1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 112.
#3101 5 years ago

Thanks

#3102 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a list of the different versions of Tron code that people have made?

From what I've seen, the 3 main ones are:

Remix
Movie Faithful
Dubsteb

#3103 5 years ago

Guys! Stern released #black knight sword of rage game and code for pro (0.91.0). Do someone tried that code with pbrowser? Do pbrowser can at all open this code? Idk really, cause my E:/ disk is full, and black knight is spike game. And, I have many files on E disk that I don't want to delete. Maybe I will found something I don't need. Anyway, do pbrowser can open this game?

#3104 5 years ago

Opened just fine with 6.60! Wow the sounds on this game are awesome!

#3105 5 years ago

Yall know that pekilica is Gary Stern right?

#3106 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yall know that pekilica is Gary Stern right?

Well who ever Pekilica is I am currently his biggest fan on here

#3107 5 years ago

somehow I find him more entertaining than Otaku

#3108 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Opened just fine with 6.60! Wow the sounds on this game are awesome!

For black knight?

#3109 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Well who ever Pekilica is I am currently his biggest fan on here

Really?

#3110 5 years ago

If you are my biggest fan, then try sometimes to help me when I ask something

#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

ask not what Pinside can do for you, but ask what you can do for Pinside...

#3112 5 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

I supposed its your entitled attitude along with the demands for assistance that is part of your charm

#3113 5 years ago

Is there any possibility of changing the austin power song? I hate bossa nova.
i have the pinball brownser

#3114 5 years ago
Quoted from rivalem:

any possibility of changing the austin power song?

Yes, probably. See F.A.Q. regarding Whitestar. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/38#post-2722290
"Firmwares

Which firmware is supported ?
Pinball Browser currently supports the following firmwares :
- Stern/Sam firmwares : fully supported ;
- Stern/Spike firmwares : fully supported, except for the communication patch that is not available; At prensent time, videos cannot be imported in some games.
- Stern/Whitestar : Atmel and 6809 boards; Pinball Browser can only play and modify sounds;"

#3115 5 years ago

Yes, whitestar firmwares have sounds, but no musics

#3116 5 years ago

In pinball browser

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

In pinball browser

thanks for asking me pekilica and YeOldPinPlayer

hi my friend pekilica, i opend on pbrowser, but open only sound, not musics....

=///

#3118 4 years ago

There's pinsound, that allow you to replace sounds/musics. Visit it:https://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/

#3119 4 years ago

So just picked up a first run Luci (not Vault)...but the music and such are not as clean as I've heard come out of Vault Luci's for some reason. I know the bitrate and such of the music tracks from stern are very crappy, can I use this to "upgrade" and get better quality music from the CD's of the same songs? Id have to edit the tracks I know to fit the game, but I am just tired of hearing crappy recordings on this which shouldnt be...

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

So just picked up a first run Luci (not Vault)...but the music and such are not as clean as I've heard come out of Vault Luci's for some reason. I know the bitrate and such of the music tracks from stern are very crappy, can I use this to "upgrade" and get better quality music from the CD's of the same songs? Id have to edit the tracks I know to fit the game, but I am just tired of hearing crappy recordings on this which shouldnt be...

Maybe they used crappy speakers in your machine? I imagine all the software is the same, so probably a hardware problem.

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

The SAM games are mono. They will never sound as good as SPIKE games. Pinball Broswer won't help you with that.

#3122 4 years ago

Have someone got same issue when trying to open .000 firmware:
I have tested it with Aerosmith, Star Wars, And Guardians of the galaxy, and I got this error upon opening.
Do someone know how to fix this?

bandicam 2019-05-01 17-21-13-298 (resized).jpgbandicam 2019-05-01 17-21-13-298 (resized).jpg
#3123 4 years ago

SPIKE firmware editors: Please help!

I'm struggling to open SPIKE firmware with Pinball Browser. I'm hoping to connect with SPIKE-system Pinball Browser users. I have a fair bit of experience with the software but only with SAM games. I'm reading the program's author's instructions on opening SPIKE firmware and I'm not getting very far.

From Olivier's post:

How do I open a Spike firmware?

1 - The prefered method : Open an image (.img) of the game SD card :
* For Pinball Browser v6 :

Say what?

Just insert the game SD-card into your PC and use the "Read image from X:"; Pinball Browser will make an image of your SD card and save it on your hard disk.

Tried this but can't find the "Read image from X" command in Pinball Browser.

Modify what you want in this image. Once it's done, the modified image must be written to a SD-card, not a thumbdrive.
Do not use the original SD-card (keep it as a backup); use a new SD-card; no need to format it.
Use the "Write to SD" function in the SmartDmd tab.

I'm embarrassed to say that, despite doing some reading online about SD cards and creating images, I'm pretty well lost. I also looked for tutorials on YouTube but found only McSirTuna's clip where he tackles a SAM game.

I would ask Olivier directly, but he's quite busy and my hope was to connect with a Pinsider on the subject if I could.

#3124 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

SPIKE firmware editors: Please help!
I'm struggling to open SPIKE firmware with Pinball Browser. I'm hoping to connect with SPIKE-system Pinball Browser users. I have a fair bit of experience with the software but only with SAM games. I'm reading the program's author's instructions on opening SPIKE firmware and I'm not getting very far.
From Olivier's post:
How do I open a Spike firmware?
1 - The prefered method : Open an image (.img) of the game SD card :
* For Pinball Browser v6 :
Say what?
Just insert the game SD-card into your PC and use the "Read image from X:"; Pinball Browser will make an image of your SD card and save it on your hard disk.
Tried this but can't find the "Read image from X" command in Pinball Browser.
Modify what you want in this image. Once it's done, the modified image must be written to a SD-card, not a thumbdrive.
Do not use the original SD-card (keep it as a backup); use a new SD-card; no need to format it.
Use the "Write to SD" function in the SmartDmd tab.
I'm embarrassed to say that, despite doing some reading online about SD cards and creating images, I'm pretty well lost. I also looked for tutorials on YouTube but found only McSirTuna's clip where he tackles a SAM game.
I would ask Olivier directly, but he's quite busy and my hope was to connect with a Pinsider on the subject if I could.

Download HDD Raw Copy Tool and use it to make an image of your original SD card. https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/HDDRawCopy1.10Setup.exe

Make a backup copy of the image file for safe keeping. You should now have 2 image files - a backup of the original and the one you're going to edit.

Open the image file you're editing with Pinball Browser and make your changes.

When you're done, use HDD Raw Copy Tool to copy the image file to a new SD card that's the same size or larger than your original.

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Download HDD Raw Copy Tool and use it to make an image of your original SD card. https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/HDDRawCopy1.10Setup.exe
Make a backup copy of the image file for safe keeping. You should now have 2 image files - a backup of the original and the one you're going to edit.
Open the image file you're editing with Pinball Browser and make your changes.
When you're done, use HDD Raw Copy Tool to copy the image file to a new SD card that's the same size or larger than your original.

Thank you, RS, for your helpful reply. I thought I could do this *without* a machine. I may be wrong. My freshly-ordered game is on route to me. I don't have it *or* the SD card it apparently contains. I just wanted to get started creating some customized code for it. Is there no work-around? I just have to wait for the machine/card to arrive?

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

Have someone got same issue when trying to open .000 firmware:
I have tested it with Aerosmith, Star Wars, And Guardians of the galaxy, and I got this error upon opening.
Do someone know how to fix this?
[quoted image]

Help me

#3127 4 years ago

Is there no work-around? I just have to wait for the machine/card to arrive?

You can make your own: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#3128 4 years ago

Thank you, RS, for your helpful reply. I thought I could do this *without* a machine. I may be wrong. My freshly-ordered game is on route to me. I don't have it *or* the SD card it apparently contains. I just wanted to get started creating some customized code for it. Is there no work-around? I just have to wait for the machine/card to arrive?

I was never able to get the SD card method to work on BM66, I should probably give it another go. I instead edit the update file directly and update the machine with the edited file.
It's also worth noting that in my case the outputted files are missing the "spk" in the file name so they needed to be renamed to include it.

#3129 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I was never able to get the SD card method to work on BM66, I should probably give it another go. I instead edit the update file directly and update the machine with the edited file.
It's also worth noting that in my case the outputted files are missing the "spk" in the file name so they needed to be renamed to include it.

Hi, Jahkub.

Please tell me how you're editing the OS file directly. I'm still struggling to open SPIKE firmware with PB. I did make progress, but I'm not there yet. I made a new SD card from scratch using Stern's instructions. Now I'm tying to open that file with PB but each time I try it says, "Unknown Firmware!" When I ask PB to read the file from the drive with the card in it, it prompts me to save a copy of the file to the hard drive - which I do. But when I try to open that saved file, PB doesn't recognize it. I must be screwing up the syntax of the file name. All I'm doing is preserving the file name from the Stern OS file and just changing ".raw" at the end to ".img".

J

#3130 4 years ago

The file name for the raw OS from Stern:

iron_maiden_le-1_06_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw

The file name for the same file *after* it's imaged - in two parts - by BalenaEtcher:

a. stern-spike2.dtb (47 KB)

b. zlimage (5746 KB)

Olivier's instructions for opening the firmware:

"Just insert the game SD-card into your PC and use the "Read image from X:"; Pinball Browser will make an image of your SD card and save it on your hard disk."

What is "X" in this case? Simply my drive slot? I have the card in a reader in the D: drive slot. When I ask PB to read the file from there, it complains "Unknown Firmware" - most likely because the file type is one it doesn't recognize. PB will read files of certain file types - .img, .bin, etc.

J

#3131 4 years ago

Hi, Jahkub.
Please tell me how you're editing the OS file directly. I'm still struggling to open SPIKE firmware with PB. I did make progress, but I'm not there yet. I made a new SD card from scratch using Stern's instructions. Now I'm tying to open that file with PB but each time I try it says, "Unknown Firmware!" When I ask PB to read the file from the drive with the card in it, it prompts me to save a copy of the file to the hard drive - which I do. But when I try to open that saved file, PB doesn't recognize it. I must be screwing up the syntax of the file name. All I'm doing is preserving the file name from the Stern OS file and just changing ".raw" at the end to ".img".
J

I just open the file "batman-1_03_0.spk.003.000” directly in pinball browser and do the edits I need, then click "pack firmware for USB". In Batman's case I need to rename the now two (instead of 3) files so that the machine will recognize them. For some reason the program drops the "spk" part of the filename when packing the files.

All of this may not help but it's how I manage to do it.

#3132 4 years ago

Hey @jahkub, did you done to open batman 66 .000 file with pinball browser? If so, how do you did that? For me, I can't open aerosmith, star wars and batman 66

#3133 4 years ago

Aerosmith (Premium/LE) and Star Wars (Premium/LE) are 4.0 GB when I am downloading .zip file that have .000, .001 etc. files. Batman 66 is 5 GB and first time I opened it, it did work fine. So is correctly that I can't open large files?

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

Aerosmith (Premium/LE) and Star Wars (Premium/LE) are 4.0 GB when I am downloading .zip file that have .000, .001 etc. files. Batman 66 is 5 GB and first time I opened it, it did work fine. So is correctly that I can't open large files?

I just open it from the file folder button in the program, I don't know why it doesn't work for you. maybe you didn't unzip the folder before trying to open it?

#3135 4 years ago

I suppose it's cause aerosmith and star wars and batman 66 takes long time to download, but files inside are 1,86 GB. Do you opened aerosmith or star wars firmware with pinball browser sometimes? If yes, can you please tell me what name of file was?

#3136 4 years ago

I am not unziping folders. I just go in folder and copy file that I need to open to directory where I am putting all codes that I want to open with pinball browser. Idk do that have something related for error when I open 000 file

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

What's that Luci game?

#3138 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

I am not unziping folders. I just go in folder and copy file that I need to open to directory where I am putting all codes that I want to open with pinball browser. Idk do that have something related for error when I open 000 file

Try unzipping the folders THEN try opening them.

#3139 4 years ago

Ok, thanks

#3140 4 years ago

I unziped aerosmith 1.07 zip file to directory, then I opened code, and I doned! Thanks alot @jahkub, you are very nice man

#3141 4 years ago

I solved the mystery y'all!

#3142 4 years ago

When you open a .zip file with Pinball Browser, it assumes that it's a "Spooky Pinball" firmware.
That's why it fails when you try to open a Spike firmware that is still unzipped.

#3145 4 years ago

Guys, what I do actually need to do with "ffmpeg" to make videos avaible in spike firmwares? To copy it in folder where I have pinball browser? If so, I copied ffmpeg in directory where I am putting all my codes and pinball browser, and videos can't be seen still. Here's on what games I can't see videos:
Iron Maiden
Guardians of the Galaxy
Aerosmith
Deadpool
Star Wars
Munsters
Batman '66
The Beatles
Black Knight: Sword of Rage

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

Guys, what I do actually need to do with "ffmpeg" to make videos avaible in spike firmwares? To copy it in folder where I have pinball browser? If so, I copied ffmpeg in directory where I am putting all my codes and pinball browser, and videos can't be seen still. Here's on what games I can't see videos:
Iron Maiden
Guardians of the Galaxy
Aerosmith
Deadpool
Star Wars
Munsters
Batman '66
The Beatles
Black Knight: Sword of Rage

You can't. There is no video editing with pinball browser on spike roms.

#3147 4 years ago

Then, what "videos" tab doing in pinball browser spike roms when its empty?

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

You can't. There is no video editing with pinball browser on spike roms.

I edited Ghostbusters' cat video and replaced it with Vigo in the ecto goggles. That was a SPIKE game.

#3149 4 years ago

But did you saw videos on some other firmwares? As iron maiden or star wars?

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I edited Ghostbusters' cat video and replaced it with Vigo in the ecto goggles. That was a SPIKE game.

I should have said spike/LCD, dmd games can be edited.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/63?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.