I would tend to think yes ?
Looking to build a simple unit to test the concept of driving external HW (lamps, etc) using a modified SAM firmware

Yes, the communication patch can provide information like game mode, states, ...
Unfortunately, as each new firmware is now trying to block Pinball Browser from working, I'm sorry I can't open this api to new projects.

Quoted from delt31:

assuming no update for this to work on the new tmnt code right?

Not yet. I'm still working on it.
TMNT (resized).pngTMNT (resized).png

#4202 3 years ago

To clarify, I don't intend to run PB on more than a single computer.

However I do find inconvenient to bind the licence to a specific HW. All modern SW have some kind of floating licence which allows the licence to be transferred.

My notebook is more than 4 years old, and while it's working fine for now, chances are that it won't last much longer (this is my office laptop, and it's being carried all over the place). From what I understand, should my notebook fail, I would have to buy a new licence for my new computer, is this correct?

Regards

#4203 3 years ago

Is there ever going to be a version of PB that works on a MAC without having to dick around with all the BS ancillary software like crossover etc..?

I’ve never been able to get mine working right.

#4204 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

To clarify, I don't intend to run PB on more than a single computer.
However I do find inconvenient to bind the licence to a specific HW. All modern SW have some kind of floating licence which allows the licence to be transferred.
My notebook is more than 4 years old, and while it's working fine for now, chances are that it won't last much longer (this is my office laptop, and it's being carried all over the place). From what I understand, should my notebook fail, I would have to buy a new licence for my new computer, is this correct?
Regards

I believe I’ve switched computers for PB Browser in the past and just reached out to oga83 and gotten a new license key... I assume the old one was just deactivated.

#4205 3 years ago

Sidenote, I'm trying to see what is available in the repository, I assume the capability to load is locked, but is there a directory somewhere ? When I try to load a macro the list is completely empty

I'm specifically looking to see if there are colorizations available for Star Trek Premium and Tron Legacy Pro

Thanks and regards

#4206 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there ever going to be a version of PB that works on a MAC without having to dick around with all the BS ancillary software like crossover etc..?

Probably not. I will point out that VMWARE Fusion 12 is now free! Grab it and get a copy of Windows from a buddy and you'll be in business.

#4207 3 years ago

Hi everybody, I'll try mod some thing on my Star Wars Pin and for some scenes I get this error ("System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set)" when trying to render the scene. I'm using the raw Image 1.0.5 and Parallels Desktop on the Mac. I'm posting an image of the error. Thanks for your help.

error.jpgerror.jpg
#4208 3 years ago
Quoted from CosmoG:

Hi everybody, I'll try mod some thing on my Star Wars Pin and for some scenes I get this error ("System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set)" when trying to render the scene.

Do you have the same error for all scenes, or just a specific one ?

#4209 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Do you have the same error for all scenes, or just a specific one ?

No, just for a few ones. Like Scene 1 which seems to be the StarWars-Logo.

#4210 3 years ago

I hate that you keep having to play this game with Stern oga83 but the latest Stranger Things .99.1 won't open in PB.

At least they are almost done with that code and I'll be satisfied with Stranger Things and GOTG.

#4211 3 years ago

yes, unfortunately it doesn't work and AIQ doesn't work either, would have loved to add the original movie sound

#4212 3 years ago

I am having an issue with opening and saving any of the recent AC/DC ROMs with this version of PB. The ROM opens just fine in PB but if I don't make any changes and just hit save, then re-zip, VPinmame errors on table start saying the file is corrupt (ROM terminated before initialized message). Am I missing something obvious on opening the latest Stern ROMs?

Disregard: Fixed it. Was a silly naming convention issue, duh.

Error (resized).pngError (resized).png
#4213 3 years ago

When replacing a sound I notice that the other tracks, or fragments, are automatically updated with the new audio. But is it possible to then replace an individual fragment without it in turn updating the other fragments? Just trying to understand how this works. Cheers.

#4214 3 years ago

oga83 FYI, JP v.1.03 won't open. It just sits on "Processing....". Any luck on surpassing the same/similar blockers with other game codes? Feel free to PM me if I can help overcome this new hurdle.

#4215 3 years ago

Hi - I am trying to find all the macros for the AC/DC table. When I click on the macros button after loading the ROM then select Load from Repository, only one macro is listed. Are there any more?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

oga83 FYI, JP v.1.03 won't open. It just sits on "Processing....". Any luck on surpassing the same/similar blockers with other game codes? Feel free to PM me if I can help overcome this new hurdle.

Having the same issue

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thanks.
Unfortunately, the encoding has changed again and Pinball Browser can't open the latest firmwares.

#4218 3 years ago

Is there a way to pay for 1 license for 2 machines? I frequently work from 2 machines (home and at the office) and I have no way to move 1 machine back and forth (both are desktops)

#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Is there a way to pay for 1 license for 2 machines? I frequently work from 2 machines (home and at the office) and I have no way to move 1 machine back and forth (both are desktops)

Currently, you have to email Ollie. He's super responsive, I have to do this occasionally, and he usually responds within an hour or two.

#4220 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks.
Unfortunately, the encoding has changed again and Pinball Browser can't open the latest firmwares.

Are you considering future support of this new binary format? I would assume a number of games from now forward would be using similiar image formats. Any plans to look into this kind of support now or anytime?

#4221 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks.

I assume you're working on this though, oga83 ? Please PM me if I can help.

#4222 3 years ago

That would be great to have some Stern prog like Xaqery help on this new format.
They know that mod like that bring new sells

#4223 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

That would be great to have some Stern prog like xaqery help on this new format.
They know that mod like that bring new sells

They literally don’t care. They actually want us to stop modifying their firmware’s. That’s why they try so hard changing their encryption.

#4224 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

They literally don’t care.

Their licensors haven’t granted permission for all the modifications possible so if Stern wants to continue to work with licenses they’re obligated to take steps to prevent it.

#4225 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Their licensors haven’t granted permission for all the modifications possible so if Stern wants to continue to work with licenses they’re obligated to take steps to prevent it.

This has been floated as a reason, but I’m not 100% sure this is the reason until someone from Stern says so. Then I’ll be about 20% sure. Otherwise it’s a theory someone posted and enough people apparently thought plausible enough that it’s turned into some kind of gospel.

—Donnie

#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I assume you're working on this though, oga83 ?

Yes, but so far no luck.
My entropy analyser no longer works with the new firmwares.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Not sure about this.
Pinball Browser has been here, and publicly known, for more than 7 years.
They have accepted it for all this time and now, out of the blue, they are trying to block it ?
Yet, they have been working with licenses all this time...

#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

They have accepted it for all this time and now, out of the blue, they are trying to block it ?

It only takes one licensor to mention it to Stern. I don’t think it’s coincidental that new games have large video screens capable of utilizing more licensed IP. There is more to protect now. Couple that with some users selling alternate video and sound packages.

Have you asked Stern what it would take to work with them? Maybe if PB was a $8499.00 piece of software and Stern got a huge cut of that they would be more interested in collaborating.

#4228 3 years ago

What will happen when stern gets round to having the firmware update by downloading it via network. At this point they wont need to upload the files to there site and may store it in some dedicated eMMC memory (not sd card) people cant access. Would that be the end of editing the firmware?

#4229 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes, but so far no luck.
My entropy analyser no longer works with the new firmwares.

Not sure about this.
Pinball Browser has been here, and publicly known, for more than 7 years.
Yet, they have been working with licenses all this time...

Perhaps someone called them on it. Or it's part of a specifically named legal agreement with some big licensor. Either way, it sucks.

#4230 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

+1, please consider making PB Mac friendly. Not sure why some software continues to be only windows centric, when Apple is the biggest computer company in the world and used by more and more people.

#4231 3 years ago

Had some chat yesterday with some stern programmers.
Not sure if it's a totally deliberated move but they won't help to solve that, for ip reason.
So pinball browser won't be able to mod any new stern code starting from now, except if we (mostly our beloved @oga83) find a way to get access to files again..

#4232 3 years ago

Is there no copy/paste function?

I colored this Phoenix frame
feeeenix1 (resized).pngfeeeenix1 (resized).png

and the 4 frames after it are exactly the same except for the belt and phoenix in the background. I wanted to just copy the body from the neck down then paste it on the next one. coloring the hair and belt and bird would take 3 seconds.

Since I cant copy paste a section I thought maybe I could export the frame, do the work in photoshop, then import. But import/export puts everything in grey scale.
greynix (resized).pnggreynix (resized).png

Im not even sure if this is gonna work because of the warning that pops up when applying a palette and the fact the frame isnt 128x32 but the copy/pasta issue remains. It would be a HUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE time save with a lot of animations where someone in a static pose flies by a background (like Rogue) or a static image with an overlay, like Omega Red.

Other issue, Im running out of free memory just by applying palettes to frames (no dot changing)
good (resized).pnggood (resized).png

get like 15 done then BAM!
bad (resized).pngbad (resized).png

is there a way to free up space? I have a metric fuck ton left to color still.

#4233 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

+1, please consider making PB Mac friendly. Not sure why some software continues to be only windows centric, when Apple is the biggest computer company in the world and used by more and more people.

I don't understand this issue. I have a Mac Mini that I've set up as dual boot with a small Windows partition for when I need Windows. Much better than VM or any other 'emulation'. It actually runs the real windows software...

I do get the whole 'Apple fanboy' thing but it represents a minuscule portion of the PC world when you look at the big picture. Windows is currently much more universal. I'd even argue that linux is probably more widespread than MacOS.

#4234 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I don't understand this issue. I have a Mac Mini that I've set up as dual boot with a small Windows partition for when I need Windows. Much better than VM or any other 'emulation'. It actually runs the real windows software...
I do get the whole 'Apple fanboy' thing but it represents a minuscule portion of the PC world when you look at the big picture. Windows is currently much more universal. I'd even argue that linux is probably more widespread than MacOS.

I know this discussion could become quite emotional, but the Windows compatible machine installed base dwarfs anything else in the consumer world. Right or wrong, all other operating systems pale when compared to machines with keyboards that consumers touch. That said, the amount of work required for an application developer to support a new platform is huge, so not surprising that Windows is the first (and many times ONLY) platform to be supported by utilities like PB. As previously mentioned, there are at least a few ways to run Windows on a mac, so working around the lack of native support for MacOS is relatively easy.

#4235 3 years ago

PB 7.56. Can it not be used for new Deadpool code? Stern totally ruined one of my favorite modes (disco multiball) and was hoping to fix it in PB, but it seems it can’t open the code?

EDIT: did some reading, looks like I need an SD-Card for spike games. Does anyone know if there’s a specific kind or size I need to buy? Thanks.

#4236 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

PB 7.56. Can it not be used for new Deadpool code? Stern totally ruined one of my favorite modes (disco multiball) and was hoping to fix it in PB, but it seems it can’t open the code?
EDIT: did some reading, looks like I need an SD-Card for spike games. Does anyone know if there’s a specific kind or size I need to buy? Thanks.

AS mentioned, you cant edit new stern code as they blocked it, hopefully PB author can find a work around so I can update DP firmware.

#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

nope, and this is why I stopped attempting to color x-men over 3 years ago. here's my repost from about 3 months ago of some of the things that I accomplished
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/82#post-5814083

#4238 3 years ago

Commenting so I can follow along, hoping that the new format can be figured out.

#4239 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Is there no copy/paste function?
I colored this Phoenix frame
[quoted image]
and the 4 frames after it are exactly the same except for the belt and phoenix in the background. I wanted to just copy the body from the neck down then paste it on the next one. coloring the hair and belt and bird would take 3 seconds.
Since I cant copy paste a section I thought maybe I could export the frame, do the work in photoshop, then import. But import/export puts everything in grey scale.
[quoted image]
Im not even sure if this is gonna work because of the warning that pops up when applying a palette and the fact the frame isnt 128x32 but the copy/pasta issue remains. It would be a HUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE time save with a lot of animations where someone in a static pose flies by a background (like Rogue) or a static image with an overlay, like Omega Red.
Other issue, Im running out of free memory just by applying palettes to frames (no dot changing)
[quoted image]
get like 15 done then BAM!
[quoted image]

Is that error referring to RAM or some sort of temp space used on the SDCard?

#4240 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is that error referring to RAM or some sort of temp space used on the SDCard?

I don't know exactly what its choking on, but has nothing to do with an SD card. PBB and the bin are on the same 1TB SSD with nothing else on it and there's plenty of free RAM on the PC. I am assuming theres no space left in the bin, meaning there's too much data to flash onto the actual pin.

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I don't know exactly what its choking on, but has nothing to do with an SD card. PBB and the bin are on the same 1TB SSD with nothing else on it and there's plenty of free RAM on the PC. I am assuming theres no space left in the bin, meaning there's too much data to flash onto the actual pin.

it will be a issue with how much space is left in the bin file? as the machine will just read this from the sd/usb and dump into local flash on the machine cpu which has limited flash / ram space. I think this is where your limit is. (just guessing though)

#4242 3 years ago

Yes, its a rom memory issue (nothing to do with the pc or sdcard). it doesn;t seem like all colored frames will fit in the rom space, you'll run out fast.

lucky1 had some advice on maybe using another tool to get around the size limit. Other people have failed at coloring SAM titles for the same reason. (post 4076)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/82#post-5816778

Quoted from Malenko:

#4243 3 years ago

My apologies for the delay.
Like many of you, we're dealing with COVID lockdowns and restricted movement, and there hasn't been as much time as I'd like to work on this lately.

That being said, I'm happy to announce release v7.60 !

It works with all the new firmwares :
- Elvira 1.01
- Avengers 0.93
- Deadpool 1.05
- Jurassik Park 1.03
- TMNT 1.23
- Stranger Things 0.99.1

I have only tested the Premium/LE versions but there is no reason that it shouldn't work with the Pro.
Just a warning : due to the lockdown, I did not have access to these games and could not verify that a modified firmware was working properly.

Deadpool (resized).pngDeadpool (resized).png

I also re-introduced the firmware download feature which was broken :

Download (resized).pngDownload (resized).png

This new version can be downloaded here

#4244 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Had some chat yesterday with some stern programmers.
Not sure if it's a totally deliberated move but they won't help to solve that, for ip reason.

If it's not deliberated, this new version should be able to open future firmwares.
Stern makes great products and I can't imagine they have time to waste on blocking Pinball Browser.

#4245 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Like many of you, we're dealing with COVID lockdowns and restricted movement, and there hasn't been as much time as I'd like to work on this lately.
- Elvira 1.01
- Avengers 0.93
- Deadpool 1.04
- Jurassik Park 1.03
- TMNT 1.23
- Stranger Things 0.99.1
I have only tested the Premium/LE versions but there is no reason that it shouldn't work with the Pro.
Just a warning : due to the lockdown, I did not have access to these games and could not verify that a modified firmware was working properly.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome!

#4246 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

- Elvira 1.01
- Avengers 0.93
- Deadpool 1.04
- Jurassik Park 1.03
- TMNT 1.23
- Stranger Things 0.99.1
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Marvellous!

#4247 3 years ago

You rock !!

#4248 3 years ago

So 1-0 for Pinball Browser again

#4249 3 years ago

delt31

So does this mean given enough time we can get your custom mix for Tmnt and the 1987 code working again?!? Just got my game and I’m loving it

#4250 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

delt31
So does this mean given enough time we can get your custom mix for Tmnt and the 1987 code working again?!? Just got my game and I’m loving it

Likely not very soon as this weekend and the following week are really busy but eventually.

Easy to check these boards - not so much on actually updating the code. haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frostproof, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.