5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 112.
#3551 4 years ago

I like your edits for the Star Wars videos @fooflighter! Can you make some custom videos for Jurassic Park too?

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Request 201 is the game over music

Thanks very much. If I replace the track, what happens if the replacement track is longer? As this track fades out, will it matter?

#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks very much. If I replace the track, what happens if the replacement track is longer? As this track fades out, will it matter?

I’m a novice at this too, but I believe a recent changelog confirmed that PinballBrowser automatically trims the track, so it will just cut off

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Game over track lasts 4 minutes, 48 seconds and 642 miliseconds. If you try to import track that lasts longer than 4 minutes and 48 seconds, it will be cut in order to be 4 minutes, 48 seconds and 642 miliseconds. Duration of music can't be changed in Pinball browser

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m a novice at this too, but I believe a recent changelog confirmed that PinballBrowser automatically trims the track, so it will just cut off

Yeah, if track you use to change music is longer than original, it will be cut to be same duration as original song

#3556 4 years ago

Yeah, if track you use to change music is longer than original, it will be cut to be same duration as original song

Thanks for the reply. So if I reduce song to be a lot shorter, it should work fine? I find songs after the game ends are better shorter so the music doesn’t bother others playing different games.

#3557 4 years ago

If you import track that lasts less than Game over track (4 minutes), there will no be music for remaining time. When you import track, you can also set start and end of track

#3558 4 years ago

I made a 2nd sd card with alternate music for my Iron Maiden a while back. Can someone point me toward how to find the images of the song titles? Thx

#3559 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I made a 2nd sd card with alternate music for my Iron Maiden a while back. Can someone point me toward how to find the images of the song titles? Thx

I'll check now for you

#3560 4 years ago

Vader77 I just finished browsing all videos on Iron Maiden Pro 1.06, but I unfortunately didn't find video that says name of song
There are song names in messages tab, but unfortunately not in videos tab

#3561 4 years ago

Thanks for looking! They are stationary images much like wheels in front ends with videos behind them. Maybe there could/needs to be a tab for those?

#3562 4 years ago

I agree, there should be a separate tab for song title images

#3563 4 years ago

I like your edits for the Star Wars videos fooflighter! Can you make some custom videos for Jurassic Park too?

I probably could but the style clash would be too apparant. Although come to think of it...I really don't like the missle shot missed or shoot again vids...

Let me look at it at see what i can come up with

You may have just given me a new project

#3564 4 years ago

Nice! If you need any ideas about replacing shoot again or missile shot missed videos, I have an idea for you

#3565 4 years ago

Nice! If you need any ideas about replacing shoot again or missile shot missed videos, I have an idea for you

I have a little bit of and idea but I'm all ears

#3566 4 years ago

Okay, so if I were you, and when I would customize Shoot again video on Stern's JP, I would import Ball Save animation, but when ancelosaur kicks the ball with his tail at the screen, when screen is about to crack, instead of that, SHOOT AGAIN letters will appear (I would draw them in paint)
I don't have any ideas about Missile Shot missed video. I have never seen that video. Which script in PB is Missile missed video?

#3567 4 years ago

Okay, so if I were you, and when I would customize Shoot again video on Stern's JP, I would import Ball Save animation, but when ancelosaur kicks the ball with his tail at the screen, when screen is about to crack, instead of that, SHOOT AGAIN letters will appear (I would draw them in paint)
I don't have any ideas about Missile Shot missed video. I have never seen that video. Which script in PB is Missile missed video?

Cool, I honestly haven't opened up JP in pinbrowser so I'll have to search, don't know if missle vid is buried in there...

I'll take a look at the ball save animation also..I have a number of things i can add effects, sounds, overlays, particles so I'll try to come up with something

#3568 4 years ago

Nice
0xF0 script is Ball Save animation

#3569 4 years ago

Thank you!

#3570 4 years ago

No problem!

#3571 4 years ago

Found the missle shot missed, it's 0x42, the first part is awesome, just dislike the fuzzy screen shot missed portion...i think i can fix it

#3572 4 years ago

Thank you!

#3573 4 years ago

Is that clip one where helicopter drives off with dinosaur trapped inside box? Because for me, 0x42 script in JP is with helicopter

#3574 4 years ago

I made some changes to Metallica, including editing of some text on one of the screens as a joke. The problem is that screen is no longer in color on my ColorDMD. It's just yellow, which I think might be the default or something.

Anyway know how to fix that issue?

#3575 4 years ago

Is that clip one where helicopter drives off with dinosaur trapped inside box? Because for me, 0x42 script in JP is with
helicopter

I just downloaded the SD image from stern's site and I'm using that with the browser, it is the latest version..here's a screenshot of the vid and location

miss (resized).JPGmiss (resized).JPG
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3576 4 years ago

I'm using the Premium SD - not sure if that matters on location - it may

#3577 4 years ago

Request 201 is the game over music

So I replaced Request 201 and it did work ok. But the track is starting from the middle of the song and it only plays for about 10 seconds. Request 201 is show a total time of 5 mins 59 secs. I think it is actually playing Request 200. Thanks.

#3578 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just downloaded the SD image from stern's site and I'm using that with the browser, it is the latest version..here's a screenshot of the vid and location[quoted image]

Oh, I was using .spk, and that's why my 0x42 script was different video
I'll download sd card too
BTW, is 0xF0 video script on sd card a ball saved animation? It should be ancelosaur kicking the ball at camera, then camera cracks, and says "Ball saved"
Now I know scripts for .spk and sd are different, I'm not sure if 0xF0 on .raw sd card is ball save

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

So I replaced Request 201 and it did work ok. But the track is starting from the middle of the song and it only plays for about 10 seconds. Request 201 is show a total time of 5 mins 59 secs. I think it is actually playing Request 200. Thanks.

I just checked AC/DC code, and request 200 is 5 minutes long, yeah

#3580 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just downloaded the SD image from stern's site and I'm using that with the browser, it is the latest version..here's a screenshot of the vid and location[quoted image]

I just tried JP Pro SD Card, and 0x42 is Missle Shot Missed for me too
I found out that 0xF0 is not ball saved animation
I'll find video script for Ball saved now

EDIT: 0x11B is the Ball Saved video in sd card file
bandicam 2020-04-05 00-16-36-011 (resized).jpgbandicam 2020-04-05 00-16-36-011 (resized).jpgbandicam 2020-04-05 00-16-51-710 (resized).jpgbandicam 2020-04-05 00-16-51-710 (resized).jpg

#3581 4 years ago

I was just making a post and my internet went out I've got all the locations for the videos right now I'm comparing those with the time signatures for the audio files... I'll post more when I can... Corona virus got my Fiber line

#3582 4 years ago

**Update. I have the link working now.
Sorry it didn't have shared address rights.
It should work now!!

Playing with the ball save and missle vids....

I made the ball hitting the glass sound more distinctive compared to the original

For the missle shot miss, instead of the white static, messing around with something new..

Still works in progress but it's fun to play around with.

#3583 4 years ago

I just opened link, and for some reason, it says that owner didn't give me a permission to see link
My gmail is [email protected] . Can you approve my request for permission?

#3584 4 years ago

I just opened link, and for some reason, it says that owner didn't give me a permission to see link
My gmail is [email protected] . Can you approve my request for permission?

Sorry, it defaulted to link sharing off, it should be okay now!

#3585 4 years ago

It's ok, it's good now

#3586 4 years ago

Great edits!

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Here are the Song locations and length for each machine that you would need to change.
When you change this one file it does all the little snippets as well.

AC/DC Pro

214 War Machine 3:07

I am looking to replace War Machine on my AC/DC Pro. As Request 214 only plays 7 seconds of the song and then Request 215 plays, do I need to replace 214 and 215 or just 214? If I replace 215 as well, do I need to delete the first 7 seconds as this part already plays in 214 first?

Currently I have replaced 214 and 215 both with the full song. The game will repeat the first 7 seconds of the track over and over again. Then once the ball is shot, it plays 215. Thanks for the help! Jim

#3588 4 years ago

Pinball Browser supporters,

I have some bad news. A couple days ago, Stern made some modifications to stop Pinball Browser from working. Again.

These modifications have clearly no other goal than that, and have no benefit for the user.

The nature of the changes are technical. New encoding techniques, changing how sound files work...actions that are specifically designed to make it difficult to modify a game. None of these changes are for the benefit of the owner of the game.

Stern is spending significant developer time on keeping their customers from modifying their games. Looking at these changes they've made, I'm actually surprised this is their focus, rather than features and game code updates that the players of the games really care about. From a risk/reward standpoint, they are also increasing the risk of introducing bugs in the code with no reward for it.

I still don't understand why they want so badly to stop PB.

I'm not their enemy, I've only played fair with them. I've always discouraged or made it difficult for copyrighted materials to be shared or distributed. I've never included functions to change things like the regional limitations (US/EU), to reset the lifetime audits, change the game rules or other things like that...

It is clear that it's easier for them to throw sand in the wheels of PB than for me to keep PB working. That must be their goal.

I have to warn you all that one day will come where it won't be possible to adjust PB and you won't be able to customize your games anymore. To prevent that, I suggest that all of you write to Stern about this unnecessary actions against PB. I would like to work with them! At a minimum, I need to understand what their issue is with a customer modifying their own machine. If a person buys a Ford, does Ford make all the bolts in the car tamperproof so you can't swap out a part? Is there some licensing issue that we don't understand?

Hopefully, they will engage directly with us on this.

#3589 4 years ago

If you said that we won't be able to customize our games anymore, does that mean we won't be able to open PB at all?

#3590 4 years ago

Crap, does this mean that if they do any software updates they will cease to function with PB browser?

I'm not distributing this for sale...How is this any different than modding my machine?

#3591 4 years ago

We all have to message Stern about their unnecessery versus Pinball Browser. That way, maybe we'll manage to continue PB to work

#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Crap, does this mean that if they do any software updates they will cease to function with PB browser?
I'm not distributing this for sale...How is this any different than modding my machine?

Yeah, every time they release new code version, they implement changes so we can't modify the code

#3593 4 years ago

Just updated my missed shot vid and put a better quality save

#3594 4 years ago

Great!

#3595 4 years ago

Really Hope they don't stop functionality of Pinball Browser

This is nothing more than a mod, and I'm not reselling these assets

#3596 4 years ago

Great video!
I can't wait to see Shoot again custom video!

#3597 4 years ago

Once I'm done, you can PM me for the files if you'd like them for use with Pinball Browser

#3598 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Really Hope they don't stop functionality of Pinball Browser

I also hope they won't quit Pinball Browser. PB is great software

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Once I'm done, you can PM me for the files if you'd like them for use with Pinball Browser

Sure!
Tell me when you are done, so I can PM you

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I have to warn you all that one day will come where it won't be possible to adjust PB and you won't be able to customize your games anymore. To prevent that, I suggest that
all of you write to Stern
about this unnecessary actions against PB. I would like to work with them! At a minimum, I need to understand what their issue is with a customer modifying their own machine. If a person buys a Ford, does Ford make all the bolts in the car tamperproof so you can't swap out a part? Is there some licensing issue that we don't understand?
Hopefully, they will engage directly with us on this.

Suspect it's a licensing issue.

Some IP owners require the licensees to take all action to protect and secure IP such that the product is only the approved product and can't be modified or that any artefacts they provide are kept secure, it could be this makes them take this action.

Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/72?hl=pinballjah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.