1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 112.
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v6 is now available
I've been working on this version for several months because some features were much more complicated than expected (like being able to open Aerosmith or dealing with firmwares greater than 4Gb).
The list of new features is detailed below and the FAQ has also been updated.
Pinball Browser v5 users will need a new license to use this version.
It can be downloaded here.
Happy mod !

What's new in v6 ?

User interface
- To simplify the interface, several functions have been added in dropdown menus. For example, there is now a 'Last Recent Used' menu; you'll find it right to the 'Open' button.
- This kind of menu has also been added for images, sounds and macros.
- The image editor can now easily walk through the dmd frames (buttons "Next/Previous").
- Links to FAQ, Pinside and EMail have been added.
- No need to wait for the key to be sent by email after you have donated : you can now just click on 'Register' to unlock Pinball Browser.
Sounds
- The sound export feature is back (it was not developped when Pinball Browser v5 engine has been totaly rewritten).
- It is now possible to adjust the volume of a sound script (no need to export&import anymore).
- The sound-fragments can be listed (inside a sound-script). This is usefull to understand which sound-scripts share the same portion of a sound. You can also search for sound fragements by entering 0fXXX in the bookmark field (this will be reminded to you when you fly the mouse over this field).
- The sound decoder performance has been improved (example on my computer for script 0x578 in Ghostbusters img : 18s before the sound starts with v5, 2s with v6 !).
Spike support
- Pinball Browser can open the new SPK format for firmares greater than 4Gb (*.00x files).
It will extract the .SPK from the .00x files so that Pinball Browser can open it.
When you are ready to upgrade your game, Pinball Browser will compact the .SPK file to .00x so that you can copy them to a USB stick; this is necessary because FAT formatted sticks cannot hold files greater than 4Gb.
- It is now possible to read/save an image file from/to the game SD card. In fact, this is the best method to open a Spike firmware with Pinball Browser (.SPK files don't contain everything; only what has been modified in a new version).
- Realtime values (scores, adjustment) can now be modified on some games.
Firmwares
- Pinball Browser is now compatible with new game versions (BAT 0.7, Aerosmith, ...).
- There is a firmware "Quick Load" feature : the second time your open a firmware, it's far quicker (Ghostbusters : 1st time:20s, 2nd time:5s).
- There is a new function to download the latest Stern firmwares directly from Pinball Browser.
Macros
- There is an online macro repository where users can share their mods. Everyone can read the macros but only the owner of a macro can modify it. This repository is currently empty because I'm not good at modifying games animations or sounds... It is up to you to fill it up !
- A differential macro can be automatically generated for highscores.
Misc
Fix for Whitestar dmd.
Fix in image groups (Williams).
Fix for imported undersampled sounds that were too fast (Sam and Spike).

Any updates on this for swapping Aerosmith songs?

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Any updates on this for swapping Aerosmith songs?

What do you mean ? Pinball Browser has been able to replace Aerosmith songs since v6.00.

#3253 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

What do you mean ? Pinball Browser has been able to replace Aerosmith songs since v6.00.

ohh oh, grey moment here, sorry... Ummm, looking more closely at the update now, sorry about that...

#3254 4 years ago

I'm trying to play around with this to see if I can swap out the audio files on my Metallica. I'm getting an error when I use the "Download from Stern" button, so I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to download from Stern? Is it the game code, or the SD Card image I need?

#3255 4 years ago

Download the game file. Make a copy of it so you have the original. Then open the copy in Pinball Browser and change away!

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Download the game file. Make a copy of it so you have the original. Then open the copy in Pinball Browser and change away!

I opened the file I downloaded from Stern and found the address codes for the songs (bad ass that it pulled them from the Internet for me).

Do I just click the down arrow for that line and hit Import and point it to the new song? It really can't be that easy can it? If it really is that easy, I'll be sending money via PayPal to the creator in about 60 seconds.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#3257 4 years ago

these are the locations

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpinball browser (resized).jpgpinball browser (resized).jpg
#3258 4 years ago

Im trying to remember, I think I put the replacement song in the message location...

#3259 4 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by Message Location? Please bear with me on this since it's literally the first time I've opened the program.

#3260 4 years ago

So I've been messing around with this a little more and I think I'm getting close.

It looks like there are multiple scripts (calls?) for the song at different points in the song. For example, there are 9 scripts for Master of Puppets that appear to start at different points in the song. If I want to replace that song, do I just need to import the song into the longest duration script and the software handles the rest, or do I need 9 different length audio files and need to import them into each of the 9 scripts?

Scripts (resized).JPGScripts (resized).JPG

Also, it looks like I can go to messages, search for Master of Puppets, edit that and it will display the name of the song I'm replacing it with when it appears on the DMD? Is that correct? So I'd just edit 0x773 and viola, it will change it on the song selection screen?

Messages (resized).JPGMessages (resized).JPG

#3261 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure you should only need to change it once. It worked for me when changing out KISS songs. I did mine all in the scripts because it was easier for me to see which to change. Then when I went into others further down in the code with the same script, it was already changed.

And yes, it is great to change the words in "Messages" so you display the proper titles on the DMD. You are not close... you are really close!

#3262 4 years ago

Awesome. Thanks.

I'll have to wait until I get home since it looks like the license key is only valid for one computer. I don't want to activate it at work and then have to pay again when I get home.

#3263 4 years ago

Has anyone done a Metallica before? I got the songs swapped using the bookmarked script locations. It appears to work, but seems a little unusual.

If you start a game and choose a song (but not plunge), some songs give you a 30s preview and others are only a 4s preview. I guess I just assumed it would either preview the song for the same length of time or just play the entire song.

I was also in multiball and heard the same section of a song playing over and over and over. Once out of multiball it seemed to return to normal.

Is it supposed to do that or did I mess something up?

1 week later
#3264 4 years ago

Question on editing DMD images using PB:

I’m trying to colorize TWD and have the basics down but am hoping there is a way to speed up multi-frame animations. For example, the Bicycle Girl animation is a sequence of frames that are 90% identical apart from a small region that is animating (her hand). I’d like to get the first frame fully colorized in the areas that are identical and then copy those changes to all of the other frames before tackling the unique bits.

I realize I could take the Macro that is generated for the edits I’ve done on the first frame, replicate it multiple times and assign that to each of the other frames. Is there any way to do something like this directly in the image editor UI?

While I’m at it, are there any other tips that can be used to help in the colorization process? I understand the basic drawing tools and hotkeys - but anything else that can help speed up the more tedious steps?

Thanks!

#3265 4 years ago

I'm using 6.61 and I cannot search for any partial text that was added as a bookmark to a sound request nor if I filter by sound scripts. Entering text in the box, hitting Enter does nothing. Entering text in the box, hitting the Find Next Arrow does nothing. Note the only search text that works is if I put in the request # i.e. 582. Even searching for 0x55 for example doesn't take me to the sound. What am I doing wrong?

#3266 4 years ago

I kind of have a handle on how to change sound files. Is it possible to switch out video clips for Star Wars as well?

I’d love to replace one of the end of ball Yoda clips with Luke’s “It just isn’t fair”

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I'm using 6.61 and I cannot search for any partial text that was added as a bookmark to a sound request nor if I filter by sound scripts. Entering text in the box, hitting Enter does nothing. Entering text in the box, hitting the Find Next Arrow does nothing. Note the only search text that works is if I put in the request # i.e. 582. Even searching for 0x55 for example doesn't take me to the sound. What am I doing wrong?

If you enter the first letters of a bookmark that appears in the list, Windows will autocomplete the text.
If nothing happens when you hit enter, it means that there is no corresponding bookmark in the list.
Can you see some bookmarks when you click on the down arrow ?
If not, you should first download them (if someone has uploaded them for your game or course) by cliking on the 'Sync' button, or create them : for a specific sound script, enter the text in the combobox and click on 'Set Name'.
If nothing happens when you enter 0x55 followed by enter, and if a 0x55 sound script appears in the listbox below, then something is corrupted on your system (either Pinball Browser or the Windows .net framework)

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Is it possible to switch out video clips for Star Wars as well?

Pinball Browser cannot replace Spike 2 videos but t will be possible in the future.

#3269 4 years ago

I started a new thread with information on identifying Star Wars (2017) sounds/music/dialogue. Once I identify where the annoying Yoda quotes are I can't wait to start replacing them.

New thread topic is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-sound-mods-code-version105

#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

A)If you enter the first letters of a bookmark that appears in the list, Windows will autocomplete the text.
If nothing happens when you hit enter, it means that there is no corresponding bookmark in the list.
B) Can you see some bookmarks when you click on the down arrow ?
C) If not, you should first download them (if someone has uploaded them for your game or course) by cliking on the 'Sync' button, or create them : for a specific sound script, enter the text in the combobox and click on 'Set Name'.
D) If nothing happens when you enter 0x55 followed by enter, and if a 0x55 sound script appears in the listbox below, then something is corrupted on your system (either Pinball Browser or the Windows .net framework)

oga83
A) When I enter something that ends up auto-completing, I let it stay selected automatically. I then hit enter or the next arrow, nothing happens
B) Yes, I can even see the bookmark first in the list. I click it, nothing.
C) How do you download all the text in the results window? The only way I've found is to open the .dat file in a text editor and copy from there. However, the file doesn't include the Request # and doesn't include anything that hasn't been custom bookmarked
D) Nothing happens whatsoever when entering a request #. My system is not corrupted. How do I check if Pinball Browser/.NET Framework is the problem?

The burning question though, when there isn't something corrupted: Why can't I just search for a string and have it jump to line by line containing that string? Is that supposed to work?

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

A) When I enter something that ends up auto-completing, I let it stay selected automatically. I then hit enter or the next arrow, nothing happens
B) Yes, I can even see the bookmark first in the list. I click it, nothing.
C) How do you download all the text in the results window? The only way I've found is to open the .dat file in a text editor and copy from there. However, the file doesn't include the Request # and doesn't include anything that hasn't been custom bookmarked
D) Nothing happens whatsoever when entering a request #. My system is not corrupted. How do I check if Pinball Browser/.NET Framework is the problem?
The burning question though, when there isn't something corrupted: Why can't I just search for a string and have it jump to line by line containing that string? Is that supposed to work?

A-B-D) When you enter 0x55 (or an autocompleted bookmark) into the combobox and hit enter, the corresponding sound script should be selected. If it's not the case, something is wrong. I suggest that you download Pinball Browser again on a different PC.
C) There is no way to export the result list.

#3272 4 years ago

Can anyone send me the macro for Acdc 1.7 (Premium) ?

Thanks

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

A-B-D) When you enter 0x55 (or an autocompleted bookmark) into the combobox and hit enter, the corresponding sound script should be selected. If it's not the case, something is wrong. I suggest that you download Pinball Browser again on a different PC.
C) There is no way to export the result list.

Thanks oga83 I'm now able to cripple my way through search using the 0x55 method. It seems to be mostly reliable. The problem with that is that one would have to be able to export those script numbers for an easier copy/paste into the search bar. Why doesn't the search just look for a partial string? It seems one has to start the string with the first char of the bookmark they "think" they used, then type it out fully and correctly until the app recognizes it and autofills. For making customizations along with others, I need to be able to export those entire strings and track changes elsewhere (i.e. what I'm doing in a shared excel sheet). Into a CSV would be ideal with the original and imported filenames. The fact that the .dat file, while I can open it and parse it with regex to get what I need, doesn't show all requests makes tracking and collaboration difficult.

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thanks oga83 I'm now able to cripple my way through search using the 0x55 method. It seems to be mostly reliable. The problem with that is that one would have to be able to export those script numbers for an easier copy/paste into the search bar, something you say is not possible. Why doesn't the search just look for a partial string? Why does one have to start the string with the first char of the bookmark they "think" they used, then type it out fully and correctly until the app recognizes it and autofills (not to mention it autofills the closest at that point, and the box is so small that you have to DEL DEL DEL, re-type, etc. until you actually find the bookmark)? You do understand that folks who are trying to make customizations need to be able to export those entire strings and track changes, elsewhere (i.e. what I'm doing in an excel sheet) due to no auditing function or imported filename record in app, right? It's super inefficient without that simple export current option. Into a CSV would be ideal and it should definitely include the original and imported filenames. The fact that the .dat file, while I can open it and parse it with regex to get what I need, doesn't even show all requests is ridiculous.
When is the next update BTW? The app hasn't been updated in 3 years yet you're still charging $20 a head.

I always take constructive comments into consideration.
But I suggest that you first read the faq and some of the posts in this thread. You'll find out how the bookmark comboboxes work and that macros keep track of every file you import.
Being able to open the .dat file doesn't imply it's meant for. You'll probably be able to open the .exe file with an hex-editor but this would be ridiculous.
Regarding the app upgrades, just go back 1 page in this thread up to this post. You'll see that the last upgrade (v6.61) was released less than 2 months ago. You can also have a look at the change log at the end of the OP.
This kind of post doesn't really make me want to work on new versions...

#3275 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

When is the next update BTW? The app hasn't been updated in 3 years yet you're still charging $20 a head.

Even if it hadn't been updated in that long, $20 isn't that much for a unique piece of software.

#3276 4 years ago

The bottom line is that @oga83 has single-handedly created and maintained an application that so many have benefitted from and will never be fully repaid for all his work. $20 is a bargain.

Thanks for your continued focus and updates on this great product.

#3277 4 years ago

$20? Bargain city! I've even paid the fee more than once because it's one license per specific computer. For what I've paid for the actual machine and how much I've modified or used others modified code, I probably should have paid $200. Thanks again @oga83

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Please no, I just started discovered the capabilities of this program and it is awesome.
Words can’t describe the joy on my kids face when he was playing SW with me yesterday, and when the ball drained, instead of Yoda blathering about the force, we got to hear Luke whine ... “It just isn’t fair”. So much better now!

#3279 4 years ago

dont sweat guys like that, we know you’ll continue to make improvements when you have Time and see fit, until then, thank you for your valiant effort

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I always take constructive comments into consideration.
But I suggest that you first read the
faq
and some of the posts in this thread. You'll find out how the bookmark comboboxes work and that macros keep track of every file you import.
Being able to open the .dat file doesn't imply it's meant for. You'll probably be able to open the .exe file with an hex-editor but
this
would be ridiculous.
Regarding the app upgrades, just go back 1 page in this thread up to
this post. You'll see that the last upgrade (v6.61) was released less than 2 months ago. You can also have a look at the change log at the end of the OP.

Ignore posts like that Oliver. The program is outstanding and allows for some amazing modifications. For me, it made Munsters worth playing and I'm enjoying it quite a bit now. Never would have happened without PB. I'm not an expert programmer and it's not so difficult to use at all. Combining your program with Audacity has enabled me to do some really cool and fun things. Love it.
There's always "That guy" no matter how good a product is, so don't sweat it. Thx again!

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser cannot replace Spike 2 videos but t will be possible in the future.

Can Pinball Browser "see" into Munsters assets (A/V)? I'm a newbie regarding your amazing program, and want to start tinkering w several of my machines w it. Seem to recall several pinheads commenting on BM66 assets that weren't being deployed in code releases some time back using your software. Thanks!!!

#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can Pinball Browser "see" into Munsters assets (A/V)? I'm a newbie regarding your amazing program, and want to start tinkering w several of my machines w it.

Yes, it can "see" the videos but it can't replace them yet.

#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes, it can "see" the videos but it can't replace them yet.

Thank you for the response, and I'll be donating, playing with your latest rev this weekend (hopefully). Really curious on what is still sitting in video assets of current Munsters code drop...might be a clue to what could be ahead......

Then on to playing w audio in several of my machines.....

#3284 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been answered, this thread is rather large. Anyway when I open simpsons pinball party the bookmarks that load are wrong. It looks like they're bookmarks from jurassic park and maybe indy500 (lots of nascar callouts). Is there a way to load a different set of bookmarks? If so are they available seperately from somewhere or can they only be accessed from inside pinball browser?

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from mlager8:

Sorry if this has been answered, this thread is rather large. Anyway when I open simpsons pinball party the bookmarks that load are wrong. It looks like they're bookmarks from jurassic park and maybe indy500 (lots of nascar callouts). Is there a way to load a different set of bookmarks? If so are they available seperately from somewhere or can they only be accessed from inside pinball browser?

This is probably one of these game in which Pinball Browser can't find the id.
This game id is used as a key in the Bookmark online database. As a result, all those games share the same bookmarks
The game id is displayed in the right information panel. I guess it's missing in yours.

PB-GameId (resized).pngPB-GameId (resized).png
#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is probably one of these game in which Pinball Browser can't find the id.
This game id is used as a key in the Bookmark online database. As a result, all those games share the same bookmarks
The game id is displayed in the right information panel. I guess it's missing in yours.[quoted image]

You are correct there in no information in the firmware section other than "manufacturer: Stern (Whitestar)"
Everything else is question marks. Is there a way to manually enter the metadata? Also does that mean there's no bookmark info on this game even if I get the data in there?

#3287 4 years ago

No, it's not possible to manually enter the Game Id. It's a good idea for a future version, though.
Unfortunately, the online bookmarks are shared with the other missing-id games.
There is no way to tell which ones, and even if any of them, belong to your game.

#3288 4 years ago

Ok well I am manually entering bookmarks, when I'm done (might be a while) I can send you the .dat file if you'd like in the event you do ever enable manual gameID and want to add this game into the shared pool

#3289 4 years ago

Not sure if I missed this somewhere earlier in the thread, but does anyone know of a way to export sound files from a pinball 2000 rom? I need more Jar Jar clips to complete my SW mod.

#3290 4 years ago

Pinball Browser v6.65 is available.
Thanks to pekilica and @multibrawlr, a bunch of new sounds have been discovered in WOF !

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v6.65 is available.
Thanks to pekilica and multibrawlr, a bunch of new sounds have been discovered in WOF !

Awesome. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Any chance this update adds ability to edit video in Spike 2 games?

#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Any chance this update adds ability to edit video in Spike 2 games?

No, this feature requires a lot of work and is not completed yet.

#3293 4 years ago

I have this error when trying to play the majority of the videos of "Elvira's House of Horrors" that are placed at the bottom of the combobox :

ehoh (resized).pngehoh (resized).png
#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have this error when trying to play the majority of the videos of "Elvira's House of Horrors" that are placed at the bottom of the combobox :[quoted image]

Which firmware ? Is it working with other games ?
Probably something wrong with your ffmpeg.
Same video below with an Elvira 0.83 SD card image :

Elvira (resized).pngElvira (resized).png
#3295 4 years ago

I had the problem with the elvira3-0_87_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw file, I'm having the problem with elvira3-0_83_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw too.

I don't have the problem with others pinball machines game code files.

To reproduce the problem (here with the 0.83 file), choose the last video from the combobox (wihtout typing it's number because a lot of differents videos seems to share the same number) :
ehoh2 (resized).pngehoh2 (resized).png
It's not a regression of Pinball Browser, I had the problem with the version 6.61 coupled with ffmpeg 4.2 and I have it with 6.65 and ffmpeg 4.2.1.

#3296 4 years ago

If I choose the first "7" video in the list : OK

4 (resized).png4 (resized).png
#3297 4 years ago

If I pick another one "7" video near the end of the list : NOK
5 (resized).png5 (resized).png6 (resized).png6 (resized).png

#3298 4 years ago

Peanuts
I was able to reproduce the problem.
It's because Pinball Browser wrongly identifies some objects as videos.
They should not be displayed in the list.

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

peanuts
I was able to reproduce the problem.
It's because Pinball Browser wrongly identifies some objects as videos.
They should not be displayed in the list.

Great! Do you think that you could fix it?

Thanks for all your work.

#3300 4 years ago

Do you still need to change songs in audacity to mono or can they stay in stereo now?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
There are 5,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/66?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.