1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 112.
#3501 4 years ago

Aaaaah, ok
I understand

#3502 4 years ago

oga83 I know it was once asked if anyone was interested in changing DMD frames on whitestar games. Is there still plans to do that?

#3503 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

oga83 I know it was once asked if anyone was interested in changing DMD frames on whitestar games. Is there still plans to do that?

toyotaboy
Not in the near future.
When I started to work on Whitestar firmwares, I made a poll to see in what people were interested (the poll is here).
Based on the results, I implemented the possibility to replace sounds in these firmwares.
But since then, I haven't seen any project with customized sounds.
Moreover, this is difficult to acheive because the frames are compressed and a modified one is not guaranteed to fit in the roms.
And I still have a lot of work on modern games !

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

And I still have a lot of work on modern games !

Great! On which games you are working on?

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Moreover, this is difficult to acheive because the frames are compressed and a modified one is not guaranteed to fit in the roms

That's enough for me to not want to even attempt then.

#3506 4 years ago

Couple more Newb Newb questions:

- If changing songs on Iron Maiden, Can I just edit the Spike update file (ie. Ironmaiden 1.06.spk ?) and then update by USB, Or do I need to edit the original raw code and put it on a SD card
- When changing songs, in the browser there are usually 2 different lines for each song, and underneath sometimes a couple of "fragments". Do I just update one of the lines for a particular song, and just ignore the fragment lines and just select the header?
- Can you edit the Song select graphics on Iron Maiden?

(if that makes any sense).

#3507 4 years ago

0x15CF Sound script in Elvira's house of horrors says that it lasts 21 seconds, but when I open it, it's silence

#3508 4 years ago

Version 7.03 is awesome, no more blank/false video in the list. Great job!

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Couple more Newb Newb questions:
- If changing songs on Iron Maiden, Can I just edit the Spike update file (ie. Ironmaiden 1.06.spk ?) and then update by USB, Or do I need to edit the original raw code and put it on a SD card
- When changing songs, in the browser there are usually 2 different lines for each song, and underneath sometimes a couple of "fragments". Do I just update one of the lines for a particular song, and just ignore the fragment lines and just select the header?
(if that makes any sense).

same question... anyone?

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can I just edit the Spike update file (ie. Ironmaiden 1.06.spk ?) and then update by USB, Or do I need to edit the original raw code and put it on a SD card

Quoted from pinballsteph:

same question... anyone?

Read the FAQ (linked at the top of every page in this thread, post 1882). You'll find the section after, "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" particularly relevant.

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:Read the FAQ (linked at the top of every page in this thread, post 1882). You'll find the section after, "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" particularly relevant.

***** I’m still not clear on this....guess I’ll do some trial an error.

**** Cant see an answer to this.

#3512 4 years ago

New v7.03 wont open my Batman66 firmware. It gets about 90% processed then just hangs. Reinstalled v7.03 twice with the same problem. v7.02 opens it fine.

#3513 4 years ago

Try with sd card image

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Try with sd card image

I am using the SD

#3515 4 years ago

Try to redownload sd card image

#3516 4 years ago

oga83 will probably soon release version that can open Batman 66 firmware

#3517 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

New v7.03 wont open my Batman66 firmware. It gets about 90% processed then just hangs.

My best guess is that v7.03 takes much more time to find all the videos (some of them were missing in previous versions).

#3518 4 years ago

@oga83 are you able to open Batman 66 with Pinball browser?

#3519 4 years ago

Has anyone tried using a MicroSD card with an adapter in a Spike2 game? I have a ton of those around, but can't find a standard size SD card.

#3520 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

My best guess is that v7.03 takes much more time to find all the videos (some of them were missing in previous versions).

I waited about 15 min each time I tried. I'll give it another go.

#3521 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anyone tried using a MicroSD card with an adapter in a Spike2 game? I have a ton of those around, but can't find a standard size SD card.

Should be fine. The device has no way to tell what form factor the memory it’s accessing has. As long as you can get the pin-out to match any memory should work.

#3522 4 years ago

Took about 20 min but BM66 firmware finally opened!

#3523 4 years ago

@oga83 are you able to open Batman 66 with Pinball browser?

Yes, and as I said, it takes much longer than with previous versions.
This is because PB has to make some deep analysis on video files.
This will be improved in the future but there's a lot of work to do for this.
In the meantime, I'll probably add an option to disable this deep analysis.

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'll probably add an option to disable this deep analysis.

Nice!

#3525 4 years ago

I have been having a blast with this!

Do you think it would be possible to add an option to "export to csv"? In trying to replace video files, it would be nice to get an output of the all of the file names (e.g., "video-0x0000") and the number of frames and for sound files, all of the file names and length of clips. I replaced all the video files in my Beatles and did it manually to catalog, which was time consuming. I suppose you'd have no reference for *what* the clip was, but I would still find it useful.

#3526 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes i have this setup. I haven't seen any differnence. On munsters with an 8GB SD image i am using a 16GB MicroSD card. Of course the speed settings of the Card should be good.

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes i have this setup. I haven't seen any differnence. On munsters with an 8GB SD image i am using a 16GB MicroSD card. Of course the speed settings of the Card should be good.

Thank you for the confirmation! There's my other problem - I think some of my cards are the super cheap ones which use compression, so I'll have to test them out.

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thank you for the confirmation! There's my other problem - I think some of my cards are the super cheap ones which use compression, so I'll have to test them out.

i am not sure what will happen. But my guess is when they get too slow you will get hickups while playing. Videos and Sounds will not play properly and so on.
But then then you know to change the Card

#3529 4 years ago

Is anyone else missing certain sound requests using the new v7 on latest stern spike2 images. I am making some changes to BK SOR and i don't see all the sound requests i was expecting. I can see all the sound scripts, but seems a lot of the sound requests for regular speech are missing right now?? So its hard to know which of the sound scripts are the ones in use.

#3530 4 years ago

Made a new Ball Save for Luke!!!!

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE VIDEO

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Omxh4yrjg-bI_TIQgO_mYHWdrdXmfKxJ/view?usp=sharing

sneak.JPGsneak.JPG

#3531 4 years ago

Nice video @fooflighter!

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Made a new Ball Save for Luke!!!!
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE VIDEO
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Omxh4yrjg-bI_TIQgO_mYHWdrdXmfKxJ/view?usp=sharing
[quoted image]

I'm still not having any luck replacing videos. Are you guys making sure the replacement video has the exact number of frames, bitrate etc? If so how are you accomplishing this? With Windows video editor and Handbrake I can only get so close. It's close but not exact. When I load the code my machine goes into a "game restarting" loop.

#3533 4 years ago

Hi oga83
Can you update Pinball Browser to 7.04 version? On current version (7.03), all sounds for Stranger things are empty
Stranger things empty sounds (resized).jpgStranger things empty sounds (resized).jpg

#3534 4 years ago

I'm still not having any luck replacing videos. Are you guys making sure the replacement video has the exact number of frames, bitrate etc? If so how are you accomplishing this. With Windows video editor and Handbrake I can only get so close. It's close but not exact. When I load the code my machine goes into a "game restarting" loop.

What image are you trying to modify?
what i did was trying to copy as much details as i could. Codec, Length, Frames per Second and the size.
The exported files for munsters had resolution of 1360x768 and some 30fps others 60fps.
As codec they used H.264 so i tried to copy this settings too.
I did not check the frames in total, or the last ms seconds for the lenght of the movies.

Do you get the reboot while playing or while first load?

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

What image are you trying to modify?
what i did was trying to copy as much details as i could. Codec, Length, Frames per Second and the size.
The exported files for munsters had resolution of 1360x768 and some 30fps others 60fps.
As codec they used H.264 so i tried to copy this settings too.
I did not check the frames in total, or the last ms seconds for the lenght of the movies.
Do you get the reboot while playing or while first load?

When I put my modified SD card into the machine and flip it on the game goes into a continuous "game restarting" loop.

I'm trying to replace a 10 sec clip that's only used in attract mode. It shows Batman and Robin jumping into the Batmobile and taking off. The last 2 sec of the clip shows the turbine on the Batmobile igniting. I just want to replace those last 2 sec with a video showing flames shooting out of the turbine and not just "smoke". I exported the original clip and the updated clip that I want to use. Both from the Stern code. Heres what I did.

-Used Windows 10 video editor to trim the 2 sec off the original clip.
-Used same editor to grab 2 sec off the second clip. Then joined both videos together. Playback shows the video and speed playing perfect.
-Then I used Handbrake to properly size the video to the original Stern resolution of 800x602. I also changed the bitrate and framerate to match the original clip as close as possible. Exported and saved the clip.

When I import the clip into the code the video plays way too slow in PB. I tried to load it into the game but the game wont boot.

#3536 4 years ago

When I put my modified SD card into the machine and flip it on the game goes into a continuous "game restarting" loop.
I'm trying to replace a 10 sec clip that's only used in attract mode. It shows Batman and Robin jumping into the Batmobile and taking off. The last 2 sec of the clip shows the turbine on the Batmobile igniting. I just want to replace those last 2 sec with a video showing flames shooting out of the turbine and not just "smoke". I exported the original clip and the updated clip that I want to use. Both from the Stern code. Heres what I did.
-Used Windows 10 video editor to trim the 2 sec off the original clip.
-Used same editor to grab 2 sec off the second clip. Then joined both videos together. Playback shows the video and speed playing perfect.
-Then I used Handbrake to properly size the video to the original Stern resolution of 800x602. I also changed the bitrate and framerate to match the original clip as close as possible. Exported and saved the clip.
When I import the clip into the code the video plays way too slow in PB. I tried to load it into the game but the game wont boot.

have you bookmarked and synched the video you want to change?

#3537 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

have you bookmarked and synched the video you want to change?

Sync the video? Newbie to video stuff

#3538 4 years ago

I'm still not having any luck replacing videos. Are you guys making sure the replacement video has the exact number of frames, bitrate etc? If so how are you accomplishing this. With Windows video editor and Handbrake I can only get so close. It's close but not exact. When I load the code my machine goes into a "game restarting" loop.

i just downloaded batman, what an big image, it took it's time opening, guess 2-3Minutes.
i replaced the video 0x7D1 a video with 800x600 23,976FPS 5s clip.
The changed video plays in Pinball Browser at normal speed, no prolems there. The replacing video has the specs from above a minion clip.

#3539 4 years ago

Sync the video? Newbie to video stuff

you can give the Videos Names and save them the little star right to field. next to it is button to upload the Bookmarks, that others can use them too.
If could have seen what video you are talking about, but maybe you can just give me the 0x Number?

#3540 4 years ago

Hi oga83
Can you update Pinball Browser to 7.04 version? On current version (7.03), all sounds for Stranger things are empty
[quoted image]

I can confirm .87 Stranger Things Sounds don't work again in 7.03. I really wish they would just leave it alone, seems like a waste of company time to try and keep locking us out

#3541 4 years ago

Stern strikes again....

#3542 4 years ago

Stern just recently released new code for Iron Man, and PB can play its sounds. They also recently released new code for Stranger Things, and PB can't play its sounds. For some reason, Stern is implementing changes only on Spike2 games

#3543 4 years ago

Is it possible to access the image/screen surrounding the videos? I couldn't find it in the videos themselves, but maybe I missed them. Does anyone know if the "score screen" is stored outside of the videos list?

I"m trying to replace the Beatles' heads like I did in the Game Over animation

MVIMG_20200403_072428 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200403_072428 (resized).jpgIMG_20200403_075050_724 (resized).jpgIMG_20200403_075050_724 (resized).jpg
#3544 4 years ago

When opening the new pinball browser I am prompted to download 'ffmpeg.exe' or 'ffprobe.exe' and copy to the pinball browser directory. Not sure how to do this. I have tried a few things, without any success.

Not sure where I am going wrong.

This is what I have so far. Can someone help me with this? Thank you.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#3545 4 years ago

You need to have both ffmpeg and ffprobe in Pinball Browser Directory. I think it doesn't require ffplay, but I recommend you should download it. I did same

#3546 4 years ago

You need to have both ffmpeg and ffprobe in Pinball Browser Directory. I think it doesn't require ffplay, but I recommend you should download it. I did same

That's where I went wrong, I did not have both files, only one. Working now. Thanks for your help !!!

#3547 4 years ago

No problem!

#3548 4 years ago

For AC/DC Pro, does anyone know the Request Number to replace the song that plays after the game ends? Thanks for the help!

#3549 4 years ago

Request 201 is the game over music

#3550 4 years ago

Okay, done and finally completely happy with my edits.

Here's a link to all the changes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yU2boWEzHXygV9gC3Fq7-SDgICAbRjEW
screen.JPGscreen.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.