1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 112.
#3351 4 years ago

It's the same with Stranger Things v0.81:

Sans titre2 (resized).pngSans titre2 (resized).png
#3352 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The "sounds" section of the v0.97 game code of JP2 can't be opened in Pinball Browser 6.65:
[quoted image]

Nooo! Why would Nedry do this?!

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's the same with Stranger Things v0.81:[quoted image]

Yup, confirmed here too Hope oga83 can come up with a patch.

#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The "sounds" section of the v0.97 game code of JP2 can't be opened in Pinball Browser 6.65

Thanks for pointing this out.
It's because of this :
Script Version (resized).pngScript Version (resized).png
There is a new script version in this firmware that is not (yet) compatible with Pinball Browser. As a result, Pinball Browser thinks this firmware is using v3-scripts instead of the new v6-scripts.
Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a big modification (to allow video replacement into Spike2 firmwares) and I can't easily fix it until it's completed.

#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks for pointing this out.
It's because of this :
[quoted image]
There is a new script version in this firmware that is not (yet) compatible with Pinball Browser. As a result, Pinball Browser thinks this firmware is using v3-scripts instead of the new v6-scripts.
Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a big modification (to allow video replacement into Spike2 firmwares) and I can't easily fix it until it's completed.

Thanks a lot for sharing the progress!

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

So excited to hear this. Is there any advance info you can provide so I can start preparing replacement video clips?
Like optimal ratio, fps, or video format types? I'm assuming just like the song files replacement video needs to be the exact same number of frames.

#3357 4 years ago

hello

how Read/Write/Backup/Restore my high scores on SPIKE with pinball browser ? i lost my scores of my kiss
thanks

#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello
how Read/Write/Backup/Restore my high scores on SPIKE with pinball browser ? i lost my scores of my kiss
thanks

Sorry, you can't do it, yet.

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The "sounds" section of the v0.97 game code of JP2 can't be opened in Pinball Browser 6.65

I've spent some time on this issue this week-end.
I'm glad to say that it has been solved
It will be available in the next release but be patient, I'm still working on the videos.
pb1 (resized).pngpb1 (resized).png
pb2 (resized).pngpb2 (resized).png

#3360 4 years ago

Video asset editing will be a literal game changer, thanks for all your work!

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It will be available in the next release but be patient, I'm still working on the videos.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That sounds cool. Thanks for your work!

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thank you for all your hard work! I have some audio changes to implement on Stranger Things and am eagerly awaiting your update.

2 weeks later
#3363 4 years ago

Thanks whoever modified Iron man, mine came with shoot to thrill and other custom call outs!

Question? Anyone do an upgrade of Transformers to have music from the original movie and or sounds from the cartoon?

#3364 4 years ago

this app is fantastic

but with the rumours of a new operating system for stern games wondering how this might affect pinball browser.

#3365 4 years ago

Does anyone have a pinball mix for RBION ?

#3366 4 years ago

Just used this to change Met over to Wu-Tang, it's a hit!

IMG_20200130_193422258 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_193422258 (resized).jpg
#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

this app is fantastic
but with the rumours of a new operating system for stern games wondering how this might affect pinball browser.

Hmmm. I wonder if a potential new OS means the end of Spike games literally? I've never been a fan of Spike's disposable technology. Once those Node boards dry up are we screwed? Everything Stern does is to cut costs and rarely benefits the customer. Sorry for the rant.

#3368 4 years ago

Hi there ! before I pay for the licence I wanted to be sure I will be able to extract the videos files (extract, I don't care about repalce)
Thank you

#3369 4 years ago
Quoted from mussinger:

before I pay for the licence I wanted to be sure I will be able to extract the videos files (extract, I don't care about repalce)

No, this won't be possible. Pinbal Browser is meant to customize games by replacing animations, sounds, videos and other stuffs; not extracting them for another use.

#3370 4 years ago

So is possible to extract the sounds but not the videos ?

#3371 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

No, this won't be possible. Pinbal Browser is meant to customize games by
replacing
animations, sounds, videos and other stuffs; not
extracting
them for another use.

I'm a recent purchaser of a Pinball Browser license and this news is surprising. I expected that since you can export sounds you would be able to export videos. More importantly though I think not having that capability makes a lot of of simple changes that users will want to make impossible.

For example, one of the first things I want to do with my Jurassic Park once video support is added is to swap out the far-too-long video that plays when you start a game for another one (likely just the black Jurassic Park video). Or if not that, simply editing that video down to be much shorter. Finally, I can also imagine a number of other scenarios on my machine (and other Stern games) where people may wish to switch the video that plays when a certain event occurs for a different one that is already a part of the firmware.

Can you reconsider on not offering this feature? All three of the above scenarios I just mentioned aren't possible without export support, yet trivial to do with it. I suppose approximation of some of it could be done by offering re-linking (pointing an event to a different video), but even then that's pretty limiting.

#3372 4 years ago

hi i think the miracle is:

not extracting them for another use

i don't think the software is made for this. My guess here is that the software expects that you own the game. We are still speaking of copyright material. and an Export and use for something different than to import it again into the software is something that may not be legal.
mussinger question was for just an export feature. Maybe some misunderstanding.

#3373 4 years ago

Hi,

How can I remove the 8 missing pixel in upper left corner of each of my modified frame when I used in-frame color with SmartDMD palette?

Thanks!

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from Icemansin:

Hi,
How can I remove the 8 missing pixel in upper left corner of each of my modified frame when I used in-frame color with SmartDMD palette?
Thanks!

you can't using "in frame" coloring. this is not an issue when using the GPIO side channel option.

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you can't using "in frame" coloring. this is not an issue when using the GPIO side channel option.

Thanks a lot j_m_

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

hi i think the miracle is:
not extracting them for another use
i don't think the software is made for this. My guess here is that the software expects that you own the game. We are still speaking of copyright material. and an Export and use for something different than to import it again into the software is something that may not be legal.
mussinger question was for just an export feature. Maybe some misunderstanding.

Ah I see what you're saying. Basically manual export of single videos would likely still be possible, but that there would be no bulk export option. That would be completely fine. I don't think people should be able to bulk rip videos out of a game, but it sure would be nice to be able to take a specific video, edit it, and put it back in. Or to replace a video with another video from the same game/firmware.

One other thought I had is that if there is still some concern about being able to export the video artifacts themselves, adding a feature which allows for exporting them in a non-playable, non editable format of some kind would be a useful option. Users wouldn't be able to edit existing videos from the firmware, but we'd at least be able to easily replace one video with another from the same firmware by exporting it and then re-importing it.

#3377 4 years ago

The game code is stored on an SD card. You can remove that card and access any data on it just like you would any other storage device.

2 weeks later
#3378 4 years ago

Was the new version released to fix the inability to load the Sounds tab in JP2 0.97 and above? I just tried loading the latest 1.0 firmware in PBrowser 6.65 and it just spins upon clicking the Sounds tab. Didn't see a new link here but I could be blind!

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Was the new version released to fix the inability to load the Sounds tab in JP2 0.97 and above? I just tried loading the latest 1.0 firmware in PBrowser 6.65 and it just spins upon clicking the Sounds tab. Didn't see a new link here but I could be blind!

Sadly not yet oga83 wants to implement the ability to replace video along with the sound update (which he said is done).
Waiting eagerly so I can work on Stranger Things.

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

So it's not just me, I have having the same issue as you are. Clicking on the SOUNDS tab the tab does not load its contents and the mouse icon just spins

This is on Elvira LE .92 code.

I'll wait for the new update and I can see that oga83 has some big updates coming thru, thank you for all the work mate.

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

So it's not just me, I have having the same issue as you are. Clicking on the SOUNDS tab the tab does not load its contents and the mouse icon just spins
I'll wait for the new update and I can see that oga83 has some big updates coming thru, thank you for all the work mate.

Correct, the latest code on JP3/Elvira/Stranger Things will not open in the Sounds tab in Pinball Browser.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Correct, the latest code on JP3/Elvira/Stranger Things will not open in the Sounds tab in Pinball Browser.

It's also the same with Black Knight: Sword of Rage.

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sadly not yet oga83 wants to implement the ability to replace video along with the sound update (which he said is done).
Waiting eagerly so I can work on Stranger Things.

Please work on JP...you could knock this game out of the park

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Please work on JP...you could knock this game out of the park

A JP3 Premium is possibly in my future this summer, and I for sure would be looking at that

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Come on Con get this happening we have work to do

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Come on Con get this happening we have work to do

Haha, welcome to the addiction mate : P

#3387 4 years ago

Almost there

Original firmware :
Spike2a (resized).pngSpike2a (resized).png
Import vidéo :
Spike2 (resized).pngSpike2 (resized).png
After :
Spike2b (resized).pngSpike2b (resized).png

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Almost there

Thank you oga83 ! So looking forward to your update.

#3389 4 years ago

Can anyone send me a PM or link to where I can get the original Star Trek v1.61 code as I'm trying to troubleshoot a macro memory error while trying to colorize for my Pin2DMD? Stern only has 1.62 available for download. Or if anyone already has that colorized and is willing to share the bin I'd be most grateful.

#3390 4 years ago

@ Digitaldocc...

Visit the "Internet Archive Wayback Machine" website, search for " Stern Pinball", and then select April 29th 2015 and navigate as you would normally - and then download the required version.

Hope this helps.

Regards...

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The law is bad and needs to go but until it does practically any ‘unauthorized’ access is illegal.
The Computer Fraud and Abuse act is so vague that “whoever... intentionally accesses a computer...exceeds authorized access, and thereby obtains... information from any protected computer” is in violation.
It’s a horrible law. It was used to hound Aaron Swartz to the point of suicide for accessing free information in a systematic way and imprison Weev for automating typing URLs in an unauthorized manner.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weev

Although I agree the DCMA and CFA are awful laws written by individuals who have almost no understanding of computers and the internet... to assign blame for the Swartz and Weev cases is at best, inaccurate and misleading.

Swartz was charged with breaking and entering, and illegally using the MIT network, and Weev irresponsibly (though it could not be proven intentionally) Doxed 100,000 AT&T users when trying to show off in a security vulnerability that he later confessed to not even being part of (other people in his group actually identified it).

Swartz' suicide was extremely unfortunate, but he still shouldn't have been doing what he was doing *in the way he did it*. He wouldn't have been able to have been charged had he hooked up his own device and hidden it (showing intent). Weev is just a nuisance on the internet, not to mention a racist scumbag.

Anyway, the recent right to repair cases against John Deere & Co. will be decided soon, making this whole argument moot.

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from GingerM:

@ Digitaldocc...
Visit the "Internet Archive Wayback Machine" website, search for " Stern Pinball", and then select April 29th 2015 and navigate as you would normally - and then download the required version.
Hope this helps.
Regards...

Worked like a charm. Thank you.

#3393 4 years ago

Hi Oga83,

Can we get an ETA on a new version that we can use to edit sounds on recent firmwares? It’s been months now since your app was usable for this purpose.

If the video support continues to be an issue obviously people can wait, since that isn’t functionality that we’ve ever had before.

But to not be able to change sounds when you yourself have shown via screenshots in this thread that a simple fix made it work fine is kind of rough.

I get that you are excited about the Video support. I think everyone is! But at the moment the most important current feature of your app, replacing sounds, isn’t available on recent firmwares, and hasn’t been for months.

I paid $20 for a license to modify sounds on my Jurassic Park (and did so successfully on 0.95) but I can’t implement those same changes on any of the last several firmwares.

I’m working on writing up open source tools to modify .spks as a result, but your app would definitely be a whole lot easier.

Please give us an updated app that can do the sound mods as soon as you can! We can wait longer on the video if need be.

#3394 4 years ago

modsbox
I understand your frustration but I think you're a little rough on me.

I also think you're hitting the wrong target. You should complain to Stern and ask them to stop adding features whose only goals are to stop Pinball Browser from working.

The sound modification is not a simple fix as you seem to think. New sound "features" have been implemented in the latest firmwares that are only meant to stop Pinball Browser from working. It clearly makes things more complicated for Pinball Browser to locate and decode sounds. You can even try by yourself : using Audacity over an old firmware binaries will probably play some sounds but that is not longer possible with a recent firmware. BTW, modifying the sounds is the biggest challenge with Sam/Spike firmwares. It's even more difficult with firmwares like WPC (but I'm still working on it).

Regarding the videos, you might not be personaly interested in this but many people have been asking to be able to replace them. That's why I started to work on this subject a long time ago. However, this required a huge modification in the way Pinball Browser deals with the firmwares. If you're a developper, you'll understand, that, on Windows, it's not easy to modify a file inside an ext4 filesystem (embedded in a partition (embedded in a disk image)). There is no ready-to-use library for this and I had to write my own c# code. And that took time. Before this modification, Pinball Browser was just "patching" the binaries but that was not enough for videos. The core of Pinball Browser is now so different that it would not have been realistic to modify the old PB version (for sounds) and merge the changes with the new one.

And just a few days after I announced a fix for the JP 0.97 sound issue, JP 1.00 was released... and PB can't open it. Guess what ? it was on purpose. So, my work on the videos is not the only reason why a new version has not been released yet.

On a more general standpoint, I can't guarantee that Pinball Browser will always be compatible with a firmware that is released after it. I just can say that I'll always do my best to update it.

To answer your question, the ETA is in a few days. To speed things up, it will be a Beta version. You can expect a few bugs, but I'll work them out !

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

modsbox
I understand your frustration but I think you're a little rough on me.
I also think you're hitting the wrong target. You should complain to Stern and ask them to stop adding features whose only goals are to stop Pinball Browser from working.
The sound modification is not a simple fix as you seem to think. New sound "features" have been implemented in the latest firmwares that are only meant to stop Pinball Browser from working. It clearly makes things more complicated for Pinball Browser to locate and decode sounds. You can even try by yourself : using Audacity over an old firmware binaries will probably play some sounds but that is not longer possible with a recent firmware. BTW, modifying the sounds is the biggest challenge with Sam/Spike firmwares. It's even more difficult with firmwares like WPC (but I'm still working on it).
Regarding the videos, you might not be personaly interested in this but many people have been asking to be able to replace them. That's why I started to work on this subject a long time ago. However, this required a huge modification in the way Pinball Browser deals with the firmwares. If you're a developper, you'll understand, that, on Windows, it's not easy to modify a file inside an ext4 filesystem (embedded in a partition (embedded in a disk image)). There is no ready-to-use library for this and I had to write my own c# code. And that took time. Before this modification, Pinball Browser was just "patching" the binaries but that was not enough for videos. The core of Pinball Browser is now so different that it would not have been realistic to modify the old PB version (for sounds) and merge the changes with the new one.
And just a few days after I announced a fix for the JP 0.97 sound issue, JP 1.00 was released... and PB can't open it. Guess what ? it was on purpose. So, my work on the videos is not the only reason why a new version has not been released yet.
On a more general standpoint, I can't guarantee that Pinball Browser will always be compatible with a firmware that is released after it. I just can say that I'll always do my best to update it.
To answer your question, the ETA is in a few days. To speed things up, it will be a Beta version. You can expect a few bugs, but I'll work them out !

I'm just happy any of this is possible at all, I'll even gladly update my licence for the new version. I'd be happy to beta-test things for you in the future as well if you have need.

#3396 4 years ago

I knew it! If Stern was smart theyd realize PB is NOT hurting their sales. For example, the deciding factor of my KISS purchase was that I knew I could replace the remake songs with the original versions. If I couldn't I probably wouldnt have made that purchase.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I knew it! If Stern was smart theyd realize PB is NOT hurting their sales. For example, the deciding factor of my KISS purchase was that I knew I could replace the remake songs with the original versions. If I couldn't I probably wouldnt have made that purchase.

I would like to understand why Stern believes this is important. I worked in a licensing-sensitive world long enough to know it's not a threat to their licenses, so what could it be?

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If Stern was smart theyd realize PB is NOT hurting their sales

Who said they’re implementing changes that protect the work of the license holder because they think PB hurts sales? It’s often the case that you’re obligated to protect the IP you’ve licensed.

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Who said they’re implementing changes that protect the work of the license holder because they think PB hurts sales? It’s often the case that you’re obligated to protect the IP you’ve licensed.

True, but that's to protect specifically for distribution. That's not this situation, particularly since PB prevents that.

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

A JP3 Premium is possibly in my future this summer, and I for sure would be looking at that

That's what I'm talking about

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

15,699 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/68?hl=vonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.