• 3,058 posts
  • 497 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 635 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bandicam 2019-03-11 23-08-58-222 (resized).jpg
0x91D (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
0x91Da (resized).PNG
MET sparky splash logo (LED) (resized).jpg
ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Error (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3058 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 62.
#2701 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Can anyone help me out on how to "Shift" a macro to a newer version of code?
I'm working on GOTG and it used to be in version .85 the Request for a call out "Drop it" was Request 515, Script "0x7CA".
Now in the new .87 code it's located at Request 508, Script "0x7A5"
And everything is off by the same amount of lines it seems. I thought there was a command you can put at the beginning of the old macro to shift everything back in order? I don't want to go back line by line with the 400 things I've done so far.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

The ShiftId macro is described here

#2702 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

The ShiftId macro is described here

Thanks Oliver, but this is still over my head to understand (and I'm only dealing with sound).
If anyone can help I can send my GOTG .85 DAT file or copy and paste my macro.
It seems like everything needs to be shifted by a value of 6 to lineup in the new .87 code.

#2703 1 year ago

oga83
is this any chance that in an upcoming version of the software that you can provide a checkbox toggle and provide both a light and a dark color for transparency when you are editing image?

it's sometimes very hard to see which pixels that you're laying down when they are a lighter color against that yellow that you are currently using

#2704 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks like Pinball Browser can't open the latest ACDC 1.70. I tried the PRO and LE roms and neither load with the latest pinball browser. The program just hangs and spins its wheels and you have to kill the process. 1.68 all variants load just fine.

I'm having a similar issue. When I upgraded to PB v6.2 I'm unable to open the latest BM66 firmware. It just "spins" and hangs there forever. Also, I made sure I copied the "ffmpeg" file from the previous version of PB v6.1. I've done this with previous PB versions and never had an issue. Yet I'm still getting the message asking me if I want to download the "ffmpeg" file to be able to view videos. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

#2705 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

When I upgraded to PB v6.2 I'm unable to open the latest BM66 firmware

Do you mean that you can open the latest BM66 firmware with an older version of Pinball Browser ?

#2706 1 year ago

oga, are you able to load the latest ACDC code in pinball browser? Several of us have tried the Pro or LE and the program just spins and spins.
I tried several versions of pinball browser including the latest.
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/ac-dc/pro

Quoted from oga83:

Do you mean that you can open the latest BM66 firmware with an older version of Pinball Browser ?

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

I used to be able to but no longer. I download the file from Stern and unzip it. When I try to use PB to unpack there is only one small 1.86G file there. I know I unzipped the stern file correctly. There are 4 files there totaling 5.58G. When I click on the 1.86G file I get this error message...

IMAG0773 (resized).jpg

#2708 1 year ago

I download the code from Stern and unzip it correctly. I then update the factory SD card with the new code via USB. I use PB V6.2 to make an image of the SD card. When I try to open the SD image with PB V6.2 I keep getting the message asking me to install the "ffmpeg" file to view the videos even though I already have the "ffmpeg" file installed. Everything else works. If I try this method without using the SD I run into the above issues.

#2709 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

oga, are you able to load the latest ACDC code in pinball browser ?

No, I can't open AC/DC 1.70 and I've been working on this since a few days.
I just wanted to make sure that, for BM66, it was not an issue introduced in Pinball Browser v6.20 but rather something related to the new firmwares.

#2710 1 year ago

with PB V6.2 I keep getting the message asking me to install the "ffmpeg" file to view the videos even though I already have the "ffmpeg" file installed.

If the message is :
"ffmpeg.exe" or ffprobe.exe" not found
you also need ffprobe.exe in the same directory.
Click Yes and you'll be directed to the FFMpeg web site.

#2711 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Keep up the great work Oliver!

#2712 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

If the message is :
"ffmpeg.exe" or ffprobe.exe" not found
you also need ffprobe.exe in the same directory.
Click Yes and you'll be directed to the FFMpeg web site.

I got it! I needed to install all 3 files (ffmpeg, ffplay & ffprobe) into PB v6.2 to view videos. For some reason I only needed to install the ffmpeg file in PB v6.1 to view videos.

#2713 1 year ago

I got it! I needed to install all 3 files (ffmpeg, ffplay & ffprobe)

Only 2 files are needed : ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe

#2714 1 year ago

Thank you!

Quoted from oga83:

I just wanted to make sure that, for BM66, it was not an issue introduced in Pinball Browser v6.20 but rather something related to the new firmwares.

#2715 1 year ago

You have to donate 20 bucks in order to switch Metallica songs? Or am I not doing this right?

#2716 1 year ago

I found the problem with AC/DC v1.70
This is not a big issue but a part of the firmware analysis code needs to be rewritten, so that it works for all Sam firmwares.
It should not take long.

#2717 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

I found the problem with AC/DC v1.70
This is not a big issue but a part of the firmware analysis code needs to be rewritten, so that it works for all Sam firmwares.
It should not take long.

Thanks Oliver! We appreciate all the work you put into making Pinball Browser great!

#2718 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

No, I can't open AC/DC 1.70 and I've been working on this since a few days

Pinball Browser v6.30 can now open AC/DC 1.70

#2719 1 year ago

Thanks! Confirmed, I had no problem opening 1.68 and 1.70 with the new version. Great work!

Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v6.30 can now open AC/DC 1.70

#2720 1 year ago

anyone could offer a link for the original ACDC1.68 Prem/le?

#2721 1 year ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am thinking of buying a Aerosmith . There is one issue with the callout . The ( Jester Voice ) . I know it is part of the sound package but I can not stand the implementation STERN did adding the ridiculous ( Jester Voice ) . I have never used PB-Browser . Is there a way to change or omit the ( Jester Voice ) ? I have not played Aerosmith enough to know if the ridiculous voice is essential or fundamental in the game play of Aerosmith . And for those who like the voice this is just my opinion .Please advise . Thank you .

I thought the same thing before I had it but the Jester is really part of the game. he comes up w/ messages through out the game. if you can change them, you'd pretty much have to replace them all w/ the same types of messages. I'm just reading about pinball browser now so, I'm nto the person to be the first to try it out. I'd rather wait till someone who's used it on other machines first tries it out. still, I'm very interested int he idea of it.

as for changing the songs, the song titles aren't just on screen. they are printed on the play-field lights as well. even if you can change the onscreen stuff, you'd still have the wrong names on the playfield. besides, the animations are really tied to the tracks. I can't imagine it working out but if someone comes up w/ a plan, I'd like to hear it.

#2722 1 year ago

Thanks for the fast work oga83

#2723 1 year ago

In another thread Kapsreiter is reporting that his AC/DC was no longer booting after updating with PB. That’s why he looked for the original firmware.

Anyone else having same issue, eg a new release like 6.31 is required??

In any case, my advise is to first backup the firmware on your AC/DC on usb prior to updating.

#2724 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In another thread Kapsreiter is reporting that his AC/DC was no longer booting after updating with PB. That’s why he looked for the original firmware.
In any case, my advise is to first backup the firmware on your AC/DC on usb prior to updating.

Backing up the SD card.

#2725 1 year ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Backing up the SD card.
» YouTube video

Thanks but AC/DC is a SAM system and you video is for Spike. Backup can go via the service menu on an USB stick.

#2726 1 year ago

I had no issues booting with AC/DC 1.70 after using Pinball browser 6.30.

#2727 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I think the issue is with the serial patch that is used with the PMD LCD video mod.

#2728 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Did you only exchange songs or also use it in combo with a smartdmd and or mikeD displaymod?

#2729 1 year ago

Opened ACDC 170 today to have a look at it.

Tried to run MikeD marco for Smartdmd (as it also contains the comm patch it also helps with the display mod). Got an error message when running the macro, clearly items have moved around. For instance picture at 0XB7 is now at 0XC8. Tried ShiftId,0,0XB7,0XC8 but got an error message at that one.

Afraid that this is above my capacities , how is best way to compare the 2 images? As I leave the sound alone,just Smartdmd, I assume I only have to worry about the location of the animations and where music/callouts are located is of no interest to me?

#2730 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

To make things clear :
You can use Pinball Browser v6.30 with AC/DC 1.70 as long as you don't install the communication patch (function "Load patch" in the Sam tab).
The communication patch is only used for SmartDmd side-channel palettes and PinballMikeD mods.
If you modify songs, frames or anything else, you won't have any issues.

#2731 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

To make things clear :
You can use Pinball Browser v6.30 with AC/DC 1.70 as long as you don't install the communication patch (function "Load patch" in the Sam tab).
The communication patch is only used for SmartDmd side-channel palettes and PinballMikeD mods.
If you modify songs, frames or anything else, you won't have any issues.

Hi Oliver, Do you think you'll have a work around for the comm patch soon? Hoping it's an easy fix! Thanks again for the great product and support!

#2732 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Hi Oliver, Do you think you'll have a work around for the comm patch soon? Hoping it's an easy fix! Thanks again for the great product and support!

I have identified one of the issues but it's not an easy fix.
I still don't know when it will be fixed.

#2733 1 year ago

Question for those that have opened 1.70 AC/DC code.
Are the songs in the same place? or have the numbers changed from 1.68?
Just curious as I have a lot of songs to change out for people as soon as Stern patches the problems with 1.70.

***Edit***
Nevermind I had time to load the LE/Premium version and the songs have shifted call outs of course.
Here are the new numbers to make it easier for everyone.

303- Back in Black
304- For those about to Rock
305- Hell ain't a bad place
306- Hell's Bells
307- Highway to hell
308- Let there be Rock
309- Rock N Roll Train
310- Thunderstruck
311- T.N.T
312- War Machine
313- Whole lotta Rosie
314- You Shook me All Night Long

#2734 1 year ago

If I am changing the custom message and need a carriage return to separate the lines, how do I enter it? Is the pipe symbol changed by PB to the proper hex code?

#2735 1 year ago

Pinball Browser v6.40 with communication patch v1.40 now works with AC/DC v1.70

#2736 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks Olivier! This is great news, cant wait to load it tonight!

Regards
Ed

#2737 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Oliver is the fucking man!

#2738 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If I am changing the custom message and need a carriage return to separate the lines, how do I enter it? Is the pipe symbol changed by PB to the proper hex code?

How do you change the custom message ?
If you are using the "Search string" feature, then yes, Pinball Browser will convert the pipe character to a carriage return.
However, if the game does expect a string with a carriage return, this will not work and this character will simply be ignored.

#2739 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

How do you change the custom message ?
If you are using the "Search string" feature, then yes, Pinball Browser will convert the pipe character to a carriage return.
However, if the game does expect a string with a carriage return, this will not work and this character will simply be ignored.

I tried this last night. I just wanted to change the default custom message from the local tournaments msg to what I wanted but noticed the carriage return doesnt work. Is there a way to enter a carriage return into the default?

#2740 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I tried this last night. I just wanted to change the default custom message from the local tournaments msg to what I wanted but noticed the carriage return doesnt work. Is there a way to enter a carriage return into the default?

Which message id did you modify ?

#2741 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Which message id did you modify ?

I'll have to look when I'm at home with the file. The default string is something like Support Your Local Tournaments. I changed that string and it worked the custom message updates, the carriage returns are just ignored. I was just trying to avoid having to enter it myself after flashing.

#2742 1 year ago

I found it, "PARTICIPATE IN|LOCAL TOURNAMENTS!" 0x41F in ACDC 1.7 Pro

#2743 1 year ago

In this video I update my AC/DC premium pinball machine to code 1.70. This code needs to be updated with Pinball Browser because of the Mike D display monitor mod installed into the game
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/03/01/code-update-updating-ac-dc-code-1-70-with-mike-d-mod-and-pinball-browser/
Video Post :

ddddd (resized).jpg

Added 12 months ago: Video is best viewed with Internet Explorer. Viewed with any other browser seems to cause lag with the video.

#2744 1 year ago

Was there once a free version of this that allowed you to extract sound files? Would just like to have a mess about. Thanks.

#2745 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I just change mine in the Stern setup menu without using PB.

1 week later
#2746 1 year ago

just confirming that this doesn't work at all with Williams games (no good gofers) right? I need to change out that terrible main theme music and was only aware of pinsound as an option. Just confirming.

#2747 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

just confirming that this doesn't work at all with Williams games (no good gofers) right? I need to change out that terrible main theme music and was only aware of pinsound as an option. Just confirming.

See the FAQ, post #1: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012

Quoted from oga83:

It can also open WPC games (it can only display DMD frames - no modifications)...

#2748 1 year ago

Yeah this is a big downer for me too. Why cant we modify 20+ year old code yet?????

#2749 1 year ago
Quoted from lurch:

Yeah this is a big downer for me too. Why cant we modify 20+ year old code yet?????

Because, Assembly language.

#2750 1 year ago

Hi guys. Im using Pinball-Browser for the first time. At my Stern Mustang. Wich is probably the best game for doing it. Anyway I am having a hard time matching the volume of the new tracks. Whats the easiest way to match the volume. Without repeatedly updating the game code... I am sure this has been discussed somewhere hear in the past. But I dont want do go through 55 pages. Please help. THX

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Village, OH
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Marshville, NC
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 8.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 9.95
$ 94.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 179.99
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3058 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside