1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 112.
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I'm giving PB the entire IMG file that the High Scores tab would show the current ones, without having to use the comms patch.
I know the scores are in the IMG file, because I can find and decode them (partition 5 which is /dev/rdisk2s5).
Is there an option/method to copy those out and then store them again using Pinball-Browser without the comms patch?

I don't have the GOTG SD card image, but you should be able to modify high scores runtime values like this :
High Scores tab / Select your high score / Click on Edit / Change the score in the Pinball Value / Click o Set

hs (resized).pnghs (resized).png
#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like Pinball browser will need an update to support Deadpool firmware
comes up with 'unknown firmware'

Did you try to open a .spk file or an image of the SD card ?

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Did you try to open a .spk file or an image of the SD card ?

I dont have the game sorry. Just wanted the file to hear the callouts! Should be easy to replicate. Just the spk

Also after upgrading to the latest firmware it cannot find my licensee anymore. Haven't upgraded pc or anythjng

#2854 5 years ago

While writing my modified Batman 66 image to a formatted SD I keep getting this message. Never happened before. If I click continue, the process just hangs and never completes. Any ideas?

IMAG1130 (resized).jpgIMAG1130 (resized).jpg

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I may go back and do a splash screen with sparky too. just to see how it looks
personally, I think that this is a feature that stern hasn't capitalized on (much like how many of the smaller film houses mess around with warner bros. or columbia pictures logos at the start of movies. the matrix and constantine come to mind

Man, that'd prolly jack the NIB price by 27% or so "just because" .......you know......... "software intensive".

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

While writing my modified Batman 66 image to a formatted SD I keep getting this message. Never happened before. If I click continue, the process just hangs and never completes. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Write protected disk? Administrative rights?

#2858 5 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

Write protected disk? Administrative rights?

I found the problem. Windows 10 is creating multiple partitions for the SD card. And these partitions are not large enough for the file. I'm using a 16GB Sandisk. I'm currently trying to learn how to create a single SD partition so this doesn't happen again. If anyone has some insight it would be appreciated.

#2859 5 years ago

I found the problem. Windows 10 is creating multiple partitions for the SD card. And these partitions are not large enough for the file. I'm using a 16GB Sandisk. I'm currently trying to learn how to create a single SD partition so this doesn't happen again. If anyone has some insight it would be appreciated.

You don't have, and should not, format your SD card.
The image file (.img) has to be written on the SD card with the "Disk Image" function in Pinball Browser (SmartDmd tab) or an image writer software like DiskImager.
See "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" in the FAQ

#2860 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like Pinball browser will need an update to support Deadpool firmware
comes up with 'unknown firmware'

Confirmed and I'm on it.
This is an integer overflow issue...
Deadwood is the biggest firmware ever made (I'm really talking about the firmware, not the .spk file).

#2861 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You don't have, and should not, format your SD card.
The image file (.img) has to be written on the SD card with the "Disk Image" function in Pinball Browser (SmartDmd tab) or an image writer software like DiskImager.
See "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" in the FAQ

I always use the Disk Image "write to SD" tab in PB. As soon as I deleted one of the partitions there was enough room. What I don't understand is why when I insert my SD card multiple windows pop up telling me that I need to format each one. These windows are drives labeled F, G, H, I and J. All I want is my entire 16G SD card to read on a single drive. Never had this problem with Windows 7.

#2862 5 years ago

I always use the Disk Image "write to SD" tab in PB

Sorry, I should have noticed this on your screenshot...

As soon as I deleted one of the partitions there was enough room. What I don't understand is why when I insert my SD card multiple windows pop up. These windows are drives labeled F, G, H, I and J. All I want is my entire 16G SD card to read on a single drive. Never had this problem with Windows 7.

You can prevent Windows from opening these partitions by holding the "Shift" key while inserting the SD card.
For a permanent solution, you can disable "Auto Play" for memory cards in the control panel.

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Confirmed and I'm on it.
Deadwood is the biggest firmware ever made (I'm really talking about the firmware, not the .spk file).

Any information when PB will support Deadpool?

#2864 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I don't have the GOTG SD card image, but you should be able to modify high scores runtime values like this :
High Scores tab / Select your high score / Click on Edit / Change the score in the Pinball Value / Click o Set[quoted image]

I don't have any option to edit those scores as they are greyed out, also none of the Pinname/Pinscore values are filled in.

Is that because I haven't registered PB, or could it be because GoTG uses larger integers (64bit) for the scores and I'm not sure if PB supports those?

Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).pngPinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png
#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Confirmed and I'm on it.

Thanks!

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

It has been a while since I used Pinball Browser, is it possible to change the graphics on song selection to match whatever I put into the game? Specifically thinking about buying an Iron Maiden and would really like to replace a few of the songs but would want the graphics to match up.

Curious about this as well - anyone successful in changing the graphics that show when selecting a song??

1 week later
#2867 5 years ago

I'm just starting with this for my SWLE to replace some sound files. Understood how to do this based on the video. One thing I am haviong issues with is creating an image-file from the original SD card.

I tried with win32diskimager, but when i insert my SD card to windows it shows me 5 partitions. win32diskimager asks me to select a partition to clone, however i want to clone the whole SD card including all partitions into an image file. how can i do this? haelp is appreciated.

Julian

Added over 6 years ago:

Solution: win32disk imager did create an image of the entire SD, even though I only selected one of the drives (the first one to that matter).

1 week later
#2868 5 years ago

Has anyone done any Smart DMD work with KISS?

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Confirmed and I'm on it.

Any progress?

#2870 5 years ago

Soon

#2871 5 years ago

Wondering if anyone could help me I am new to using pin browser I tried importing my new song but it popped up this window saying this version of pin browser cannot import long sounds.

IMG_20180927_084514260 (resized).jpgIMG_20180927_084514260 (resized).jpg
#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Wondering if anyone could help me I am new to using pin browser I tried importing my new song but it popped up this window saying this version of pin browser cannot import long sounds.
[quoted image]

You need to register the product.
If you make a donation, you will receive a product key to enter during registration.

#2873 5 years ago

is it possible to change the graphics on song selection to match whatever I put into the game? Specifically thinking about buying an Iron Maiden and would really like to replace a few of the songs but would want the graphics to match up.

Count me in for this request too. I'm a registered user, for what it's worth.

#2874 5 years ago

Pinball Browser v6.50 is ready !
It can now open huge firmwares like Deadwood.

#2875 5 years ago

Bitdefender gives me a false positive on this

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Bitdefender gives me a false positive on this

That's covered in the FAQ keyposted and linked at the top of every page in the thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/38#post-2722290

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Sorry, I should have noticed this on your screenshot...

You can prevent Windows from opening these partitions by holding the "Shift" key while inserting the SD card.
For a permanent solution, you can disable "Auto Play" for memory cards in the control panel.

Holding the Shift key does not stop these partitions from being created. Auto Play is set to off. Last BM66 update I just bought a new SD card. Now with the latest update (0.95) I'm back to square one. Multiple partitions being created in Windows 10 and each one is too small to support the image. With all the frequent updates to BM66 this is getting really frustrating. Do I need to buy a new SD card every time there's a new update???

#2878 5 years ago

Do I need to buy a new SD card every time there's a new update???

Quoted from oga83:

#2879 5 years ago

I do have Auto Play turned off. But the partitions are still there. Is this something that needs to be done before the SD card is partitioned?

#2881 5 years ago

How do i get my smartdmd from a potc and/or spiderman working in a wpc fishtales.
I have got 2 smart dmd sets from a guy that have them swapt for 2 color dmd's.

I can build a new pinball machine but i don't know this shit.
Any help please.
Can some one explaine a few steps.

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

How do i get my smartdmd from a potc and/or spiderman working in a wpc fishtales.
I have got 2 smart dmd sets from a guy that have them swapt for 2 color dmd's.
I can build a new pinball machine but i don't know this shit.
Any help please.
Can some one explaine a few steps.

It works!!!!.
Only to small. Any advice ? how to ajust the settings.

15385255150454566123597227618658 (resized).jpg15385255150454566123597227618658 (resized).jpg15385256037278371713977979636364 (resized).jpg15385256037278371713977979636364 (resized).jpg
#2883 5 years ago

You can adjust via settings in the Smartdmd.txt. Just run PB and get to the Smartdmd tab. There you can fiddle with settings to get this done.

#2884 5 years ago

Hey guys, looking for some assistance. I can do a lot of things (walk and chew gum, 5 sit-ups, brush my teeth)...but when it comes to technology we are mortal enemies.
Expo is coming up in 10 days. I need to replace 10 songs on it, with titles.
I'm not concerned about silence at the end of tracks, or changing the jukebox titles. Just need A LOT more Bon Scott.
If any of you kind folks can make me a playlist, I will pay $100.
Hope to hear from someone soon, and thank you.

#2885 5 years ago

Awesome community here. Had multiple cool cats reach out, so this is handled. Thank you!
If it's the last thing I do, I'm gonna learn how to do this myself. Pinball is hard. Computers are harder. Ha.

#2886 5 years ago

to be honest, the part to import it into pinball browser is actually pretty easy. if you're a stickler, getting the songs to fit perfectly and with the right levels can be a bit of work using something like audicity

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You can adjust via settings in the Smartdmd.txt. Just run PB and get to the Smartdmd tab. There you can fiddle with settings to get this done.

Thanks Rensh ,its full screen now.

FJIMG_20181003_182533 (resized).jpgFJIMG_20181003_182533 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2888 5 years ago

Adding Sound Requests to Your Code? Is it Possible with Pinball Browser?

I bought a "sound caller" module to go with RedShift's Total Lightshow for MET Pro. The purpose of the module is to call a spinner sound for the Hooked On Pinball spinner mod. The spinner mod can be installed without it (involving wiring it to the pic target switch), but the RedShift module allows you to call a sound of your choosing and to leave the pic target scoring undisturbed.

The module calls the sound by accessing a sound request in the code. Mike, of Redshift, points out that he has to program the module with a specific sound request before he ships it out. Fine. The question is, can I add a sound request to my code for this purpose, or do I have to use an existing sound request and overwrite the sound script associated with the request? Call me crazy, but I envision adding a one-second sound request and then importing a spinner sound that's more like that of an SS spinner, or like that of TNA's spinner.

I've reached out to Olivier on this, but haven't heard back. I realize he's the man to whom to pose this question, but I thought I'd throw it up here just in case some of you have been here before.

Thanks for reading.

J

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Adding Sound Requests to Your Code? Is it Possible with Pinball Browser?

No, it is not possible to add a new sound request with Pinball Browser.
You have to use an existing one. How is it started ?

#2890 5 years ago

heya oga83 - i'm registered and made some new firmware successfully for my iron maiden last week.

Opened the program again this week and it claims i'm not registered. I hit register and it says successful but then it pops the attached error up. Pops the error up again when i do most anything (e.g., open firmware)

Then when i try do anything that requires registration (e.g, export songs) it goes back to saying i'm not registered. Any ideas on what i can try?
thanks!

Error (resized).JPGError (resized).JPG
#2891 5 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

it pops the attached error up

This message means that Pinball Browser can't read it's configuration file (Pinball-Browser.xml).
Is this file write-protected ? (right click on the file, Properties, Attributes, the 'read-only' checkbox should be unchecked)
Try to reboot your computer.
You can also delete this file, Pinball Browser will recreate it.

1 week later
#2892 5 years ago

I was having a terrible time getting my modified code onto my BM66 today but after many hours I have it figured out.

The first problem was getting the program to open the IMG that was pulled from the original memory card. No matter what I seemed to try I couldn't get into the IMG file to edit it. I would instead get the unknown firmware error.

I eventually gave up on that and tried the less recommended method of opening the downloaded update file, which opened fine and let me make the edits I wanted but when I would repack the files there were only two instead of the original 3. I could see the the .000 file was the size of itself and the .001 file put together but my machine wouldn't recognize the 2 files as an update.

After many attempts at getting the machine to see the new files I noticed that the file names were also different than the originals, the untouched update files had a .spk in the filename whereas the modified ones did not. A quick rename of the files to include the .spk in the middle seems to be what was needed in order for my machine to recognize the files as an update.

I spent way too much time today figuring that out but I hope I can help anyone else who might be having the same problem.

1 week later
#2893 5 years ago

It has been a while since I used Pinball Browser, is it possible to change the graphics on song selection to match whatever I put into the game? Specifically thinking about buying an Iron Maiden and would really like to replace a few of the songs but would want the graphics to match up.

it is possible, I have done it one frame at a time (yes time consuming) using only 2 shades of red.
Below video is only 7 basic pictures used over and over again.
Imported the picture, then edited it in Pinball Browser. Maybe there is a faster way? but that is how I did it.

Replaced the electrodes at the beginning of Thunderstruck with the Guard Tower from Elvis for Jailbreak

#2894 5 years ago

hello
i would have liked to install the rom color for my Premium acdc ( real pin ) ,i have a pind2dmd hardware.
i try to find a patch for 1.70.
someone could tell me where to find it (the patch for real pin ac/dc 1.70)?
thanks

guillaume

#2895 5 years ago

is there a way to extract the code on your machine to a usb so you can use it in pinbrowser? The version of the code on my machine I can't find online anymore and would like to extract it from the machine to USB then to pinbrowser so I can leverage the call outs....

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is there a way to extract the code on your machine to a usb so you can use it in pinbrowser? The version of the code on my machine I can't find online anymore and would like to extract it from the machine to USB then to pinbrowser so I can leverage the call outs....

see post #6
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backing-up-settingsscores-to-usb-stern-sam-machines

#2897 5 years ago

Sorry to be that guy but my computer knowledge is almost zero and I type with about 4 fingers.
I'm ready to finally swap out some songs on my Metallica pro.
One, sad but true and unforgiven are on the chopping block.
I'd like to put in whiplash, 4 horseman, hit the light and spit out the bone. 3 of them at least obviously.
If someone could post (ideally a video) some very dumber down instructions on how to use pinbrowser and audacity I would be very grateful. I've done the basic reading. I know the songs need to fill the same length and to equalize them and whatnot.....I just dont know how. I literally dont even know a good source for the songs. I still buy cds

#2898 5 years ago

hello

how to import color palettes from a pin2dmd.pal file ? it's possible ? or not ?
i know import smartdmd.txt with pin2dmd editor and export to pin2dmd.pal .

may the opposite be possible?

thanks

#2899 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

One, sad but true and unforgiven are on the chopping block.

Excellent choices.

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Excellent choices.

I'd like to ditch Enter Sandman and Fade to Black as well but I dont want to mess with the c.i.u. modes
I basically just want to listen to kill 'em all while I play.

I did some figuring on straight swaps if someone is willing to help me out?
-One (1066) 7:24
for Hit the Lights/Motorbreath 7:25
-Unforgiven (1494) 6:26
for No Remorse 6:27
Thanks as always for any help/advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 9.95
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Unisex
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 28.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.