• 2,865 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by FalconPunch
  • Topic is favorited by 614 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball Browser GoTG High Scores edit (resized).png
IMAG1130 (resized).jpg
hs (resized).png
MET - splash (resized).png
MET - four horsemen (resized).jpg
IMDN (resized).png
song loc (resized).jpg
161644AC-4738-4FA0-8746-AD73BE822C98 (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMAG0773 (resized).jpg
pbrowser - pixel by pixel memory consumption (resized).jpg
pbrowser - original image (resized).jpg
pbrowser - image import (resized).jpg
IMG_20180124_202321 (resized).jpg
file_screenshot (resized).JPG
export (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 2869 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 58.
#2501 10 months ago

exactly that's why i'm finding it so strange

#2502 10 months ago

Have a question. After I download the Batman 66 update from Stern I have 2 files. After I unpack the files and make changes with PB I'm left with the 2 original files (.002), 1 large 3.80G file containing the altered code (.spk) and 1 dat file. I know not to bother with the .dat file. But what remaining file(s) should I being loading onto my USB for the code update? Just the larger 3.80G file? If there's updates to the node boards I want to make sure I'm loading them into my machine. Thanks!

#2503 10 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Have a question. After I download the Batman 66 update from Stern I have 2 files. After I unpack the files and make changes with PB I'm left with the 2 original files, 1 large file containing the altered code and 1 dat file. I know not to bother with the .dat file. But what remaining file(s) should I being loading onto my USB for the code update? Just the larger 3.80G file? If there's updates to the node boards I want to make sure I'm loading them into my machine. Thanks!

I think this is answered in the faq
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/38#post-2722290

#2504 10 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes, this is possible.
More informations about SmartDmd here and here.
First, make sure that the demo version works on your Raspberry version.

Thanks, now that i know that is possible, i try

#2505 10 months ago

It's been a LONG time since i used Pinball Browser, and i did buy the license at that time; But, is there a way to export sound files from spike games? I only see an import option. Im running v5.76.

#2506 10 months ago

To continue my topic above..

I figured out that the filled G-E-A-R-S letters (0x85F-0x863) are not what is being picked up when the targets are hit. It is actually pulling the completed letter from an alphabetic list: G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295.

The question is where do I find what is pointing to these location so I can change it to my new letters?

#2507 10 months ago

Following up: I edited the images (G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295) the to be the ones I wanted. Good news/bad news: my filled in letters show up correctly for hitting the GEARS targets, bad news the end of ball "BONUS" and "REPLAY" that use the same letters are misspelled now.

Further testing: I started with the unmolested code and changed the text for BONUS and REPLAY in messages, uploaded the code and those 2 words were correctly changed.

Maybe I'm missing something. Can someone tell me what else to look for in the code? What do lines lines with things like this mean??

+%u GEAR%P1//S/%
GEAR%P1//S/%
+%u GEAR%P1//S//%

#2508 10 months ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Following up: I edited the images (G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295) the to be the ones I wanted. Good news/bad news: my filled in letters show up correctly for hitting the GEARS targets, bad news the end of ball "BONUS" and "REPLAY" that use the same letters are misspelled now.
Further testing: I started with the unmolested code and changed the text for BONUS and REPLAY in messages, uploaded the code and those 2 words were correctly changed.
Maybe I'm missing something. Can someone tell me what else to look for in the code? What do lines lines with things like this mean??
+%u GEAR%P1//S/%
GEAR%P1//S/%
+%u GEAR%P1//S//%

That's interesting code there.
It's some kinda to string format code. My guess is that the code is pulling up that string, and using those commands ("%P1", "%u") to determine whether thedisplay shoudl show "x GEAR" or "x GEARS". Again, I'm just guessing, since I haven't actually seen the animation, that the +u% is going to be a number about how many you've collected.

#2509 10 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's some kinda to string format code. My guess is that the code is pulling up that string, and using those commands ("%P1", "%u") to determine whether thedisplay shoudl show "x GEAR" or "x GEARS". Again, I'm just guessing, since I haven't actually seen the animation, that the +u% is going to be a number about how many you've collected.

You got it right

#2510 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's been a LONG time since i used Pinball Browser, and i did buy the license at that time; But, is there a way to export sound files from spike games? I only see an import option. Im running v5.76.

same question for SAM games - does anyone know a way to export sound files?

#2511 10 months ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

To continue my topic above..
I figured out that the filled G-E-A-R-S letters (0x85F-0x863) are not what is being picked up when the targets are hit. It is actually pulling the completed letter from an alphabetic list: G is 0x1289, E is 0x1287, A is 0x1283, R is 1294, S is 1295.
The question is where do I find what is pointing to these location so I can change it to my new letters?

These images are part of a font. My guess is that there must be a string somewhere that points to the correct letters.
Did you try to modify the strings "GEARS TARGET", "GEARS:", "OBJ GEARS", "GEAR(S)" and some others ? ("Message" tab, "Search Firmware" button)

#2512 10 months ago

You have to use an older version of pinball browser 4.40 or earlier or 6.00 (corrected, thanks oga!)

Quoted from dmieczko:

#2513 10 months ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

This is possible with Pinball Browser v6

export (resized).png

#2515 10 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is possible with Pinball Browser v6

Worked like a charm- thank you!!

#2516 10 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

These images are part of a font. My guess is that there must be a string somewhere that points to the correct letters.
Did you try to modify the strings "GEARS TARGET", "GEARS:", "OBJ GEARS", "GEAR(S)" and some others ? ("Message" tab, "Search Firmware" button)

I believe I have tried modifying the text on all of those lines using the firmware search. I'll start from scratch tonight and report back.

#2517 10 months ago

I'm almost done tweaking my MET Pro v1.70 colorization, but cannot find the "Combo Champion" graphic anywhere to adjust. See the attached photo - has anyone figured out how to properly color this graphic? Where is it in the code - I cannot find it.

met-combo (resized).JPG

#2518 10 months ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I'm almost done tweaking my MET Pro v1.70 colorization, but cannot find the "Combo Champion" graphic anywhere to adjust. See the attached photo - has anyone figured out how to properly color this graphic? Where is it in the code - I cannot find it.

they may have used a single frame from the flaming eye animation and then flipped the animation and used a 2nd frame (like a camera double exposure)

MET - flaming eye.gif

#2519 10 months ago

I took a quick look and it appears they used 2 images.
Image-0x07C5 - the eye ball on the left
Image-0x07D6 - the flaming tail on the right

If you overlay both of these you get the image you posted. Not sure what would happen if you modified the individual frames, it probably would mess up the animation.

Quoted from j_m_:

they may have used a single frame from the flaming eye animation and then flipped the animation and used a 2nd frame (like a camera double exposure)

#2520 10 months ago

Any chance we will ever see an apple compatible version of pinball browser? I've been using it with various work around applications but it is a real pain.

#2521 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I took a quick look and it appears they used 2 images.
Image-0x07C5 - the eye ball on the left
Image-0x07D6 - the flaming tail on the right
If you overlay both of these you get the image you posted. Not sure what would happen if you modified the individual frames, it probably would mess up the animation.

Pretty sure you are correct. What's weird is both those frames are colored correctly, using the same color palette, but this image is certainly shown using the wrong palette. Gotta figure out why...

#2522 10 months ago

Hi, new to pinball browser and was wondering about a couple of things. Want to upgrade my AC/DC code and keep my high scores. I can put in unique initials for grand champion, 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and forth place. When I try to change the other high scores if I put initials in one, it changes all the high score initials to the same thing. Will the pay version of PB let me put in unique initials for each high score? When I open the .bin I got that has three changed out songs it asked me if I wanted to get bookmarks from the web. I answered yes here. Will this screw up my custom .bin file that has three changed out songs?

Disregard - oag83 answered these two questions for me...... Thanks!!

#2523 10 months ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pretty sure you are correct. What's weird is both those frames are colored correctly, using the same color palette, but this image is certainly shown using the wrong palette. Gotta figure out why...

Still struggling with this - if anyone has been successful coloring a combined graphic, please let me know...

#2524 10 months ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Still struggling with this - if anyone has been successful coloring a combined graphic, please let me know...

I have done this with the bonus multiplier animation of StarTrek and worked without a problem.

#2525 10 months ago

When connecting a PC to your pin via the serial port do you need to do anything special like flipping dip switch 8 on the CPU board? Or do you simply just plug in the USB end of the serial cable?

Thanks,
Tslayer

#2526 10 months ago

I thought that flipping dip switch no. 8 was to let the system know that you wanted to update it and to look at the serial port and/or usb port for a file with the proper name. if found, it's boot strap code starts the update process

#2527 10 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I thought that flipping dip switch no. 8 was to let the system know that you wanted to update it and to look at the serial port and/or usb port for a file with the proper name. if found, it's boot strap code starts the update process

Ya, that is correct. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to do that for the pinball browser pc connection to the pin....

2 weeks later
#2528 9 months ago

I just realised I never updated my Ghostbusters with the most recent code from January this year. As the update is very small changes I wanted to keep my high scores, and I've been trying to edit the code with Pinball Browser for this purpose. Unfortunately I've run into a stumbling block - the scores I want to enter are ten digits, and it's only letting me save a nine digit high score.

For example, my GC is 4,638,160,150 - but if I enter this ten digit number in Pinball Broswer it doesn't change the value in the list when I click ok. If I enter that number without the 4 at the beginning it does change the value. Is there a workaround for this?

#2529 9 months ago

You crossed a 2^32 boundary. 2^32 - 1 = 4,294,967,295. I betcha that value works. Might be that stern is using a 64 bit value, and the pinball browser only supports a 32 bit value at this point.

#2530 9 months ago
Quoted from openpinballproj:

You crossed a 2^32 boundary. 2^32 - 1 = 4,294,967,295. I betcha that value works. Might be that stern is using a 64 bit value, and the pinball browser only supports a 32 bit value at this point.

The idea that they need 64 bits for a pinball score is laughable. It's time to stop stroking the egos of guys that love score and ease it back. It's like measuring your dick in centimetres, it doesn't make it any bigger.

#2531 9 months ago

Ok, thanks for the explanation. Frustrating, but what can you do!

Quoted from Darscot:

The idea that they need 64 bits for a pinball score is laughable. It's time to stop stroking the egos of guys that love score and ease it back. It's like measuring your dick in centimetres, it doesn't make it any bigger.

I agree - the scores on GB in particular are insane.

#2532 9 months ago

I don't know how the pinball browser works, but you might be able to change a field just above it or just below it to fix it. So in your case, you would change the field above or below to 1, and then set the score field to 343,192,854. Since it is a 64 bit field you might be able to break it into 2 32 bit fields that the pinball browser will understand. So the upper 32 bits are simply 1, while the lower 32 bits should be 343,192,854. I'm not sure if you have access to each of those fields, but if you do, that should fake out the browser to write the correct values into memory for the pinball machine.

#2533 9 months ago

Not exactly.
It is true that high scores are stored as 64 bits values in NvRam (on recent firmwares).
However, what is modified here is not the HS in NvRam. It's the default HS adjustment (which you can find in the Adjustment system menu).
Unfortunately, the adjustments values are 32-bit long, not 64... That's why you can't enter a value higher than 2^32.
There is a value multiplier (x10 in most cases) that allows a 'big' adjustment values to be stored (divided by 10) but I was not able to figure out exactly how it works on all games untill now. See this post and the following ones.

BTW, Pinball Browser can also modify "realtime" 64-bit HS (as opposed to "factory default HS" above) : for SAM games, you need the communication patch, and for Spike games, you need to work on the SD card (not a .spk file). Please note that it is not available for all games.

#2534 9 months ago

Anyone able to run version 6 on a Mac using Crossover? I am attempting to work on Spike Roms now and I get an error "Unhandled exception has occurred"
Details seem to pertain to Jit Debugging or something like that? I have never had an issue running versions 4-5 but I don't think they handle Spike?
I'm still using my same "Bottle" Of Windows XP. Should I try using Windows 7 or 8 and 32 bit or 64 bit?

EDIT: By changing the sound output to "Legacy" under the config tab I am able to open and play KISS sounds, but not GOTG or Aerosmith.

EDIT: I am trying to load directly from code I've downloaded from Stern's website. Should I be trying to load from the SD card in the game?

#2535 9 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

Anyone able to run version 6 on a Mac using Crossover? I am attempting to work on Spike Roms now and I get an error "Unhandled exception has occurred"
Details seem to pertain to Jit Debugging or something like that?

Please PM me the details

Quoted from cleland:

EDIT: By changing the sound output to "Legacy" under the config tab I am able to open and play KISS sounds, but not GOTG or Aerosmith.

This is required for XP but there are some limitations (for example, mp3 files can't be imported)

Quoted from cleland:

I'm still using my same "Bottle" Of Windows XP. Should I try using Windows 7 or 8 and 32 bit or 64 bit?

Quoted from cleland:

EDIT: I am trying to load directly from code I've downloaded from Stern's website. Should I be trying to load from the SD card in the game?

Yes, the result can be different

#2536 9 months ago

I zeppelinified Game Of Thrones (Pro) yesterday and thought someone might appreciate what the song locations are. Anything not listed is a dupe of another location. The only one I haven't heard is 64.

28 0:16.948 Choose your house/ball in shooter lane
29 1:34.394 Ball 1
30 1:32.384 Ball 2
31 1:32.403 Ball 3
32 0:29.541 Choose your battle
33 0:44.802 Mystery
34 1:08.131 Targaryen I
36 1:16.244 Targaryen II
38 1:21.461 Targaryen III
40 1:38.403 Stark
42 1:23.619 Lannister
44 1:29.140 Baratheon
46 1:09.122 Greyjoy
48 0:59.992 Tyrell
50 0:57.882 Martell
52 1:00.001 Any two modes played together
54 0:25.274 Winter is Coming shot lit
55 1:29.605 Hand Of The King/Iron Throne lit
56 1:14.995 Winter Has Come multi
58 1:09.821 Iron Thone multi
59 1:33.914 Blackwater multi, brief attract music
61 1:14.321 Hand of the King multi
63 1:24.706 Wall multi
64 1:10.405 ??
65 0:33.882 Video mode
67 1:38.404 High score music

#2537 9 months ago

And here's what I have so far for Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) in case you want to soundtrack it all up (it's sooo much better that way). I'm guessing on 55, 63 and 65 because they're not in the code yet.

31 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
32 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
33 0:15.157 ?
34 0:36.000 Mode pick screen
35 1:41.392 Sibling Rivalry & end of game
36 1:26.125 Escape Kyln
37 1:26.513 Knowhere
38 2:46.951 Quill's Quest
39 0:55.376 Yaka Arrow
40 1:09.717 Sanctuary
41 2:34.450 Pod Chase & Rocket double scoring
42 1:02.125 Antiquities Shop
43 9:15.897 Groot Multi
46 6:31.432 Orb Multi
55 0:35.616 ? Quill's Quest II ?
56 2:07.393 Knowhere II
57 3:11.956 Pod Chase II
58 0:52.983 Yaka Arrow II
59 1:23.708 Escape Kyln II
60 0:31.291 Antiquities Shop II
61 1:57.149 Sanctuary II
62 0:12.023 Sibling Rivalry II
63 4:44.071 ? Immolation Initiative ?
65 4:07.179 ? Save Xandar ?

#2538 9 months ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

And here's what I have so far for Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) in case you want to soundtrack it all up (it's sooo much better that way). I'm guessing on 55, 63 and 65 because they're not in the code yet.

Did you have to do anything different between changing GoT music and GotG as far as uploading, settings or modifying? Or is it the same ...edit a song to match the length of the existing song, add it to the file, save to USB, upload to machine

.... I've changed many machines pre-color screen with ease, but want to mess with GotG for a better soundtrack

#2539 9 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Did you have to do anything different between changing GoT music and GotG as far as uploading, settings or modifying? Or is it the same ...edit a song to match the length of the existing song, add it to the file, save to USB, upload to machine

I just changed the music. I did edit the files for specific length though I don't think you need to do that as long as they are longer as I imported in some without trimming them just to be able to find the specific song locations easier. It appears Pinball Browser will just cut them down to correct length without any issues with playback. I like to trim to the exact length and then add short fades to the end of songs for the final product though so there aren't abrupt endings during playback in the game.

Also I didn't upload via USB, I used new SD cards. I copied the original SD cards into Pinball Browser then put them aside in case their were any irreversible problems. I then wrote the modified versions to a new card. All of which is incredibly easy. This also allows you to easily swap in and out multiple different soundtracks. I'll likely be making a few different mixes of bands and such for GoT.

Definitely do it for GotG, it's a big improvement and works well with the game in how tracks play back etc. Less so with GoT as the songs tend to restart quite a bit, specifically the Ball 1, 2 & 3 tracks.

#2540 9 months ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

I zeppelinified Game Of Thrones (Pro) yesterday and thought someone might appreciate what the song locations are.

It would be great if you could share online bookmarks in Pinball Browser.
More informations in the "Bookmarks" section of the FAQ

#2541 9 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

It would be great if you could share online bookmarks in Pinball Browser.
More informations in the "Bookmarks" section of the FAQ

Thanks, I was figuring there was a way to do that, I’ll check it out.

#2542 9 months ago

Pinball Browser v6.10 is now compatible with Spooky games
You can replace sounds or videos.

Just open the .zip file with Pinball Browser :

amh (resized).png

rzo (resized).png

#2543 9 months ago

Many thanks to pinsider hAbO for his help on this !

amh (resized).png

rzo (resized).png

#2544 9 months ago

Waiting 2 years for version v6.
But still no wpc 95 game's

#2545 9 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

Many thanks to pinsider hAbO for his help on this !

I am not getting any sound bookmarks loading for RZ after checking online?

Edit: I was using a V023 beta file. Tried with the V022 official release and the bookmarks work.

#2546 9 months ago

Sorry if this has been asked/answered.

Am I required to pay again if I update the software? I updated to V6 and it wanted my key number... which didn’t work.

#2547 9 months ago

Anyone got a link for the last V5 plz ? cant find it anywhere on pinside

#2548 9 months ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

Anyone got a link for the last V5 plz ? cant find it anywhere on pinside

Only the latest version can be found on Pinside

#2549 9 months ago

Hi just picked up a new smartdmd setup. Hoping someone can share with me their ACDC premium file as pinball Mike no longer has it. Thanks Waldo dawaldo34@gmail.com

#2550 9 months ago

waldo34
I had a file from mike for it but it was all messed up. it made me think that it needs to be re-colored from scratch

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.95
$ 19.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
$ 189.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln, NE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2869 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 58.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside