• 2,863 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Sprudeldudel
  • Topic is favorited by 613 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png
IMAG1130 (resized).jpg
hs (resized).png
MET - splash (resized).png
MET - four horsemen (resized).jpg
IMDN (resized).png
song loc (resized).jpg
161644AC-4738-4FA0-8746-AD73BE822C98 (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMAG0773 (resized).jpg
pbrowser - pixel by pixel memory consumption (resized).jpg
pbrowser - original image (resized).jpg
pbrowser - image import (resized).jpg
IMG_20180124_202321 (resized).jpg
file_screenshot (resized).JPG
export (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 2867 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 58.
#2851 17 days ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I'm giving PB the entire IMG file that the High Scores tab would show the current ones, without having to use the comms patch.
I know the scores are in the IMG file, because I can find and decode them (partition 5 which is /dev/rdisk2s5).
Is there an option/method to copy those out and then store them again using Pinball-Browser without the comms patch?

I don't have the GOTG SD card image, but you should be able to modify high scores runtime values like this :
High Scores tab / Select your high score / Click on Edit / Change the score in the Pinball Value / Click o Set

hs (resized).png
#2852 17 days ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like Pinball browser will need an update to support Deadpool firmware
comes up with 'unknown firmware'

Did you try to open a .spk file or an image of the SD card ?

#2853 17 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Did you try to open a .spk file or an image of the SD card ?

I dont have the game sorry. Just wanted the file to hear the callouts! Should be easy to replicate. Just the spk

Also after upgrading to the latest firmware it cannot find my licensee anymore. Haven't upgraded pc or anythjng

#2854 16 days ago

While writing my modified Batman 66 image to a formatted SD I keep getting this message. Never happened before. If I click continue, the process just hangs and never completes. Any ideas?

IMAG1130 (resized).jpg

#2856 16 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I may go back and do a splash screen with sparky too. just to see how it looks
personally, I think that this is a feature that stern hasn't capitalized on (much like how many of the smaller film houses mess around with warner bros. or columbia pictures logos at the start of movies. the matrix and constantine come to mind

Man, that'd prolly jack the NIB price by 27% or so "just because" .......you know......... "software intensive".

#2857 16 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

While writing my modified Batman 66 image to a formatted SD I keep getting this message. Never happened before. If I click continue, the process just hangs and never completes. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Write protected disk? Administrative rights?

#2858 16 days ago
Quoted from Brootull:

Write protected disk? Administrative rights?

I found the problem. Windows 10 is creating multiple partitions for the SD card. And these partitions are not large enough for the file. I'm using a 16GB Sandisk. I'm currently trying to learn how to create a single SD partition so this doesn't happen again. If anyone has some insight it would be appreciated.

#2859 16 days ago

I found the problem. Windows 10 is creating multiple partitions for the SD card. And these partitions are not large enough for the file. I'm using a 16GB Sandisk. I'm currently trying to learn how to create a single SD partition so this doesn't happen again. If anyone has some insight it would be appreciated.

You don't have, and should not, format your SD card.
The image file (.img) has to be written on the SD card with the "Disk Image" function in Pinball Browser (SmartDmd tab) or an image writer software like DiskImager.
See "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" in the FAQ

#2860 16 days ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like Pinball browser will need an update to support Deadpool firmware
comes up with 'unknown firmware'

Confirmed and I'm on it.
This is an integer overflow issue...
Deadwood is the biggest firmware ever made (I'm really talking about the firmware, not the .spk file).

#2861 16 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

You don't have, and should not, format your SD card.
The image file (.img) has to be written on the SD card with the "Disk Image" function in Pinball Browser (SmartDmd tab) or an image writer software like DiskImager.
See "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" in the FAQ

I always use the Disk Image "write to SD" tab in PB. As soon as I deleted one of the partitions there was enough room. What I don't understand is why when I insert my SD card multiple windows pop up telling me that I need to format each one. These windows are drives labeled F, G, H, I and J. All I want is my entire 16G SD card to read on a single drive. Never had this problem with Windows 7.

#2862 16 days ago

I always use the Disk Image "write to SD" tab in PB

Sorry, I should have noticed this on your screenshot...

As soon as I deleted one of the partitions there was enough room. What I don't understand is why when I insert my SD card multiple windows pop up. These windows are drives labeled F, G, H, I and J. All I want is my entire 16G SD card to read on a single drive. Never had this problem with Windows 7.

You can prevent Windows from opening these partitions by holding the "Shift" key while inserting the SD card.
For a permanent solution, you can disable "Auto Play" for memory cards in the control panel.

#2863 15 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Confirmed and I'm on it.
Deadwood is the biggest firmware ever made (I'm really talking about the firmware, not the .spk file).

Any information when PB will support Deadpool?

#2864 15 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

I don't have the GOTG SD card image, but you should be able to modify high scores runtime values like this :
High Scores tab / Select your high score / Click on Edit / Change the score in the Pinball Value / Click o Set[quoted image]

I don't have any option to edit those scores as they are greyed out, also none of the Pinname/Pinscore values are filled in.

Is that because I haven't registered PB, or could it be because GoTG uses larger integers (64bit) for the scores and I'm not sure if PB supports those?

Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png
#2865 15 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Confirmed and I'm on it.

Thanks!

#2866 13 days ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

It has been a while since I used Pinball Browser, is it possible to change the graphics on song selection to match whatever I put into the game? Specifically thinking about buying an Iron Maiden and would really like to replace a few of the songs but would want the graphics to match up.

Curious about this as well - anyone successful in changing the graphics that show when selecting a song??

1 week later
#2867 3 days ago

I'm just starting with this for my SWLE to replace some sound files. Understood how to do this based on the video. One thing I am haviong issues with is creating an image-file from the original SD card.

I tried with win32diskimager, but when i insert my SD card to windows it shows me 5 partitions. win32diskimager asks me to select a partition to clone, however i want to clone the whole SD card including all partitions into an image file. how can i do this? haelp is appreciated.

Julian

Added 2 days ago:

Solution: win32disk imager did create an image of the entire SD, even though I only selected one of the drives (the first one to that matter).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 28.95
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
€ 3.70
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 2867 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 58.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside