By oga83

4 years ago

Stats

• 2,524 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by tslayer71
  • Topic is favorited by 578 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 212 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MET - flaming eye.gif
met-combo (resized).JPG
export (resized).png
sw089 (resized).png
TOMJONES (resized).jpg
ACDC Juke Template (resized).jpg
repo (resized).png
36150 (resized).png
Titans-Return-Soundwave-040 (resized).jpg
highscores (resized).jpg
IMAG0520 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170421-180051 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.51.50 PM (resized).png
Ghostbusters (resized).png
batman (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 2524 posts in topic. You are on page 51 of 51.
#2501 14 days ago

exactly that's why i'm finding it so strange

#2502 14 days ago

Have a question. After I download the Batman 66 update from Stern I have 2 files. After I unpack the files and make changes with PB I'm left with the 2 original files (.002), 1 large 3.80G file containing the altered code (.spk) and 1 dat file. I know not to bother with the .dat file. But what remaining file(s) should I being loading onto my USB for the code update? Just the larger 3.80G file? If there's updates to the node boards I want to make sure I'm loading them into my machine. Thanks!

#2503 14 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Have a question. After I download the Batman 66 update from Stern I have 2 files. After I unpack the files and make changes with PB I'm left with the 2 original files, 1 large file containing the altered code and 1 dat file. I know not to bother with the .dat file. But what remaining file(s) should I being loading onto my USB for the code update? Just the larger 3.80G file? If there's updates to the node boards I want to make sure I'm loading them into my machine. Thanks!

I think this is answered in the faq
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/38#post-2722290

#2504 13 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes, this is possible.
More informations about SmartDmd here and here.
First, make sure that the demo version works on your Raspberry version.

Thanks, now that i know that is possible, i try

#2505 13 days ago

It's been a LONG time since i used Pinball Browser, and i did buy the license at that time; But, is there a way to export sound files from spike games? I only see an import option. Im running v5.76.

#2506 13 days ago

To continue my topic above..

I figured out that the filled G-E-A-R-S letters (0x85F-0x863) are not what is being picked up when the targets are hit. It is actually pulling the completed letter from an alphabetic list: G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295.

The question is where do I find what is pointing to these location so I can change it to my new letters?

#2507 13 days ago

Following up: I edited the images (G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295) the to be the ones I wanted. Good news/bad news: my filled in letters show up correctly for hitting the GEARS targets, bad news the end of ball "BONUS" and "REPLAY" that use the same letters are misspelled now.

Further testing: I started with the unmolested code and changed the text for BONUS and REPLAY in messages, uploaded the code and those 2 words were correctly changed.

Maybe I'm missing something. Can someone tell me what else to look for in the code? What do lines lines with things like this mean??

+%u GEAR%P1//S/%
GEAR%P1//S/%
+%u GEAR%P1//S//%

#2508 13 days ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Following up: I edited the images (G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295) the to be the ones I wanted. Good news/bad news: my filled in letters show up correctly for hitting the GEARS targets, bad news the end of ball "BONUS" and "REPLAY" that use the same letters are misspelled now.
Further testing: I started with the unmolested code and changed the text for BONUS and REPLAY in messages, uploaded the code and those 2 words were correctly changed.
Maybe I'm missing something. Can someone tell me what else to look for in the code? What do lines lines with things like this mean??
+%u GEAR%P1//S/%
GEAR%P1//S/%
+%u GEAR%P1//S//%

That's interesting code there.
It's some kinda to string format code. My guess is that the code is pulling up that string, and using those commands ("%P1", "%u") to determine whether thedisplay shoudl show "x GEAR" or "x GEARS". Again, I'm just guessing, since I haven't actually seen the animation, that the +u% is going to be a number about how many you've collected.

#2509 12 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's some kinda to string format code. My guess is that the code is pulling up that string, and using those commands ("%P1", "%u") to determine whether thedisplay shoudl show "x GEAR" or "x GEARS". Again, I'm just guessing, since I haven't actually seen the animation, that the +u% is going to be a number about how many you've collected.

You got it right

#2510 12 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's been a LONG time since i used Pinball Browser, and i did buy the license at that time; But, is there a way to export sound files from spike games? I only see an import option. Im running v5.76.

same question for SAM games - does anyone know a way to export sound files?

#2511 12 days ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

To continue my topic above..
I figured out that the filled G-E-A-R-S letters (0x85F-0x863) are not what is being picked up when the targets are hit. It is actually pulling the completed letter from an alphabetic list: G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295.
The question is where do I find what is pointing to these location so I can change it to my new letters?

These images are part of a font. My guess is that there must be a string somewhere that points to the correct letters.
Did you try to modify the strings "GEARS TARGET", "GEARS:", "OBJ GEARS", "GEAR(S)" and some others ? ("Message" tab, "Search Firmware" button)

#2512 12 days ago

You have to use an older version of pinball browser 4.40 or earlier or 6.00 (corrected, thanks oga!)

Quoted from dmieczko:

#2513 12 days ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

This is possible with Pinball Browser v6

export (resized).png

#2515 12 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is possible with Pinball Browser v6

Worked like a charm- thank you!!

#2516 12 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

These images are part of a font. My guess is that there must be a string somewhere that points to the correct letters.
Did you try to modify the strings "GEARS TARGET", "GEARS:", "OBJ GEARS", "GEAR(S)" and some others ? ("Message" tab, "Search Firmware" button)

I believe I have tried modifying the text on all of those lines using the firmware search. I'll start from scratch tonight and report back.

#2517 10 days ago

I'm almost done tweaking my MET Pro v1.70 colorization, but cannot find the "Combo Champion" graphic anywhere to adjust. See the attached photo - has anyone figured out how to properly color this graphic? Where is it in the code - I cannot find it.

met-combo (resized).JPG

#2518 9 days ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I'm almost done tweaking my MET Pro v1.70 colorization, but cannot find the "Combo Champion" graphic anywhere to adjust. See the attached photo - has anyone figured out how to properly color this graphic? Where is it in the code - I cannot find it.

they may have used a single frame from the flaming eye animation and then flipped the animation and used a 2nd frame (like a camera double exposure)

MET - flaming eye.gif

#2519 9 days ago

I took a quick look and it appears they used 2 images.
Image-0x07C5 - the eye ball on the left
Image-0x07D6 - the flaming tail on the right

If you overlay both of these you get the image you posted. Not sure what would happen if you modified the individual frames, it probably would mess up the animation.

Quoted from j_m_:

they may have used a single frame from the flaming eye animation and then flipped the animation and used a 2nd frame (like a camera double exposure)

#2520 9 days ago

Any chance we will ever see an apple compatible version of pinball browser? I've been using it with various work around applications but it is a real pain.

#2521 9 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I took a quick look and it appears they used 2 images.
Image-0x07C5 - the eye ball on the left
Image-0x07D6 - the flaming tail on the right
If you overlay both of these you get the image you posted. Not sure what would happen if you modified the individual frames, it probably would mess up the animation.

Pretty sure you are correct. What's weird is both those frames are colored correctly, using the same color palette, but this image is certainly shown using the wrong palette. Gotta figure out why...

#2522 8 days ago

Hi, new to pinball browser and was wondering about a couple of things. Want to upgrade my AC/DC code and keep my high scores. I can put in unique initials for grand champion, 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and forth place. When I try to change the other high scores if I put initials in one, it changes all the high score initials to the same thing. Will the pay version of PB let me put in unique initials for each high score? When I open the .bin I got that has three changed out songs it asked me if I wanted to get bookmarks from the web. I answered yes here. Will this screw up my custom .bin file that has three changed out songs?

Disregard - oag83 answered these two questions for me...... Thanks!!

#2523 8 days ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pretty sure you are correct. What's weird is both those frames are colored correctly, using the same color palette, but this image is certainly shown using the wrong palette. Gotta figure out why...

Still struggling with this - if anyone has been successful coloring a combined graphic, please let me know...

#2524 8 days ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Still struggling with this - if anyone has been successful coloring a combined graphic, please let me know...

I have done this with the bonus multiplier animation of StarTrek and worked without a problem.

#2525 7 days ago

When connecting a PC to your pin via the serial port do you need to do anything special like flipping dip switch 8 on the CPU board? Or do you simply just plug in the USB end of the serial cable?

Thanks,
Tslayer

#2526 6 days ago

I thought that flipping dip switch no. 8 was to let the system know that you wanted to update it and to look at the serial port and/or usb port for a file with the proper name. if found, it's boot strap code starts the update process

#2527 6 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I thought that flipping dip switch no. 8 was to let the system know that you wanted to update it and to look at the serial port and/or usb port for a file with the proper name. if found, it's boot strap code starts the update process

Ya, that is correct. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to do that for the pinball browser pc connection to the pin....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York City, NEW YORK
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 24.95
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 47.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Maryville, TN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2524 posts in topic. You are on page 51 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside