• 3,872 posts
  • 572 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 675 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 341 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinside (resized).png
pb (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
0DFF9B9A-F080-4A0B-B0E6-486C86D51C04 (resized).jpeg
nullmodempinout (resized).png
71eM9Lm2wGL._AC_SL1200_ (resized).jpg
IMG_20200118_142823 (resized).jpg
Capture3 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200507_191056 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200507_191047 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200507_190557 (resized).jpg
Capture2 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPG
2020-05-03_11-01-17 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3872 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 78.
#3851 17 days ago

Will Pinball Browser still work for Wrestlemania pro? Any idea?

#3852 17 days ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I think that it works already

#3853 17 days ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

PB will work fine but WWE Wrestlemania (Pro) will still be terrible.

#3854 17 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hmm. Well, that's encouraging and discouraging at once. I would have to find someone with an SD card from his first-run game. Unlikely. Drat!
Do you think Olivier is working hard to devise a work-around, or is he content to just move on? He's very helpful. I should just ask him.

I'm hoping when the code is complete for these latest titles he'll update Pinball Browser to work with them all.
Going forward with new games will be up to Stern if they want to play this stupid cat and mouse game.

#3855 17 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

PB will work fine but WWE Wrestlemania (Pro) will still be terrible.

Guess everbody is a comedian

#3856 17 days ago

So i donated and got the license and have been looking around abit, and have a question;

Short: Is it the latest code version for usb we must edit, or the game code iso used to flash a sd card we must use?

Longer: I downloaded the Game image (for the SD card), which i used to boot up the machine yesterday. This is an iso file, but when i opened it in PB i have access to all files.if replacing a song, what do i do next, do i flash a sd card with the edited iso file? Dont i need to update the software (usually done by usb stick) with the actual song too? The flashed game code on sd card is only 38kb, while the iso still is 3.6gb.

Thanks

#3857 16 days ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So i donated and got the license and have been looking around abit, and have a question;
Short: Is it the latest code version for usb we must edit, or the game code iso used to flash a sd card we must use?
Longer: I downloaded the Game image (for the SD card), which i used to boot up the machine yesterday. This is an iso file, but when i opened it in PB i have access to all files.if replacing a song, what do i do next, do i flash a sd card with the edited iso file? Dont i need to update the software (usually done by usb stick) with the actual song too? The flashed game code on sd card is only 38kb, while the iso still is 3.6gb.
Thanks

When you work with the SD card image, it saves upon every change. So, you flash that file back to the SD card and pop it into your game.
USB updates have nothing to do with it any longer this way.

What I do (and I'm on a Mac Using Crossover to run PB) is download the SD card image from Sterns website and flash it to an SD card using Etcher. I then backup the SD card image with another program (DD Utility). That gives me the fully uncompressed .img file to load into Pinball Browser. I duplicate the image to get a copy of it. Then, I open up 2 Pinball Browser windows. I load the Stock.img file in one window, and the copied .img in a window next to it. This way I can make changes to the copy, and use the Stock for reference.

Hope that helps some.

#3858 16 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

When you work with the SD card image, it saves upon every change. So, you flash that file back to the SD card and pop it into your game.
USB updates have nothing to do with it any longer this way.
What I do (and I'm on a Mac Using Crossover to run PB) is download the SD card image from Sterns website and flash it to an SD card using Etcher. I then backup the SD card image with another program (DD Utility). That gives me the fully uncompressed .img file to load into Pinball Browser. I duplicate the image to get a copy of it. Then, I open up 2 Pinball Browser windows. I load the Stock.img file in one window, and the copied .img in a window next to it. This way I can make changes to the copy, and use the Stock for reference.
Hope that helps some.

Hi thanks!
Actually I made a change to the SPK file, loaded it onto a USB, updated my WWE, and it worked? :O
The changes i did was there in the game.

#3859 14 days ago

Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to colorize my Stern Star Trek Po 1.61 firmware. I have the registered version of pinball browser version 7.03. I load the STP0161.bin file, go to macros, open from online repository, select the Sharky 1/7 file. Run it and it creates the smartdmd txt file. I then add that to my smart dmd config. Then I load up the Sharkky 2/7 file and run it. It goes fine until it hits line 30987. Then it stops and says that it is out of memory. Any other macro I try to run for it starts but eventually runs into the same out of memory error. Is it possibly an issue with the new version of pinball browser and an old macro? Possible PC problem or possible STP0161.bin file? The file is no longer available from stern so I've been downloading different versions from vpuniverse, here and anywhere else I can find a copy. All have the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

#3860 10 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is a short video of my issue with AC/DC. I am looking to replace War Machine with Shoot to Thrill. As shown in the video link, Request #214 will play first with a new ball. Once the ball is shoot, Request #214 and #215 will play in sequence. Request #214 is 7.500 seconds long. I have replaced this request with the start of the song. If you listen at 20 seconds in the video, there is a short gap where there is no sound between these two requests. Any suggestions on how to remove this short gap? Is there any function in PB to replace a song and it will replace all of the request numbers for you or do you have to do each manually and get the sounds to flow properly yourself? Thanks for your assistance.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7te9uk

Why change War Machine to Shoot to Thrill? War Machine is very short, and you will miss the best part of Shoot to Thrill.

think you are changing the wrong request

you need to change request 312

Request 214 TNT 03:33.5
Request 215 War Machine riff
Request 216 War Machine 02:52.5

Request 303 Back In Black 04:09.4
Request 304 For Those about To Rock 05:43.1
Request 305 Hell Aint A Bad Place 04:12.2
Request 306 Hells Bells 05:13.4
Request 307 Highway 03:31.4
Request 308 Let The be rock 05:59.8
Request 309 Runaway Train 4:18
Request 310 Thunderstruck 04:51.9
Request 311 TNT 03:33.5
Request 312 War Machine 03:07.5
Request 313 Rosie 05:19.9
Request 314 You Shook me 03:30.6

#3861 6 days ago

who kept an old version 6.61 for example.
because since version 7.03 I have this message :

pb (resized).jpg
#3862 6 days ago
Quoted from granit:

who kept an old version 6.61 for example.
because since version 7.03 I have this message :[quoted image]

It's just a warning that tells you that SPK files are deprecated in Pinball Browser, but you can open them anyway
I have 6.60 and 6.65 version. Do you want one of these?
If so, PM me your email adress, and I'll send you them over

#3863 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

It's just a warning that tells you that SPK files are deprecated in Pinball Browser, but you can open them anyway
I have 6.60 and 6.65 version. Do you want one of these?
If so, PM me your email adress, and I'll send you them over

thank you
I am interested in 6.65
my registration is too recent to send a pm (in 24h it's ok)
I got this message when I wanted to open the tmnt code

#3864 6 days ago

I don't think 6.65 version will work with TMNT code, but maybe it will
If your registration is too recent for sending a PMs, then you can tell me your email adress right here, and once I send you the 6.65, you can delete your email adress from the post

#3865 6 days ago

Hey Olliver, can I send you a donation or a tip for continuing to work on PB Browser? I know Stern is making this really frustrating to work on since they keep changing the encryption.

#3866 6 days ago

tried both versions 6.65 and 7.03 both do not open TMNT SD-Card image, or the SPK
It will take a very long then an error apears "unknown firmware" but this was to be expected on what oliver wrote before that Stern is putting things in to prevent pinballbrowser to work.

#3867 6 days ago
Quoted from cabal:

tried both versions 6.65 and 7.03 both do not open TMNT SD-Card image, or the SPK
It will take a very long then an error apears "unknown firmware" but this was to be expected on what oliver wrote before that Stern is putting things in to prevent pinballbrowser to work.

6.65 version was created before TMNT was made, but I thought it can be opened anyway
I also understand why is 7.03 unable to open TMNT

#3868 6 days ago

It's too bad i wished so much it will still work for TMNT. In a way i can understand they are trying to protect against modifications and maybe the rights and contracts with their licensor. But it's so much a fun killer. Pinballbrowser does make so much fun and it adds so much possibilties and fun to existing pinball machines.

Would haven been maybe a reason to get a TMNT if you could modify it. But if not, it needs to be 100% cool to get. It's like with Munsters, don't like some videos, call outs, texts just modify them. Now you have to take like it is

#3869 1 day ago

I feel like my answer is in this thread somewhere but I can't find it. When opening a stock version .spk, PB generates a .dat file. Is there an easy way to have that .dat file it auto creates add all default sound scripts to it (which of course are blank bookmarks). I just want the .dat file to have all the "blank" script location IDs within it so I can then take that into a text editor. You're probably laughing at me right now given the JP2 work I've done I just don't recall how I started with a fully populated, yet blank .dat file. I think I used a macro maybe to just add '*' to every script bookmark but I don't see a macro generated when I define a bookmark alone.

#3870 1 day ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I just want the .dat file to have all the "blank" script location IDs within it so I can then take that into a text editor. You're probably laughing at me right now given the JP2 work I've done I just don't recall how I started with a fully populated, yet blank .dat file. I think I used a macro maybe to just add '*' to every script bookmark but I don't see a macro generated when I define a bookmark alone.

I would not recommend that. If you sync these fake bookmarks with the online database, everyone will get them.
If you want an empty list with the sound script ids, I rather suggest that you generate it with excel.
Use a column to generate an incremental list (A2=1 and A3=A2+1) and use the following formula to convert it in hexa : B3="0x"&DECHEX(A3); then copy/paste A3 and B3 as many times as you want.
pinside (resized).png

#3871 22 hours ago
Quoted from oga83:

I would not recommend that. If you sync these fake bookmarks with the online database, everyone will get them.
If you want an empty list with the sound script ids, I rather suggest that you generate it with excel.
Use a column to generate an incremental list (A2=1 and A3=A2+1) and use the following formula to convert it in hexa : B3="0x"&DECHEX(A3); then copy/paste A3 and B3 as many times as you want.
[quoted image]

This worked like a charm, oga83 ! And no I won't go syncing anything. So my motivation here is looking at what will need to be done to port custom code made from a JP2 LE/Prem firmware over to the Pro version. At least at first look it appears both .dat files have the exact same number of Sound Script Locations. So that's promising. I wonder if all that's needed from here is to macro import the sound files to the same locations in the Pro code and hopefully not run into that issue you helped me with a while back? (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/75#post-5592725) I think I still owe you some additional troubleshooting on that. It would make my life incredibly easier if I don't have to add the additional parameters, specific to each file length when doing the macro import. LMK

#3872 2 hours ago

So. Any news on the latest Stern coding that breaks this program?
Is it anything that is being worked on or is it just not worth the time and hassle it might take?
Curious minds want to know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3872 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 78.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside