Good advice, I don't know why I didn't just PM him in the first place. He already reached out to me asking for the info he needed to fix it, pretty awesome.
I also had a feature idea for you oga83, curious what you think.
Have you considered adding CLI (command line) support to Pinball Browser? I ask because I think it could be pretty straightforward to do and would allow users to easily distribute something like 'mod packs' for a given firmware without having to redistribute the entire giant SD image file.
Basically the way it would work is that you could tell PB to take a specific modification action against an SD card image file from the command line. For example, replacing a given sound file in a firmware SD image with one that you would provide in the mod pack as a .wav or .mp3 or whatever, like:
>Pinball-Browser replaceSound -f jurassic_park_pro-1_01_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw -i welcome_to_jp.wav -l 0xA05
You could then as a modder easily make these mod packs as essentially a .bat file with a list of PB CLI commands that you could zip up along with whatever new assets you were using, and then share on MEGA or whatever. And for the modders it would be nice because updating their mods to new firmwares would be as simple as making sure the various script locations were the same, possibly making minor tweaks to their mod script, and redistributing (or letting people know the script continues to work as-is on the new firmware).
You'd specify which version of a given table's firmware the mod pack worked with. Then a pinsider could download the .zip, grab the matching firmware image, and simply unzip the mod pack to a directory, put the firmware in it, and run the batch file to convert the stock firmware into the modified one.
Forgive me if there is a simple way to do this already. I was just thinking of how I would distribute a modified JP2 firmware without it being a huge download, and the best I could come up with was a generic .IPS patcher app and an IPS patch, but then 1) you have to tell people which IPS patcher to d/l since many don't work with huge files and 2) downloaders could use it without being licensed users of PB themselves which I'd view as a negative.