1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 112.
#2351 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Anyone have any luck modifying their soundtrack for Aerosmith pro yet?
the code drop from Stern contained 2 files, named 'aerosmith-1_02_0.spk.002.000' and 'aerosmith-1_02_0.spk.002.001'.
The new version of Pinball Browser wouldn't recognize the files so i renamed them without the suffix, so that the names end in .spk.
The program now recognizes the files but I get an unknown exception error when trying to open them.
Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

I'm having the same problem with the new Batman66 code. Could this be Stern's way of keeping us from using PB?

#2352 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Anyone have any luck modifying their soundtrack for Aerosmith pro yet?
the code drop from Stern contained 2 files, named 'aerosmith-1_02_0.spk.002.000' and 'aerosmith-1_02_0.spk.002.001'.
The new version of Pinball Browser wouldn't recognize the files so i renamed them without the suffix, so that the names end in .spk.
The program now recognizes the files but I get an unknown exception error when trying to open them.
Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

I have the same problem the latest Batman66 code. I think the smaller file is an update to the spike OS system and the larger file is the game code update.

#2353 6 years ago

Cat the two files together and it turns into a squashfs filesystem image. Mount that and inside you'll find the usual aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk

I have a funny feeling that you might not be able to open the spk with Pinball Browser yet.

EDIT: As a side note, it appears Stern are worried about 4GB filesize limits, as the files in the zip seem to be cut at around the 4GB point

#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Cat the two files together and it turns into a squashfs filesystem image. Mount that and inside you'll find the usual aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk

Thanks for the information.

For those who are not familiar with Linux, here is how to do it :

cat aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.002.000 aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.002.000 >aerosmith<br />
mkdir /mnt/spike<br />
mount -t squasfh aerosmith /mnt/spike<br />
ls -al /mnt/spike<br />
<strong>-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 4784617252 Mar 14 21:16 aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk</strong>
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

I have a funny feeling that you might not be able to open the spk with Pinball Browser yet.

The .spk format has slightly changed and Pinball Browser is not able to read it yet.
[EDIT] The .spk format has just been modified to deal with archives that are bigger than 4Gb. I'll make the modification in Pinball Browser soon.

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

EDIT: As a side note, it appears Stern are worried about 4GB filesize limits, as the files in the zip seem to be cut at around the 4GB point

They had to, because USB sticks are usually FAT32-preformatted (and most users don't reformat them).

#2355 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

unzip aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.zip
cat aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.002.000 aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.002.001 > aerosmith.squashfs
mkdir /mnt/spike
mount -t squashfs aerosmith.squashfs /mnt/spike/

FTFY

#2356 6 years ago

You can cat the files on Max OS X too. Just use the Terminal.

#2357 6 years ago

where can i find the music update for tron?i like to have it on my machine
i'cant contact retro-p....

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

cat aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.002.000 aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.002.000 >aerosmith
mkdir /mnt/spike
mount -t squasfh aerosmith /mnt/spike
ls -al /mnt/spike
-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 4784617252 Mar 14 21:16 aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk

The .spk format has slightly changed and Pinball Browser is not able to read it yet.
[EDIT] The .spk format has just been modified to deal with archives that are bigger than 4Gb. I'll make the modification in Pinball Browser soon.

They had to, because USB sticks are usually FAT32-preformatted (and most users don't reformat them).

thanks Olivier, you're incredible. I'm donating more once that's done. There's one song (cat woman mode... slow jazz for a fast paced ramp mode) on BM66 that's sorely out of place in my opinion, I'm going to tinker with replacements if/when you get an update to pinball browser. Thanks again.

#2360 6 years ago

Does anyone have a color file setup for The Shadow?

#2361 6 years ago

Update: Sad But True must be cued to start at about the 23 second mark, because adding 23 seconds of silence to Whiskey did the trick!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Replaced two songs on a Metallica Pro using the 1.70 bin file.

One song that I replaced begins as expected (Turn the Page for Unforgiven), but the other starts at least 23 seconds into the song.

Replaced:
Sad But True: Script 0x367 (5min23s807ms)

Note: Found it via the bookmark I was able to load when opening the BIN file.

With:
Whiskey in the Jar (5:05min)

Whiskey in the Jar starts at about the 23 second mark of the song.

Any thoughts? Anyone know the start point of Sad But True?

#2362 6 years ago

can't figure out how to view the pbi format exports.

1 week later
#2363 6 years ago

Just learned about pinball browser this AM. AWESOME! Quickly going through the TZ ROM, I cannot find images of the door with the spark field around it. How do I view those frames? There should be sparks rotating around the door shown here. How do I view them? Thx!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2364 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Just learned about pinball browser this AM. AWESOME! Quickly going through the TZ ROM, I cannot find images of the door with the spark field around it. How do I view those frames? There should be sparks rotating around the door shown here. How do I view them? Thx!

Are the sparks separate frames on their own that are overlayed with the door?

#2365 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are the sparks separate frames on their own that are overlayed with the door?

I looked through them all and did not see them. Also, some of the frames seem incomplete. Maybe if someone could thumb through the 94h TZ ROM frames starting at 0x88 and show what they see???

#2366 6 years ago

Here is how it appears live on my pin...

Screenshot_20170421-180051 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170421-180051 (resized).jpg

#2367 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Looks like 0x6C might have some of the sparks.

#2368 6 years ago

Any easy instructions on how to load up Aerosmith to edit?...... I tried to cat the file at the command prompt and got an error.

Also has anyone tried changing the songs on it? .... is the song name text overlayed on the background animations (basically can I change the song name on the screen like the old DMD games)? Figured I would ask ahead of time, while trying to get the ROM to load

thx

#2369 6 years ago

Yes! Just found this, finally get to put my CS degree to good use!

1 week later
#2370 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

cat aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.002.000 aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk.002.000 >aerosmith
mkdir /mnt/spike
mount -t squasfh aerosmith /mnt/spike
ls -al /mnt/spike
-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 4784617252 Mar 14 21:16 aerosmith_le-1_02_0.spk

Ok, there are a couple issues with this (typos and formatting). So it is a mild exercise left to the reader.

This print out contains HTML formatting, so that needs to be removed. Stuff like the br and strong in the <> should not be used.

Also there is a typo in the mount command. It is "squashfs". The printing above says "mount -t squasfh". I'm running through this now with AS, so if I find any other gotchas I'll let you know.

#2371 6 years ago

I guess I should have read the entire post... Once you get the .spk file out, Pinball Browser can't read it yet. So I guess this will have to wait until after the next update to the browser. Bummer (and I say bummer, but PB is an amazing thing, and so I say it will all the respect in the world).

#2372 6 years ago

Do you think you will look at being able to modify sounds in Spooky Pinball games? I'd love to redo some of the call outs/songs on Rob Zombie. I've mapped all the sounds currently for v19.

#2373 6 years ago

I thought you could do that right now? Aren't they just mp3 files in a folder on the sdcard? pinballbrowser is not needed for this.

Quoted from hAbO:

Do you think you will look at being able to modify sounds in Spooky Pinball games? I'd love to redo some of the call outs/songs on Rob Zombie. I've mapped all the sounds currently for v19.

#2374 6 years ago

Directly replacing the MP3's doesn't do anything. I've tried with/without formatting the SD card first with no luck even matching all MP3 attributes. Sounds come out distorted.

1 week later
#2375 6 years ago

I'm having a issue with my pinball browser on my mac.

Everything seems fine but when I try to import a new sound it doesn't seem to load it.

Any ideas?

#2376 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm having a issue with my pinball browser on my mac.
Everything seems fine but when I try to import a new sound it doesn't seem to load it.
Any ideas?

Are you using Crossover?

#2377 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Are you using Crossover?

Yes, using crossover. Everything seems to work but the importing of the new sound file.

#2378 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes, using crossover. Everything seems to work but the importing of the new sound file.

I've fired up PB in Crossover and cracked open game code to look at frames, etc., but never used it to import a sound. I fired up VMWare running Windows 7 for actual editing.

#2379 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I've fired up PB in Crossover and cracked open game code to look at frames, etc., but never used it to import a sound. I fired up VMWare running Windows 7 for actual editing.

So you think I need to download another app to import? I'm not familiar with VMware, is this free or shareware?

#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So you think I need to download another app to import? I'm not familiar with VMware, is this free or shareware?

http://www.vmware.com/

#2381 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Try to change the sound engine (in the 'Config' tab).

#2382 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Try to change the sound engine (in the 'Config' tab).

Sent you a pm, this helped but one minor issue.

#2383 6 years ago

Running the browser on my mac with crossover and am still having an issue importing the edited wav files into the browser.

Anyone run into this issue that can help me get this working?

#2384 6 years ago

anyone used this to extract the DMD animations to a MP4 or something?

#2385 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone used this to extract the DMD animations to a MP4 or something?

Oga told me that it is not possible anymore... I asume it has something to do with copyright

#2386 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Running the browser on my mac with crossover and am still having an issue importing the edited wav files into the browser.
Anyone run into this issue that can help me get this working?

Nobody has experienced this issue that can help me out?

#2387 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Oga told me that it is not possible anymore... I asume it has something to do with copyright

Pinball Browser has never been able to export animations as MP4

#2388 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser has never been able to export animations as MP4

You are of course right...

Sorry, i didn't explain correct:
Some time ago you could export the images and create animations from them.

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nobody has experienced this issue that can help me out?

You need to get VMWare and Windows 7.

Or do it on a friend's PC.

#2390 6 years ago

Any eta on the new version w sound exporting?

#2391 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

This is kind of a last resort option as our mac doesn't have Windows 7 on it.

I was under the impression that this was a settings issue as several have reported using the browser this way with success.

#2392 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

And a version that can open up the large Aerosmith files?

#2393 6 years ago

Get an older version of pinball browser 4.40 or earlier and you can export sounds.

Quoted from Rondogg:

#2394 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Quoted from DaveH:

And a version that can open up the large Aerosmith files?

I've been working hard on v6 but some points were more complicated than expected.
It should be ready in a couple of weeks.

#2395 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I've been working hard on v6 but some points were more complicated than expected.
It should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Your invention basically changed modding - take your time.

#2396 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Does VMware work in lieu of installing a program like boot camp to run windows?

#2397 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does VMware work in lieu of installing a program like boot camp to run windows?

Boot Camp is for dual-Booting. With Boot Camp, you're booting up the machine with Windows, and it is essentially a PC at that point.

VMWare let's you virtualize Windows. It runs Windows right along side the Mac OS.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but both require a copy of Windows.

Crossover is a reverse engineering of the Windows API. It lets you run many Windows programs WITHOUT needing Windows, but not everything magically works. However, it is the cheapest overall, since you don't need to buy a copy of Windows.

#2398 6 years ago

Im going to try and work on changing some songs on Metallica. I downloaded pinball browser on my macbook air.... When I try and open I get the error that it cant run a windows program...Looks like I need crossover? How do I get it?

#2399 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

... macbook air.... When I try and open I get the error that it cant run a windows program...Looks like I need crossover? How do I get it?

http://lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=crossover+for+mac

#2400 6 years ago

awesome thx for help..this is where I feel like an idiot...all those pops ups start and have no idea which of those links to click. Is there an easy free version or which to buy?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.