5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 112.
#3201 4 years ago

is there info on how to change the song names, graphics, I guess in the jukebox display in the DMD?

#3202 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

is there info on how to change the song names, graphics, I guess in the jukebox display in the DMD?

The song names and such are in the "messages" tab, just search for the song you are replacing and change the text. You can override the memory length as well if the new song has a longer title. Animations can be changed but it's a frame by frame affair, so a huge pain.

#3203 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

If it's doing that before launching the ball it's normal. All of the songs on Metallica play a short loop when you're in the shooter lane but play the full song after plunging.

Thank you!!!

Quoted from Jahkub:

It's just that the loops are built for the original songs so it's difficult to get a different song to work. If you have a song with a close enough tempo it can be done but will likely still need some creative editing.

Thank you again!!

New songs and jukebox info is loaded, just tweaking volume, but loving playing to Vicarious and The Knife on Met. Nice peice of software oga83, and the updated versions make it a breeze!

#3204 4 years ago

One further question, has anyone tried to change the songs on the jukebox, but maintain the songs as related to the pinball play. For example, when you get the graveyard multiball Id still like Master of Puppets to play, not my jukebox replacement song, do you know:
1) if this is possible, if so, which scripts are dedicated to the jukebox songs on 1.80?
2) is there enough memory to add 10 or 11 songs and keep original songs for multi-ball, crank it up, etc songs?

#3205 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

One further question, has anyone tried to change the songs on the jukebox, but maintain the songs as related to the pinball play. For example, when you get the graveyard multiball Id still like Master of Puppets to play, not my jukebox replacement song, do you know:
1) if this is possible, if so, which scripts are dedicated to the jukebox songs on 1.80?
2) is there enough memory to add 10 or 11 songs and keep original songs for multi-ball, crank it up, etc songs?

There isn't any way to do those things specifically, you have to work within the existing programming. I did find that the lady justice mode starts the music ~halfway through the track, so on one of my projects I had two songs pasted together to fill the audio space and found that song 2 queued up perfectly when lady justice began. I can't remember off the top of my head if any other songs/modes did that but there is one option for you at least. Also a tip, using a VM speeds up the audio prototyping nicely, no need to update your physical machine, just swap the rom file on your computer and run the VM.

#3206 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

There isn't any way to do those things specifically, you have to work within the existing programming. I did find that the lady justice mode starts the music ~halfway through the track, so on one of my projects I had two songs pasted together to fill the audio space and found that song 2 queued up perfectly when lady justice began. I can't remember off the top of my head if any other songs/modes did that but there is one option for you at least. Also a tip, using a VM speeds up the audio prototyping nicely, no need to update your physical machine, just swap the rom file on your computer and run the VM.

Very cool, Ill have to try that as I "polish" the song-swap. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is VM?

#3207 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Very cool, Ill have to try that as I "polish" the song-swap. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is VM?

A virtual machine, just an emulator that makes testing new code changes much faster.

#3208 4 years ago

Thanks again Jahkub!

#3209 4 years ago

Here is my song swap. Message location may be helpful for those working on a MET song swap.
Pinball Browser song swap (resized).jpgPinball Browser song swap (resized).jpg

Yeah, Im going totally dial this in, its almost like having a new pin and the original was f'in' amazing!!

#3210 4 years ago

Can anyone with experience tell me if it would be possible to add Back In Black at the beginning of Iron Man (at the beginning of the first ball, not every ball)?

Would like it to replace the beginning sound/music but that comes and goes throughout the game. Would like Back In Black just once at the start (wouldn't need the entire song either, maybe just the first 25-35 or so seconds).

Could it be added at the start before the factory start music (in addition to) the other rather then replacing it?

2 weeks later
#3211 4 years ago

I just bought a Met pro and will likely be switching some songs out at some point, and this will be useful.

Thanks.

Quoted from Animal:

Here is my song swap. Message location may be helpful for those working on a MET song swap.
[quoted image]
Yeah, Im going totally dial this in, its almost like having a new pin and the original was f'in' amazing!!

#3212 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can anyone with experience tell me if it would be possible to add Back In Black at the beginning of Iron Man (at the beginning of the first ball, not every ball)?

No. You would need to reprogram the game. Pinball Browser allows you to replace sounds with different sounds but the game is still playing sound x at time y.
What you want is play sound z if this condition is met and that's not possible with PB.

I think you could do it with a P-ROC from Multimorphic. https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/hardware-control-system/

#3213 4 years ago

Hi everyone.

I am unable to get to the tiny cc website to download PBBrowser. I ahve tried in Chrome and IExplorer 11. Am I missing something, is there a mirror site available?

Thank you.

#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I am unable to get to the tiny cc website to download PBBrowser.

Right-click and choose "save link as"...

#3215 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Right-click and choose "save link as"...

Well, don't I feel silly!

Thank you. I've downloaded it and sent a donation. Going to try this on my GB LE, Delt31 has shared his library

#3216 4 years ago

GB LE library installed on pin and enjoying it. Thank you!

#3217 4 years ago

Has anyone had success in reworking Spider-Man, and be willing to share their file?

I have a friend's SM here, until he completes his house build. He's only played maybe one game. It would be cool to update it for him.

1 week later
#3218 4 years ago

On my computers, with version 6.60, I can't watch the videos. Version 6.51 works flawlessly on this point. Anyone else has the problem?

Thanks in advance.

#3219 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

On my computers, with version 6.60, I can't watch the videos. Version 6.51 works flawlessly on this point.

Did you copy ffmpeg into the v6.60 directory ?

#3220 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Did you copy ffmpeg into the v6.60 directory ?

Yes

660 (resized).png660 (resized).png
#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

On my computers, with version 6.60, I can't watch the videos. Version 6.51 works flawlessly on this point.

Thanks for catching this up.
It has been fixed in v6.61.

#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks for catching this up.
It has been fixed in
v6.61.

Merci infiniment, cela fonctionne parfaitement!

#3223 4 years ago

Kudos for this handy tool, it deserves a donation!

#3224 4 years ago

Has anyone had any luck customizing the ROM for the new Jurassic Park? I tried swapping out some sound clips but the firmware update kept failing about halfway though. One thing I notice is that the official rom files from Stern are split into 2 files (first is 2,000,000,000 bytes, second is 333,163,520 bytes), but pinball browser says packing is not necessary since the total size is < 4 GB. Looks like maybe JP uses a different chunk size than previous titles?

#3225 4 years ago
Quoted from BonusLord:

Has anyone had any luck customizing the ROM for the new Jurassic Park? I tried swapping out some sound clips but the firmware update kept failing about halfway though. One thing I notice is that the official rom files from Stern are split into 2 files (first is 2,000,000,000 bytes, second is 333,163,520 bytes), but pinball browser says packing is not necessary since the total size is &lt; 4 GB. Looks like maybe JP uses a different chunk size than previous titles?

I don't know if it's the same issue but I could never get BM66 to work using the SD method so I just edit the update files, almost every time it locks up once during the update. I just reset the machine and update it again to get it to work.

1 week later
#3226 4 years ago

Many thanks to Oga83 for creating this program. It has helped make playing Munsters SO much more fun now that I've replaced many of the voice actor call-outs with original character ones. It feels and sounds like I'm playing a Munsters game vs. some generic machine with Paul Lynde as the announcer! So nice! Well worth the donation!

#3227 4 years ago

Awesome tool! Loving the options so far ! I'm trying my first attempt at adding my own music to GB. Got everything converted using audacity and got my file as close to a seamless loop as possible (within .002ms of source). I uploaded to the game, but the loop is no where near close to seamless during play. Am I missing something? Is there anyway to remedy this? Does this have to do with the fragment files? Thanks !

#3228 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Awesome tool! Loving the options so far ! I'm trying my first attempt at adding my own music to GB. Got everything converted using audacity and got my file as close to a seamless loop as possible (within .002ms of source). I uploaded to the game, but the loop is no where near close to seamless during play. Am I missing something? Is there anyway to remedy this? Does this have to do with the fragment files? Thanks !

I can't speak for Ghostbusters but in batman 66 there are a couple songs that play from the beginning and then loop from the center of the song. This means you need a song that is very nearly the same BPM/tempo, then edit it to be exact, then make sure they line up perfectly. To line them up you'll have to find the ~5ms of silence at the loop point in the middle of the song and make sure your song will loop well from the same point.

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I can't speak for Ghostbusters but in batman 66 there are a couple songs that play from the beginning and then loop from the center of the song. This means you need a song that is very nearly the same BPM/tempo, then edit it to be exact, then make sure they line up perfectly. To line them up you'll have to find the ~5ms of silence at the loop point in the middle of the song and make sure your song will loop well from the same point.

Hmm that maybe quite difficult to achieve, but thanks for the tip...BTW, I don't suppose there is an easier way to test changes other than uploading and re-uploading to the machine over and over ?

#3230 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Hmm that maybe quite difficult to achieve, but thanks for the tip...BTW, I don't suppose there is an easier way to test changes other than uploading and re-uploading to the machine over and over ?

A virtual machine is handy for such things, I use visual pinball.

#3231 4 years ago

True but you can't test SPIKE roms on the vpin.

Quoted from Jahkub:

A virtual machine is handy for such things, I use visual pinball.

#3232 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

True but you can't test SPIKE roms on the vpin.

Ah yeah, fair.

#3233 4 years ago

I've made a BUNCH of changes to the Munsters call-outs and replaced a lot of the Paul Lynde impersonations with actual sound clips from the show. I was looking for the Macro that the program says it creates, but I don't know where it is. I've sync'd my bookmarks, but I have no idea how to share the actual files. Also, does the sound editing have to be re-done if a newer version of code comes out? The sound files all have the same addresses from earlier versions to later ones, so I'm hoping there's a way to import them.

Starting to really like Munsters!

#3234 4 years ago

deleted

#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

I was looking for the Macro that the program says it creates, but I don't know where it is

Each time you make a modification to a firmware, a macro is added in the Macro tab. When you save the modified firmware, theses macros are also save in the <FirmwareName>.pbm file.
You can play these macros again on a stock firmware. See the FAQ "What are the macros in Pinball Browser ?" in the FAQ
In case the Ids have changed in a new firmware version, you can use the ShiftId macro to add an offset.

If you want to copy your bookmarks from a firmware version to a new one, you just have to copy the <FirmwareName>.dat file. You can also modify this file with a text editor to change some ids.

#3236 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Each time you make a modification to a firmware, a macro is added in the Macro tab. When you save the modified firmware, theses macros are also save in the &lt;FirmwareName&gt;.pbm file.

This seems to be my issue. I am not seeing any macros in that tab (It's an empty screen) and can't find any .pbm files (I searched). I must have something misconfigured, but I do have the Auto save macros box checked. Could Malwarebytes or some other virus program prevent these files from being created without notifying me?

Thx!

#3237 4 years ago

I don't think so.
You can check how it's working like this :
- open a stock firmware
- modify something (a frame or a sound)
- go to the "Macros" tab to check that a macro has been added

#3238 4 years ago

I have an error trying to opening Elvira 3 game code 0.83 with Pinball Browser 6.61 :
elvira (resized).pngelvira (resized).png

#3239 4 years ago

Does any buddy know what the Multiplier timer thunk thunk sound request is for SW. Their two sound bytes one when the multipliers time is running out and one when they finally do. Please help I can not find these sounds for the life of me.

#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have an error trying to opening Elvira 3 game code 0.83 with Pinball Browser 6.61 :
[quoted image]

+1

#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I don't think so.
- open a stock firmware

I will try that on a fresh file and will let you know.. Thanks!

#3242 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have an error trying to opening Elvira 3 game code 0.83 with Pinball Browser 6.61

The recommended way to open a Spike firmware is to use the SD card instead of the .spk
See the FAQfor more informations.
elvira (resized).pngelvira (resized).png

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The recommended way to open a Spike firmware is to use the SD card instead of the .spk
See the
FAQfor more informations.
[quoted image]

It looks like you opened up the raw file that you can download from sterns website. I can not get the program to see that file I have to make a SD card out of that raw file first before pinball browser can see it. Is their something special you are doing?

#3244 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It looks like you opened up the raw file that you can download from sterns website. I can not get the program to see that file I have to make a SD card out of that raw file first before pinball browser can see it. Is their something special you are doing?

Nothing special : I have downloaded and unzipped the file from Stern's website. Then I have opened the unzipped .raw file with Pinball Browser.

#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

See the
FAQfor more informations.
[quoted image]

Great! Thanks

#3246 4 years ago

Just recently donated for PinballBrowser, and I'm having a great deal of fun with it. I just changed some music for Batman '66; I really didn't care for the music that was included for "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin", so I swapped it with some Nelson Riddle music from the Batman movie that really swings. I still need to tweak it some, but I think I'll get it right.

Of other note, I thought I would change a couple of the Messages that are in the "How to Play" video in the attract mode. I changed a few words, and in a couple of cases a single letter, and found that they are now rendered as a single line of text across the bottom of the screen. One line is now so small and long it's almost impossible to read, so what is happening now is that where once there were two or three lines of text, now it's one long and small line.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

#3247 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Just recently donated for PinballBrowser, and I'm having a great deal of fun with it. I just changed some music for Batman '66; I really didn't care for the music that was included for "Exit Penguin, Enter Batgirl", so I swapped it with some Nelson Riddle music from the Batman movie that really swings. I still need to tweak it some, but I think I'll get it right.
Of other note, I thought I would change a couple of the Messages that are in the "How to Play" video in the attract mode. I changed a few words, and in a couple of cases a single letter, and found that they are now rendered as a single line of text across the bottom of the screen. One line is now so small and long it's almost impossible to read, so what is happening now is that where once there were two or three lines of text, now it's one long and small line.
Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, what did you do to fix it?
Thanks for your help in advance.

I'm not sure but maybe it's controlled with punctuation or a double space? I'd look closely at the original before changing it and see if there's anything that would tell the program to put a break in the line.

#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I'm not sure but maybe it's controlled with punctuation or a double space? I'd look closely at the original before changing it and see if there's anything that would tell the program to put a break in the line.

Yeah I was thinking that as well, although I'm fairly certain that I didn't change any of that.

I'll have to go back over it again later today and see what's up. Thanks!

#3249 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I don't think so.
- open a stock firmware

The software is working properly. I didn't realize that you needed to save the macros every session to create/update the .pbm file. User error. Thx.

I do have a question tho: What does it mean to "Run the macros"?

#3250 4 years ago

The macros are automatically saved when you save the firmware or close Pinball Browser.
"Run the macros" means "play them again over the current firmware".
You usually play the macros on a fresh stock firmware to reapply all your modifications.
This is also a solution to share your modifications instead of sharing a copyrighted .bin file.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/65?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.