5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 112.
#3951 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Are you going to revoke my license

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't have a license for Pinball Browser v7. You only have one for v6.
You made it clear that you don't like Pinball Browser, so please, keep it this way and stay away from it.

Quoted from Darscot:

he can tell me to fuck off

I didn't. And stop comparing me to a thief or a drug dealer. You're just making a fool of yourself.

#3952 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

This is my conundrum. JP 1.00 vs. 1.01 script locations have been jumbled like crazy. I have yet to figure out a pattern.
For example, both of these script locations are the same script (same sound). However their respective hex location Ids have changed drastically (1.00 vs 1.01)

I will add a feature that compares 2 firmwares and automatically generates the ShiftId macros.

#3953 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The sound bug was fixed, I did use 7.51...the vids do not work

Can you try to import a single video with the "Import file (no conversion)" function and see if it works ?

#3954 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I will add a feature that compares 2 firmwares and automatically generates the ShiftId macros.

From experience, that would be great!

I’m still a little confused on the sharing of this.....so using the macro method, if I were to share doing it that way and generating that file, would the user who I share it with have to have the same songs/clips I’ve embedded on their pc as well along with the he same location like the previous user mentioned? is that really true?

#3955 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m still a little confused on the sharing of this.....so using the macro method, if I were to share doing it that way and generating that file, would the user who I share it with have to have the same songs/clips I’ve embedded on their pc as well along with the he same location like the previous user mentioned? is that really true?

I'm curious to hear the answer from oga83 too. But it has to be true by... doesn't it? Where else would your computer get the song/clips to be embedded? The macro just points to them as I can't imagine the macro contains them. The macro's would be gigantic if that were the case and then that would suggest there is more going on in that file than it just being a macro.

The way I have this in my mind is if people are distributing a BIN file that contains unlicensed 3rd party IP then Stern can get in trouble because that BIN file is Stern property in the sense that they built the container and are accountable for what is inside of it and I suppose more importantly what isn't inside it. So Stern steps in and starts to make an effort to stop people from distributing their BIN file with unlicensed 3rd party IP in it. I don't really get how they can bury their head in the sand knowing that their BIN's can still be injected with unlicensed 3rd party IP but I guess they've drawn the line at as long it isn't distributed inside their BIN their hands are clean?

#3956 3 years ago

Nope, sending the macro to someone simply gives them the pointers they need to build the modified rom. The user you give a macro to will need to have the songs/clips on their computer in the correct directories for the macro to work. No copyrighted content is sent in the macros so they are tiny files.

Quoted from delt31:

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope, sending the macro to someone simply gives them the pointers they need to build the modified rom. The user you give a macro to will need to have the songs/clips on their computer in the correct directories for the macro to work. No copyrighted content is sent in the macros so they are tiny files.

Ok so essentially sharing is not feasible with this now unless you also give the users the songs and clips too.

Interesting.

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so essentially sharing is not feasible with this now unless you also give the users the songs and clips too.
Interesting.

Well sort of. If you want to introduce new material than yes the macro i guess will not work. If you use internal only Material from the image it should work.
eg you can export a song or video and import it again on a different location. This can be recorded by a macro and repeated. Also you would use a Macro if you would like to repeat the steps, like when a new firmware is out.

If you have different Content Like you want a minions video put into an image of Munsters, the macro will not work for a shared person. Unless they have the material with identical content, names and paths.

If the macros would include all the files, they would be way too big and copyright protected material would be shared. But you could still read out of Macros what pointers are modified. Of course this is no one click out of the box solution.

#3959 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Holy fuck, could you be more butt hurt over nothing. Are you going to be ok, maybe therapy will help you move on.

If you dont have anything positive to contribute to this thread just fuckin leave already.

#3960 3 years ago

Elephant in the room.... So, can we unlock the "Topper Mode" in JP Prem with this tool? I know there was talk in other threads about it the Topper having it's own node board but then others thought it would already be in the code and just need to be turned on. Curious if that was ever figured out.

#3961 3 years ago

Nope. The tool does nothing to gamecode so there is no option to change any gamecode.

Quoted from 85vett:

Elephant in the room.... So, can we unlock the "Topper Mode" in JP Prem with this tool? I know there was talk in other threads about it the Topper having it's own node board but then others thought it would already be in the code and just need to be turned on. Curious if that was ever figured out.

#3962 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Macros contain all the modifications you make to a firmware. You need to include the external files that are used by the macros (sounds, videos, frames, ...).
In the end, the result is exactly the same as sharing binaries... except that that you don't share any stuff from the original game.

Regarding the file path, you can remove the absolute path from the macro list (it's just a text search/replace). The files will be then loaded from the current directory. If the file is still not found, a popup window will open to select it when the macros are played.

#3963 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't have a license for Pinball Browser v7. You only have one for v6.
You made it clear that you don't like Pinball Browser, so please, keep it this way and stay away from it.

I didn't. And stop comparing me to a thief or a drug dealer. You're just making a fool of yourself.

I made a sarcastic comment about paying tax at a drug deal. I never called you a thief or compared you to a drug dealer. I was trying point out it’s a little much to go all hard core about licensing on software that sole purpose is to hack someone else’s software.

I said I bought a license and your response is I haven’t bought it enough times, how many times do people have to buy this.

I’ve tried to let you get on to your thread several times. Once again if you feel the need to continue this shoot me a pm.

#3964 3 years ago

Where is the proper place to get Pinball Browser from?

#3965 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I made a sarcastic comment about paying tax at a drug deal. I never called you a thief or compared you to a drug dealer. I was trying point out it’s a little much to go all hard core about licensing on software that sole purpose is to hack someone else’s software.
I said I bought a license and your response is I haven’t bought it enough times, how many times do people have to buy this.
I’ve tried to let you get on to your thread several times. Once again if you feel the need to continue this shoot me a pm.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Once again if you feel the need to continue this shoot me a pm.

How about you take it to PM yourself? I think your ranting has taken it's course.

#3967 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You know, you don't have to answer back to everyone that quotes you, you can choose not to respond or reply. So let's not play all innocent here mate. You have as much choice as anyone in the thread.

But I guess some people really do have to have the last word though.

#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Can you try to import a single video with the "Import file (no conversion)" function and see if it works ?

I will try that

#3969 3 years ago

I don't feel I have said anything that is offside. There is a reason he can not package software required by Pinball Browser with Pinball Browser. It's not a crime but he can't meet the license requirements, so as a user you have get the software yourself. This is just a convenient way to beat the license. The sole purpose of Pinball Browser is skirting licensing issues, it's not that big a deal, as Stern appears to be ok with it. All I said was I think its a bit much to start yanking licenses for your product, when the purpose of your product is to circumvent licensing. Oh the horror, what a terrible thing for someone to say.

And with this I will leave the thread.

To DakotaMike, I'm not taking the moral high ground, fully accept your point. I hit send before I saw your post.

#3970 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

oga83 You are MAGIC! This feature is going to be invaluable, I can't thank you enough! Fresh donation sent.

#3971 3 years ago

oga83 SUCCESS!!!!

Importing the file without conversion for the video worked!!! I did that one with sound and video

Okay now to put the other vids back on.

Care to explain what changed from the original import video to import file (no conversion) that made this work now...I'm just curious, if it's too technical then don't worry..

Anyways, thank you for the help.

I'll report back once I get all my vids and sounds loaded, fingers crossed

#3972 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

oga83 SUCCESS!!!!
Importing the file without conversion for the video worked!!! I did that one with sound and video
Okay now to put the other vids back on.
Care to explain what changed from the original import video to import file (no conversion) that made this work now...I'm just curious, if it's too technical then don't worry..
Anyways, thank you for the help.
I'll report back once I get all my vids and sounds loaded, fingers crossed

Please email me the video you were trying to import so that I can check (and give me the exact firmware filename/version and the video id).

#3973 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Please email me the video you were trying to import so that I can check (and give me the exact firmware filename/version and the video id).

#3974 3 years ago

I have added a function to compare 2 firmwares and generate the corresponding ShiftId macros in v7.52.
For example :
- open JP1.01
- go to the Spike tab
- click on "Compare firmware..."
- select JP1.00
and you'll get the following macros that you can use to relocate the sounds :

-- JRP12F -> JRP101
-- Sounds :
-- New sound : 0x440
ShiftId 1,0x9,0xA
ShiftId 1,0xA,0x16
ShiftId 1,0xB,0x8
ShiftId 1,0xC,0x17
ShiftId 1,0xD,0x19
ShiftId 1,0xE,0x3
ShiftId 1,0xF,0x0
ShiftId 1,0x11,0x9
ShiftId 1,0x12,0x6
ShiftId 1,0x13,0x10
ShiftId 1,0x15,0x7
ShiftId 1,0x16,0xF
ShiftId 1,0x17,0x12
ShiftId 1,0x18,0xC
ShiftId 1,0x19,0xB
ShiftId 1,0x1A,0x1F0
ShiftId 1,0x1B,0x145

If this function works fine, I'll try to do the same for DMD frames, videos and scenes, but it will be more difficult.

#3975 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I dunno, maybe ask Microsoft? My Office 2003 key didn't work on Office 2016, so sad

(even sadder: pinballbrowser arguably adds more functionality between releases than Office)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3976 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so essentially sharing is not feasible with this now unless you also give the users the songs and clips too

If the songs and clips are your own creations, you can absolutely include them with the macros. However, most people use copyrighted stuff with their mods, so they need to keep the sharing of that stuff under wraps. It doesn't help Ollie if folks openly distribute macros with copyrighted material. And sure as hell don't sell your mods!

#3977 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I have added a function to compare 2 firmwares and generate the corresponding ShiftId macros in v7.52.
For example :
- open JP1.01
- go to the Spike tab
- click on "Compare firmware..."
- select JP1.00
and you'll get the following macros that you can use to relocate the sounds :

-- JRP12F -> JRP101
-- Sounds :
ShiftId 1,0x9,0xA
ShiftId 1,0xA,0x16
ShiftId 1,0xB,0x8
ShiftId 1,0xC,0x17
ShiftId 1,0xD,0x19
ShiftId 1,0xE,0x3
ShiftId 1,0xF,0x0
ShiftId 1,0x11,0x9
ShiftId 1,0x12,0x6
ShiftId 1,0x13,0x10
ShiftId 1,0x15,0x7
ShiftId 1,0x16,0xF
ShiftId 1,0x17,0x12
ShiftId 1,0x18,0xC
ShiftId 1,0x19,0xB
ShiftId 1,0x1A,0x1F0
ShiftId 1,0x1B,0x145

If this function works fine, I'll try to do the same for DMD frames, videos and scenes, but it will be more difficult.

Thanks oga83 ! I just tried this but I'm not seeing any change after running the macro list. These are the steps I took (using the RAW firmware versions).

1. Open 1.01 in PB
2. Click Spike > Compare Firmware
3. Open 1.00 (as this then prompts to open 1.00 in PB)
4. Wait for Analyzing sounds... to finish
5. 1.01 opens itself again in PB
6. Analyzing sounds... wait for that to finish
7. Text editor window appears with all the shift Id proposed changes

Here's a snippet of what that looks like:

-- JRP12F -> JRP101
-- Sounds :
ShiftId,1,0x9,0xA
ShiftId,1,0xA,0x16
ShiftId,1,0xB,0x8
ShiftId,1,0xC,0x17
ShiftId,1,0xD,0x19
ShiftId,1,0xE,0x3
ShiftId,1,0xF,0x0
ShiftId,1,0x11,0x9
ShiftId,1,0x12,0x6
ShiftId,1,0x13,0x10
ShiftId,1,0x15,0x7
ShiftId,1,0x16,0xF
ShiftId,1,0x17,0x12
ShiftId,1,0x18,0xC
ShiftId,1,0x19,0xB
ShiftId,1,0x1A,0x1F0
ShiftId,1,0x1B,0x145

8. Select All > Copy from that text window
9. Return to PB with 1.01 loaded
10. Go to Macros > Paste
11. Click Run Macros
12. Go to Sounds > Sound Scripts and check/play a number of scripts

Result: The locations are still wrong/unchanged.

Am I doing something wrong?

I will say after spot checking the shiftId proposals from that txt file, comparing the 1.01 and 1.00 locations, they look to be pinpointing the right location changes (AMAZING!). So maybe I'm just being an idiot when it comes to running the macro? I did also try just running only like 20 of the changes/macro lines instead of the full 3,818 lines in that txt file. Still no changes are actually occurring AFAIK.

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

So, I got 1 of my vids loaded up and 2 sound changes for JP 1.01 with PB 7.52

I was replacing the missile hit and miss vids but something in them was breaking the code...couldn't get the miss shot miss to play after the missile launch tutorial and missile launch vid sequence

I can only guess it was breaking the game code somehow...

Anyways...I'm done for now, I've been going at this for 2 days and I'm happy with my Shoot Again vid being able to be changed..that was my biggest complaint with the standard game - hate that Raptor animation - really choppy and crushed blacks

I don't know what else to do on the other vids as they cause more problems with the code changing them...maybe it's the bitrate or timing or frames of the uploads

#3979 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Where is the proper place to get Pinball Browser from?

First post in this thread.

#3980 3 years ago

Ive been able to run previous versions of PB no problem but with this latest update it tells me to download ffmpeg and place the .exe in the same directory as PB. I did that and now I get this system null error... any ideas / suggestions? tried the whole process twice and ended up with same issues. any help is greatly appreciated!

PB (resized).jpgPB (resized).jpg
#3981 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thanks oga83 ! I just tried this but I'm not seeing any change after running the macro list. These are the steps I took (using the RAW firmware versions).
1. Open 1.01 in PB
2. Click Spike > Compare Firmware
3. Open 1.00 (as this then prompts to open 1.00 in PB)
4. Wait for Analyzing sounds... to finish
5. 1.01 opens itself again in PB
6. Analyzing sounds... wait for that to finish
7. Text editor window appears with all the shift Id proposed changes
Here's a snippet of what that looks like:
-- JRP12F -> JRP101
-- Sounds :
ShiftId,1,0x9,0xA
ShiftId,1,0xA,0x16
ShiftId,1,0xB,0x8
ShiftId,1,0xC,0x17
ShiftId,1,0xD,0x19
ShiftId,1,0xE,0x3
ShiftId,1,0xF,0x0
ShiftId,1,0x11,0x9
ShiftId,1,0x12,0x6
ShiftId,1,0x13,0x10
ShiftId,1,0x15,0x7
ShiftId,1,0x16,0xF
ShiftId,1,0x17,0x12
ShiftId,1,0x18,0xC
ShiftId,1,0x19,0xB
ShiftId,1,0x1A,0x1F0
ShiftId,1,0x1B,0x145
8. Select All > Copy from that text window
9. Return to PB with 1.01 loaded
10. Go to Macros > Paste
11. Click Run Macros
12. Go to Sounds > Sound Scripts and check/play a number of scripts
Result: The locations are still wrong/unchanged.
Am I doing something wrong?
I will say after spot checking the shiftId proposals from that txt file, comparing the 1.01 and 1.00 locations, they look to be pinpointing the right location changes (AMAZING!). So maybe I'm just being an idiot when it comes to running the macro? I did also try just running only like 20 of the changes/macro lines instead of the full 3,818 lines in that txt file. Still no changes are actually occurring AFAIK.

The ShiftId macro does not change the id of a sound within Pinball Browser. The id is related to the position and can't be changed.
Rather, ShiftId remaps a sound id within the macros scope :

Let's say you have the following macro for JP1.0 :
SoundScript,0x9,"newsound.mp3",0,207,100,0,10000
As you noticed, it won't run correctly on JP1.1 because sound script 0x9 is now 0xA.
To be able to run this macro on JP1.1, you have 2 possibilities :
- manually modify each id in the macro list :
SoundScript,0xA,"newsound.mp3",0,207,100,0,10000
- or use the ShiftId macro to reflect the changes between JP1.0 and JP1.1 :
ShiftId,1,0x9,0xA

In brief, use "Compare firmware" to generate the ShiftId macros and copy/paste them at the beginning of your macros.

#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Ive been able to run previous versions of PB no problem but with this latest update it tells me to download ffmpeg and place the .exe in the same directory as PB. I did that and now I get this system null error... any ideas / suggestions? tried the whole process twice and ended up with same issues. any help is greatly appreciated!
[quoted image]

You probably also had a message saying that the .spk files are now deprecated in Pinball Browser.
Use a SD card image instead.

#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You probably also had a message saying that the .spk files are now deprecated in Pinball Browser.

BINGO - that was my issue. Thank you for the assist my friend!

#3984 3 years ago

now to tinker with TMNT

#3985 3 years ago

don't forget to synch the bookmarks, i have done a lot them. TMNT should be bookmarked 70-80%

#3986 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The ShiftId macro does not change the id of a sound within Pinball Browser. The id is related to the position and can't be changed.
Rather, ShiftId remaps a sound id within the macros scope :
Let's say you have the following macro for JP1.0 :
As you noticed, it won't run correctly on JP1.1 because sound script 0x9 is now 0xA.
To be able to run this macro on JP1.1, you have 2 possibilities :
- manually modify each id in the macro list :
SoundScript,0xA,"newsound.mp3",0,207,100,0,10000
- or use the ShiftId macro to reflect the changes between JP1.0 and JP1.1 :
ShiftId,1,0x9,0xA
In brief, use "Compare firmware" to generate the ShiftId macros and copy/paste them at the beginning of your macros.

Roger that! I knew I was misunderstanding something. This works for me. What an amazing feature, thank you again!

#3987 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

First post in this thread.

you have over 100 posts. What's your point?!

#3988 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you have over 100 posts. What's your point?!

Ummm...he was answering the question of where to download the browser

#3989 3 years ago

...and of course they just released JP version 1.02 .....yay...I mean ahhhhh!!!!

If this is broken again, I'm done

#3990 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

...and of course they just released JP version 1.02 .....yay...I mean ahhhhh!!!!
If this is broken again, I'm done

Finger crossed, but opening the image seems a bit too long.

#3991 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Ummm...he was answering the question of where to download the browser

Hahahahah! Gotcha

My apologies as well! You were just being helpful!

#3992 3 years ago

Looks like Pinball Browser is broken again with version JP 1.02

Can't even load the image

#3993 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

No luck here...I've had it trying to open for 10 minutes, Stern obviously doesn't want this program to work..

#3994 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

No luck here...I've had it trying to open for 10 minutes, Stern obviously doesn't want this program to work..

uf (resized).pnguf (resized).png
#3995 3 years ago

Sorry! newb question here! I was able to go in and replace a music track in a pin and the track plays back really quiet after I updated the pin. Any ideas how to make volume of new tracks match the originals??

Also, i keep getting an error that some program isn't installed in the right directory??

"ffmpeg.exe or ffprobe.exe not found
Download it and copy it in the same directory than this program.
Do you want to download it now??

Ive downloaded it and copyied to the pinball browser directory but it still gives me this error. Regardless, I'm able to replace tracks etc so not sure if it's a requirement??

Thanks guys!

#3996 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

What is an SD card image?? I'm having the same issue and error message after installing the ffprobe and ffmpeg

Thanks!!

#3997 3 years ago

I just started as well however I'm having difficulty matching volume on my replacement tracks. Any tips for a newb??

They sound like they match up pretty good in my headphones but when I update the machine, its like the tracks are muffled and the factory sounds and callouts are just as loud as ever! Thanks so much!

C

#3998 3 years ago
Quoted from cmproductions:

What is an SD card image?? I'm having the same issue and error message after installing the ffprobe and ffmpeg
Thanks!!

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Sd-Images you can dowload from here.
Sd-images contain the whole system.

Game-Code spk files only changes that will update the system.

#3999 3 years ago
Quoted from cmproductions:

Sorry! newb question here! I was able to go in and replace a music track in a pin and the track plays back really quiet after I updated the pin. Any ideas how to make volume of new tracks match the originals??
Also, i keep getting an error that some program isn't installed in the right directory??
"ffmpeg.exe or ffprobe.exe not found
Download it and copy it in the same directory than this program.
Do you want to download it now??
Ive downloaded it and copyied to the pinball browser directory but it still gives me this error. Regardless, I'm able to replace tracks etc so not sure if it's a requirement??
Thanks guys!

i am not sure, but i think ffmpeg is mostly used for Videos. If you want to change and view Videos you will need ffmpeg in place.
ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe need to be in the same folder as Pinball-Brower.exe.

#4000 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Looks like Pinball Browser is broken again with version JP 1.02

Quoted from Peanuts:

Have you tried v7.53 ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.50
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/80?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.