5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 112.
#2101 7 years ago

I just replaced all the songs in Kiss 1.28 with live versions and a couple of different songs. Seems that some of the songs (even with the original songs) don't play in their entirety but have loop points. Case in point, Hotter Than Hell is a 3+ minute song but it loops back to the beginning at around 2:16. I verified this in the original by letting it play through with the ball in the shooter lane. Any chance of finding where those loop points are and modifying them?

#2102 7 years ago

I've also noticed that if you set start time to skip for example the first 30 sec of a song, that 30 sec still counts towards the overall song length. PB just skips that 30 sec during playback. It would be nice to adjust the factory loop points. But still PB is the best mod in pinball!!

#2103 7 years ago
Quoted from andypuk:

Would be great if we can somehow change the sounds in Elvis....as i've just got one!

should be possible with pin sound,soon

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

should be possible with pin sound,soon

That would be great - any idea how soon?

#2105 7 years ago

I think the problems with pinsound might be similar. You're still limited by the requests the software makes right? If a request is 30 seconds then you only have a 30 second block of a sound to add before another overlapping sound is played. My issue with Elvis and the track that was repeating sounds like it would do the same in pinsound as the CPU makes multiple requests for the same sound

#2106 7 years ago

Does anybody know how the license system works ?

I made a donation but still have restrictions within the program.

#2107 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Does anybody know how the license system works ?
I made a donation but still have restrictions within the program.

All sorted now. Thanks Olivier.
Might I suggest that once the program has been unlocked that the donation and register link disappears.

#2108 7 years ago

I've changed out a bunch of songs on the met-pro. Other than going back to the stock rom version, is there a way to bring back a individual Metallica song to original size and location?

I love the browser, lots of fun changing up the voice call outs and songs.

#2109 7 years ago

every time you change a BIN a macro file is created ... easiest way to go back in time is to run the macro on the stock rom and delete the entry you want to change back. you can modify the macro in notepad or within the browser.

#2110 7 years ago

Interesting problem here, modifying GOT. I recorded a few of The Hound's callouts, using Audacity and loopback recording (WASAP). They sound perfectly normal in Windows and in the import preview, but when I import them over an existing callout they're sped up about 500% - it sounds like The Chipmunks. I haven't tried flashing the game with the new code so I don't know whether it's just a problem with the playback in Pinball Browser. Will report back soon.

The Hound saying "For f*&k's sake!!!" has to be one of the best Tilt sounds ever recorded. Not as good sped up

#2111 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

when I import them over an existing callout they're sped up about 500%

Does it happen for all sound-requests or only for a specific one ?

#2112 7 years ago

I've tried 3 or 4 different ones with the same result. I'll try flashing the game to see if it's normal there.

#2113 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You'll have better result with 24000 Hz sample rate because I don't resample (Audacity does it better than I ever would). Otherwise, the speed and pitch will be wrong.

Ah, this is my problem. I probably used the wrong sample rate when I recorded. Off to do some conversion...

#2114 7 years ago

OK, I see the problem now. The sound scripts from 0x09-0x19 are clearly labeled "Undersampled: 2x". I guess I'd need to do some preprocessing to modify sounds in this range.

EDIT: Ugh, I'm having the same problem modifying other sounds (e.g. 0x3FB, "Amazing"). I've tried both 24k and 44.1k versions.

EDIT 2: I can modify sounds marked "Stereo" with no problem. So maybe I need to convert the others to mono...

EDIT 3: no, Mono didn't help.

#2115 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

I've changed out a bunch of songs on the met-pro. Other than going back to the stock rom version, is there a way to bring back a individual Metallica song to original size and location?

The easiest way is to use an earlier version of PB that allowed exporting. Then load the stock rom and export that one song. Then load your modified rom and import the original song back in. Modify the song messages if necessary.

#2116 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Interesting problem here, modifying GOT. I recorded a few of The Hound's callouts, using Audacity and loopback recording (WASAP). They sound perfectly normal in Windows and in the import preview, but when I import them over an existing callout they're sped up about 500% - it sounds like The Chipmunks. I haven't tried flashing the game with the new code so I don't know whether it's just a problem with the playback in Pinball Browser. Will report back soon.
The Hound saying "For f*&k's sake!!!" has to be one of the best Tilt sounds ever recorded. Not as good sped up

This is easy to fix.
1. Export the sound clip with an earlier version of PB or Use whatever sound capture software you're comfortable with
2. With Audacity use the "change tempo" modification. This will keep the pitch the same. Double the time of your "chipmunk " clip. The result will be exactly what you want and expect.
3. The clip was also down sampled. Try decreasing 1 to 3 do and then boosting the sound with the "compressor" mod. You'll need to experiment a bit.

#2117 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

This is easy to fix.
1. Export the sound clip with an earlier version of PB or Use whatever sound capture software you're comfortable with
2. With Audacity use the "change tempo" modification. This will keep the pitch the same. Double the time of your "chipmunk " clip. The result will be exactly what you want and expect.
3. The clip was also down sampled. Try decreasing 1 to 3 do and then boosting the sound with the "compressor" mod. You'll need to experiment a bit.

Unfortunately- there is no pbb version that both supports Spike AND provides exporting. Exporting died before Spike compatibility.

#2118 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Unfortunately- there is no pbb version that both supports Spike AND provides exporting. Exporting died before Spike compatibility.

True, but easy to work around with Audacity and Windows loop back recording. Then export selections from that recording - tedious, but workable.

#2119 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ah, this is my problem. I probably used the wrong sample rate when I recorded. Off to do some conversion...

No, Pinball Browser does all the conversions for you.

Quoted from oga83:

You'll have better result with 24000 Hz sample rate because I don't resample (Audacity does it better than I ever would). Otherwise, the speed and pitch will be wrong.

This post is for a very old version. It's no longer true.

#2120 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

This is easy to fix.

This is definitely not the way to go !
It the pitch is different after you import a sound file, there is probably something in PB that needs to be fixed.
It can be either a firmware modification in a new version (new sound format), or a bug in PB.

#2121 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

OK, I see the problem now. The sound scripts from 0x09-0x19 are clearly labeled "Undersampled: 2x". I guess I'd need to do some preprocessing to modify sounds in this range.
EDIT: Ugh, I'm having the same problem modifying other sounds (e.g. 0x3FB, "Amazing"). I've tried both 24k and 44.1k versions.
EDIT 2: I can modify sounds marked "Stereo" with no problem. So maybe I need to convert the others to mono...
EDIT 3: no, Mono didn't help.

BTW, which Pinball Browser version are you using ?
There was a fix for this in v5.10 because GOT had introduced a new sound format.
Make sure you are using the latest one (v5.76).

[EDIT]I was able to reproduce this with GOT 1.29
I'll try to find out where is the issue

#2123 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

another awesome pinball browser enabled tweak:
here's my Avengers effort-
This isn't a complete overhaul (like TWD for example) but it has some nice tweaks vs bone stock. The main thing I wanted to do was replace the awful old style sounding bicycle bell for when you hit the iron man orbit...I left all the music as is.
shout out to Cleland for providing me the sound files to both Avengers and the Ultron sequel movies.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EEqBkX-uPMVWFuMGRKZ2lBZ2M/view?usp=sharing

There's no preview available.

#2124 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

another awesome pinball browser enabled tweak:
This isn't a complete overhaul (like TWD for example) but it has some nice tweaks vs bone stock. The main thing I wanted to do was replace the awful old style sounding bicycle bell for when you hit the iron man orbit...I left all the music as is.
shout out to Cleland for providing me the sound files to both Avengers and the Ultron sequel movies.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EEqBkX-uPMVWFuMGRKZ2lBZ2M/view?usp=sharing

but also the palette file is needed, because when I open it with pinballbrowser, the last pallet is loaded I use and all colors change as you coloring.

I do not have this machine, but I want to see your way to work and pallets for world poker tour

#2125 7 years ago
Quoted from the_barto:

but also the palette file is needed, because when I open it with pinballbrowser, the last pallet is loaded I use and all colors change as you coloring.
I do not have this machine, but I want to see your way to work and pallets for world poker tour

you've confused me. I didn't touch the palette or images. I only replaced sound files. Also, preview is not necessary. it's a pinball rom. save it to an empty formatted USB stick, place into avengers machine, flip dip switch 8 in the backbox to on then turn on machine and follow simple prompts.

#2126 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Please do not share modified binaries. This is the best way to upset IP owners and have them break the compatibility of future games /firmwares with Pinball Browser.
Macros are meant for this !

#2127 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

que me has confundido. No toqué la paleta o las imágenes. Sólo sustituye los archivos de sonido. También, vista previa no es necesaria. se trata de una ROM de pinball. guardarlo en una memoria USB formateado vacío, colocar en la máquina vengadores, mueva el interruptor DIP 8 en la caja posterior para el vuelva a encender la máquina y seguir instrucciones simples.

I understood that was modified forgive colors, excuse me

#2128 7 years ago

Hmm Question
Will this open Gilligans Island sounds?
Has anyone done this.

#2129 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

BTW, which Pinball Browser version are you using ?
There was a fix for this in v5.10 because GOT had introduced a new sound format.
Make sure you are using the latest one (v5.76).
[EDIT]I was able to reproduce this with GOT 1.29
I'll try to find out where is the issue

I have 5.76. Any luck figuring out the problem?

Thanks! - John

#2130 7 years ago

Anything like pinball browser to modify jjp pins?

#2131 7 years ago

Just cracked open the new 1.05 Ghostbusters Premium/LE code.

I didn't see a way to view the LCD images used in the "Ecto Googles".

At first glance, it would seem obvious that this needs to be specially coded for in a newer version of Pinball Browser, but then I thought that this was already supported with WWE LE's LCD video.

#2132 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Just cracked open the new 1.05 Ghostbusters Premium/LE code.
I didn't see a way to view the LCD images used in the "Ecto Googles".
At first glance, it would seem obvious that this needs to be specially coded for in a newer version of Pinball Browser, but then I thought that this was already supported with WWE LE's LCD video.

On older games, a firmware file would contain everything. With Spike, the .spk file only contains what has changed.
This update does not contain any LCD images : that's why you can't see them with Pinball Browser (the Video tab is not displayed).
The "File" tab in Pinball Browser shows you what's included in the .spk file.

#2133 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

On older games, a firmware file would contain everything. With Spike, the .spk file only contains what has changed.
This update does not contain any LCD images : that's why you can't see them with Pinball Browser (the Video tab is not displayed).
The "File" tab in Pinball Browser shows you what's included in the .spk file.

But 1.05 is the initial software download for the Premium and LE. How does it not contain the LCD images?

#2134 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

But 1.05 is the initial software download for the Premium and LE. How does it not contain the LCD images?

The LCD images are installed before the game leaves the factory. The .spk does not contain them because they have not been modified since then.
Are there any functions in the service menu to save the firmware on a USB stick (as in Sam when the dip switch 8 is on) ?

#2135 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The LCD images are installed before the game leaves the factory. The .spk does not contain them because they have not been modified since then.
Are there any functions in the service menu to save the firmware on a USB stick (as in Sam when the dip switch 8 is on) ?

So there's no way to do a "Clean Install" with these delta downloads? Interesting...

I don't know about the service menu....haven't received my Premium yet.

#2136 7 years ago

Spike games have an sdcard. You can always image that card to get the whole firmware and OS. There was an analysis of the card showing which partition contained the game data.

#2137 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You can extract a rom from a machine by setting dip switch 8 on and searching thru menu's?

#2138 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Spike games have an sdcard. You can always image that card to get the whole firmware and OS. There was an analysis of the card showing which partition contained the game data.

Yes. The videos should be in /ghostbusters_le/video/*.spv on the 4th partition (the biggest one).
I first tried to work with the SD card but there were some issues. Modifying with the .spk is more complicated but does not prevent the game from being later upgraded.

#2139 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You can extract a rom from a machine by setting dip switch 8 on and searching thru menu's?

Yes: Service Menu / Util / Usb / Backup
In fact, dip switch #8 has to be off

#2140 7 years ago

For the last three years, I've been using an older version for MET. I played around with many song changes, sound effects, and sound changes. I now have a KISS, and so I upgraded to the current version (5.76). Donation, license code, etc.

Here are the problems I'm having:

I can't play/preview the sounds. I get the error message in the screenshot pictured below. Also, when I try to import a song, I get a message that it can't determine the duration. What steps am I missing?

Pinball_Browser_Error_(resized).jpgPinball_Browser_Error_(resized).jpg

#2141 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I can't play/preview the sounds. I get the error message in the screenshot pictured below. Also, when I try to import a song, I get a message that it can't determine the duration.

This can happen on old Windows versions (like XP) that don't support the "Media Foundation" sound engine.
Try to change the sound engine : Config tab / Sound Engine list.

More infos on sound engines can be found in the FAQ (What are the different sound engines ?)

#2142 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This can happen on old Windows versions (like XP) that don't support the "Media Foundation" sound engine.
Try to change the sound engine : Config tab / Sound Engine list.
More infos on sound engines can be found in the FAQ (What are the different sound engines ?)

Thanks Olivier! That worked. I'm using Vista.

1 week later
#2143 7 years ago

good morning, I have a problem and do not know what I'm doing wrong. I try to explain what happens to me.

I have a wpt, I've put a dmd led rgb, I've created a palette file, smartdmd, will charge the firm and coloring each sequenced with the desired palette.
apart from selecting the palette well, I change the color fields of the sequence.

when I finish I keep firm, I put it in a flash drive and update my machine sam.
I also put my color palette in the dmd as indicated by the manufacturer.

While the result is not desired, the scenes do not have the color that I have given them even a scene out of different colors each time.

someone knows I'm doing wrong ?, I'm skipping some way?

not if you do something wrong with frames or modify after the firm must be compiled again before putting it in the machine.

hardware environment and software used:

dmd ST32 rgb led pinballsp
pin2dmd v2
pinballbrowser latest version.

do not know if this is the problem but if I open again in pinballbrowser firm and open an already modified sequence, selection palette appears none, not what I assigned, but if I see the color that apply

I feel my English but I'm using a translator
greetings and thanks

#2144 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm using Vista.

Your pinball machine is nine years newer than your computer's operating system. What an incredible time to be alive!

#2145 7 years ago

some explanatory videos problem

#2146 7 years ago
Quoted from the_barto:

I open again in pinballbrowser firm and open an already modified sequence, selection palette appears none, not what I assigned, but if I see the color that apply

You should see the palette that you have previously selected. If not, your modified firmware has not been saved correctly and the colors you see are probably the ones from the default palette.

#2147 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

You should see the palette that you have previously selected. If not, your modified firmware has not been saved correctly and the colors you see are probably the ones from the default palette.

I have Corrigo the pallets unassigned.

I have detected a fault that is not that happens when I open a picture and assign a palette in the upper left me appear four black dots that can not change, these points are when I put the firm on the machine.

any solution?

regards

error1_(resized).jpgerror1_(resized).jpg

error2_(resized).jpgerror2_(resized).jpg

error3_(resized).jpgerror3_(resized).jpg

#2148 7 years ago
Quoted from the_barto:

I have Corrigo the pallets unassigned.
I have detected a fault that is not that happens when I open a picture and assign a palette in the upper left me appear four black dots that can not change, these points are when I put the firm on the machine.
any solution?

See question "What are In-Frame or Side-Channel palettes ?" in the FAQ
This effect should be minimized on the game. Using side-channel palettes will fix this effect.

Also, be aware that, in your example, you are assigning a palette to a "sprite" frame that will be displayed on top of a background. The background palette will always take precedence over the sprite palette (Pinball Browser has probably displayed a warning message when you have selected your palette).

#2149 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

See question "What are In-Frame or Side-Channel palettes ?" in the FAQ
This effect should be minimized on the game. Using side-channel palettes will fix this effect.
Also, be aware that, in your example, you are assigning a palette to a "sprite" frame that will be displayed on top of a background. The background palette will always take precedence over the sprite palette (Pinball Browser has probably displayed a warning message when you have selected your palette).

I think the side-chanel option can not be done with my software, I use dmd led rgb cable that works with direct data from the plate sam.

I'll look like I can minimize this

Thank you

#2150 7 years ago
Quoted from the_barto:

I think the side-chanel option can not be done with my software, I use dmd led rgb cable that works with direct data from the plate sam.
I'll look like I can minimize this
Thank you

If you are stating here you are using a pin2dmd rgb led display you are correct, no side channel possible. Side channel only works with total smartdmd solution with raspberry pi

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/43?hl=the_barto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.