5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 112.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Do you still need to change songs in audacity to mono or can they stay in stereo now?

No, this is not needed

#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Great! Do you think that you could fix it?

Yes, in a future version. The objets that are not videos will be removed from the list
Until then, just click on "Continue" when you get this error.

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes, in a future version. The objets that are not videos will be removed from the list

Thanks

#3304 4 years ago

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the pinball browser but I keep running into an issue and I was hoping someone could offer an idea. I'm trying to modify firmware for a KISS Premium machine but even if I do something as little as turning free play to 1 and nothing else, the machine tells me it's an invalid spk when I try to load it. The file size matches after the edit and if I open the modified firmware back up inside the browser, everything looks right and the change is still there, the machine just won't accept it. Any help would be wonderful, thanks!

#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Awesome. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Any chance this update adds ability to edit video in Spike 2 games?

is it possible to edit the puzzles in WoF with pinball browser?

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from PinCurious:

the machine tells me it's an invalid spk when I try to load it. The file size matches after the edit and if I open the modified firmware back up inside the browser, everything looks right and the change is still there, the machine just won't accept it.

Use a SD card image, not a .spk file.
See the FAQfor more informations about this.

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Use a SD card image, not a .spk file.
See the
FAQfor more informations about this.

Oops.. Thank you, I will try this.

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: That worked perfectly, thank you again!

#3308 4 years ago

My Deadpool plays random music at the end of the each game. After 20-30 seconds it fades it out and goes into attract mode and never plays the music after that until a new game is started. I know the game has full versions of the songs as you can go into service mode , speaker test and play them. Is there anyway I can use this program to keep the music from fading out or is that something the is embedded in the game code?

#3309 4 years ago

Is there a site where new files are shared by the various creators? Thanks.

#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

My Deadpool plays random music at the end of the each game. After 20-30 seconds it fades it out and goes into attract mode and never plays the music after that until a new game is started. I know the game has full versions of the songs as you can go into service mode , speaker test and play them. Is there anyway I can use this program to keep the music from fading out or is that something the is embedded in the game code?

I am far from an expert so if I am wrong someone please correct me, but I believe that is part of the game code. This program would allow you to change which song is faded out, though.

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Is there a site where new files are shared by the various creators? Thanks.

PinballBrowser has a repository function. Authors who want to publicly share their macros can upload to it.

#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

PinballBrowser has a repository function. Authors who want to publicly share their macros can upload to it.

Great, thanks for the details.

#3313 4 years ago

Just checking in again... I know southpark is difficult if not impossible but would be willing to donate if the possibility of changing out sounds would be possible.

Its beyond me at this point.

#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

I know southpark is difficult if not impossible

I didn't try with Southpark but Pinball Browser is already able to modify sounds in Whitestar roms.

1 week later
#3315 4 years ago

does it work with spooky pinball? (for example alice coopers nightmare castle) and if not, is that something that will be available in the near future? thanks!

#3316 4 years ago

Have not heard about this until now, I hope it works well with Spooky's Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle! I'd love to add a few Alice Cooper songs that otherwise are missing as well as some other haunting music (some movie soundtracks comes to mind!)

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from snailskin:

does it work with spooky pinball? (for example alice coopers nightmare castle) and if not, is that something that will be available in the near future? thanks!

Not to mention the 750 happy people that are going to want to add to Rick & Morty

#3318 4 years ago

No, p-roc games don't use Roms.

Quoted from snailskin:

#3319 4 years ago

snailskin I did not check with the latest ones but Pinball Browser is already compatible with some Spooky games. See here.

#3320 4 years ago

Spooky changed to new electronics with all their games since TNA so pinball browser will do nothing with the p3roc games.
AMH, Rob Zombie, dominos, and jetsons use the ben heck board.

Quoted from oga83:

snailskin I did not check with the latest ones but Pinball Browser is already compatible with some Spooky games. See
here.

#3321 4 years ago

hello

I don't understand my error!
I try to colorize my kiss

my setup :
a stern KISS
pinball browser 6.65 with license
pin2dmd editor 2.5.0.6 for export smartdmd.txt to pin2dmd.pal
a display rgb with stm32 and colorprism 3.05

the issue :

i have define a default palette .

smartdmd-txt (resized).JPGsmartdmd-txt (resized).JPG

and a another palette , just for the " ball save " sequence.

ball save (resized).JPGball save (resized).JPG

i have other palettes not used at this moment

i update the pinball with the custom rom .i plug the microsd with pin2dmd.pal on display
i start a play , nice the default palette work fine . i drain the ball for see the "ball save sequence" .
the sequence is like i want , the palette as changed , good !
But after , during all the play the palette is lock on "ball save" not on the default palette .

however the function "use the current palette" is not checked

what i forgot
some ideas ?

why , i can not attribute a palette to compressed images ?

compressed (resized).JPGcompressed (resized).JPG

regards

#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello
I don't understand my error!
I try to colorize my kiss
my setup :
a stern KISS
pinball browser 6.65 with license
pin2dmd editor 2.5.0.6 for export smartdmd.txt to pin2dmd.pal
a display rgb with stm32 and colorprism 3.05
the issue :
i have define a default palette .
[quoted image]
and a another palette , just for the " ball save " sequence.
[quoted image]
i have other palettes not used at this moment
i update the pinball with the custom rom .i plug the microsd with pin2dmd.pal on display
i start a play , nice the default palette work fine . i drain the ball for see the "ball save sequence" .
the sequence is like i want , the palette as changed , good !
But after , during all the play the palette is lock on "ball save" not on the default palette .
however the function "use the current palette" is not checked
what i forgot
some ideas ?
why , i can not attribute a palette to compressed images ?
[quoted image]
regards

You either need to set Sidechannel In-Frame in the SmartDMD tab or assign palette switch keyframes with the pin2dmd editor to make pin2dmd switch the palettes. The first method uses pixels in the upper left corner transfer the palette-switch information to the device. For the second you need a dump of the gameplay. I see you currently use In-Frame. There is a switch called persistant palette in the smartdmd.txt which can be changed. If on the palette stays until the next palette switch. If off it only is active when the frame has a palette information.

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

You either need to set Sidechannel In-Frame in the SmartDMD tab or assign palette switch keyframes with the pin2dmd editor to make pin2dmd switch the palettes. The first method uses pixels in the upper left corner transfer the palette-switch information to the device. For the second you need a dump of the gameplay. I see you currently use In-Frame. There is a switch called persistant palette in the smartdmd.txt which can be changed. If on the palette stays until the next palette switch. If off it only is active when the frame has a palette information.

thanks

yes , i use "in frame"

here my smartdmd.txt , the persistent palette =0

# SmartDmd configuration file

screen_width=1024
screen_height=768
screen_rotate=0
screen_forcehdmi=1
overscan_top=-280
overscan_bottom=70
overscan_left=-145
overscan_right=-160
splash_screen=0
splash_screen_offset=200
upscaling=0
nice=1
dmd_type=6
dmd_width=128
dmd_height=32
dmd_x0=0
dmd_y0=495
dmd_framewidth=0
dmd_framecolor=0xFF000000
dmd_upscaling=0
dmd_persistentpalette=0
broadcastenabled=1
broadcastaddress=255.255.255.255
broadcastport=9876
dmd_dot=0x00,0x7C,0xFE,0xFE,0xFE,0xFE,0xFE,0x7C
dmd_npalettes=7
dmd_palette0=DEMON,0xFF000000,0xFF202020,0xFF303030,0xFFFF6B6B,0xFFFF7C7C,0xFFFF8A8A,0xFFFF9797,0xFFFFA4A4,0xFFFFAFAF,0xFFFFBABA,0xFFFFC4C4,0xFFFFCDCD,0xFFFFD6D6,0xFFFFDFDF,0xFFFFF2F2,0xFFFFFFFF
dmd_defaultpalette=0
dmd_nbackgrounds=0
dmd_palette1=KISS,0xFF0000FF,0xFFE10000,0xFFE10000,0xFFC16100,0xFFFF8000,0xFFFFFF00,0xFFFFFF00,0xFFFF0000,0xFFE10000,0xFF000000,0xFF000000,0xFF000000,0xFFC16100,0xFFFF8000,0xFFFFFF00,0xFFFFFF00
dmd_palette2=jet de feu,0xFFFF0000,0xFFFF1A1A,0xFFFF2424,0xFFFF6B27,0xFFFF7C2D,0xFFFF8A32,0xFFFF9737,0xFFFFA43C,0xFFFFAF40,0xFFFFBA44,0xFFFFC447,0xFFFFCD4B,0xFFFFD64E,0xFFFFFF00,0xFFFFFF80,0xFFFFFFFF
dmd_palette3=ball save,Upscaling=3,0xFF000000,0xFF313131,0xFF5B5B5B,0xFF727272,0xFF848484,0xFF939393,0xFFFF0000,0xFFFFFF00,0xFF770000,0xFFFFFFFF,0xFF643200,0xFFFF8040,0xFFEA7500,0xFFFFBFBF,0xFFFFE8E8,0xFFD7D700
dmd_palette4=Chiffre qui goutte,0xFF000000,0xFFBF0000,0xFFEC0000,0xFFFF0000,0xFFFF2424,0xFFFF4A4A,0xFFFF9700,0xFFFFA400,0xFFFFAF00,0xFFFFBA00,0xFFFFC400,0xFFFFCD00,0xFFFFD600,0xFFFFDF00,0xFFFFE700,0xFFFFFF00
dmd_palette5=Chiffres en FEU,0xFF000000,0xFF272727,0xFFFF8000,0xFFFF6A6A,0xFF804040,0xFF005E2F,0xFFFF8040,0xFFC0C0C0,0xFF770000,0xFFFFFFFF,0xFF643200,0xFFFF3E3E,0xFFFFFF00,0xFFFF8080,0xFF800000,0xFFFF0000
dmd_palette6=logo stern,0xFF000000,0xFF808080,0xFF808080,0xFF808080,0xFF808080,0xFF808080,0xFFC0C0C0,0xFFDADADA,0xFF808080,0xFF808080,0xFFFF0000,0xFFFFFFFF,0xFFFFFFFF,0xFFFFFFFF,0xFFFFFFFF,0xFFFFFFFF
temperature_max=50000
video_off_enable=0
palette_mode=0

#3324 4 years ago

hello

i have a acdc luci with the same hardware , the colorised rom is by pinballmikeD (ported by Ninuzzu into new firmware)
acd_170hc_ByPinballMikeD . when i try to change one palette with pinball browser and remake the pin2dmd.pal with pin2dmd editor , when a new palette is played , the default palette dont become.

i dont understand my mistake
regards

oga , sais tu d'ou viens mon problème ?

#3325 4 years ago

I just found out that the pin2dmd editor by steve does not take care of the persistant mode setting in the smartDMD.txt when converting the palette to pin2dmd.pal. You either need to manually patch the binary palette oder convert your project to persistant mode. If you want to patch the palette search for 0x10 0x01 and change it to 0x10 0x02 with a hex editor.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3326 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I just found out that the pin2dmd editor by steve does not take care of the persistant mode setting in the smartDMD.txt when converting the palette to pin2dmd.pal. You either need to manually patch the binary palette oder convert your project to persistant mode. If you want to patch the palette search for 0x10 0x01 and change it to 0x10 0x02 with a hex editor.

thanks lucky1 for your support

I am not the king of the hex editor, here is a photo of my pin2dmd.pal
do I need to change this value?

regards
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#3328 4 years ago

thank you ! i have changed the value , now it 's work fine , the palettes default/other swap correctly

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I have browsed the videos on the latest Elvira game code, the exception is raised on nearly 30% of the items shown in the videos select list.

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have browsed the videos on the latest Elvira game code, the exception is raised on nearly 30% of the items shown in the videos select list.

Same on Stranger Things.

#3331 4 years ago

Can this be used to change the music on Oktoberfest? Sorry if this has been answered previously.

#3332 4 years ago

Nope

Quoted from pinballslave:

Can this be used to change the music on Oktoberfest? Sorry if this has been answered previously.

#3333 4 years ago

Not even the odd yodel?

#3334 4 years ago

Getting ready to test my Star Wars Premium with custom music. I just want to be sure I have this right: I just write the custom image file to the new SD card through Pinball Browser, then just switch the cards out in the backbox and switch the game on. That’s it right? If something’s not right can I just put the original Stern card back in.

#3335 4 years ago

There are no roms in P-roc games. Audio files(music/sounds) are discrete files saved in the assets folder.

Not even the odd yodel?

#3336 4 years ago

If I only want to add a couple random songs at the end of play for AC/DC, is that difficult to do? Not sure if PB allows random songs to play like Pinsound if more than one file is included in a folder. Thanks.

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

There are no roms in P-roc games. Audio files(music/sounds) are discrete files saved in the assets folder.

I see... I think... so there's no way of getting to these discrete files in the assets folder and changing them I take it...

#3338 4 years ago

I see... I think... so there's no way of getting to these discrete files in the assets folder and changing them I take it...

It the game manufacturer locked down their system properly, no.

#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It the game manufacturer locked down their system properly, no.

That begs the next question: does anyone know if AP have locked down their system properly to stop these files being accessed?

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I only want to add a couple random songs at the end of play for AC/DC, is that difficult to do?

Yes. You would need to reprogram the game. At least that part of it.

#3341 4 years ago

That begs the next question: does anyone know if AP have locked down their system properly to stop these files being accessed?

You will need to figure that out for yourself, sadly. If you have the game, it shouldn't be difficult. On top of that, if you have trouble figuring out how to see if the system is locked down or not, then you wouldn't be able to get in there yourself and make modifications, sadly.

Plus, since it's *possibly* considered 'hacking' or spossibly omething legally ambiguous, talking about it here on Pinside is NOT the best place to do so.

#3342 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You will need to figure that out for yourself, sadly. If you have the game, it shouldn't be difficult. On top of that, if you have trouble figuring out how to see if the system is locked down or not, then you wouldn't be able to get in there yourself and make modifications, sadly.
Plus, since it's *possibly* considered 'hacking' or spossibly omething legally ambiguous, talking about it here on Pinside is NOT the best place to do so.

If he owns the game, then he can hack until his heart is content and he can talk about it here on Pinside all he wants. Completely legally. It’s in the distribution of his hacks that things can become illegal and a problem. You’re talking about this in a thread about a program that *hacks your game for you* (which is also legal).

The real question is continuing to talk about it in this thread. Wrong place. Start another thread in the modding forum about how to do what you want and maybe there are others who have done it and can help. It was fine to ask here, as this program might have done it, but since it doesn’t....

—Donnie

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

If he owns the game, then he can hack until his heart is content and he can talk about it here on Pinside all he wants. Completely legally.

The law is bad and needs to go but until it does practically any ‘unauthorized’ access is illegal.
The Computer Fraud and Abuse act is so vague that “whoever... intentionally accesses a computer...exceeds authorized access, and thereby obtains... information from any protected computer” is in violation.

It’s a horrible law. It was used to hound Aaron Swartz to the point of suicide for accessing free information in a systematic way and imprison Weev for automating typing URLs in an unauthorized manner.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weev

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You will need to figure that out for yourself, sadly. If you have the game, it shouldn't be difficult.

You're assuming you're talking to someone who has a clue about 'software stuff'... which I don't... I appreciate your reply though, I'm just saying that I'm far from the best person to figure this out despite owning the game... I'll just have to put up with the metal music (which I imagined this game would be void of) until someone else with the know-how of how to do it has enough incentive to want to change it.

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The law is bad and needs to go but until it does practically any ‘unauthorized’ access is illegal.
The Computer Fraud and Abuse act is so vague that “whoever... intentionally accesses a computer...exceeds authorized access, and thereby obtains... information from any protected computer” is in violation.
It’s a horrible law. It was used to hound Aaron Swartz to the point of suicide for accessing free information in a systematic way and imprison Weev for automating typing URLs in an unauthorized manner.

You're fearmongering. Stop it. I could go into details as to why what we're talking about has nothing to do with the above two cases, but instead I'll just say: STOP IT. Taking a pinball machine that you own and changing the code running on it yourself is completely within your Fair Use rights. Nothing in the law you posted says you can't do that, and nothing about the two cases you posted is in any way remotely close to what we're talking about here.

Just. Stop. Now. You either don't know what you're talking about, or you're a troll.

--Donnie

#3346 4 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

You're fearmongering.
...within your Fair Use rights.
You either don't know what you're talking about, or you're a troll.

You’re wrong, I proved it above, and cited sources. If you have evidence to support your position then cite it.

Repeating your claim again doesn’t make it any less wrong than it was the first time.

#3347 4 years ago

Is it possible for oga83 the give us the ability to edit the duration of a audio file for a sound script/record entry for Spike v2 code? It's very limiting to have to make the sound fit within that static duration.

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You're fearmongering. Stop it. I could go into details as to why what we're talking about has nothing to do with the above two cases, but instead I'll just say: STOP IT. Taking a pinball machine that you own and changing the code running on it yourself is completely within your Fair Use rights. Nothing in the law you posted says you can't do that, and nothing about the two cases you posted is in any way remotely close to what we're talking about here.

Just. Stop. Now. You either don't know what you're talking about, or you're a troll.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:You’re wrong, I proved it above, and cited sources. If you have evidence to support your position then cite it.
Repeating your claim again doesn’t make it any less wrong than it was the first time.

You cited two cases of people hacking systems they did not own or even possess.

We are talking about hacking a thing for which you own. I can't be clearer than that. If this is illegal, then pinball-browser and a myriad of other things would also be illegal, BUT THEY ARE NOT.

--Donnie

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

We are talking about hacking a thing for which you own. I can't be clearer than that. If this is illegal, then pinball-browser and a myriad of other things would also be illegal, BUT THEY ARE NOT.

I look forward to seeing evidence that you have so far failed to provide. Repeating your claim that has already been proven wrong does nothing to support your position.

And please start your own thread. Refuting your error once was enough.

#3350 4 years ago

The "sounds" section of the v0.97 game code of JP2 can't be opened in Pinball Browser 6.65:
Sans titre (resized).pngSans titre (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/67?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.