1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 112.
#2801 5 years ago

Anyone have an issue when you import songs they get all crackly. Tried a few different formats and they sound great when I play them as soon as I import them they crackle. If I export them after importing than the crackle, it's not random the crackle sound is in the same spot of the song. It seems they are getting corrupted on import. What is the exact format so nothing changes on import?

#2802 5 years ago

Been changing some sounds on my POTC , and was wondering has anyone tried changing the graphics on POTC?

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Been changing some sounds on my POTC , and was wondering has anyone tried changing the graphics on POTC?

Changing out graphics not but there is a smartdmd macro for potc.

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Changing out graphics not but there is a smartdmd macro for potc.

Hi Rens,
I have a colordmd with color file in mine, but i thougt i read some time ago that someone was trying to add some custom graphics.
Can't seem to find it, so probably no luck on this

#2805 5 years ago

With all of these updates what remains the best format for songs you want to inject into games? I'm looking for best quality so it sounds like stock. Flac is generally the best but not sure the program can handle... What have you guys found?

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

With all of these updates what remains the best format for songs you want to inject into games? I'm looking for best quality so it sounds like stock. Flac is generally the best but not sure the program can handle... What have you guys found?

You'll get the best results with a lossless format sampled at 24000Hz (or a multiple), mono or stereo, like PCM (most .WAV files are PCM encoded) or FLAC. You can import FLAC files with Pinball Browser, provided you don't use the "Legacy" or "Mac-OS" sound engines (Config tab).

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You'll get the best results with a lossless format sampled at 24000Hz (or a multiple), mono or stereo, like PCM (most .WAV files are PCM encoded) or FLAC. You can import FLAC files with Pinball Browser, provided you don't use the "Legacy" or "Mac-OS" sound engines (Config tab).

OK great to hear thanks!

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

1 - The prefered method : Open an image (.img) of the game SD card :
* For Pinball Browser v6 :
Just insert the game SD-card into your PC and use the "Read image from X:"; Pinball Browser will make an image of your SD card and save it on your hard disk.
Modify what you want in this image. Once it's done, the modified image must be written to a SD-card, not a thumbdrive.
Do not use the original SD-card (keep it as a backup); use a new SD-card; no need to format it.
Use the "Write to SD" function in the SmartDmd tab.

I made it to the last step. When I hit "write to SD" in the SmartDMD tab, it tells me it "Cannot open file C:/Desktop/aero.img" which is where I copied and saved the project I was working on in PB. What am I doing wrong?

#2809 5 years ago

sorry to kill the conversation guys. Is there any way to connect a new stern spike 2 pin to my computer running the pin browser? Would a USB to USB allow me to make live edits to the software?

#2810 5 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

sorry to kill the conversation guys. Is there any way to connect a new stern spike 2 pin to my computer running the pin browser? Would a USB to USB allow me to make live edits to the software?

That sounds like a good idea. Can't wait to see answer(s).

3 weeks later
#2811 5 years ago

ACDC song lengths for "Back In Black" and "Shook me All Night Long" changed with latest update.

old code
301 Back in Black 3:20
302 For those about to Rock 5:43:137
303 Hell ain't a bad Place to Be 4:12:187
304 Hells Bells 5:13
305 Highway to Hell 3:31
306 Let there be Rock 5:59:814
307 Rock and Roll Train 4:18
308 Thunderstruck 4:51
308 TNT 3:33
310 War Machine 3:07
311 Rosie 5:19
312 Shook me All Night 3:20

new code
303- Back in Black 4:09.39
304- For those about to Rock 5:43.137
305- Hell ain't a bad place 4:12.187
306- Hell's Bells 5:13.411
307- Highway to hell 3:31.368
308- Let there be Rock 5:59.814
309- Rock N Roll Train 4:18
310- Thunderstruck 4:51.933
311- T.N.T 3:33.457
312- War Machine 3:07.5
313- Whole lotta Rosie 5:19.908
314- You Shook me All Night Long 3:30.625

1 week later
#2812 5 years ago

just changed all my Maiden songs to Megadeth. Made a great pin even better

#2813 5 years ago

It has been a while since I used Pinball Browser, is it possible to change the graphics on song selection to match whatever I put into the game? Specifically thinking about buying an Iron Maiden and would really like to replace a few of the songs but would want the graphics to match up.

3 weeks later
#2814 5 years ago

Does anyone have the locations for Iron Maiden handy?

#2815 5 years ago

oga83 How close are we to being able to swap out video clips in the Spike 2 system?

#2816 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

oga83 How close are we to being able to swap out video clips in the Spike 2 system?

I've not been working on this as I've had almost no requests.
Is anyone else interested in this ?

2 weeks later
#2817 5 years ago

Hmmmmm, man I thought I could change out the Video Clips in Maiden with custom ones but it wont let me. I can see them and play them but not Import like the music, I wonder if this is being worked on.

#2818 5 years ago

Yes, I would also be interested in swapping out video clips on spike games.

1 week later
#2819 5 years ago

Hmmmm....I know you could change them on Ghostbusters (ecto goggles) and the WWE LE (Small Jumbo Screen)

#2820 5 years ago

Are there videos somewhere of people changing the videos on the Ecto Goggles? Or adding a few?

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Are there videos somewhere of people changing the videos on the Ecto Goggles? Or adding a few?

I did it to my GB. I replaced the cat with Vigo.

#2822 5 years ago

That is Awesome! If they ever finish the code I might just have to change a few things on mine.

#2823 5 years ago

Can someone help or point me into the direction of what happens with clipped sounds when you change the main audio track. So for example, most songs in Metallica are also used for modes and various other callouts. Ideally what I'd like to do is to create a generic background music and then have the songs be earned. Can I reduce the number of songs available for selection?

#2824 5 years ago

anyone able to help me with the new acdc code?

I’m running 3-4 custom songs and would like to update the code but haven’t been able to get my pinball browser to work correctly with our Mac.

If anyone can help send me a pm

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can someone help or point me into the direction of what happens with clipped sounds when you change the main audio track. So for example, most songs in Metallica are also used for modes and various other callouts. Ideally what I'd like to do is to create a generic background music and then have the songs be earned. Can I reduce the number of songs available for selection?

The only way to reduce the number of songs available for selection is to replace their audio with silent audio, and remove the text references to those songs. You would essentially be scrolling through blank song spots at the start of a game.

To do what you want would be a re-code, not a simple audio swap. Not possible or at least I have never heard of anybody able to change the game code this way other than Stern.

#2826 5 years ago

Sorry, if this has been covered, I searched, I swear!

I would like to replace a couple of the tracks in my Iron Maiden with some homemade mp3s with full albums in one file. Looks like files need to be the exact same length as the original. I wasn't sure if this mattered in IMDN's case where the music is in the background...

Thanks

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Ideally what I'd like to do is to create a generic background music and then have the songs be earned.

Have a look at the P-ROC from Multimorphic. You can use it to recode games.
https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p-roc/

#2828 5 years ago

Can DMD images be changed on a Sega Whitestar game using Pinball browser?

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Can DMD images be changed on a Sega Whitestar game using Pinball browser?

No, this is not possible

#2830 5 years ago

Just started using pin browser for the first time on my Metallica I am a bit confused on this part. Example I change unforgiven to four horseman do I have the change the DMD animations to say four horseman or will it change by itself.

#2831 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just started using pin browser for the first time on my Metallica I am a bit confused on this part. Example I change unforgiven to four horseman do I have the change the DMD animations to say four horseman or will it change by itself.

You have to change yourself

#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You have to change yourself

Alright thanks.

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Sorry, if this has been covered, I searched, I swear!
I would like to replace a couple of the tracks in my Iron Maiden with some homemade mp3s with full albums in one file. Looks like files need to be the exact same length as the original. I wasn't sure if this mattered in IMDN's case where the music is in the background...
Thanks

No, each new song is limited to the length of the song being replaced.

Quoted from hAbO:

Does anyone have the locations for Iron Maiden handy?

If anyone wants these I'll post them up when I take a look at 1.04. From 1.01 to 1.02 the script # for all BG music changed by a constant value. FYI, there are 14 replaceable songs, Aces High bg and mode music are completely separate, as is the High Score music.

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

No, each new song is limited to the length of the song being replaced.

I’m really just getting going with this... if the song is shorter does it end up with silence, or would it loop the shorter song?

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m really just getting going with this... if the song is shorter does it end up with silence, or would it loop the shorter song?

Silence, there's no way to set a loop point.

#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Silence, there's no way to set a loop point.

Although you can manually loop your music with another program as one file, then upload that file in PB.

#2837 5 years ago

I didn't write down all the song times. The reference number is more important. It looks like they have the full song, shorter song and a clip of a song for different applications like song select or bonus count. Edit your song replacement accordingly.

Iron Maiden Song Location with request number, songs and times.

459 Powerslave 6min23s335ms
460 The Trooper 4min05s870ms
461 Hallowed by Name 0min18s616ms
462 Aces High 4min00s059ms
463 Aces High 0min23s931ms
464 Aces High 3min19s910ms
465 2 Minute to Midnight 5min58s177ms
466 2 Minute to Midnight 0min17s234ms
467 2 Minute to Midnight 5min38s176ms
468 The Trooper 4min05s870ms
469 The Trooper 0min08s481ms
470 The Trooper 3min56s749ms
471 Wasted Years 4min42s846ms
472 Wasted Years 0min07s043ms
473 Wasted Years 4min29s624ms
474 The Number of the Beast
475 The Number of the Beast
476 The Number of the Beast
477 Powerslave
478 Powerslave
479 Powerslave
480 Fear of the Dark 6min23s335ms
481 Fear of the Dark 0min12s387ms
482 Fear of the Dark 5min01s425ms
483 Run to the Hills
484 Run to the Hills
485 Run to the Hills
486 Rime of the Ancient Mariner
487 Rime of the Ancient Mariner
488 Rime of the Ancient Mariner
489 Hallowed by Name
490 Hallowed by Name
491 Hallowed by Name
492 Flight of Icarus
493 Flight of Icarus
494 Flight of Icarus
495 Can I Play with Madness 3min26s277ms
496 Can I Play with Madness 0min04s883ms
497 Can I Play with Madness 3min26s277ms

Added over 6 years ago:

Song locations moved with 1.04 of code. Loading bookmarks when opening code will load correct location.

#2838 5 years ago

Anyone swap out callouts from spiderman to the spidermanve?

#2839 5 years ago

I've uploaded bookmarks for the music in IMDN Pro 1.04. These are the only scripts I update and haven't encountered any issues so far.

IMDN (resized).pngIMDN (resized).png
#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

do you mean, something like this? (I originally did this to replace the 2 frames of 'BLACKENED' text graphics
MET - four horsemen (resized).jpgMET - four horsemen (resized).jpg

#2841 5 years ago

Is there somewhere were people share the things they have done for game? It would be cool to look though things and borrow ideas that people have already done. Especially interested in Metallica.

Quoted from j_m_:

do you mean, something like this? (I originally did this to replace the 2 frames of 'BLACKENED' text graphics
[quoted image]

That looks really cool. I though it would be neat to add something like "_____ Tour Edition" to the opening screens, so it made more sense to mix in some other bands. Not sold on the name, but something that implies they are on tour with other bands. Perhaps there is a way work that into the game too. Maybe use the pick targets to "collect" the other bands. So instead of calling out the name of the band members it calls out the name of the band.

#2842 5 years ago

I've done this as well for my metallica (this is a change to the stern logo that scrolls upward during the attract mode
MET - splash (resized).pngMET - splash (resized).png

#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've done this as well for my metallica (this is a change to the stern logo that scrolls upward during the attract mode
[quoted image]

And it looks badass on mine! Thanks j_m_! Finally got everything installed on the weekend. Thinking about switching to a PIN2DMD though as I’m not happy with the contrast on the LCD I pulled from an old laptop.

The idea of band names in the guitar pics is a neat idea.

#2844 5 years ago

I may go back and do a splash screen with sparky too. just to see how it looks

personally, I think that this is a feature that stern hasn't capitalized on (much like how many of the smaller film houses mess around with warner bros. or columbia pictures logos at the start of movies. the matrix and constantine come to mind

#2846 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I may go back and do a splash screen with sparky too. just to see how it looks
personally, I think that this is a feature that stern hasn't capitalized on (much like how many of the smaller film houses mess around with warner bros. or columbia pictures logos at the start of movies. the matrix and constantine come to mind

Dreamworks does a good job with this too. I understand why these can't be added to ColorDMD displays but they sure are cool. I haven't dug into swapping scenes yet, but I keep thinking there could be a better experience to the radio dial when selecting songs like displaying titles graphically rather than just text... clearly I have no idea what the complexity involved to undertake such an effort but I really should dig in and figure it out... it just every time I get in front of my MET I want to play it, not tinker with it

#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[quoted image]

That looks awesome! I would love to do that but I don't think the ColorDMD would recognize it so it wouldn't be colorized.

#2848 5 years ago

I'm working on a complete image file from my GOTG taken by dd from the SD card. Currently running 1.01 (cleland) but want to upgrade to 1.03 and as there's been no major scoring changes would like to keep the high scores.

I was thinking that because I'm giving PB the entire IMG file that the High Scores tab would show the current ones, without having to use the comms patch.

I know the scores are in the IMG file, because I can find and decode them (partition 5 which is /dev/rdisk2s5).

Is there an option/method to copy those out and then store them again using Pinball-Browser without the comms patch?

#2849 5 years ago

Looks like Pinball browser will need an update to support Deadpool firmware
comes up with 'unknown firmware'

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like Pinball browser will need an update to support Deadpool firmware
comes up with 'unknown firmware'

Yup. Confirmed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.