Quoted from oga83:
Pinball Browser v6 is now available
I've been working on this version for several months because some features were much more complicated than expected (like being able to open Aerosmith or dealing with firmwares greater than 4Gb).
The list of new features is detailed below and the FAQ has also been updated.
Pinball Browser v5 users will need a new license to use this version.
It can be downloaded here.
Happy mod !
What's new in v6 ?
- To simplify the interface, several functions have been added in dropdown menus. For example, there is now a 'Last Recent Used' menu; you'll find it right to the 'Open' button.
- This kind of menu has also been added for images, sounds and macros.
- The image editor can now easily walk through the dmd frames (buttons "Next/Previous").
- Links to FAQ, Pinside and EMail have been added.
- No need to wait for the key to be sent by email after you have donated : you can now just click on 'Register' to unlock Pinball Browser.
- The sound export feature is back (it was not developped when Pinball Browser v5 engine has been totaly rewritten).
- It is now possible to adjust the volume of a sound script (no need to export&import anymore).
- The sound-fragments can be listed (inside a sound-script). This is usefull to understand which sound-scripts share the same portion of a sound. You can also search for sound fragements by entering 0fXXX in the bookmark field (this will be reminded to you when you fly the mouse over this field).
- The sound decoder performance has been improved (example on my computer for script 0x578 in Ghostbusters img : 18s before the sound starts with v5, 2s with v6 !).
- Pinball Browser can open the new SPK format for firmares greater than 4Gb (*.00x files).
It will extract the .SPK from the .00x files so that Pinball Browser can open it.
When you are ready to upgrade your game, Pinball Browser will compact the .SPK file to .00x so that you can copy them to a USB stick; this is necessary because FAT formatted sticks cannot hold files greater than 4Gb.
- It is now possible to read/save an image file from/to the game SD card. In fact, this is the best method to open a Spike firmware with Pinball Browser (.SPK files don't contain everything; only what has been modified in a new version).
- Realtime values (scores, adjustment) can now be modified on some games.
- Pinball Browser is now compatible with new game versions (BAT 0.7, Aerosmith, ...).
- There is a firmware "Quick Load" feature : the second time your open a firmware, it's far quicker (Ghostbusters : 1st time:20s, 2nd time:5s).
- There is a new function to download the latest Stern firmwares directly from Pinball Browser.
- There is an online macro repository where users can share their mods. Everyone can read the macros but only the owner of a macro can modify it. This repository is currently empty because I'm not good at modifying games animations or sounds... It is up to you to fill it up !
- A differential macro can be automatically generated for highscores.
Fix for Whitestar dmd.
Fix in image groups (Williams).
Fix for imported undersampled sounds that were too fast (Sam and Spike).
Any updates on this for swapping Aerosmith songs?