1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 112.
#2901 5 years ago

Cross posted on metallica owners thread,
Seeking someone with PinBrowser experience.
I'm looking to swap tracks on my MET Pro
-One (1066) 7:24
for Hit the Lights/Motorbreath 7:25
-Unforgiven (1494) 6:26
for No Remorse 6:27
If someone here has experience with audacity and pinbrowser swapping tracks please PM me.
I would be looking to get the 2 songs changed as well as any accompanying track titles on the display.
I'm willing to spend a small amount of cash for someone's time. I've got $25USD in my PayPal if someone is willing to help me out. Cheers.

#2902 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry to be that guy but my computer knowledge is almost zero and I type with about 4 fingers.
I'm ready to finally swap out some songs on my Metallica pro.
One, sad but true and unforgiven are on the chopping block.
I'd like to put in whiplash, 4 horseman, hit the light and spit out the bone. 3 of them at least obviously.
If someone could post (ideally a video) some very dumber down instructions on how to use pinbrowser and audacity I would be very grateful. I've done the basic reading. I know the songs need to fill the same length and to equalize them and whatnot.....I just dont know how. I literally dont even know a good source for the songs. I still buy cds

i still buy CDs too

this is pretty much a step by step how to replace a song

#2904 5 years ago

Did anyone ever try this on a southpark?

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

Did anyone ever try this on a southpark?

No because I read the first post of this thread

#2906 5 years ago

attempting to run the macro on the v1.80 firmware causes the following error in pinball browser (v6.50)

Warning: Cannot remap vector 0x28 !

I've already sent an email to olivier

additionally, I've already started looking into the changes for the image positions (stern added the following 5 new images at following memory locations:
0x6E - BRT menu option
0x6F - BRT (selected) menu option
0xC1 - a 7x7 dark gray hollow circle
0xC2 - a 9x32 dark gray triangle
and 0xC3 - 55x11 dark gray triangle (sloping downwards to the right)

these additional images will require the following command to be added to the 1.70 MET smart dmd macro:
ShiftId,0,0x57B,0x580

I would suggest adding this this command right after the ExtendMemory command in the macro

I'm still receiving error messages but they are mostly due to the fact that the macro lines are being parsed incorrectly (some have multiple commands on a single line). since the smart dmd macro is nearly 500,000 lines long, it will probably take me a few days to go through it all to get it back running without any errors

#2907 5 years ago

good new, bad news time

first the good news
I've been able to correct my macro and it now successfully compiles without any errors on my end

now, the bad news
due to the changes (additions) to the v1.80 code, there is not enough free memory to run my entire macro

free memory -> free memory after extending it
1304198 -> 3,282,352

6987 images
5053 sounds
1874 messages
203 adjustments

16 high scores

1289030 -> 3,143,456

6992 images
5076 sounds
2104 messages
208 adjustments

16 high scores

my thought is that you could probably eliminate either all of the cross shaped tombstone animations or the rounded tombstone ones and that should be enough to allow it to successfully compile

#2908 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

good new, bad news time
first the good news
I've been able to correct my macro and it now successfully compiles without any errors on my end
now, the bad news
due to the changes (additions) to the v1.80 code, there is not enough free memory to run my entire macro
1304198 -> 3,282,352
6987 images
5053 sounds
1874 messages
203 adjustments
16 high scores
1289030 -> 3,143,456
6992 images
5076 sounds
2104 messages
208 adjustments
16 high scores
my thought is that you could probably eliminate either all of the cross shaped tombstone animations or the rounded tombstone ones and that should be enough to allow it to successfully compile

I like your plan... I'm fine with dumping the rounded tombstones I had my game on that for a while just to see the extra work you did but changed back to the crosses just before the new code dropped.

#2909 5 years ago

with the rounded tombstones, the macro completes successfully with just over 30,000 bytes of free memory

I may have to eliminate the custom splash logo, because I'm seeing a value of 4,294,961,311 bytes of free memory available after the macro completes. I had to strip out all of colour for the hammer and the puking snake (match sequence) to get it to complete with a valid free memory value ( [] free bytes

edit:
still receiving a really large "free memory" value after running the macro even after stripping the custom splash logo

#2910 5 years ago

Anyone has worked on Shrek code or FG if the bookmarks are similar ?
Working a shrek, finding the songs for the "missions' is a pain cause it is most instrumental and there a lot of files not used.

#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from TIB:

i still buy CDs too
this is pretty much a step by step how to replace a song

Good video.

I wish there were more of these step by step ( nothing and I mean nothing missed out ) for those of us who have zero clue how to do this kind of stuff.

Surely there must be a ton of people swapping MET songs now?

Can people put videos on youtube please?

I am just waiting for the big KISS update, before trying to swop out some songs.

1 week later
#2912 5 years ago

anybody have any luck with Beatles Disk Image. I'm getting "Image Not Recognized", or some such error.

#2913 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

anybody have any luck with Beatles Disk Image. I'm getting "Image Not Recognized", or some such error.

Same here...tried this tonight.

Is there some sort of patch needed to open Beatles?

#2914 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Same here...tried this tonight.
Is there some sort of patch needed to open Beatles?

I'm on it...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#2915 5 years ago

Pinball Browser v6.60 can now open The Beatles.
There are new features in the videos that are not implemented yet. It will take a little longer.

#2916 5 years ago

Is saving high scores implemented as well? Last time I checked that wasn't doable yet on my SWLE...

#2917 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Is saving high scores implemented as well? Last time I checked that wasn't doable yet on my SWLE...

I guess the hiscores for Spike Systems are not saved on the SD card. AFAIK saving hiscores is only supported on SAM systems with a serial connection to your PC.

#2918 5 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I guess the hiscores for Spike Systems are not saved on the SD card. AFAIK saving hiscores is only supported on SAM systems with a serial connection to your PC.

Hiscores are on the SD card, in Spike2 systems at least. I can find and decode them on my GoTG (partition 5 which is /dev/rdisk2s5) but they don't seem to be read/written by PB.

#2919 5 years ago

I'm new here and just donated to use this great tool.

So I downloaded the latest Metallica code 1.80 and opened mtl180.bin and it seems like no one uploaded bookmarks with song names etc for this version yet as the combo is all empty.

I went and searched for the old mtl170.bin just to play around but I couldn't locate it anywhere - anyone able to direct me or send me the old file?

Thanks!

#2920 5 years ago

Wondering what this system exception message is when I exit PB (v6.60)?
Using Windows 10 / 64-Bit

PBv660 (resized).pngPBv660 (resized).png
#2921 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Wondering what this system exception message is when I exit PB (v6.60)?

It means that Pinball Browser cannot write to file Pinball-Browser.xml.
Are you running Pinball Browser directly from the .zip archive ?
Is this file write protected ?

#2922 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Hiscores are on the SD card, in Spike2 systems at least. I can find and decode them on my GoTG (partition 5 which is /dev/rdisk2s5) but they don't seem to be read/written by PB.

Depending on the game, Pinball Browser can read/write the high scores (since v5 for Spike games).
Here is an example for a GOT SD image :
GOT (resized).pngGOT (resized).png
I'll look into it to see why it doesn't work on GotG.

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'll look into it to see why it doesn't work on GotG.

I'm having trouble with SWLE

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It means that Pinball Browser cannot write to file Pinball-Browser.xml.
Are you running Pinball Browser directly from the .zip archive ?
Is this file write protected ?

Definitely not running it from the zip file. Haven’t modified the write protection on the XML file, but I’ll double check. I placed the unzipped folded under Program Files dir.

#2925 5 years ago

So I'm trying to use this thing for the first time in a year or so and it appears I cannot use my license with the current version? I have the license code I can copy out of v5.8 and the token IDs are the same between both versions. How do I put the code into 6.60? The field will not accept input.

#2926 5 years ago

I have tried to open Ghostbusters code but it says it doesnt recognize the code. All the other codes work but not gb?

#2927 5 years ago

Hey everyone, new to the customization party. I want to replace the main song in my Road Show with another version. Is replacing sounds behind the paywall, or am I missing something in version 6.6?

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Definitely not running it from the zip file. Haven’t modified the write protection on the XML file, but I’ll double check. I placed the unzipped folded under Program Files dir.

Move it out of program files, or you will have to run PB as admin. Programs can not automatically write to the Program Files directories

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from choseh:

Hey everyone, new to the customization party. I want to replace the main song in my Road Show with another version. Is replacing sounds behind the paywall, or am I missing something in version 6.6?

Replacing music is supported for various Stern platforms but not WPC unfortunately. You can get a Pinsound board and replace whatever you like however.

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Replacing music is supported for various Stern platforms but not WPC unfortunately. You can get a Pinsound board and replace whatever you like however.

Aren't there any other tools that allow repacking of WPC roms? shouldn't bet too much of an issue(?)

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from choseh:

Aren't there any other tools that allow repacking of WPC roms? shouldn't bet too much of an issue(?)

Not that I’m aware of. Do you know how incredibly hard that would be? It’s not like anyone has the source code for these games to recompile them. That’s why pinsound was such a major release

#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not that I’m aware of. Do you know how incredibly hard that would be? It’s not like anyone has the source code for these games to recompile them. That’s why pinsound was such a major release

It would be quite a challenge. True we don't have source anymore, but we've had working hardware emulators and code disassemblers for a while now. Someone with enough motivation could reverse engineer it, but why bother when it won't sound as good as a Pinsound board?

#2933 5 years ago

Paid for this, trying to import a digital sound (song) and volume too low.

Trying to edit volume level 10x and getting pissed off this is not working.

Help

Adjusting volume slider and click "import edited sound" does nothing except make my PC run slow for a few minutes.

It is a beefy Alienware running Win 10. The Volume stays the same no matter what I do, which is way too low volume.

Using ver 6.60

I don't have time to read 60 pages worth of discussion. I expect this to work by now.

But.....it ain't brother. ?

#2934 5 years ago

Messed around with Audacity some....tried to import song with volume cranked up to MAX and still same low volume level.
Seems no matter what I do the volume is too low and unchanged.

Damn it Bobby, this software.....

#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Messed around with Audacity some....tried to import song with volume cranked up to MAX and still same low volume level.
Seems no matter what I do the volume is too low and unchanged.
Damn it Bobby, this software.....

You will probably need to compress the hell out of the song in Audacity. Most (all?) Of the Stern pins use pretty crappy quality MP3s as their source, and they super compress them. Your audio files (I assume ripped from a CD or iTunes) probably has a lot more dynamic range to it, which will sound like its at an overall lower volume. Apply compression (or a limiter) In audacity and crank it way up. Then try Pinball Browser. It’s not the software.

#2936 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Move it out of program files, or you will have to run PB as admin. Programs can not automatically write to the Program Files directories

Ah, it’s always the seemingly simple fix that never comes to mind. Thank you very much

#2937 5 years ago

Pinball browser was working yesterday just fine.

Now
I can't open from SD card, or from an image file on my desktop.

?

I get message from pinball browser saying unknown firmware

#2938 5 years ago

A sample song pulled from my new Primus pinball. Has the upgraded Kenwood stereo system and Stern Spike Controller.

You can see the Left and Right channels are not the same, especially 3/4 way through the song it is visible.

Note that my rate is 44100Hz and it is true stereo right from Stern.

So, I would assume that this is OK to import similar specs of a file.

I think my original files were .WAV and not MP3 as well.

So, why you guys keep saying in videos and here to make sound mono in Audicity and make rate 22050?
That's not what I see in my game's original SD card.

original puppy (resized).pngoriginal puppy (resized).png

#2939 5 years ago

i originally modded my iron maiden firmware based on stock 1.05 and its been working fine.

I've made a new modified firmware with some different adjustments (also based on stock 1.05) but realised i'm going to lose my high scores if i start using that firmware. Is there any way to keep my highscores other than the communication patch and a cable plugged into the machine?

I realise i don't really understand where the high scores are stored? For example, would i keep my highscores if i backed up my existing modified firmware (currently in the machine) and then made changes to that version? (i'm guessing not as the highscores i have set have probably not been written to the SD card?)

Alternatively, can i just add my scores by editing the defaults in the highscores tab in pinball browser?

thanks for any advice. Apologies if this is answered elsewhere....

EDIT: found more posts with helpful info (was using the post search function wrong :-/) but still a bit confused. As per the attached image the grand champion score seems to be negative? and the "pinball values" part of the window is greyed out? anyone know how i can get around this?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

EDIT2: when i try to edit the grand champion score and high score 1 scores in the "adjustments" and "high scores" tab (just by doing it in the left part - labelled "firmware parameters" rather than "pinball values" as "pinball values is greyed out, it doesn't seem to be able to keep the numbers in both places. For example, i'm trying to enter 456,516,060 as the grand champion score and trying to enter it into both "adjustments" and "high scores" it changes in "high scores" to "270193304" but keeps the new number in "adjustments". When i try to change high score 1 to 451,646,180 it changes in "high scores" to "221494504" but keeps the new number in "adjustments". Maybe this is fine?
i haven't been able to try writing the code with these values yet but figured i'd post this update in the meantime and report back after i try writing it some time tomorrow....

#2940 5 years ago

When importing a file (song) the low-pass filter was checked ON and set to 20hz

So, my saved file had basically no volume for any sounds above 20hz.

Unchecked that box and now works fine.

Stereo work fine, and 44100hz works as well.

Cheers

low pass (resized).jpglow pass (resized).jpg
#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

A sample song pulled from my new Primus pinball. Has the upgraded Kenwood stereo system and Stern Spike Controller.
You can see the Left and Right channels are not the same, especially 3/4 way through the song it is visible.
Note that my rate is 44100Hz and it is true stereo right from Stern.
So, I would assume that this is OK to import similar specs of a file.
I think my original files were .WAV and not MP3 as well.
So, why you guys keep saying in videos and here to make sound mono in Audicity and make rate 22050?
That's not what I see in my game's original SD card.

[quoted image]

I believe these recommendations were for older games
Like AC/DC. You are talking about a brand new game. Glad
To hear it works in stereo!

#2942 5 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

EDIT: found more posts with helpful info (was using the post search function wrong :-/) but still a bit confused. As per the attached image the grand champion score seems to be negative? and the "pinball values" part of the window is greyed out? anyone know how i can get around this?
[quoted image]

I found this ages ago on GoTG, all scores are greyed out and you can't edit any of them.

Negative numbers are usually an indicator of using integers too small causing them to wrap into the top bit in two complement numbering, so I assume that PB can't cope with the 4B+ scores stored in large integers in the later Stern Spike 2 code.

#2943 5 years ago

i seem to have made a new problem. I have the previously modded firmware and it can be written to an sd card without issue. I have my new modded firmware (stored in the same folder) but when i try to write it to the sd card it says "cannot open file". Same SD card and same folder location on the computer.

However, i just noticed the new modded firmware is about twice the size of the of the previously modded firmware. What might i have done wrong to to make that happen? (i've attached an image just in case that gives any clues)
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

**solved (I think) in #2945 if anyone comes across this problem

#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

i seem to have made a new problem. I have the previously modded firmware and it can be written to an sd card without issue. I have my new modded firmware (stored in the same folder) but when i try to write it to the sd card it says "cannot open file". Same SD card and same folder location on the computer.
However, i just noticed the new modded firmware is about twice the size of the of the previously modded firmware. What might i have done wrong to to make that happen? (i've attached an image just in case that gives any clues) [quoted image]

Perhaps you are already aware of this, but you can’t simply copy the file to a card. You must write the file as a disk image on the card. There is info about it above in The thread. It’s not a matter of simply copying the info to the card, it sort of formats the card with the information. More like a boot disk. I’m not sure I’m explaining that correctly, but this could be your issue.

#2945 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Perhaps you are already aware of this, but you can’t simply copy the file to a card. You must write the file as a disk image on the card. There is info about it above in The thread. It’s not a matter of simply copying the info to the card, it sort of formats the card with the information. More like a boot disk. I’m not sure I’m explaining that correctly, but this could be your issue.

thanks mate - yep i was aware but i've stumbled on what appears to the be the solution. If i have image A loaded into PB then i can't use the Smart DMD tab to write Image A. But if i load Image B into PB i can then use the Smart DMD tab to write Image A. Not sure if this is normal? (everything is stored and running from my documents folder)

#2946 5 years ago

Hello Oga, I already bought a license last year and it has already expired. my intention was to be able to color my SMVE, but it seems that there is a problem with the memory of European machines.
my question is if you know if you can solve this problem, or if it has already been given and I have not read it, forgive me for asking. I only have SMVE of stern and dream of seeing the color ... without going through colordmd, if it is not possible, then I would consider it.

A greeting and happy new year to you and all the users of pinside.

#2947 5 years ago

Pb is a great tool for pinball customizations but colorizing an entire Sam game is next to impossible since the color data will fill up availabile memory in the rom. Would you rather spend 6 months colorizing your game and getting some of the game colorized or drop in a colordmd and have the entire game already colorized to enjoy now? I guess if you want to do it for fun go for it. I know what I would do.

Quoted from Petar2:

Hello Oga, I already bought a license last year and it has already expired. my intention was to be able to color my SMVE, but it seems that there is a problem with the memory of European machines.
my question is if you know if you can solve this problem, or if it has already been given and I have not read it, forgive me for asking. I only have SMVE of stern and dream of seeing the color ... without going through colordmd, if it is not possible, then I would consider it.
A greeting and happy new year to you and all the users of pinside.

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Pb is a great tool for pinball customizations but colorizing an entire Sam game is next to impossible since the color data will fill up availabile memory in the rom. Would you rather spend 6 months colorizing your game and getting some of the game colorized or drop in a colordmd and have the entire game already colorized to enjoy now? I guess if you want to do it for fun go for it. I know what I would do.

SMVE has already been colourized so PIN2DMD is an option for it if you can get the files.

#2949 5 years ago

you can get the diff file, but unfortunately, that does not seem to work for the European rom, for the lack of memory.
I heard that Oga was working on the problem with memory, but I do not know if he has solved it.

I also read or I think that it can be done with the original macro and PB, unfortunately there is no way to get that macro or it is not possible to share those files with copyright.

#2950 5 years ago

I could use some help!

I work with audio daily so I'm up to speed, but having trouble. Working on the new Kiss code, I've altered all my new songs in protools to fit the song lengths that are specified. My files are 16/44.1 and import and playback correctly on the Browser software. When I load the game up.....it cuts all the songs short, some it cuts 20 sec off another it cuts a minute off. Yes, triple checked all the time lengths and all that, certainly can't be off by a minute. So.... am I exporting the session incorrectly? Or is it a Stern issue? Or?
Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.