1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 112.
#3151 4 years ago

Have someone customized music tracks on Big Buck Hunter Pro? If yes, can someone give me some suggestion of musics for replacing tracks? I would really like to build my plan of changing audio

#3152 4 years ago

And do someone can dowload pinball browser v6.51 version from this site:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7mtia5

When I download it, I get error "This file is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous. Someone sent me that on a private message, and told me that I can view spike videos there

#3153 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

And do someone can dowload pinball browser v6.51 version from this site:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7mtia5
When I download it, I get error "This file is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous. Someone sent me that on a private message, and told me that I can view spike videos there

There are a few virus checkers that don't like Pinball Browser, are you able to disable yours?

#3154 4 years ago

Check this out from 9 months ago. Videos can be swapped out on Spike but not Spike 2. All the games you listed earlier were Spike 2 games. People have changed video on Spike 1 games like Ghostbusters. There's no reason to go back and download an older version of Pinball-Browser.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/57#post-4494542

Quoted from thundergod76:

oga83 How close are we to being able to swap out video clips in the Spike 2 system?

Quoted from oga83:

I've not been working on this as I've had almost no requests.
Is anyone else interested in this ?

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

There are a few virus checkers that don't like Pinball Browser, are you able to disable yours?

Maybe, but I don't know how

#3156 4 years ago

Hey guys! I downloaded pinball browser v6.51 from avast application (similar to google chrome) and browser now works, and videos for spike 2 firmwares can be seen? But for some reason, they can't be change, why? And for some reason, I can't open The Beatles firmware, I only get "Unknown firmware!"

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

Hey guys! I downloaded pinball browser v6.51 from avast application (similar to google chrome) and browser now works, and videos for spike 2 firmwares can be seen? But for some reason, they can't be change, why? And for some reason, I can't open The Beatles firmware, I only get "Unknown firmware!"

Beatles only works with version 6.60. You can't change the videos because they are Spike2 and the program doesn't allow that (yet).

#3158 4 years ago

Thx

#3159 4 years ago

Guys, where I can find rom for Supreme? Its stern's game, and code for that game isn't on their site. Can't wait to see modifications/parts for this pin in pinball browser. Where I can find a rom?

2 weeks later
#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

1 - The prefered method : Open an image (.img) of the game SD card :
* For Pinball Browser v6 :
Just insert the game SD-card into your PC and use the "Read image from X:"; Pinball Browser will make an image of your SD card and save it on your hard disk.
Modify what you want in this image. Once it's done, the modified image must be written to a SD-card, not a thumbdrive.
Do not use the original SD-card (keep it as a backup); use a new SD-card; no need to format it.
Use the "Write to SD" function in the SmartDmd tab.

I get as far as this last instruction, then Pinball Browser tells me it can't find the image file to write to the SD card. Say what?

Who has opened/modified/saved SPIKE firmware? I would love to connect with you. I've struggled with this for a few weeks now. Olivier is helpful, but I still haven't cracked it. I have used PB with SAM quite a lot, but the SPIKE firmware is proving to be my undoing.

Thanks.

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I get as far as this last instruction, then Pinball Browser tells me it can't find the image file to write to the SD card. Say what?

Basically, the game works with an SD card and Pinball Browser needs an image file.
That's the reason why 3 steps are required :
1- Transfer the SD card to an image file. You can use either Pinball Browser or a software like DiskImager.
2- Modify the firmware with Pinball Browser and save your modifications in the image file
3- Build a new SD card from the image file. You can use the same software than in step #1. If you do this with Pinball Browser, the function to use is in the SmartDmd tab. But there is one caveat and that's probably what you are experiencing : if the image file is already opened in Pinball Browser, you need to close it before you can tranfer it to a SD card.

#3162 4 years ago

oga83 is there a way to mix sounds in pinball browser? If so, how? Mixed sounds would sound good on pinball machine or in program

#3163 4 years ago

pekilica You can mix your sounds in a separate program and then import the final result in Pinball Browser.
Is this what you meant ?

#3164 4 years ago

Yes, that is. Thanks a lot

#3165 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

<snip>But there is one caveat and that's probably what you are experiencing : if the image file is already opened in Pinball Browser, you need to close it before you can tranfer it to a SD card.

Precisement! J'ai ferme le fil a tout ca va bien!

Merci!

#3166 4 years ago

Hey, do someone know where I can find "Spiderman spins a web" song? That song is used in spiderman game over, but instrumental. I saw and heard this song in one video where one man showed a replaced game over music. Where I can find this song?

1 week later
#3167 4 years ago

I've been away for a while, but it used to be I would use Audacity program to get my song lengths to match up perfect with what I'm replacing and bring them into pinball browser. Is that still the same case with this newest version? Anything else I need to know?

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I've been away for a while, but it used to be I would use Audacity program to get my song lengths to match up perfect with what I'm replacing and bring them into pinball browser. Is that still the same case with this newest version? Anything else I need to know?

That's what I use at least.

#3169 4 years ago

And do you just load the .spk file when updating or do you put the .dat file on the flash drive with the .spk file?

#3170 4 years ago

I keep getting "unpack failed" message at the very end of trying to update my Kiss LE with the latest code and new songs. Any suggestions?

So deleted the code and put it back on the flash drive and it finally worked. whew.

1 week later
#3171 4 years ago

I see some whitestar functionality has been added....

Does this mean I can finally modify the sounds on my southpark pinball?

#3172 4 years ago

I saw a video of Keith Elwin playing Star Trek with great rock songs as the music. Anyone know how to replicate? Thanks in advance.

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

I see some whitestar functionality has been added....
Does this mean I can finally modify the sounds on my southpark pinball?

This has been added in v5.50, but it's not very easy to use as many sounds are using loops.
From the FAQ:

Stern/Whitestar : Atmel and 6809 boards; Pinball Browser can only play and modify sounds

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This has been added in v5.50, but it's not very easy to use as many sounds are using loops.
From the
FAQ:

Challenge accepted. I want cartman singing pokerface in my game. And chocolate salty balls.

If i cant do it with this... Guess pinsound.

Although my southpark now has a stern 5v led dmd in it lmfao

20190613_204041 (resized).jpg20190613_204041 (resized).jpg
#3175 4 years ago

Does anybody know if you can still donate to get the license key? I tried to do so but it didn't go through and I can't get a license for Pinball Browsers to update the songs on my newly acquired metallica. It is saying the version I have won't allow me to import files because the song is too long for the version I have. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Update: Don't be connected to a VPN when trying to donate - all is good!

1 week later
#3176 4 years ago

Challenge accepted. I want cartman singing pokerface in my game. And chocolate salty balls.
If i cant do it with this... Guess pinsound.
Although my southpark now has a stern 5v led dmd in it lmfao[quoted image]

Do you (or anyone else) know what ROMs I am supposed to use for South Park in Pinball Browser? I tried the ones from IPDB but they don't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?

#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I tried the ones from IPDB but they don't seem to work

I have downloaded the South Park roms from IPDB here
and I have opened them with Pinball Browser :

sp1 (resized).pngsp1 (resized).pngsp2 (resized).pngsp2 (resized).png
#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I have downloaded the South Park roms from IPDB
here
and I have opened them with Pinball Browser :[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much for the SUPER FAST support. I wasn't trying to open the .101 file, I was going for the zip or the .100s. Thank you very much!!

#3179 4 years ago

Hi All,

I'm totally new to PBB. I backed up the IM SD card using HDDRawCopy and made a backup onto a new sd card as my first test. Installed into IM and backup is working so all is good.

Then I downloaded an uncompressed .img from the original SD card and then opened that in PBB, I expected to see our high scores but they are all just the defaults. So I guess the data on the SD is really stored elsewhere?

If I edit the SD img file and put it onto a new SD with new songs, is IM going to pick that up?

I guess I'm asking should I be working from the uncompressed .img file (SD) or the iron_maiden_le-1_06_0.spk (USB) file to make music changes?

Will either protect our high scores on an update?

EDIT: Works great editing the SD and updating music, writing it to SD with HDDRawCopy. High Scores and settings all preserved.

Thanks!
Mike

1 week later
#3180 4 years ago

oga83 do you see sounds ever being able to be replaced on southpark?

Pinsound apparently can't do it either.

So I may be stuck hiring a guy to work on MPF to re code thr game in that... Which seems like a ton of work just to get the sounda tweaked... Almost better off adding a couple trigger boards

#3181 4 years ago

Pinsound apparently can't do it either.

Why not? Their website says it's supported.

#3182 4 years ago

Actually, you can replace sounds on Southpark with Pinball Browser.
But I agree, it's not easy, mainly because of sound loops.

1 week later
#3183 4 years ago

I just upgraded the sound in my Metallica and wanted to replace the stock songs in the software with better quality mp3 files. Has anyone done this with the latest Metallica update? I’m not much of a computer guy, so rather than reinvent the wheel, I’d be willing to pay someone for a copy of their USB stick. Thanks.

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I just upgraded the sound in my Metallica and wanted to replace the stock songs in the software with better quality mp3 files. Has anyone done this with the latest Metallica update? I’m not much of a computer guy, so rather than reinvent the wheel, I’d be willing to pay someone for a copy of their USB stick. Thanks.

You are not going to be able to improve the quality. Whatever you use will be reduced to 24kHz mono.

#3185 4 years ago

Thanks for building this great tool! Just a quick question - Are there any plans for Gottlieb Sys3 support?

#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Thanks for building this great tool! Just a quick question - Are there any plans for Gottlieb Sys3 support?

Thanks.
Never had any request for these games.
Nothing is planned as the possibilities would be very limited anyway (same as WPC, Whitestar, ...)

#3187 4 years ago

oga83 new to this. I've read through your posts and FAQ. I think the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask. Is it possible to read audits / game events / switches in real time using Pinball Browser? I've got an STLE. My goal is to read events real time over the serial connection or another connection if possible. But I'm struggling to find an answer or anyone else who may have done this.

Thanks!!

#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from farmboy88:

Is it possible to read audits / game events / switches in real time using Pinball Browser?

The communication patch can be used on some games (SAM) to retrieve some informations (scores, game states, events, ...).
Some mods are based on this.

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I've not been working on this as I've had almost no requests.
Is anyone else interested in this ?

I (and I would think that LOTS of Iron Maiden owners) would LOVE to be able to change the graphic for song selections. Any way this could be implemented?

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I (and I would think that LOTS of Iron Maiden owners) would LOVE to be able to change the graphic for song selections. Any way this could be implemented?

Certainly, if time and money were no option, but as of right now its not a feature. There is a lot of code that's burnt into the ROM's that cannot be changed it would seem.

Mike

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I guess that you're talking about the Spike 2 version of Iron Maiden, not the old one with ROMs.
I'm currently working on it but it will take some time as there's a big challenge to overcome.

#3192 4 years ago

Great! Yes, Stern Spike 2. Thanks!

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Certainly, if time and money were no option, but as of right now its not a feature. There is a lot of code that's burnt into the ROM's that cannot be changed it would seem.
Mike

Spike 2 games are read from an SDCard, which is far easier to modify than an actual EEPROM (like a WMS game, say). So it's possible, just not quick

#3194 4 years ago

Thanks for the info! Rdoyle1978

1 week later
#3195 4 years ago

Troubleshooting question:

I have updated to pinball browser 660 and have tried to change songs in my MET Prem. In all cases songs play for either 3 seconds to around 30 seconds or so and then stop and loop.

My process is:
1) Using MET update 1.80
2) replacement songs used were a bit longer and shorter then the original (by no more than 15 seconds)
3) songs are in either mp3 or m4a format - I did not change them or use audacity as I believe it is no longer necessary with the updated version
4) song locations used are from the drop-down menu under the Sam and Macros tabs, specifically:
- For Whom the Bell Tolls - request 929
- Seek and Distroy - request 1368
- Sad but True - script 0x377 (couldnt find one under a "request")
- Fade to Black - request 888
5) Once I made the changes the songs play perfectly fine in pinball browser software on my computer
6) then i saved the file (MTL180LEmod3.bin) at top right had corner and then loaded in my MET

Please advise what could be the issue?

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Troubleshooting question

I don't understand exactly what the problem is.
Could you please explain what happens with 1 particular song :
- How does the original song play on the game ? (duration ? does it loop ?)
- What is the duration of your replacement song ?
- How does the replacement song play on the game (duration ? silence duration ? loop ?)
Make sure that you replace the longest script of the song. Otherwise, you could have a fragment issue (see "When I replace a sound-script, another one is impacted. Why ?"in the FAQ)

#3197 4 years ago

Ok, with one particular song: "For when the bell tolls" - I did the search in pinball browser and it brought me to request 929 - script 0x 1F8. the length listed is 5min09s547ms. It is the longest time for this song. I replaced it with Crazy Train: its an .mp3 and length is 4:58 seconds, then updated the .bin on the machine. When I queue'd "For when the bell tolls" song, "Crazy Train" plays for about 2 to 3 seconds, stopped and then loops and plays again, etc.

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Ok, with one particular song: "For when the bell tolls" - I did the search in pinball browser and it brought me to request 929 - script 0x 1F8. the length listed is 5min09s547ms. It is the longest time for this song. I replaced it with Crazy Train: its an .mp3 and length is 4:58 seconds, then updated the .bin on the machine. When I queue'd "For when the bell tolls" song, "Crazy Train" plays for about 2 to 3 seconds, stopped and then loops and plays again, etc.

If it's doing that before launching the ball it's normal. All of the songs on Metallica play a short loop when you're in the shooter lane but play the full song after plunging.

#3199 4 years ago

OMG, I never noticed that! ...damn! Ok, I will try again...thanks!

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

OMG, I never noticed that! ...damn! Ok, I will try again...thanks!

It's just that the loops are built for the original songs so it's difficult to get a different song to work. If you have a song with a close enough tempo it can be done but will likely still need some creative editing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/64?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.