• 3,059 posts
  • 497 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pekilica
  • Topic is favorited by 635 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bandicam 2019-03-11 23-08-58-222 (resized).jpg
0x91D (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
0x91Da (resized).PNG
MET sparky splash logo (LED) (resized).jpg
ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Error (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3059 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 62.
#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if this has been asked/answered.
Am I required to pay again if I update the software? I updated to V6 and it wanted my key number... which didn’t work.

I had the same issue.

#2552 1 year ago

I installed my smart dmd and the serial-sidechannel cable in my met pro. It works, but only in default color.

I think i have to load the commhex patch now to get it work with serial cable.

Can someone share the patch with me, so that i can finish my smart dmd project.

Thank you for your help.

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I installed my smart dmd and the serial-sidechannel cable in my met pro. It works, but only in default color.
Thank you for your help.

mightygrave
so, in your .pbm file, you have this?

-- Pinball-Browser Macro for METALLICA v1.70
CheckVersion,"METALLICA",0x170
LoadHex,"comm120.hex"

-- the following 2 lines are for Side-Channel
PaletteMode,1
PaletteComm,2

and you simply need the comm120.hex file? if so, just pm me your email address and I can send it to you

#2554 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Thank you for your help.

The comhex patch is in the default install directory of pinball-browser as well. I think the latest version is 131.

#2555 1 year ago

Question: Just got a MacBook Pro. What's best way to install pinball browser on Mac?

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question: Just got a MacBook Pro. What's best way to install pinball browser on Mac?

I think some folks use the Windows workaround... I found those unstable. Unfortunately, I use PB with my crappy Dell.

#2557 1 year ago

max_badazz mudflaps Your question is answered in the v6 announcement post. oga83 is the developer.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if this has been asked/answered.
Am I required to pay again if I update the software? I updated to V6 and it wanted my key number... which didn’t work.

Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v6 is now available
This version is available for free for users who have donated within the last 12 months.

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

max_badazz mudflaps Your question is answered in the v6 announcement post. oga83 is the developer.

Ahh, missed that. Guess I’m making my third donation!

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v6.10 is now compatible with Spooky games
You can replace sounds or videos.
Many thanks to pinsider hAbO for his help on this !
Just open the .zip file with Pinball Browser :

Just swapped out some RZ tunes. Is there a way to match the animation with the new song title?

#2560 1 year ago

Should editing code, specifically importing 500mb of .wav files changing 25 or so sound files, double the size of it from 7gb to 15.5gb?

That's my current experience with the GotG code. requiring me to write it to a 32gb sd card when the original code is on an 8gb card.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

#2561 1 year ago

*** Sample Searching Help Sought ***

I'm just getting my feet wet with Pinball-Browser. I've watched a few clips on YouTube and done some reading here on Pinside.

If you have a minute, can you advise me on how to search more efficiently for specific samples? Pinball-Browser displays samples as "Requests" or "Scripts," and includes no description. This makes it impossible to scroll through to find the specific sample you're after, etc. There are a few different ways to display the listed samples - by length, by Request, by Script, etc - but none is very helpful in terms of identifying what you're looking at.

I'm using Stern's latest BIN file for TWD, in case you were curious.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#2562 1 year ago

Side channel question, what comm cable do I need to order? Does amazon have it? Thanks.

#2564 1 year ago

For those wanting the pinballmiked acdc macro sent me a PM with your Mailadress. I still have it and it’s not messed up. Are you guys using the right Smartdmd.txt file?

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Should editing code, specifically importing 500mb of .wav files changing 25 or so sound files, double the size of it from 7gb to 15.5gb?

No, replacing a song should not modify the .img file size.

#2566 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Sample Searching Help Sought ***
can you advise me on how to search more efficiently for specific samples? Pinball-Browser displays samples as "Requests" or "Scripts," and includes no description. This makes it impossible to scroll through to find the specific sample you're after, etc. There are a few different ways to display the listed samples - by length, by Request, by Script, etc - but none is very helpful in terms of identifying what you're looking at.

You'll find more informations about sound-requests, sound-scripts and bookmarks in the FAQ.
If someone has already shared his bookmarks for this game, you can download them (just click on the "sync" button) : you'll then have a direct access to a sound by its bookmark name.

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

No, replacing a song should not modify the .img file size.

Thanks for the reply, any idea why it is?

Capture (resized).JPG

#2568 1 year ago

So thank you oga83 and J.M. for your support.

But my Met is an neverending story... So here the SmartDMD works only with default color, but the Sidechannel (serial) doesn't work.

I testet the connection with pinballbrowser but the result is: "Pinballbrowser can't communicate with the machine" (see picture).

Here are the steps I made:

1. Download the MET 1.7 rom from stern website

2. Start the macro:

-- Pinball-Browser Macro for METALLICA v1.70
CheckVersion,"METALLICA",0x170
PaletteMode,2
LoadHex,"comm120.hex"
PaletteComm,2

3. Enter Serialnumber: 2407xx (stands on the machine-lable)

4. Macro runs about 20mins.

5. Updated the Rom on machine

--> After the reboot it Shows at Startup 2408xx

So I repeated the steps with the Serial 2408xx 0 --> same result

It looks like the Commpatch doens't work...

I hope someone can me solve the problem.

Thank you very much

IMG_20180106_141449 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_141512 (resized).jpg

#2569 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

LoadHex,"comm120.hex"

You can't use comm120.hex with Pinball Browser 6.10 :
You always have to use the patch that is included with Pinball Browser (comm132.hex for Pinball Browser v6.11)

#2570 1 year ago

What is the easiest way to get the browser to work on a Mac?

Any chance someone can write a quick tutorial for us Mac users?

This is my one regret getting rid of Windows.

#2571 1 year ago

is there a tutorial to just replace a song?

Edit: i succeed to change the song. How now change the name and that appears on the screen of the DMD?
thanks

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

You can't use comm120.hex with Pinball Browser 6.10 :
You always have to use the patch that is included with Pinball Browser (comm132.hex for Pinball Browser v6.11)

On the computer i work with is Pinballbrowser 5.80 intalled and I patched it with comm120.hex.
Should I also use the Version 5.80 when I test the connection with my laptop?

#2574 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The most full-proof way is to buy VMWare Fusion and get a copy of Windows. Then you can run Windows in a virtual environment. This is how I use PB on my Mac.

Secondly, you could try out Crossover for Mac. It lets you run most Windows software without actually running the Windows OS. It's cheaper than the first suggestion, but not everything runs. PB has worked for me in Crossover in terms of viewing assets in the code, but I've never tried to modify or use any of the advanced features under Crossover, so I can't say for certain all features will work.

The author of PB is an amazing programmer and a great guy who is always there to help. If I could make a humble suggestion to him, it would be to check out Xojo, a modern VB-like language that creates cross platform apps (Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, web) with a common language and IDE. No runtimes or any garbage like that, just pure native apps.

https://www.xojo.com

#2575 1 year ago

Anyone make good custom sound for Avengers? PM me please and thank you.

#2576 1 year ago

thanks i saw this video.
but he only change a sound, no need to change the name.
i changed the songs but i need to rename them and see the right name on the dmd screen.
didn't see where it is explain. i guess it is on Message tab

#2577 1 year ago

i guess it is on Message tab

Yes

#2578 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The most full-proof way is to buy VMWare Fusion and get a copy of Windows. Then you can run Windows in a virtual environment. This is how I use PB on my Mac.
Secondly, you could try out Crossover for Mac. It lets you run most Windows software without actually running the Windows OS. It's cheaper than the first suggestion, but not everything runs. PB has worked for me in Crossover in terms of viewing assets in the code, but I've never tried to modify or use any of the advanced features under Crossover, so I can't say for certain all features will work.
The author of PB is an amazing programmer and a great guy who is always there to help. If I could make a humble suggestion to him, it would be to check out Xojo, a modern VB-like language that creates cross platform apps (Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, web) with a common language and IDE. No runtimes or any garbage like that, just pure native apps.

I think I may have tried crossover and your correct, I think. I was able to view and sample sounds in the code and even though it appeared on first look that you could replace things.... it didn’t actually execute. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Anyhow, I agree with what you said above. More and more users are using macs and sure would be nice to not have to monkey around with all this extra software. Just adds one more way to F$&@ sh$& up!

#2579 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Thanks !
Xojo might be a good solution but as other products (I've used Xamarin with C#) there are always some specific adjustments and/or limitations for each platform.
Pinball Browser is written in C# on .Net (because I've been using C/C++ for decades and C# since itwas created).
Untill v5, it could partially run on Mono, which is an open source implementation of .Net, available on OS X and Linux (and many other platforms).
It is not native code but almost, thanks to the JIT compiler.
As PB was barely used on Mono, I did not take the time to ensure that v6 was still running on it.
If anyone has a Mac and want to do some tests, I can try to adjust PB if needed (I don't have a Mac and I'm not familiar with it).

#2580 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks !
Xojo might be a good solution but as other products (I've used Xamarin with C#) there are always some specific adjustments and/or limitations for each platform.
Pinball Browser is written in C# on .Net (because I've been using C/C++ for decades and C# since itwas created).
Untill v5, it could partially run on Mono, which is an open source implementation of .Net, available on OS X and Linux (and many other platforms).
It is not native code but almost, thanks to the JIT compiler.
As PB was barely used on Mono, I did not take the time to ensure that v6 was still running on it.
If anyone has a Mac and want to do some tests, I can try to adjust PB if needed (I don't have a Mac and I'm not familiar with it).

I would gladly donate more than the recommended $20 license fee to have PB on Mac rather than pay for crossover or windows

If you want me to dummy test some installs and PB stuff on Mac, shoot me a pm.

#2581 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I would gladly donate more than the recommended $20 license fee to have PB on Mac rather than pay for crossover or windows

Same here, I’d gladly donate to the development of this.

It’s a great tool and would be awesome for us Mac users, I’m just not computer savvy enough to tinker with programming etc....

#2582 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

On the computer i work with is Pinballbrowser 5.80 intalled and I patched it with comm120.hex.

I thought you were using v6 because it is what appears on your screenshot.

Should I also use the Version 5.80 when I test the connection with my laptop?

No, v6 is ok.

Make sure that :
- You follow this tutorial to test your connection : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/25#post-1540898
- You cable is similar to the one in the above tutorial. In particular, you can't use a cable with a male-DB9 and a straight gender changer.
- There was no error when you installed the communication patch

#2583 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks !

The test is really simple : Install mono and try to launch Pinball Browser.
PM me the errors you will see.

#2584 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

I thought you were using v6 because it is what appears on your screenshot.

No, v6 is ok.
Make sure that :
- You follow this tutorial to test your connection : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/25#post-1540898
- You cable is similar to the one in the above tutorial. In particular, you can't use a cable with a male-DB9 and a straight gender changer.
- There was no error when you installed the communication patch

ah ok made the connection-test with a male-D9 and a gender changer. So i have to buy a straight DB-9 cable....

For the serial connection from TLL Converter to MPU I use this cable amazon.com link »

NO erros and in pinballbrowser it looks well done

#2585 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

ah ok made the connection-test with a male-D9 and a gender changer. So i have to buy a straight DB-9 cable....

Or you can cross the signals with 3 wires (DB9-pins 2->3, 3->2 and 5->5)

Quoted from MightyGrave:

For the serial connection from TLL Converter to MPU I use this cable

The link is probably wrong as this is not a TTL to RS232 cable

#2586 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thanks !
The test is really simple : Install mono and try to launch Pinball Browser.
PM me the errors you will see.

Im still a Mac gimp; just got Mac a week or two ago. But i installed mono but don't know where it is or how to run it. When I try to launch pb.exe its windows os and not supported. The mono site says to test the install open a file called hello.cs but I don't know what that is either or how to open it. Sorry not much help, but learning and trying

#2587 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Or you can cross the signals with 3 wires (DB9-pins 2->3, 3->2 and 5->5)

The link is probably wrong as this is not a TTL to RS232 cable

I use this converter amazon.com link »
with the cable from the last link.

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I use "Crossover" on my iMac and it works perfectly. Just setup a Windows "Bottle" and install .Net 4.0 and you're good to go.

#2589 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I use this converter amazon.com link »
with the cable from the last link.

It looks good

#2590 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im still a Mac gimp; just got Mac a week or two ago. But i installed mono but don't know where it is or how to run it. When I try to launch pb.exe its windows os and not supported. The mono site says to test the install open a file called hello.cs but I don't know what that is either or how to open it. Sorry not much help, but learning and trying

Try the following command in a console window :

mono path/Pinball-Browser.exe

(replace "path" with the path where you have unzipped Pinball Browser)

#2591 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I use "Crossover" on my iMac and it works perfectly. Just setup a Windows "Bottle" and install .Net 4.0 and you're good to go.

I installed crossover and .net 4 but when I try to open PB.exe in crossover it brings me to the default page of what windows application would you like to run.

Quoted from oga83:

Try the following command in a console window :

mono path/Pinball-Browser.exe

(replace "path" with the path where you have unzipped Pinball Browser)

I'll be back later on to test these options more. Gotta bail for now.

#2592 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

It looks good

and this is how my smartdmd.txt looks:

screen_width=1920
screen_height=1080
screen_rotate=0
screen_forcehdmi=1
overscan_top=-600
overscan_bottom=-600
overscan_left=-800
overscan_right=-800
splash_screen=0
splash_screen_offset=200
nice=1
dmd_type=0
dmd_width=128
dmd_height=32
dmd_x0=451
dmd_y0=500
dmd_framewidth=0
dmd_framecolor=0xFF000000
dmd_upscaling=0
dmd_persistentpalette=1
broadcastenabled=1
broadcastaddress=255.255.255.255
broadcastport=9876
dmd_dot=0x00,0xEE,0xEE,0xEE,0x00,0xEE,0xEE,0xEE
dmd_npalettes=154
dmd_palette0=Default,0xFF000000,0xFF424242,0xFF5D5D5D,0xFF727272,0xFF848484,0xFF939393,0xFFA1A1A1,0xFFAEAEAE,0xFFBABABA,0xFFC6C6C6,0xFFD0D0D0,0xFFDADADA,0xFFE4E4E4,0xFFEDEDED,0xFFF6F6F6,0xFFFFFFFF
dmd_defaultpalette=0
dmd_nbackgrounds=0
splash_screen=1
palette_mode=2
video_off_enable=0
temperature_max=50000

I have seen in my macro stands:

-- the following 2 lines are for Side-Channel
PaletteMode,1
PaletteComm,2

But is PaletteMode1 not GPIO?

If i run the Macro with PalletteMode2 the colors doesn't match.

#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Got this to work! For others trying this, here are the steps:

Install Crossover.
Right Click PB.exe and open with Crossover. For the crossover selections:
Select Application: Microsoft .net 4.0
Select Installer: PB.exe (automatically selected)
Select Bottle: Microsoft .net 4.0 again (my mistake earlier is I was choosing windows).
Pinball Browser should open.

It was actually pretty easy. Now to get oga83 some $ for a license

EDIT: Actually I don't think it did work, whenever I select a sound file I get a pop error message that says 'cannot play file'

#2594 1 year ago

any thoughts? Think license file will fix it? or maybe I'm doing something wrong with crossover + Mac?

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 12.36.43 PM (resized).png

#2595 1 year ago

I am thinking of buying a Aerosmith . There is one issue with the callout . The ( Jester Voice ) . I know it is part of the sound package but I can not stand the implementation STERN did adding the ridiculous ( Jester Voice ) . I have never used PB-Browser . Is there a way to change or omit the ( Jester Voice ) ? I have not played Aerosmith enough to know if the ridiculous voice is essential or fundamental in the game play of Aerosmith . And for those who like the voice this is just my opinion .Please advise . Thank you .

#2596 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Got this to work! For others trying this, here are the steps:
Install Crossover.
Right Click PB.exe and open with Crossover. For the crossover selections:
Select Application: Microsoft .net 4.0
Select Installer: PB.exe (automatically selected)
Select Bottle: Microsoft .net 4.0 again (my mistake earlier is I was choosing windows).
Pinball Browser should open.
It was actually pretty easy. Now to get oga83 some $ for a license
EDIT: Actually I don't think it did work, whenever I select a sound file I get a pop error message that says 'cannot play file'

This is the problem I was having last time I tried.

Hopefully that mono route allows better use without having do use crossover.

#2597 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

any thoughts? Think license file will fix it? or maybe I'm doing something wrong with crossover + Mac?

Entering license file didn’t solve problem for me.

#2598 1 year ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am thinking of buying a Aerosmith . There is one issue with the callout . The ( Jester Voice ) . I know it is part of the sound package but I can not stand the implementation STERN did adding the ridiculous ( Jester Voice ) . I have never used PB-Browser . Is there a way to change or omit the ( Jester Voice ) ? I have not played Aerosmith enough to know if the ridiculous voice is essential or fundamental in the game play of Aerosmith . And for those who like the voice this is just my opinion .Please advise . Thank you .

Of course...to change it. You need to locate it in PB and replace it by another sound with the same length.

Look at #2573 comment in this page, third link.

#2599 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you try the mono path that was mentioned earlier?

This is intended to use without crossover correct?

#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you try the mono path that was mentioned earlier?
This is intended to use without crossover correct?

Tried it. Couldn't get it to bite. I'll try again soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Sale Pending!
St. Marys, PA
Machine - For Sale
Goffstown, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
De Motte, IN
€ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
€ 18.95
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 3059 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside