• 3,116 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by pekilica
  • Topic is favorited by 639 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 258 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy.gif
bandicam 2019-04-02 20-56-52-368 (resized).jpg
bandicam 2019-03-11 23-08-58-222 (resized).jpg
0x91D (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
0x91Da (resized).PNG
MET sparky splash logo (LED) (resized).jpg
ac-dc 0x6A7.jpg
Pinball Browser Not Showing BIN Files (resized).JPG
show hidden files (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
low pass (resized).jpg
original puppy (resized).png
GOT (resized).png
PBv660 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3116 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 63.
#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Nice job. Do you have close up images for everything? What do you make the dude on the stick from. I had Eddie figures to choose from. I don't imagine you did.

I should say first I pretty much followed exactly what you did for the lower playfield. Here's some close up pics. For the bash toy, I found a toy on eBay that looked like the alien on the playfield. Some of the other toys are stuff I had 3d printed. And of course I had to put in a Sparky display.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#2252 2 years ago

Hi all, I am trying to colourise acdc, i have a pin2dmd so i am colouring for rgb.
With the palette choice i have the following.
white
red
blue
green
cyan
orange
vga
smart dmd
is there any way to create my own so i can pick from the drop down list.

I have played with the smartdmd option but these do not come up on the display page.

Is there a tutorial on colouring sam roms.
any help appreciated.

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhunter:

Hi all, I am trying to colourise acdc, i have a pin2dmd so i am colouring for rgb.
white
red
blue
green
cyan
orange
vga
smart dmd
I have played with the smartdmd option but these do not come up on the display page.
any help appreciated.

You have to select smartDMD and then pick a Palette when editing a picture.
You can change the palette during edit with a CTRL-click on the palette color you want to change

#2254 2 years ago

ok cheers i have that worked out, I have decided to start my spiderman, i have been going through each scene eg.
spider man swinging through the buildings, i edit and change each scene to red, i get to green goblin and change each scene to green, when the crowd is cheering i change to grey, i have ran out of memory.
Not sure why this has happened ?

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhunter:

white
red
blue
green
cyan
orange
vga
smart dmd
any help appreciated.

There is a macro for smartdmd available which makes AC/DC fully colorized. So no need to do the work all over again. Is made by pinball mike d. Contact him to ask for the macro, run it with in-frame coloring enabled, flash the AC/DC firmware and enjoy.

See also

#2256 2 years ago

Sorry to ask a dumb-dumb question, but anyone know if Pinball Browser will work with Aerosmith? Interested in the pin, but that song listing needs some work.

#2257 2 years ago

Pinball browser 5.80 works with batman.
Cannot see LCD animations, but sounds and DMD animations work, and sounds

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That's unexpected. Guess Spike-2 isn't so different. But what do you mean by can't see LCD but can see DMD? DMD = the mini LCD on the wheel?

#2259 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's because a .spk file only contains elements to be upgraded.
If an animation has not been modified in a new firmware, it is not included in the .spk

I've been working for some weeks on a new version of Pinball Browser that can directly open a Spike SD card image.
This way, everything will be displayed

The new version should be released soon.

#2260 2 years ago

I'm curious. Are the animations stored as movie files or are they compressed images?

Quoted from oga83:

It's because a .spk file only contains elements to be upgraded.
If an animation has not been modified in a new firmware, it is not included in the .spk
I've been working for some weeks on a new version of Pinball Browser that can directly open a Spike SD card image.
This way, everything will be displayed
The new version should be released soon.

#2261 2 years ago

NM, i figured it out.

#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm curious. Are the animations stored as movie files or are they compressed images?

LCD animations are stored in movies files

#2263 2 years ago

Hi all.

So, I've been trying to change out the music for my buddy on his Metallica Premium. Tried a few weeks ago, replacing with music I DL'ed and converted to WAV format. Installed on his machine, no problem. But when game was played, the quality of the music was absolutely brutal (very low and crackly). So back to the drawing board I went.

My buddy bought the CD, I ripped the music to my computer and started again. Swapped out most songs, changed song titles thats it.

Went to his place last night to try and install, and got this "error 8" that others have mentioned in this thread already (yep, I did a search!). Having said this, after it failed to install the first time, I retried it. Once the pin was done "erasing" and it's to go into the install portion, this is when I got the error. I tried rebooting, pulling the USB etc etc. All to no avail. The pin would do nothing but stay in the UPDT USB screen. When I would back out of that, got some miscellaneous info on the DMD, but nothing I found to be overly informative. I should also mention, no lights on the PF would light up either.

Ended up re-installing the most current code from Stern.

Any tips and or suggestions, please and thanks!

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hi all.
I tried rebooting, pulling the USB etc etc. All to no avail. The pin would do nothing but stay in the UPDT USB screen.

I don't know why but your .bin file might have been corrupted.
Load a stock firmware and apply your changes by running your macros (that should have been autosaved).

#2265 2 years ago

Pinball Browser v5.90 is now ready
It took a while to implement this feature but you can now read Spike SD-cards (that contain everything) instead of .spk files (that only contain what's upgraded).
See "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" in the FAQ

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I should say first I pretty much followed exactly what you did for the lower playfield. Here's some close up pics. For the bash toy, I found a toy on eBay that looked like the alien on the playfield. Some of the other toys are stuff I had 3d printed. And of course I had to put in a Sparky display.

Sweet re-theme man

#2267 2 years ago

Is there anyway to play back the movies in the .spk or .img for batman 66?

Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v5.90 is now ready
It took a while to implement this feature but you can now read Spike SD-cards (that contain everything) instead of .spk files (that only contain what's upgraded).
See "How do I open a Spike firmware ?" in the FAQ

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is there anyway to play back the movies in the .spk or .img for batman 66?

Yes. It's currently being tested. It will be possible to play back the movies in both the .spk and .img files.
However, for now, it will not be possible to replace these videos.

It will also be possible to play/replace the lcd animations from Ghostbusters.

#2269 2 years ago

Getting ready to mess with some songs on KISS.
Quick question. if using Audacity do I still need to change the sample rate to 24000?

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes. It's currently being tested. It will be possible to play back the movies in both the .spk and .img files.
However, for now, it will not be possible to replace these videos.
It will also be possible to play/replace the lcd animations from Ghostbusters.

v5.95 is now ready
Thanks to Niles for his tests on Ghostbusters !

Batman :
batman (resized).png
Ghostbusters :
Ghostbusters (resized).png

#2271 2 years ago

That's some fine work oga!!!

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Quick question. if using Audacity do I still need to change the sample rate to 24000?

Anyone?

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

No, this is not necessary.
More informations in the "Sound" section of the FAQ

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

No, this is not necessary.
More informations in the "Sound" section of the FAQ

Thanks. Much appreciated.
I did look through the FAQ in sound but did not seem to find anything about Audacity and the 44100 vs the 24000 sample rate.
But it is nice to know now.

#2277 2 years ago

I can't thank Olivier enough for creating the Pinball Browser and sending me betas to help get Ghostbusters up and running. He is great asset for our community. He literally found the new format of the Ecto Goggles video and had an editor for it up in running over a weekend!

Just wanted to share a little bit about what I've done so far. I've replaced the cat from Ecto Goggles with Vigo. That seemed like the obvious one to pull, not being a ghost. In addition, the cat rarely shows up, so that way Vigo too can be a rare event. I pulled the cat sounds. Game now says "The Scourge of Carpathia" when Vigo shows up. When the opto is triggered, video of him getting blasted with appropriate sounds is displayed.

Also, I replaced the music track of Midnight Madness with the Higher and Higher song from the 2nd movie. Fits very nicely with Midnight Madness since the Ghostbusters had to stop Vigo by Midnight.

Not for everyone, but just examples of what you can do with Pinball Browser. Enjoy!

#2278 2 years ago

And the Midnight Madness changes.

#2279 2 years ago

Is it possible to add a startup sound with Pinball Browser similar to what you can do with Pinsound? For instance when I turn on my Ghostbusters pin and the game is loading can an sound effect or short 10 second sound clip be played before going into the game? I would love to have that short music at the beginning of the movie when they are showing the outside of the library play when you turn it on.

I would also like to replace the attract mode/end game music but I've been told it will also change the in game music because it's a shared audio file. Is that for sure the case?

#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Is it possible to add a startup sound with Pinball Browser similar to what you can do with Pinsound? For instance when I turn on my Ghostbusters pin and the game is loading can an sound effect or short 10 second sound clip be played before going into the game? I would love to have that short music at the beginning of the movie when they are showing the outside of the library play when you turn it on.
I would also like to replace the attract mode/end game music but I've been told it will also change the in game music because it's a shared audio file. Is that for sure the case?

That particular clip of the song is unique to the game being over. Just like the clip that plays when you enter your initials, or the instrumental version that plays during the game. All different.

The problem is, I can't find the end game music in Pinball Browser. I can find all the other clips.

I'm working with Olivier right now to try to find it. I'll report back.

#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That particular clip of the song is unique to the game being over. Just like the clip that plays when you enter your initials, or the instrumental version that plays during the game. All different.
The problem is, I can't find the end game music in Pinball Browser. I can find all the other clips.
I'm working with Olivier right now to try to find it. I'll report back.

Thank you very much.

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

On the recording I have, the clip starts with 2 notes (probably sound scripts 0x102 and 0x104)
and continues with sound script 0x5aa.
Sound script 0x5aa is repeated 3 times, the last one being faded out.

#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

On the recording I have, the clip starts with 2 notes (probably sound scripts 0x102 and 0x104)
and continues with sound script 0x5aa.
Sound script 0x5aa is repeated 3 times, the last one being faded out.

Thanks!

Scripts 0x102 and 0x104 are from the bonus being added up. That's my fault for not cutting it out of the recording I sent you.

I'm very surprised it was a loop. I never made it down below 20 seconds. I was convinced that was an actual section from the Ghostbusters song. Thanks for finding that.

It is disappointing. I don't think there is a good 12 second section of Bobby Brown's song that will loop and still sound decent.

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Thanks!
Scripts 0x102 and 0x104 are from the bonus being added up. That's my fault for not cutting it out of the recording I sent you.
I'm very surprised it was a loop. I never made it down below 20 seconds. I was convinced that was an actual section from the Ghostbusters song. Thanks for finding that.
It is disappointing. I don't think there is a good 12 second section of Bobby Brown's song that will loop and still sound decent.

I haven't looked at all the sound files yet. Are you saying there are no sound files that are at least 1 minute of length?

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Just wanted to share a little bit about what I've done so far. I've replaced the cat from Ecto Goggles with Vigo. That seemed like the obvious one to pull, not being a ghost. In addition, the cat rarely shows up, so that way Vigo too can be a rare event. I pulled the cat sounds. Game now says "The Scourge of Carpathia" when Vigo shows up. When the opto is triggered, video of him getting blasted with appropriate sounds is displayed.

Sinestro, this is really damn cool. I used the Pinball-Browser to change out all the songs on my AC/DC, but what you've done is awesome. Can you share the details on how you replaced the cat video? Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Olivier has hit it out of the park with this latest update.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven't looked at all the sound files yet. Are you saying there are no sound files that are at least 1 minute of length?

There are a few, but they may not be in the part of the game that you're wanting.

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Sinestro, this is really damn cool. I used the Pinball-Browser to change out all the songs on my AC/DC, but what you've done is awesome. Can you share the details on how you replaced the cat video? Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Olivier has hit it out of the park with this latest update.

Sure! All of the images in the Ecto Goggles are all contained in one video file. For the creatures, there are a few frames of movement (which the game loops) and a few frames of them being vanquished (when you hit them with the pinball). The cat is stationary, but it's few frames are a glowing effect around it, and then a few frames of it running away when the ball hits it.

I grabbed the video of Vigo from You Tube. I own this movie on Blu-Ray, so I had no qualms about that. Clipped a couple of seconds of Vigo's head in the painting. Cropped the widescreen video to 4:3. Did the same thing with him getting blasted by the proton packs for when the ball hits him. Olivier's interface for the video let's you pin start and stop points for the video you are importing. I would guess that it re-encodes the entire video with you new clip. Find the frame that the cat appears, and the last frame before he runs. Then you have to do it again for the 2nd video clip (Vigo getting blasted). Find where the cat starts to run and the last frame of the cat running away.

Used the audio of him getting blasted from that same clip. For the head, I used audio of him saying "The Scourge of Carpathia" Find the cat's two sound clips (for appearing in the goggles and then running away) and replace. They need to be similar lengths. "Scourge of Carpathia" fits perfectly time-wise, and announces he's appeared in the goggles. The cat running away sound is about 1.5 seconds, so your Vigo getting blasted sound should be the same.

#2288 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing Sinestro! I hope I can help you out sometime.

#2289 2 years ago

Let's say you want to add an additional song into the machine that would play in place of another. Is there a way to find adequate space in memory, load a song at that location. Then patch the address of the new song.

For example, KISS uses the same song for two different multiballs and it would be awesome to play a unique song for one or the other . Seems theoretically possible to load a different song by patching the call from the original song's address to the new place in memory.

#2290 2 years ago

I Finally found a spot for Bobby Brown's "On Our Own".
Chose the PKE mode, as it was neutral and not scene specific to the first movie.

#2291 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I Finally found a spot for Bobby Brown's "On Our Own".
Chose the PKE mode, as it was neutral and not scene specific to the first movie.
ยป YouTube video

Nice job!

How long of a clip is it?

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nice job!
How long of a clip is it?

24.5 seconds

#2293 2 years ago

Can pinball browser be used to change the sound effect of a spinner or target strike?

#2294 2 years ago

There is also a cli inside stern SPIKE machines. To support SPIKE in MPF we investigated the inner workings and found the cli by accident. I guess it is similar to the one in SAM. If you are interested to add support to pinball browser for the SPIKE cli we would be willing to help. It can change all settings, test coils, dump the status of the node boards, run audits and some more statistics stuff.

Jan

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can pinball browser be used to change the sound effect of a spinner or target strike?

Yes.

#2296 2 years ago

I'm using that cli to pull out mode status and change the color of my room lights as I challenge houses in GoT:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120470234?t=2636s

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from jabdoa:

There is also a cli inside stern SPIKE machines. To support SPIKE in MPF we investigated the inner workings and found the cli by accident. I guess it is similar to the one in SAM. If you are interested to add support to pinball browser for the SPIKE cli we would be willing to help. It can change all settings, test coils, dump the status of the node boards, run audits and some more statistics stuff.
Jan

The cli in sam games is more limited than the one in Spike.
It has been removed from the latest firmware versions and I'm afraid it will be the same for Spike.

#2298 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The cli in sam games is more limited than the one in Spike.
It has been removed from the latest firmware versions and I'm afraid it will be the same for Spike.

How removed? Did they strip it from the binary or is it just no longer running on /dev/ttyS0? Should be easy to write a replacement binary. Cross compiling for SPIKE is easy.

Jan

#2299 2 years ago

Can you please provide your toolchain info for SPIKE cross-compiling?

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

I'm using that cli to pull out mode status and change the color of my room lights as I challenge houses in GoT:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120470234?t=2636s

Looks great! Do these events get written to the serial port, or do you have some custom code running on the CPU board to intercept and forward?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 110.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pin Mods
$ 14.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
6,066 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 3116 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 63.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside