1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 112.
#3701 3 years ago

Has anyone changed Aerosmith songs using Pinball Browser? I used it all the time when I owned Metallica and Mustang and had fun changing up the songs.

Looks like it's much more involved with Spike 2, but I don't mind the effort as long as I'm not wasting my time. I probably just want to start with replacing Walk This Way with the Run DMC/Aerosmith version to change things up a little.

#3702 3 years ago

Has someone successfully opened the file elvira3-0_93_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw ?

#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

JPLE 1.00.00
I think I may have figured out what's going on + a workaround. When I check the macro generated after a single import, I see it appends some position, duration and other params at the end like:
SoundScript,0x897,"C:\[file path]\[filename].wav",0,1831,100,0,10000
If I then run the problem macro format (without the appended, to reproduce the issue):
SoundScript,0x897,"C:\[file path]\[filename].wav",
Then turn right around and run the appended one after, the issue is corrected in that script location.
So in summary I guess my workaround is to add that appended information to every macro line. I take it all can remain the same except for the 2nd param which I now see is the ms duration of the imported file. I did just find a program that will read a folder of my WAVs and spit out their ms duration. So I guess I'll leverage that,some Notepad++ and regex wizardry to generate my macros in that format moving forward.
It does suck to have found this out now. I have already imported hundreds of new sound files. But things could be worse .
oga83 Would you consider what I've found a bug or expected behavior? What do you think of my workaround?

The SoundScript macro has 2 syntaxes :
- a 2-parameter syntax that is only used with sound engines that does not support editing functions (Windows multimédia, Mac OS)
SoundScript,SoundScriptId,Filename
- a 7-parameter syntax that is used with the MediaFoundation sound engine since PB v3.x
SoundScript,SoundScriptId,Filename,StartPositionMs,DurationMs,Volume%,LanguageIndex,LowPassFrequency
For instance : SoundScript,0x18,"sound.mp3",0,598,100,0,10000
The aditional parameters are automatically generated when you manually import a sound.
The 2-parameter syntax makes no processing before the sound is imported. That's probably the reason why you get a glitch.
Whenever possible, I recommend using the 7-parameter syntax.

#3704 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Has someone successfully opened the file elvira3-0_93_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw ?

I haven't
It just says "Unknown firmware!" upon opening it

#3705 3 years ago

Uh oh, the new code for Munsters is up on Stern's website....
It's probably gonna destroy access of Pinball Browser

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Not much else in there either.

#3707 3 years ago

I was able to open the firmware and play Video and Sounds.
does anybody know what the exact error was with the sounds?
was it the reading or writing back?

#3708 3 years ago

You are able to play sounds on 1.03 Munsters?
I didn't even try to load 1.03! I thought it's not able to play sounds because it wasn't able on JP 1.01, Elvira 0.93 (it wasn't possible to even open Elvira 0.93) and Stranger Things 0.87
I'm downloading 1.03 for Munsters right now to see if it can play sounds for me too

#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I think that reason because we weren't able to modify sounds on latest firmwares is because Stern disabled it

#3710 3 years ago

I think that reason because we weren't able to modify sounds on latest firmwares is because Stern disabled it

yes i am aware of it, but i am not sure were the error happens, i only have munsters so the error did not occur to me before.
I don't know what the error is, playing sounds?, or is it later when the sd-card is writen back and tried to be loaded.

#3711 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I don't know what the error is, playing sounds?

Yes, because they are empty on some of latest firmwares

#3712 3 years ago

Not this time. The Elvira 0.93 firmware can't be opened because one of its file is too big.

#3713 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Not this time.

It's great to hear that Stern is not one who disabled firmware opening this time!

Quoted from oga83:

The firmware can't be opened because one of its file is too big.

Are you talking about Elvira 3? SD Card for that game is 14GB

#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I was able to open the firmware and play Video and Sounds.
was it the reading or writing back?

I just loaded Munsters 1.03, and sounds are available even for me!
Munsters 1.03 (resized).jpgMunsters 1.03 (resized).jpg

#3715 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The Elvira 0.93 firmware can't be opened because one of its file is too big.

It's alright
At least 0.92 is able to be opened with PB

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Has anyone changed Aerosmith songs using Pinball Browser? I used it all the time when I owned Metallica and Mustang and had fun changing up the songs.
Looks like it's much more involved with Spike 2, but I don't mind the effort as long as I'm not wasting my time. I probably just want to start with replacing Walk This Way with the Run DMC/Aerosmith version to change things up a little.

I'll respond to my own question. I had no problem changing songs on Aerosmith and it was the same process I used with Mustang and Metallica. Just had the extra long image reading and writing times, but I was using my old desktop all-in-one and not my gaming laptop. Not sure how much faster it could've been since the SD card reading/writing times probably are the bottleneck.

Anyways, I swapped out Walk This Way with the version featuring Run DMC. Songs times were identical, so didn't need to edit the song. I just applied "Compression" in Audacity and adjusted the volume level.

Also swapped out Rats in the Cellar with the 2014 Skid Row cover version, just to mix it up because the guitar solo is terrific and vocals are great. It's not Sebastian Bach on vocals - some other guys who made a few records with Skid Row.

#3717 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

- a 2-parameter syntax that is only used with sound engines that does not support editing functions (Windows multimédia, Mac OS)

- a 7-parameter syntax that is used with the MediaFoundation sound engine since PB v3.x

SoundScript,SoundScriptId,Filename,StartPositionMs,DurationMs,Volume%,LanguageIndex,LowPassFrequency
For instance :
SoundScript,0x18,"sound.mp3",0,598,100,0,10000
The aditional parameters are automatically generated when you manually import a sound.
The 2-parameter syntax makes no processing before the sound is imported. That's probably the reason why you get a glitch.

Thanks much oga83 I will use the 7 param syntax moving forward. However, you do understand this adds yet another few extra steps right? Is there any way you could make parity with the individual sound import? Meaning if none of the additional params are provided you simply automatically generate them, as if you were manually importing a sound? I still don't quite understand why the spike/glitch is added in the first place. Seems like a bug that it does that regardless.

#3718 3 years ago

Match animation for Black Knight: Sword of rage is Black Knight throwing hatchet at Skeleton trapped on wheel, and hatchet destroys Skeleton's head, then Match number is displayed
But in Pinball Browser, Match number is not displayed after Skeleton's head is destroyed in Match video
Is this a bug, or Match video is default to not have a Match number in Pinball browser video?
BK (resized).jpgBK (resized).jpgBK SOR (resized).jpgBK SOR (resized).jpg

#3719 3 years ago

Match number is dynamic, like a score. You won't see this as an image in pb.

Match animation for Black Knight: Sword of rage is Black Knight throwing hatchet at Skeleton trapped on wheel, and hatchet destroys Skeleton's head, then Match number is displayed
But in Pinball Browser, Match number is not displayed after Skeleton's head is destroyed in Match video
Is this a bug, or Match video is default to not have a Match number in Pinball browser video?
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3720 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

I am not sure about this, but there are two kinds of videos, one are played as normal videos and have everyting in them Texts and so on.
The other Kind of videos are put together as animations. I have them on my Munsters machine. They are "stiched" together in gameplay. Like Video with overlay text. This could be the case here. On Munsters it's Herman going into a hearse and then the car drives by reveiling "Hurry UP", the Hurry UP" is not in the Video, it is coming from the game.

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Match number is dynamic, like a score. You won't see this as an image in pb.

That's ok. Thank you for telling me

Quoted from cabal:

I am not sure about this, but there are two kinds of videos, one are played as normal videos and have everyting in them Texts and so on.
The other Kind of videos are put together as animations. I have them on my Munsters machine. They are "stiched" together in gameplay. Like Video with overlay text. This could be the case here. On Munsters it's Herman going into a hearse and then the car drives by reveiling "Hurry UP", the Hurry UP" is not in the Video, it is coming from the game.

Thanks for telling me. Maybe "Hurry UP" is in Messages tab?

#3722 3 years ago

That's ok. Thank you for telling me

Thanks for telling me. Maybe "Hurry UP" is in Messages tab?

Hehehe it was only an example but what the hell if it is changable then i will change it.
Have seen some Hurry ups in the text now that you mention it will need to test it out
Pinball Browser just makes so much fun.

#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Hehehe it was only an example but what the hell if it is changable then i will change it.
Have seen some Hurry ups in the text now that you mention it will need to test it out
Pinball Browser just makes so much fun.

Great!
I agree, Pinball Browser is so much fun software

#3724 3 years ago

Any chance we will be able to change song titles in IMDN? I know you're busy playing whack-a-mole with Stern...

#3725 3 years ago

And floating deadheads in Elvira's house of horrors? (0.92 version since 0.93 doesn't work yet)

#3726 3 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Any chance we will be able to change song titles in IMDN? I know you're busy playing whack-a-mole with Stern...

Have you tried to rename song titles in 'Messages' tab?

#3727 3 years ago

I have a question about Aerosmith.

Rats in the Cellar is in two locations in its entirety.

Script 0x22 - 4min 04s 356ms
Script 0x23 - 4min 04s 356ms

Rats in the Cellar plays during game over for maybe 20 seconds. Is that why the song is listed twice? If so, does anyone know which location is for the game over music? Figured I'd ask before testing myself since each write of the image takes a long time.

#3728 3 years ago

Have you tried to rename song titles in 'Messages' tab?

It is a graphic not just text. It is a still image in front of or on top of a video.

#3729 3 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

It is a graphic not just text. It is a still image in front of or on top of a video.

Aaaaah, okay

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

For instance :
SoundScript,0x18,"sound.mp3",0,598,100,0,10000

Thanks so much for this @oga83. Unfortunately, I've found that this 7 param method is also prone to hitting the same issue, albeit slightly less often. There must still be a bug here. Hopefully you can make parity b/t individual upload and the no param syntax macro method in a later release? I've decided to go back to individual import for now. DM me if there are any specifics I can help with when you're able to investigate what's going on behind the scenes.

#3731 3 years ago

In 6.60 version of Pinball browser, when I play Ace in the hole MB track for WPT, whole soundtrack plays. But in 6.65 and later versions, it plays only first 4 seconds of track, and stops. Same for Change gears and few other tracks.
Is this side effect of finding new sounds for WOF?

#3732 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thanks so much for this oga83. Unfortunately, I've found that this 7 param method is also prone to hitting the same issue, albeit slightly less often. There must still be a bug here. Hopefully you can make parity b/t individual upload and the no param syntax macro method in a later release? I've decided to go back to individual import for now. DM me if there are any specifics I can help with when you're able to investigate what's going on behind the scenes.

Please send me an example (firmware filename, sound script id, imported sound file) where :
- you can successfully import a sound file with the user interface
- the corresponding generated macro does not import the same sound correctly on a stock firmware
so that I can have a look at it.

#3733 3 years ago

In 6.60 version of Pinball browser, when I play Ace in the hole MB track for WPT, whole soundtrack plays. But in 6.65 and later versions, it plays only first 6-7 seconds of track, and stops. Same for Change gears and few other tracks.

Which firmware filename and sound script id is it ?

#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Which firmware filename and sound script id is it ?

Firmware filename: wpt1400a.bin
Sound script id-s: 0x1D (Ace in the hole), 0x2A (Change gears - low), 0x2B (Change gears - high) and 0x23 (All in music)

#3735 3 years ago

For example, let's take a look at the Ace in the hole MB track....
Duration on sound script says that it lasts 20 seconds because it was 20-second long in 6.60. But upper corner says right duration for it, 4 seconds.
Do you think you can set duration back to 20 seconds one day?

Ace in the hole (resized).jpgAce in the hole (resized).jpg
#3736 3 years ago

pinballfan2000 Thanks, your example is crystal clear. I'll fix it in the next version.
[EDIT] And yes, this is related to the new sounds-scripts detected in WOF by v6.65.
Pinball Browser was tricked into thinking he had the wrong sound-script version.

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

pinballfan2000 Thanks, your example is crystal clear. I'll fix it in the next version.

Great!

Quoted from oga83:

[EDIT] And yes, this is related to the new sounds-scripts detected in WOF by v6.65.
Pinball Browser was tricked into thinking he had the wrong sound-script version.

There is also a new speech in WPT code, starting from v6.65 version. Did that detecting, trick Pinball browser too?

#3738 3 years ago

Here is a short video of my issue with AC/DC. I am looking to replace War Machine with Shoot to Thrill. As shown in the video link, Request #214 will play first with a new ball. Once the ball is shoot, Request #214 and #215 will play in sequence. Request #214 is 7.500 seconds long. I have replaced this request with the start of the song. If you listen at 20 seconds in the video, there is a short gap where there is no sound between these two requests. Any suggestions on how to remove this short gap? Is there any function in PB to replace a song and it will replace all of the request numbers for you or do you have to do each manually and get the sounds to flow properly yourself? Thanks for your assistance.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7te9uk

#3739 3 years ago

When you import music, you have to make sure that track you are importing has no gap during playing song

#3740 3 years ago

When you import music, you have to make sure that track you are importing has no gap during playing song

Thanks for the reply. I imported the complete song in Request #215, less the first 7. 500 seconds. Otherwise, the first 7.500 seconds will play twice, which sounds really weird. The game seems to play Request #214 first, then Request #215, once the ball is shot. So I am not sure how you make it seemless given it is two separate requests? There appears to be a gap between the two. Was hoping to find some other PB users who have changed the music to their AC/DC games. Thanks.

#3741 3 years ago

I don't know why another request plays after the first one is finished. Maybe those two requests are linked together?

#3742 3 years ago

What does this mean? For the Kiss Pro code. Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3743 3 years ago

It's a warning that tells you that SPK files are deprecated in Pinball browser now. They are deprecated because .spk files contain only what has been upgraded.
You should use SD cards instead (SD cards contain everything)
You can get SD Card images for Spike games here: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#3744 3 years ago

Every time I tweak my code in SW I lose my High Scores. I tried to get around that my saving my scores and Champion awards as the code defaults, but I’m running into limits. I don’t think we can set a default score higher than 2 billion. Is there anyway around that?

#3745 3 years ago

Is there a simple fix for a license issue? I donated $20 on Feb 3 and registered version 6.65 I believe. Today I downloaded 7.03 separately, rather than following the upgrade flow in the 6.65 version, and now neither thinks I am licensed. If I open it and hit register on the 'If you already have a license, just click here' it says 'No license file found on this machine' even though the Pinball Browser .xml file clearly shows my license string in it.

No worries, I thought, I'll just close the dialog box and hit License and put in the information again. Interestingly when that dialog opens the Token Id, License Key and the right Contrubtor Name are all populated, along with my registered email address. But when I hit register it says 'No license found.'

Not sure what I did wrong but some advice would be great. I'm a little bummed that I just donated 2.5 months ago and now can't use either the original version or the new one.

#3746 3 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

Is there a simple fix for a license issue? I donated $20 on Feb 3 and registered version 6.65 I believe. Today I downloaded 7.03 separately, rather than following the upgrade flow in the 6.65 version, and now neither thinks I am licensed. If I open it and hit register on the 'If you already have a license, just click here' it says 'No license file found on this machine' even though the Pinball Browser .xml file clearly shows my license string in it.
No worries, I thought, I'll just close the dialog box and hit License and put in the information again. Interestingly when that dialog opens the Token Id, License Key and the right Contrubtor Name are all populated, along with my registered email address. But when I hit register it says 'No license found.'
Not sure what I did wrong but some advice would be great. I'm a little bummed that I just donated 2.5 months ago and now can't use either the original version or the new one.

Just email oga83 - he responds fast

#3747 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just email oga83 - he responds fast

Good advice, I don't know why I didn't just PM him in the first place. He already reached out to me asking for the info he needed to fix it, pretty awesome.

I also had a feature idea for you oga83, curious what you think.

Have you considered adding CLI (command line) support to Pinball Browser? I ask because I think it could be pretty straightforward to do and would allow users to easily distribute something like 'mod packs' for a given firmware without having to redistribute the entire giant SD image file.

Basically the way it would work is that you could tell PB to take a specific modification action against an SD card image file from the command line. For example, replacing a given sound file in a firmware SD image with one that you would provide in the mod pack as a .wav or .mp3 or whatever, like:

>Pinball-Browser replaceSound -f jurassic_park_pro-1_01_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw -i welcome_to_jp.wav -l 0xA05

You could then as a modder easily make these mod packs as essentially a .bat file with a list of PB CLI commands that you could zip up along with whatever new assets you were using, and then share on MEGA or whatever. And for the modders it would be nice because updating their mods to new firmwares would be as simple as making sure the various script locations were the same, possibly making minor tweaks to their mod script, and redistributing (or letting people know the script continues to work as-is on the new firmware).

You'd specify which version of a given table's firmware the mod pack worked with. Then a pinsider could download the .zip, grab the matching firmware image, and simply unzip the mod pack to a directory, put the firmware in it, and run the batch file to convert the stock firmware into the modified one.

Forgive me if there is a simple way to do this already. I was just thinking of how I would distribute a modified JP2 firmware without it being a huge download, and the best I could come up with was a generic .IPS patcher app and an IPS patch, but then 1) you have to tell people which IPS patcher to d/l since many don't work with huge files and 2) downloaders could use it without being licensed users of PB themselves which I'd view as a negative.

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from modsbox:

Good advice, I don't know why I didn't just PM him in the first place. He already reached out to me asking for the info he needed to fix it, pretty awesome

This should be fixed by now.

Quoted from modsbox:

Have you considered adding CLI (command line) support to Pinball Browser?

Macros should do the trick.
Each action you make in PB is added to the macro list, which in fact is a kind of script that can be modified by hand.
Macros can be run over a stock firmware. There are primarly meant to prevent copyrighted binaries from being shared or distributed.
The issue with CLI commands is that each command would restart PB, and thus, the firmware would be analysed again, which takes some time.

#3749 3 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This should be fixed by now.

Macros should do the trick.
Each action you make in PB is added to the macro list, which in fact is a kind of script that can be modified by hand.
Macros can be run over a stock firmware. There are primarly meant to prevent copyrighted binaries from being shared or distributed.
The issue with CLI commands is that each command would restart PB, and thus, the firmware would be analysed again, which takes some time.

Any suggestions on fixing this problem, at 20 seconds. Gap between Request 214 and 215 in AC/DC. Thanks.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7te9uk

#3750 3 years ago

Which songs you replaced those two requests with?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
Wanted
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 5,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.