• 3,377 posts
  • 539 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 663 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 288 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200130_193422258 (resized).jpg
pb2 (resized).png
pb1 (resized).png
Script Version (resized).png
Sans titre2 (resized).png
Sans titre (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
compressed (resized).JPG
ball save (resized).JPG
smartdmd-txt (resized).JPG
6 (resized).png
5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
ehoh2 (resized).png
Elvira (resized).png
ehoh (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3377 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 68.
#3351 36 days ago

It's the same with Stranger Things v0.81:

Sans titre2 (resized).png
#3352 36 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The "sounds" section of the v0.97 game code of JP2 can't be opened in Pinball Browser 6.65:
[quoted image]

Nooo! Why would Nedry do this?!

#3353 35 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's the same with Stranger Things v0.81:[quoted image]

Yup, confirmed here too Hope oga83 can come up with a patch.

#3354 34 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The "sounds" section of the v0.97 game code of JP2 can't be opened in Pinball Browser 6.65

Thanks for pointing this out.
It's because of this :
Script Version (resized).png
There is a new script version in this firmware that is not (yet) compatible with Pinball Browser. As a result, Pinball Browser thinks this firmware is using v3-scripts instead of the new v6-scripts.
Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a big modification (to allow video replacement into Spike2 firmwares) and I can't easily fix it until it's completed.

#3355 34 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks for pointing this out.
It's because of this :
[quoted image]
There is a new script version in this firmware that is not (yet) compatible with Pinball Browser. As a result, Pinball Browser thinks this firmware is using v3-scripts instead of the new v6-scripts.
Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a big modification (to allow video replacement into Spike2 firmwares) and I can't easily fix it until it's completed.

Thanks a lot for sharing the progress!

#3356 34 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

So excited to hear this. Is there any advance info you can provide so I can start preparing replacement video clips?
Like optimal ratio, fps, or video format types? I'm assuming just like the song files replacement video needs to be the exact same number of frames.

#3357 32 days ago

hello

how Read/Write/Backup/Restore my high scores on SPIKE with pinball browser ? i lost my scores of my kiss
thanks

#3358 27 days ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello
how Read/Write/Backup/Restore my high scores on SPIKE with pinball browser ? i lost my scores of my kiss
thanks

Sorry, you can't do it, yet.

#3359 27 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The "sounds" section of the v0.97 game code of JP2 can't be opened in Pinball Browser 6.65

I've spent some time on this issue this week-end.
I'm glad to say that it has been solved
It will be available in the next release but be patient, I'm still working on the videos.
pb1 (resized).png
pb2 (resized).png

#3360 27 days ago

Video asset editing will be a literal game changer, thanks for all your work!

#3361 27 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

It will be available in the next release but be patient, I'm still working on the videos.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That sounds cool. Thanks for your work!

#3362 27 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thank you for all your hard work! I have some audio changes to implement on Stranger Things and am eagerly awaiting your update.

2 weeks later
#3363 11 days ago

Thanks whoever modified Iron man, mine came with shoot to thrill and other custom call outs!

Question? Anyone do an upgrade of Transformers to have music from the original movie and or sounds from the cartoon?

#3364 11 days ago

this app is fantastic

but with the rumours of a new operating system for stern games wondering how this might affect pinball browser.

#3365 10 days ago

Does anyone have a pinball mix for RBION ?

#3366 10 days ago

Just used this to change Met over to Wu-Tang, it's a hit!

IMG_20200130_193422258 (resized).jpg
#3367 7 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

this app is fantastic
but with the rumours of a new operating system for stern games wondering how this might affect pinball browser.

Hmmm. I wonder if a potential new OS means the end of Spike games literally? I've never been a fan of Spike's disposable technology. Once those Node boards dry up are we screwed? Everything Stern does is to cut costs and rarely benefits the customer. Sorry for the rant.

#3368 6 days ago

Hi there ! before I pay for the licence I wanted to be sure I will be able to extract the videos files (extract, I don't care about repalce)
Thank you

#3369 6 days ago
Quoted from mussinger:

before I pay for the licence I wanted to be sure I will be able to extract the videos files (extract, I don't care about repalce)

No, this won't be possible. Pinbal Browser is meant to customize games by replacing animations, sounds, videos and other stuffs; not extracting them for another use.

#3370 6 days ago

So is possible to extract the sounds but not the videos ?

#3371 6 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

No, this won't be possible. Pinbal Browser is meant to customize games by
replacing
animations, sounds, videos and other stuffs; not
extracting
them for another use.

I'm a recent purchaser of a Pinball Browser license and this news is surprising. I expected that since you can export sounds you would be able to export videos. More importantly though I think not having that capability makes a lot of of simple changes that users will want to make impossible.

For example, one of the first things I want to do with my Jurassic Park once video support is added is to swap out the far-too-long video that plays when you start a game for another one (likely just the black Jurassic Park video). Or if not that, simply editing that video down to be much shorter. Finally, I can also imagine a number of other scenarios on my machine (and other Stern games) where people may wish to switch the video that plays when a certain event occurs for a different one that is already a part of the firmware.

Can you reconsider on not offering this feature? All three of the above scenarios I just mentioned aren't possible without export support, yet trivial to do with it. I suppose approximation of some of it could be done by offering re-linking (pointing an event to a different video), but even then that's pretty limiting.

#3372 6 days ago

hi i think the miracle is:

not extracting them for another use

i don't think the software is made for this. My guess here is that the software expects that you own the game. We are still speaking of copyright material. and an Export and use for something different than to import it again into the software is something that may not be legal.
mussinger question was for just an export feature. Maybe some misunderstanding.

#3373 5 days ago

Hi,

How can I remove the 8 missing pixel in upper left corner of each of my modified frame when I used in-frame color with SmartDMD palette?

Thanks!

#3374 5 days ago
Quoted from Icemansin:

Hi,
How can I remove the 8 missing pixel in upper left corner of each of my modified frame when I used in-frame color with SmartDMD palette?
Thanks!

you can't using "in frame" coloring. this is not an issue when using the GPIO side channel option.

#3375 5 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you can't using "in frame" coloring. this is not an issue when using the GPIO side channel option.

Thanks a lot j_m_

#3376 5 days ago
Quoted from cabal:

hi i think the miracle is:
not extracting them for another use
i don't think the software is made for this. My guess here is that the software expects that you own the game. We are still speaking of copyright material. and an Export and use for something different than to import it again into the software is something that may not be legal.
mussinger question was for just an export feature. Maybe some misunderstanding.

Ah I see what you're saying. Basically manual export of single videos would likely still be possible, but that there would be no bulk export option. That would be completely fine. I don't think people should be able to bulk rip videos out of a game, but it sure would be nice to be able to take a specific video, edit it, and put it back in. Or to replace a video with another video from the same game/firmware.

One other thought I had is that if there is still some concern about being able to export the video artifacts themselves, adding a feature which allows for exporting them in a non-playable, non editable format of some kind would be a useful option. Users wouldn't be able to edit existing videos from the firmware, but we'd at least be able to easily replace one video with another from the same firmware by exporting it and then re-importing it.

#3377 5 days ago

The game code is stored on an SD card. You can remove that card and access any data on it just like you would any other storage device.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Toms River, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3377 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside