By oga83

4 years ago

Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 423 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 569 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 208 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TOMJONES (resized).jpg
ACDC Juke Template (resized).jpg
repo (resized).png
36150 (resized).png
Titans-Return-Soundwave-040 (resized).jpg
highscores (resized).jpg
IMAG0520 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170421-180051 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.51.50 PM (resized).png
Ghostbusters (resized).png
batman (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 2467 posts in topic. You are on page 40 of 50.
#1951 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Having trouble guys . Despite adjusting the song length to the exact song request length size and I even tried smaller length, pinball browser does not want to let me import??? It is letting me replace smaller requests, but not the main track?? Any thoughts?

This is a limitation of the free version : you can only import sounds that are shorter than 10 seconds.
Sorry, the message does not sound clear... I'll change it message in a future version.

#1952 1 year ago

It's christmas : Pinball Browser v5.50 for Whitestar owners has been released
With this version, you can play and modify the sounds of Whitestar games : just open the .U7 file.

It was a big challenge as the sound requests and scripts are far more complicated than in a Sam or Spike game.

Some repetitive midi-like musics use loops and branches (to save eprom space).
As Pinball Browser only renders one loop, these musics might sound different than the game .

This version is still in test. Let me know if you find any issue.

pb550_(resized).png

#1953 1 year ago

Does this work with Sega and Stern Whitestar?

#1954 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

Does this work with Sega and Stern Whitestar?

I know it works on T3, A13, LOTR, LIS, TSPP and probably many others.

Basically, if the game has the same 6809-cpu/sound board than T3, it will work.
It might not work on Atmel cpu/sound boards.

Which game are you thinking of ?

#1955 1 year ago

DL link broken for me. Don't think it's my problem, but thought I'd mention it.

#1956 1 year ago

No game in particular, I just assumed the hardware was the same.

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

It's christmas : Pinball Browser v5.50 for Whitestar owners has been released
With this version, you can play and modify the sounds of Whitestar games : just open the .U7 file.
It was a big challenge as the sound requests and scripts are far more complicated than in a Sam or Spike game.
Some repetitive midi-like musics use loops and branches (to save eprom space).
As Pinball Browser only renders one loop, these musics might sound different than the game .
This version is still in test. Let me know if you find any issue.
pb550_(resized).png

Awesome!!! Thank you Oliver! You are one of the best things to happen to pinball!

#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from dgoett:

DL link broken for me. Don't think it's my problem, but thought I'd mention it.

Clear your browser cache and please try again.
The latest version is always here : http://tiny.cc/pinballbrowser

#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

No game in particular, I just assumed the hardware was the same.

There is also an option for SmartDmd in this version that is based on your feedback : the HDMI signal can now be switched off when the game is off (instead of displaying "No Signal")

hdmioption_(resized).png

#1960 1 year ago

Wow, whitestar in pinball browser very cool! Is there any way to display the DMD frames or is it just sounds for now?
Thanks!

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is there any way to display the DMD frames or is it just sounds for now?

Just the sounds in this version. I'm still working on the DMD frames.

#1962 1 year ago

I can not open the file LOTR U7

#1963 1 year ago

I proposed to my girlfriend last week and, with the help of Pinball Browser, modified the Radio screen on AC/DC Pro to display my proposal. Thanks for being awesome, Olivier! You helped make my engagement that much more special!

IMG_20151224_160919_(resized).jpg

#1964 1 year ago

That's awesome! Congrats!

#1965 1 year ago

Lord of the Rings doesn't work. Doesn't see the ROM files in the browser.

#1966 1 year ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Lord of the Rings doesn't work. Doesn't see the ROM files in the browser.

You have to rename the cpu/sound file so that its extension is ".u7"...
But it still doesn't work. I'll check why later.

#1967 1 year ago

Hi all. Just donated to the cause and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and a proud owner of a NIB Transformers Decpeticon LE. Got a heck of a deal on it and after almost 100 plays I don't see the lack of love for this Gomez design. I LOVE IT and the theme! Thanks everyone for making my purchase that much less expensive!

I will be changing up some of the lame voice calls that were not done by Petter Cullen and adding some of the real music from both the G1 movie and Bay poo.

Thanks Olivier and I look forward to making new friends!

#1968 1 year ago

Great news for whitestar owners. My questions for Oga83. The whitestar rom sets for sound has 4 voice roms U17, U21, U36 and U37, plus one cpu sound rom U7. Once a person has customised the sound would they then need to burn all 5 roms? And lastly, Elvis.U7 presents unknown firmware on pinball browser v5.50

#1969 1 year ago

I wonder how replacing Elvis midimusic with real music would work, if there are "music loops" that are being used on the roms? I would like to hear the results - if the outcome is really nice, I might have to put Elvis on my to-get -list

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I wonder how replacing Elvis midimusic with real music would work, if there are "music loops" that are being used on the roms? I would like to hear the results - if the outcome is really nice, I might have to put Elvis on my to-get -list

Well, worst case scenario I can still add extra Elvis quotes so pinball browser rules. Stern used 7 songs in total, due to licensing issues it only has the first few verses of each song. That and the limitation of the rom size. I had a look at the tracks with vpinmame and looks like it's possible with lengthy tracks. The only other sound board option is about $500+ Once landed in NZ, the land that time forgot....so it's worth a go.

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from Grg:

The whitestar rom sets for sound has 4 voice roms U17, U21, U36 and U37, plus one cpu sound rom U7. Once a person has customised the sound would they then need to burn all 5 roms?

In fact, it depends on what sound you modify.
When you save your modified firmware, Pinball Browser will tell you which roms need to be burnt (red area below) :

Quoted from Grg:

And lastly, Elvis.U7 presents unknown firmware on pinball browser v5.50

Is it a 6809-cpu/sound board like T3 ?
PB will not work (yet !) for Atmel-cpu/sound boards.

pb550b_(resized).png

#1972 1 year ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Hi all. Just donated to the cause and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and a proud owner of a NIB Transformers Decpeticon LE. Got a heck of a deal on it and after almost 100 plays I don't see the lack of love for this Gomez design. I LOVE IT and the theme! Thanks everyone for making my purchase that much less expensive!
I will be changing up some of the lame voice calls that were not done by Petter Cullen and adding some of the real music from both the G1 movie and Bay poo.
Thanks Olivier and I look forward to making new friends!

your username is strange, pork, but we won't hold it against you. congrats on the purchase. I agree, I think TF is way solid, sounds like it'll be even bette me once you pinbrowse it!

#1973 1 year ago

Just jumping into this for the first time. Pinball Browser seems to have found Metallica premium macros which is great, but it is missing the "extra ball" line. Does anyone know where its located? I started going through the files, but I fear losing my mind. Thanks!

#1974 1 year ago

I'm curious have custom code in my AcDc, but now don't see any audits at all. Is that normal?

#1975 1 year ago

Has anyone tried this on Playboy yet? I thought it would be funny to alter some of the sounds, but I am struggling with the rom files. I downloaded the rom and tried to load into the browser, but the files download as .bin extensions. The would only load if I changed them to .u7, .u36, etc. I then was able to get them to load, but the playback was in slow motion. Plus, I don't know if changing the file names would mess anything up when I save the modified file and burn a new rom. thoughts?

great product. Donated today. I am also going to be using it to re-theme a rolling stones machine into a a different band.

thanks

tony

#1976 1 year ago

I am getting ready to re-theme a Rolling Stones machine into a theme of my friends' band (No Doubt.) I've been playing with PB, and it seems super easy to do. I've imported songs, etc. But there is a few hours of work to go through and identify which sound/display effects are specific to the Rolling Stones. For example, there is a line that says "here comes mick" I will need to record a soundbite that says "here comes gwen."

Since I am a little overwhelmed with my homebuilding business now, I am looking to hire someone to help me with this. It would basically be replacing some of the RS specific DMD images and sounds with No Doubt images and sounds. The generic ones such as applause etc won't change.

So..if anybody is interested in getting hired to help me on this, shoot me a message! Thanks in advance.

tony c

#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

PB will not work (yet !) for Atmel-cpu/sound boards.

Confirmed that it doesn't work with NASCAR either. So are the Atmel ones Elvis, NASCAR, Ripley's and Sopranos?

#1978 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

You have to rename the cpu/sound file so that its extension is ".u7"...
But it still doesn't work. I'll check why later.

something new ??

#1979 1 year ago

Question....I am trying to change some songs on my Kiss LE and hope thought I did everything right but when I put in my USB stick to update the game, I go to the menu and tell it to update and it does nothing......Am I missing something or did I do something wrong?

#1980 1 year ago

Nevermind.....operator error on the update. It worked it so all is good. Pinball Browser is AWESOME!!!

Thanks!!!

#1981 1 year ago

Trying to make donation for a license, can't get it to open a tab for donation. I select donation and it doesn't do anything. Any suggestions?

#1982 1 year ago

Never mind, got it to work and rec'd license this morning, ready to go!

#1983 1 year ago

Does anyone know a way to add more letters to the song titles? I'm swapping a song out on KISS and I'm one lousy letter short in the song title. Thanks.

#1984 1 year ago

I am interested in donating to get the full version and I do have a few quesitons.

1. I want to change some songs in ACDC Prem. I remember looking before and there were several files that contained different lengths of the song. Is this normal and do I have to change all of them? Do I need to trim the mp3 files to the exact time or does the app do that for me?

2. Is it safe to save the file as non CRC in order to keep the existing high scores or can I brick my game? I don't want to brick anything. Firmwares always scare me. Just saying.

#1985 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Does anyone know a way to add more letters to the song titles? I'm swapping a song out on KISS

This is not possible on Spike games. Depending on the string, you can only add between 0 and 3 letters.

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from Edster:

I want to change some songs in ACDC Prem. I remember looking before and there were several files that contained different lengths of the song. Is this normal and do I have to change all of them?

No, generally you only have to replace the longest one. See "sound requests", and "sound script" in the faq.

Quoted from Edster:

Do I need to trim the mp3 files to the exact time or does the app do that for me?

Pinball Browser can't modify the length of a sound in the game. If your new sound is too long, Pinball Browser will cut it; if it's too short, Pinball Browser will add a blank. You can select the starting position of a sound to import with the embedded editor.

Quoted from Edster:

Is it safe to save the file as non CRC in order to keep the existing high scores or can I brick my game?

With the latest versions, the CRC is always recalculated (this was needed for some functions to work correctly).
Use the communication patch or modify the factory values with your scores.
I've never seen anyone brick his game with Pinball Browser.

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

No, generally you only have to replace the longest one. See "sound requests", and "sound script" in the faq.

Pinball Browser can't modify the length of a sound in the game. If your new sound is too long, Pinball Browser will cut it; if it's too short, Pinball Browser will add a blank. You can select the starting position of a sound to import with the embedded editor.

With the latest versions, the CRC is always recalculated (this was needed for some functions to work correctly).
Use the communication patch or modify the factory values with your scores.
I've never seen anyone brick his game with Pinball Browser.

Thanks for the info oga83. Ready to play around with this on the weekend.
cheers

#1988 1 year ago

Oga, just tried loading new Avengers 1.70 code and the speech plays super fast like The Chipmunks. Is that a sample rate thing in the program?

EDIT: Hang tight I realized I am not at the newest and running 5.01

EDIT: I downloaded 5.5 and it's still sped up. Also, can I use my 5.01 code or do I need to donate again?

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

just tried loading new Avengers 1.70 code and the speech plays super fast like The Chipmunks. Is that a sample rate thing in the program?

I can't tell without investigating.
Was it working in previous firmwares ?
[EDIT]Are these sound-scripts all marked as "Undersampled 2x" ?

Quoted from cleland:

I downloaded 5.5 and it's still sped up. Also, can I use my 5.01 code or do I need to donate again

The code is the same and you can use it on v5.50.

#1990 1 year ago

Any chance DE games like Tommy/LP will become readable under PB?

#1991 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

Are these sound-scripts all marked as "Undersampled 2x" ?

Yes - I believe they are...

#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

I can't tell without investigating.
Was it working in previous firmwares ?
[EDIT]Are these sound-scripts all marked as "Undersampled 2x" ?

Yes, just this new version of Avengers is sped up. They are marked as undersampled 2x but it said that in the last version 1.4 and they played back at the proper speed.

#1993 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

just tried loading new Avengers 1.70 code and the speech plays super fast like The Chipmunks. Is that a sample rate thing in the program?

These sounds are encoded in a format that was never undersampled in previous firmwares.
I have uploaded v5.51 to fix this.

#1994 1 year ago

Thanks Oga, that fixed it! You are the master

1 week later
#1995 1 year ago

Has this always been restricted to song less than 10 seconds if not registered? I made a rom before with long songs, so wondering if I registered it and just used a different machine or if this used to not be a restriction ? I don't mind paying, just making sure

#1996 1 year ago

LOTR rom sound, still not work

#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Has this always been restricted to song less than 10 seconds if not registered? I made a rom before with long songs, so wondering if I registered it and just used a different machine or if this used to not be a restriction ? I don't mind paying, just making sure

Can tell you from experience that the licensecode is linked to the PC

#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can tell you from experience that the licensecode is linked to the PC

No...I just don't recall if I registered or not..if I did since I only used it once would like to use it again Im thinking I didn't and he added the requirement.

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

I am getting ready to re-theme a Rolling Stones machine into a theme of my friends' band (No Doubt.) I've been playing with PB, and it seems super easy to do. I've imported songs, etc. But there is a few hours of work to go through and identify which sound/display effects are specific to the Rolling Stones. For example, there is a line that says "here comes mick" I will need to record a soundbite that says "here comes gwen."
Since I am a little overwhelmed with my homebuilding business now, I am looking to hire someone to help me with this. It would basically be replacing some of the RS specific DMD images and sounds with No Doubt images and sounds. The generic ones such as applause etc won't change.
So..if anybody is interested in getting hired to help me on this, shoot me a message! Thanks in advance.
tony c

I'm retheming a Rolling Stones to an iron maiden. There are a few audio tracks that will need to be rerecorded. 18 audio tracks that mostly get randomly selected. The back of the playfield is really generic. It's a good game for a retheme. Here is my first attempt at an overlay.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm retheming a Rolling Stones to an iron maiden. There are a few audio tracks that will need to be rerecorded. 18 audio tracks that mostly get randomly selected. The back of the playfield is really generic. It's a good game for a retheme. Here is my first attempt at an overlay.
image_(resized).jpeg

That is awesome, it looks outstanding.

If this is the first attempt I can't wait to see your 2nd or 3rd.

With the recent artwork release of rob zombie and alien, compared to this! Iron Maiden artwork is far, far, far superior.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 1,089.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinbology
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Toppers
liorillusion
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 380.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2467 posts in topic. You are on page 40 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.