• 4,164 posts
  • 593 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 693 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 385 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

test_alpha_2r (resized).png
test_alpha_2 (resized).png
test_alpha_1r (resized).png
test_alpha_1 (resized).png
bad (resized).png
good (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
dotnet (resized).PNG
2020-09-11_20-41-59 (resized).png
Pb2 (resized).png
Pb1 (resized).png
FFmpeg4 (resized).png
FFmpeg3 (resized).png
FFmpeg1 (resized).png
2020-09-01_15-26-28 (resized).png
2020-09-01_10-57-11 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4164 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 84.
#4151 4 days ago

After not using this software for a few months and coming back to see that v7.50 added A SCENE EDITOR!!!! This is almost perfect besides one small issue I am having with importing an Image. The quality seems to drop immensely and I am not sure why. Here is how to recreate my issue:
1. Export an image from any scene
2. Import image without touching it (to remove any variables)
2a. Previewing the image looks fine at this point
3. Restart pinball browser
4. Reopen the image to see that the image is now lower quality
I'm assuming that this only affects transparent pixels, but I could be wrong.
Anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
good (resized).png

bad (resized).png

#4153 3 days ago

This! Let it run overnight! Though I personally doubt it's the issue.

#4154 3 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thank you ALL oga83 cabal coyote benetnath ! I broke down and just bought a new laptop ... I couldn't take the troubleshooting any longer since it seemed there'd be no resolution. The new laptop has Windows 10 Professional, i7 Core Intel, and .NET Framework 4.7 Advanced installed. It works with both playback and import of videos in PB, yet my other PC doesn't. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma....
It's just so odd b/c on the problem PC my .NET Framework 4.8, processor, everything fits the bill as per what you all have said. It's not a file path length issue, corrupt FFmpeg, nor corrupt firmware either. I've ruled all of that out (as noted in previous posts). I have had no other issues like this with any other app/program on that PC either. It's a high performance gaming tower for all things video and audio. Perhaps wiping it's Windows 10 Home OS and HDD altogether would fix all of this but that's not a procedure I want to go through and I still feel like there is some other conflict that wouldn't resolve. You would think somewhere in some logging utility I'd see what the heck is going on but it all looks good from what I've tried.
coyote How do I test RAM stability? I'm willing to try that as one last hope.
Anyway if you guys come to an epiphany within the next 30 days, I could return this laptop and you'd save me $1.2k!! For now I need to get back to being creative instead of spending hours into insanity trying to fix this stupid PC.

If you want to save the money, you can always try formatting and reinstalling your OS. But then again, time is money.

#4155 3 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

How do I test RAM stability? I'm willing to try that as one last hope.

either a software https://www.techpowerup.com/memtest64/
or try to find other ram to swap them

#4156 3 days ago
Quoted from Kisco:

After not using this software for a few months and coming back to see that v7.50 added A SCENE EDITOR!!!! This is almost perfect besides one small issue I am having with importing an Image. The quality seems to drop immensely and I am not sure why. Here is how to recreate my issue:
1. Export an image from any scene
2. Import image without touching it (to remove any variables)
2a. Previewing the image looks fine at this point
3. Restart pinball browser
4. Reopen the image to see that the image is now lower quality
I'm assuming that this only affects transparent pixels, but I could be wrong.
Anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The images stored in the firmware are compressed with a lossy compression algorithm.
This algorithm is very efficient and fast but the drawback is that you lose information each time you compress an image.
That's why you get these artifacts when you export and reimport the same image.
You don't need to restart Pinball Browser to see that : collapse your scene tree and expand it again. It will refresh the image cache.

#4157 3 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

The images stored in the firmware are compressed with a lossy compression algorithm.
This algorithm is very efficient and fast but the drawback is that you lose information each time you compress an image.
That's why you get these artifacts when you export and reimport the same image.
You don't need to restart Pinball Browser to see that : collapse your scene tree and expand it again. It will refresh the image cache.

I'm still a little confused, because when I try with a newly created image I get the same results. The example images go as follows:

1. Original with extracted alpha channel of the test image with black being transparency
2. A render of the scene before cache update
3. Exported with extracted alpha channel of the test image with black being transparency
4. A render of the scene after cache update

1. Original with extracted alpha channel of the test image with black being transparency2. A render of the scene before cache update3. Exported with extracted alpha channel of the test image with black being transparency4. A render of the scene after cache update

#4158 3 days ago

Indexed color vs 16- 24- or 32-bit color, perchance?

#4159 3 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Indexed color vs 16- 24- or 32-bit color, perchance?

As far as I am aware all instances of the image were 32 bit depth, even the export.

#4160 3 days ago
Quoted from Kisco:

As far as I am aware all instances of the image were 32 bit depth, even the export.

I have the same problem. Especially for when there are transparent pixels. I'm using 32-bit depth pngs.

#4161 2 days ago
Quoted from Kisco:

I'm still a little confused, because when I try with a newly created image I get the same results.

When you import an scene image, it is compressed with the same algorithm the firmware uses.
This algorithm is a lossy one.
That's the reason why the image you export (decompressed) does not look the same as the one you imported (compressed with loss od information).
The level of loss depends on the image you import.
Unfortunately, I don't see what I could do about it.

#4162 2 days ago

I started working on adding videos to Aerosmith. Here's the results of my first test. I added Walk This Way; Dude Looks Like a Lady and Love in An Elevator. I like the results, so I'm going to keep going and add a video for each song.

#4163 6 hours ago

Will anyone be updating Avengers with the movie soundtrack score?

Tim

#4164 34 minutes ago

What causes the image to get corrupted or go into a reboot loop? I've wasted so many hours only to find out the game goes into the Update From USB screen or a game starting reboot loop.

Because of that, I now close the image after every video replacement, test that it opens and then burn the image. Then test the game boots. I'm going to have to do that 9 times for Aerosmith (9 videos) and it's just so tedious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 26.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 4164 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside