1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 112.
#2951 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I could use some help!
I work with audio daily so I'm up to speed, but having trouble. Working on the new Kiss code, I've altered all my new songs in protools to fit the song lengths that are specified. My files are 16/44.1 and import and playback correctly on the Browser software. When I load the game up.....it cuts all the songs short, some it cuts 20 sec off another it cuts a minute off. Yes, triple checked all the time lengths and all that, certainly can't be off by a minute. So.... am I exporting the session incorrectly? Or is it a Stern issue? Or?
Thanks!

I’m not familiar with KISS specifically, but some games appear to have the songs listed twice - there’s a longer one that you probably replaced, and there are shorter clips which are made to loop. You may want to verify whether the songs appear in 2 places

#2952 5 years ago

I appreciate the response, but don't think that's it, I've triple checked all that. Example: Detroit Rock City is at location 36 and is 3:56 long...I replaced it with a song that is exactly 3:56 and it looks and plays fine in the Browser software. When I load it into the game it only makes it to 3:43 and restarts the song about 5 seconds into it. Some songs are worse, cutting almost a minute off. I've tried working with the spk file and I've tried working with the image straight from the SD, with the same results. Somebody please try working on KISS and see if similar results happen.

#2953 5 years ago

The game software may be playing the audio clips for a shorter duration than the actual file length. It may not be noticeable in the stock song, but occur in the middle of a verse on your replacement, making it jarring and abrupt.

#2954 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The game software may be playing the audio clips for a shorter duration than the actual file length. It may not be noticeable in the stock song, but occur in the middle of a verse on your replacement, making it jarring and abrupt.

Don't think so.... my files are all edited in protools to accommodate the exact times listed for the stock songs. If the was a discrepancy with timing, it would be milliseconds. I have one song that is 4:07.470 long, the content I put in is 4:07.470, but in the game it only plays 2:58 of it and then loops back to the beginning. I'm questioning whether this works with spike correctly..... need some other users to chime in.

#2955 5 years ago

Yes, but the song you’re replacing has a different arrangement and tempo.

The game is coded to loop certain sections of the song depending on the gameplay etc.

I’ve had some screwy results as well.

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Yes, but the song you’re replacing has a different arrangement and tempo.
The game is coded to loop certain sections of the song depending on the gameplay etc.
I’ve had some screwy results as well.

Kiss is not coded to loop certain sections of songs.....I have worked on other games that definitely do that. On Kiss you can start a game, select a song, and then do nothing.... the song will play in its entirety. It will play the full length of time listed in the browser, when I replace the stock track, it will not. I will gladly send someone some edited kiss tracks to try.

#2957 5 years ago

Kiss is not coded to loop certain sections of songs.....I have worked on other games that definitely do that. On Kiss you can start a game, select a song, and then do nothing.... the song will play in its entirety. It will play the full length of time listed in the browser, when I replace the stock track, it will not. I will gladly send someone some edited kiss tracks to try.

Pretty weird. Maybe there's a checksum situation in effect here. The song you're replacing somehow is being calculated to play a few seconds shorter. Are the stock music files in stereo or mono?

#2958 5 years ago

Don't think so.... my files are all edited in protools to accommodate the exact times listed for the stock songs. If the was a discrepancy with timing, it would be milliseconds. I have one song that is 4:07.470 long, the content I put in is 4:07.470, but in the game it only plays 2:58 of it and then loops back to the beginning. I'm questioning whether this works with spike correctly..... need some other users to chime in.

I think you misunderstood what I said. I was saying that even if your new songs match exactly, they game itself may only be calling a smaller portion of that file, it it's timed to end when it's not obvious, and when the game ends your new song early, it being a unique and different song, ends in the middle of a verse or something.

Yes, Pinball Browser works fine with SPIKE games. I've replaced audio on GB with no issues.

#2959 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I think you misunderstood what I said. I was saying that even if your new songs match exactly, they game itself may only be calling a smaller portion of that file, it it's timed to end when it's not obvious, and when the game ends your new song early, it being a unique and different song, ends in the middle of a verse or something.
Yes, Pinball Browser works fine with SPIKE games. I've replaced audio on GB with no issues.

Uh, no......if a song is 4:00 long and you replace it with a 4:00 song, the system doesn't know any difference, it should play the same length. There is absolutely no reason for it to play a different length. I have used this on my other games and that's how it always worked. I am running a test now that will definitively answer these questions.

#2960 5 years ago

Uh, no......if a song is 4:00 long and you replace it with a 4:00 song, the system doesn't know any difference, it should play the same length. There is absolutely no reason for it to play a different length. I have used this on my other games and that's how it always worked. I am running a test now that will definitively answer these questions.

You don't know that. You can't see the internal game code to know at what length it plays the asset. You (we) only know the entire running time of the asset. You're assuming it plays the entire thing. I can tell you Stern's code does things with the sounds assets that you wouldn't normally expect.

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You don't know that. You can't see the internal game code to know at what length it plays the asset. You (we) only know the entire running time of the asset. You're assuming it plays the entire thing. I can tell you Stern's code does things with the sounds assets that you wouldn't normally expect.

Sure don't want to argue, but your just wrong. Not my first rodeo. Kiss plays songs in FULL LENGTH, yes, you can listen to them all the way through to the end.

#2962 5 years ago

Sure don't want to argue, but your just wrong. Not my first rodeo. Kiss plays songs in FULL LENGTH, yes, you can listen to them all the way through to the end.

Not mine either.

Have a nice day.

#2963 5 years ago

Here's the Definetive test I did to ease people's minds about the tracks I was importing.

I EXPORTED an original track from the KISS SD card with a runtime of 4:07.470, then it loops.

Then, I IMPORTED that SAME track as a 16/44.1 wav file like browser says.

Loaded the code into Spike and the track now plays for only 2:58 before it loops.

My opinion is that there is a problem with the conversion in browser.

P.S. I sound like a dick in some of these posts, I swear I'm not, I'm hyper critical of audio and just trying to figure things out.

#2964 5 years ago

Here's the Definetive test I did to ease people's minds about the tracks I was importing.
I EXPORTED an original track from the KISS SD card with a runtime of 4:07.470, then it loops.
Loaded the code into Spike and the track now plays for only 2:58 before it loops.
P.S. I sound like a dick in some of these posts, I swear I'm not, I'm hyper critical of audio and just trying to figure things out.

Does it consistently play only 2:58 ? And when you read the file back from the card, is it the entire file ? (I.e. does it playback the full 4:07 when you play it in vlcplayer or whatever?)

#2965 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does it consistently play only 2:58 ? And when you read the file back from the card, is it the entire file ? (I.e. does it playback the full 4:07 when you play it in vlcplayer or whatever?)

Yep, exactly..... loops at the same spot everytime. It does play full length on Browser or anywhere else.

#2966 5 years ago

Why can't Pinball Browser BIN files be seen in PC Explorer?

I tried changing in Explorer "View", "Options", "View" and checked "show hidden files", but no dice. I can see the BIN files Pinball Browser creates ONLY in Pinball Browser, and not my my PC.

Attached are side by side screen shots of Pinball Browser showing the files clearly, but not viewable on my PC. Other attachment shows my view selections for Explorer. Any suggestions? I have no other problems with any other applications.

Spent hours working on changing out songs on MET 1.80 only to find that I have nothing to copy over to a flash drive to upload \-(

Oliver (the developer) and I traded about 10 emails and I tried both Pinball Browser versions 5.x and 6.x with no luck in viewing any of the files.

Appreciate any suggestions.

ron

Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPGPinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPGshow hidden files (resized).JPGshow hidden files (resized).JPG
#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

Why can't Pinball Browser BIN files be seen in PC Explorer?
I tried changing in Explorer "View", "Options", "View" and checked "show hidden files", but no dice. I can see the BIN files Pinball Browser creates ONLY in Pinball Browser, and not my my PC.
Attached are side by side screen shots of Pinball Browser showing the files clearly, but not viewable on my PC. Other attachment shows my view selections for Explorer. Any suggestions? I have no other problems with any other applications.
Spent hours working on changing out songs on MET 1.80 only to find that I have nothing to copy over to a flash drive to upload \-(
Oliver (the developer) and I traded about 10 emails and I tried both Pinball Browser versions 5.x and 6.x with no luck in viewing any of the files.
Appreciate any suggestions.
ron
[quoted image][quoted image]

Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”.

#2968 5 years ago

Hello everyone,

I've got a question that I couldn't answer by searching within the topic.

For the Pin/PC communication, can I use a USB/USB cable instead of an RS232 cable?

#2969 5 years ago
Quoted from paulofelipe:

For the Pin/PC communication, can I use a USB/USB cable instead of an RS232 cable?

No, this is not possible

#2970 5 years ago

Just out of curiosity, export your edited audio file out of Pro Tools and open in Audacity. Then, export out of Audacity and load into Pinball Browser.

#2971 5 years ago

Quick question maybe it's already been answered or obvious but what would be recommended for quality of Voice Call outs or Voice overs when you edit/replace them? Same as music or audio files? Or would this be a little different?

#2972 5 years ago

Using Pinball Browser to replace songs on my Iron Maiden. I'd like to replace the images used at song selection and potentially even replace some videos if possible.

I can't find any static images in Pinball Browser when searching the Iron Maiden 1.05 disk image. The videos are viewable but I'm not able to replace them. Any tips?

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Quick question maybe it's already been answered or obvious but what would be recommended for quality of Voice Call outs or Voice overs when you edit/replace them? Same as music or audio files? Or would this be a little different?

You'll get the best results with a lossless format sampled at 24kHz (or a multiple), mono or stereo, like PCM (most .WAV files are PCM encoded) or FLAC.
You can import FLAC files with Pinball Browser, provided you don't use the "Legacy" or "Mac-OS" sound engines (Config tab).

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

The videos are viewable but I'm not able to replace them. Any tips?

Videos can't be replaced on this gamie. I'm working on it

#2975 5 years ago

I'm excited to tell you you about a project I've been working on for months with Jay, Ron and Brian from Scorbit :
Scorbit thread on Pinside

In brief, it's a platform that will be able to transform any pinball machine into a connected device

It integrates a lot of things from SmartDmd and Pinball Browser.

I'm quite familiar with the hardware they've designed (I've helped design it), and it's quite powerful.
The opportunities to run different applications on it is pretty interesting.

The Scorbit team is committed to keeping the platform open for the community developers.
As the API will be open, I think it will bring some great enhancements to what we're doing...

#2976 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'm excited to tell you you about a project I've been working on for months with Jay, Ron and Brian from Scorbit :
Scorbit thread on Pinside
In brief, it's a platform that will be able to transform any pinball machine into a connected device
It integrates a lot of things from SmartDmd and Pinball Browser.
I'm quite familiar with the hardware they've designed (I've helped design it), and it's quite powerful.
The opportunities to run different applications on it is pretty interesting.
The Scorbit team is committed to keeping the platform open for the community developers.
As the API will be open, I think it will bring some great enhancements to what we're doing...

Couldn't have done any of this without @oga83! This guy is a super hero.

#2977 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Videos can't be replaced on this gamie. I'm working on it

Appreciate all the hard work!

1 week later
#2978 5 years ago

Why sounds are missing if at least once sound request number missing?And how i can add them?

#2979 5 years ago

Is there more versions except v6.60 for pinball browser still?

#2980 5 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

Why sounds are missing if at least once sound request number missing?And how i can add them?

You can't add sound requests.
Which sound request is missing ? in which game ?

#2981 5 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

Is there more versions except v6.60 for pinball browser still?

The latest version is v6.60 (from last december)

#2982 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You can't add sound requests.
Which sound request is missing ? in which game ?

For wheel of fortune there's missing requests 27-35 so no music files there.And for shrek there's missing request 411 and some mores(i didn't remember them)

#2983 5 years ago

And where's the messeges"Each shot changes Fiona, Shrek and donkey forms in...","Potion problems","Each shot will explain ogres to donkey who do not understand in.."and "Ogres are onions"messages for shrek?

#2984 5 years ago

Plus why i can't change longer sounds?

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

For wheel of fortune there's missing requests 27-35 so no music files there.And for shrek there's missing request 411 and some mores(i didn't remember them)

That happens when Stern modifies the code and a sound-request is not used any longer.
Its slot is kept so that the following sound-requests keep the same position but it has no sound-script.
In this case, Pinball Browser does not display the empty sound-request in the list.
This is exactly what happens for Shrek sound-requests #411. I have not checked WOF but it should be the same.

Quoted from pekilica:

See question "Why can't I change the duration of a sound ?" in the FAQ

Quoted from pekilica:

And where's the messeges"Each shot changes Fiona, Shrek and donkey forms in...","Potion problems","Each shot will explain ogres to donkey who do not understand in.."and "Ogres are onions"messages for shrek?

That, I can't tell because I don't know the game well enough.
Most often, the callouts are somewhere in the sound-scripts list.

#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

See question "Why can't I change the duration of a sound ?" in the FAQ

#2987 5 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

#2988 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

But i haven't seen that messages callouts(if you mean that, messages)never for any firmware

#2989 5 years ago

Plus why i can't open spk firmwares?I open it and computer just blocks

#2990 5 years ago

I would really want to get more messages for shrek,i wanna customize them

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

But i haven't seen that messages callouts(if you mean that, messages)never for any firmware at sound page

#2992 5 years ago

And what's the export for sound?

#2993 5 years ago

I'm not sure if you are talking about sound callouts or text messages.
A good place to start it the FAQ. You'll find most of your answers :
- Sound export : What are the differences between the free and the registered version ?
- Spk : How do I open a Spike firmware ?
Pinball Browser will not be able to add any new messages or sounds into a firmware; you can only modify what is shown.

#2994 5 years ago

Ok

#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'm not sure if you are talking about sound callouts or text messages.

Talking about both,but i know now callouts are sounds

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

- Sound export : What are the differences between the free and the registered version ?

But i in this section can see just why sounds can not be exported,not what means that"Export"

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Why can't I change the duration of a sound ?
The sound track duration cannot be changed. If your file is too long, it will be cut; if it is too short, there will be no sound for the remaining time. Internal structures are too complex to allow this kind of modification (a sound-request is generally made of several sound-scripts; each sound-script can be split into several sound-fragments...); Use the embedded sound editor (or Audacity) to adjust your sounds.
More info here

But there's a mini way:If you have bandicam on your pc,you can activate bandicam recording and play that sound you wanna split duration during recording.After ending,if that sound you want to change are shorter than 10s,you can import that sound with duration shorter

#2998 5 years ago

What are the differences between the free and the registered version ?
In the free version, the restrictions are :
- Sounds that are longer than 10s cannot be imported.

#2999 5 years ago

Can we do that?Because i still not doning to open spk firmwares,can someone who can insert them record iron maiden high score music and send there to i can listen?

#3000 5 years ago

Why nobody listen to me?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eden Prairie, MN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.