• 3,210 posts
  • 513 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Utesichiban
  • Topic is favorited by 646 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 263 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball Browser song swap (resized).jpg
sp2 (resized).png
sp1 (resized).png
20190613_204041 (resized).jpg
bandicam 2019-05-01 17-21-13-298 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
bandicam 2019-04-02 20-56-52-368 (resized).jpg
bandicam 2019-03-11 23-08-58-222 (resized).jpg
0x91D (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
0x91Da (resized).PNG
MET sparky splash logo (LED) (resized).jpg
ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3210 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 65.
#3201 11 days ago

is there info on how to change the song names, graphics, I guess in the jukebox display in the DMD?

#3202 10 days ago
Quoted from Animal:

is there info on how to change the song names, graphics, I guess in the jukebox display in the DMD?

The song names and such are in the "messages" tab, just search for the song you are replacing and change the text. You can override the memory length as well if the new song has a longer title. Animations can be changed but it's a frame by frame affair, so a huge pain.

#3203 10 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

If it's doing that before launching the ball it's normal. All of the songs on Metallica play a short loop when you're in the shooter lane but play the full song after plunging.

Thank you!!!

Quoted from Jahkub:

It's just that the loops are built for the original songs so it's difficult to get a different song to work. If you have a song with a close enough tempo it can be done but will likely still need some creative editing.

Thank you again!!

New songs and jukebox info is loaded, just tweaking volume, but loving playing to Vicarious and The Knife on Met. Nice peice of software oga83, and the updated versions make it a breeze!

#3204 10 days ago

One further question, has anyone tried to change the songs on the jukebox, but maintain the songs as related to the pinball play. For example, when you get the graveyard multiball Id still like Master of Puppets to play, not my jukebox replacement song, do you know:
1) if this is possible, if so, which scripts are dedicated to the jukebox songs on 1.80?
2) is there enough memory to add 10 or 11 songs and keep original songs for multi-ball, crank it up, etc songs?

#3205 10 days ago
Quoted from Animal:

One further question, has anyone tried to change the songs on the jukebox, but maintain the songs as related to the pinball play. For example, when you get the graveyard multiball Id still like Master of Puppets to play, not my jukebox replacement song, do you know:
1) if this is possible, if so, which scripts are dedicated to the jukebox songs on 1.80?
2) is there enough memory to add 10 or 11 songs and keep original songs for multi-ball, crank it up, etc songs?

There isn't any way to do those things specifically, you have to work within the existing programming. I did find that the lady justice mode starts the music ~halfway through the track, so on one of my projects I had two songs pasted together to fill the audio space and found that song 2 queued up perfectly when lady justice began. I can't remember off the top of my head if any other songs/modes did that but there is one option for you at least. Also a tip, using a VM speeds up the audio prototyping nicely, no need to update your physical machine, just swap the rom file on your computer and run the VM.

#3206 10 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

There isn't any way to do those things specifically, you have to work within the existing programming. I did find that the lady justice mode starts the music ~halfway through the track, so on one of my projects I had two songs pasted together to fill the audio space and found that song 2 queued up perfectly when lady justice began. I can't remember off the top of my head if any other songs/modes did that but there is one option for you at least. Also a tip, using a VM speeds up the audio prototyping nicely, no need to update your physical machine, just swap the rom file on your computer and run the VM.

Very cool, Ill have to try that as I "polish" the song-swap. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is VM?

#3207 10 days ago
Quoted from Animal:

Very cool, Ill have to try that as I "polish" the song-swap. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is VM?

A virtual machine, just an emulator that makes testing new code changes much faster.

#3208 9 days ago

Thanks again Jahkub!

#3209 9 days ago

Here is my song swap. Message location may be helpful for those working on a MET song swap.
Pinball Browser song swap (resized).jpg

Yeah, Im going totally dial this in, its almost like having a new pin and the original was f'in' amazing!!

#3210 7 days ago

Can anyone with experience tell me if it would be possible to add Back In Black at the beginning of Iron Man (at the beginning of the first ball, not every ball)?

Would like it to replace the beginning sound/music but that comes and goes throughout the game. Would like Back In Black just once at the start (wouldn't need the entire song either, maybe just the first 25-35 or so seconds).

Could it be added at the start before the factory start music (in addition to) the other rather then replacing it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 218.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3210 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 65.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside