By oga83

4 years ago

Stats

• 2,475 posts
  • 424 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 570 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sw089 (resized).png
TOMJONES (resized).jpg
ACDC Juke Template (resized).jpg
repo (resized).png
36150 (resized).png
Titans-Return-Soundwave-040 (resized).jpg
highscores (resized).jpg
IMAG0520 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170421-180051 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.51.50 PM (resized).png
Ghostbusters (resized).png
batman (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 2475 posts in topic. You are on page 39 of 50.
#1901 2 years ago

Why can't you export sounds anymore?

#1902 2 years ago

Copyright issues.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I've just created a poll about Pinball Browser for Whitestar games

The pool is pretty clear : sound replacement comes first.
Well, that's good because this parts already works

Does anyone want to make some tests on this ?
You need to :
- have a T3
- have an eprom burner
- be familiar with sound replacement in Pinball Browser (and understand how Sound request/scripts/fragments work).
Send me a PM or mail if you are interested (as I can only follow and help 1 tester, it will be the 1st one who answers).
Thanks in advance !

1 week later
#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I just downloaded the Pinball Browser but I can't play any of the sound files. Does anyone know what the following messages mean and how to rectify this? I couldnt capture a screen shot so I copied them down best I could. Thanks in advance:
Cannot Play File! System.Runtime.Interopservices.COMException (0xC00D36E3):
Exception from HRESULT:0xC00D36E3
at NAudio Media Foundation.MediaFoundationInterop.MFStartup (int.32version,Int32dwsflags
Then there are a bunch of other lines about NAudio wave, reader, api startups, string files, dwf flags, settings

Figured this out.... Don't use an old computer. Works fine on my new OS and not on my old POS.

#1905 2 years ago

Has anybody tried the GoT code? I always get an error message: "unkown firmware"?

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Has anybody tried the GoT code? I always get an error message: "unkown firmware"?

Winter is coming soon
[EDIT]Jon Snow is in v5.10

#1907 2 years ago

Version v5.10 has been released.
Thanks to pinsider the_barto, it is also available in Spanish.

Got.png

#1908 2 years ago

Seriously oga, you ROCK! Thanks for letting us customize our games.

#1909 2 years ago

Yep - big thanks Oliver ! I got my licence yesterday - within a few hours of paying - and have been busy replacing tracks on my Rolling Stones ..... goodbye 'Hand Of Fate' , hello 'Jumpin Jack Flash' , now got 'Satisfaction' for Album multiball , more changes to come

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Copyright issues.

Importing sounds and songs into the code also is a copyright issue, so that doesn't seem a valid reason to remove exporting.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Importing sounds and songs into the code also is a copyright issue, so that doesn't seem a valid reason to remove exporting.

I am not a lawyer if if I have bought the CD with the music on it am I than not allowed to make a copy of it for personal use?

#1912 1 year ago

It seems that tiny.cc went down...
So the URL "tiny.cc/pinballbrowser" no longer works

I have updated the OP with the original URL so that Pinball Browser can be download again.

#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am not a lawyer if if I have bought the CD with the music on it am I than not allowed to make a copy of it for personal use?

It's not that...it's messing with Stern's code. In or out, it's stomping on some IP somewhere.

That's why I don't get the export issue.

#1914 1 year ago

u can use a sound recorder on your pc to record to sounds, if u really wanted them... thats to say if u can play the sound.

#1915 1 year ago

It's not that...it's messing with Stern's code. In or out, it's stomping on some IP somewhere.

It's pretty simple I think. Stern can't allow this stuff, they have to be able to look the other way, or there are going to be issues. It's one thing if you mess with your personal game. It's another if the sounds that were under contract start showing up in other places. That creates more headaches.

It's like the brown bag bottle trick. The cops know you have a beer in there, but as long as they can say they didn't see it then they can just keep driving past you. You wave it around and they gotta cite you.

#1916 1 year ago

It's not that...it's messing with Stern's code. In or out, it's stomping on some IP somewhere

No, you can modify your game as long as it's for your own usage. It's exactly the same when you install a mod or modify something on your playfield : you alter the design which is also copyrighted.

Exporting the sounds (or frames) and using them for something else (even in another game) is a copyright infringement.
The export feature has been taken out of its original purpose by some users; that's why I had to remove it.
I hope that everyone understands this.

Anyway, why do you need the export feature ?

#1917 1 year ago

I only used the export feature for one file.
It was on a Metallica that someone wanted all cussing removed.
I was able to take the same voice work and export all the positive call outs and import them over the cussing and bleeping ones. Worked great and kept the same voices throughout the game.
But luckily we can still do this with all the SAM games.
Not sure what people were using it for that was illegal.

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's pretty simple I think. Stern can't allow this stuff, they have to be able to look the other way, or there are going to be issues. It's one thing if you mess with your personal game. It's another if the sounds that were under contract start showing up in other places. That creates more headaches.
It's like the brown bag bottle trick. The cops know you have a beer in there, but as long as they can say they didn't see it then they can just keep driving past you. You wave it around and they gotta cite you.

Slippery slope for Stern. Pinball Browser is leading to more Stern pinball purchases , like it or not.

Walking dead doesn't have show voices. No problem, Pinball Browser
Want to get more value out of your pinball purchase. Pinball browser expands the possibilities to customize your machine.
Kiss pinball has crappy re-recorded music ? PB!
Don't want Enter Sandman and the omission of Cliff Burton ruining your Metallica experience? PB!
Want to turn Spider-Man into Fartman? Blasphemy! Screw it , Pinball Browser!

Things that would stop people from a purchase , like these type of personal preferences, are now a non-issue if you have; say it with me:

P I N B A L L B R O W S E R !!!

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'm not questioning its removal, but the export feature has been handy in the past..

- A friend exported the scoop eject sound from Transformers and used it in Metallica for the CIU scoop (met's sound is too soft)

- Export music from WPT, run through an EQ and reimport it with a little more bass. Game sounds like MUZAK from the factory..

- Swap sounds on Met pick targets coz the bass drum was too boomy with my sub. Found a killer guitar lick somewhere else in the ROM that makes the spinners sound like machine guns now. Export, adjust, reimport.

- Buried treasure. Go through the ROM and find unused sounds or callouts; export and use in place of sounds/callouts you don't care for.

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Slippery slope for Stern. Pinball Browser is leading to more Stern pinball purchases , like it or not.

Yeah, well, my translite packages led to more sales too (I know this because people would tell me). Didn't mean anything, they still shut it down. If Pinball Browser turns into a liability they can't ignore they'll take legal action. Just how it is. So people who like it should just try to not rock the boat too hard.

#1921 1 year ago

Has anyone got a pinball browser code for updated different Rolling Stones tunes for a Pro ?

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, well, my translite packages led to more sales too (I know this because people would tell me). Didn't mean anything, they still shut it down. If Pinball Browser turns into a liability they can't ignore they'll take legal action. Just how it is. So people who like it should just try to not rock the boat too hard.

Two very different things, I think. A translite contains images tied to one game or franchise, and the IP holder may take issue. PB allows the *ability* to modify sounds across numerous titles, a much gray-er area.

At any rate, I can say with 100% confidence I would not have made NIB or secondary market purchases recently without PB. I would be waaaay more hesitant to purchase another Stern game in the future if PB was gone.

#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Has anyone got a pinball browser code for updated different Rolling Stones tunes for a Pro ?

I'm working on mine right now

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Two very different things, I think. A translite contains images tied to one game or franchise, and the IP holder may take issue. PB allows the *ability* to modify sounds across numerous titles, a much gray-er area.

PB is a huge headache for a company like Stern, for the same reasons. If people abuse it or make what they're doing with it too public they'll be forced to take legal action. There are some arguments to be made over whether their legal standing would have merit, but I promise you that won't stop them from trying. And who wants that headache?

There's no question exporting has lots of legit uses, from an end user perspective. But if removing it keeps things quiet then it's probably for the best. That's all I'm saying.

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's no question exporting has lots of legit uses, from an end user perspective. But if removing it keeps things quiet then it's probably for the best. That's all I'm saying.

look at how many websites that youtube had to force takedowns for being able to save a video to mp3. yes there are ways around it (play video, record sound), but it certainly makes it tougher.

2 weeks later
#1926 1 year ago

Oga, Is there a setting or can one be added to control the speed of the dmd playback button. Right now it just whips thru them and I would like to slow it down to be able to find the frames.

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

I love jamming to Tron's pinball music.

#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from allknowing2012:

Oga, Is there a setting or can one be added to control the speed of the dmd playback button. Right now it just whips thru them and I would like to slow it down to be able to find the frames.

There is no setting for the speed.
Instead of using the "Play" button, you can use the + and - keys : it's more convenient to move through the frames and stop wherever you want

#1929 1 year ago

Well its time I start looking at finding custom roms or making them for POTC and XMen. I need to also see about switching a song or two out of MET. Lots to learn....

#1930 1 year ago

I know I'm late to the party, but I picked up an acdc about a month ago. I just replaced For Those About to Rock with Shoot to thrill last night. Wow. It was so easy to do. And Audacity is too. The songs aren't the same length so I had to edit the song. I even got the shooter lane music to loop okay. Not perfect but good enough. So much to do with this program.

#1931 1 year ago

just donated - Kiss Premiums gonna get Rickroll'd

#1932 1 year ago

I downloaded the program, but can't get the pinball-browser.exe file to run. any suggestions?

I pulled it from this site

http://pavlovpinball.com/pimp-your-firmware-with-pinball-browser/

#1933 1 year ago

The official link is in this post. Download it from there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/38#post-2722290

Quoted from Lermods:

I downloaded the program, but can't get the pinball-browser.exe file to run. any suggestions?
I pulled it from this site
http://pavlovpinball.com/pimp-your-firmware-with-pinball-browser/

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The official link is in this post. Download it from there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/38#post-2722290

didn't work. Using a windows machine and have .net franework installed. EXE file is from 10-24-15. When I run the exe file, it says it stopped working and wants to find a local solution or one online.

#1935 1 year ago

just tried it on my laptop running windows 8 and it worked, must be something up with my desktop, which is a bit of a dinosaur running vista.

#1936 1 year ago

The latest version is always in the OP on Pinside here
The change log is at the end the OP.

1 week later
#1937 1 year ago

hi everybody, i'm from italy and my english is not so good, so i ask you about this software because i'm not sure i understand everything!!

i tried to put in the software the wcs eprom file, it opens and i can see every frame of the display but if i well understand i can't modify anything on it, isn't it?
so i tried to put the eprom file of a rollercoaster but it tells me "firmware unknown" or something like that and it doesn't open, can someone tells me why?

thanks everybody..

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from darden78:

hi everybody, i'm from italy and my english is not so good, so i ask you about this software because i'm not sure i understand everything!!
i tried to put in the software the wcs eprom file, it opens and i can see every frame of the display but if i well understand i can't modify anything on it, isn't it?
so i tried to put the eprom file of a rollercoaster but it tells me "firmware unknown" or something like that and it doesn't open, can someone tells me why?
thanks everybody..

u cant modify bally/williams firmwares. im not even sure it can be done in the same way they doing stern ones. a colordmd type of approach surely could be done by olga im sure its not even a problem in terms of doing it and more one as in regards to copyright. but maybe he will pull something out the bag in the end. i myself and many others would love to be able todo that.

as in regards to rollercoaster tycoon, thats whitestar. think oga is still working on that.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from Msch:

Can I just pay one of you computer people to change the music in my Metallica?

if you still need help on 12/23, i can swing by and help. ill be in your hood, grew up in Warren.

1 week later
#1940 1 year ago

Sorry if this is old news, but......I've seen talk of changing sounds on Whitestar games? Possible? Or in development?

#1941 1 year ago

Doesn't Whitestar use ADPCM sounds?

#1942 1 year ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I've seen talk of changing sounds on Whitestar games? Possible? Or in development?

Yes, I'm still working on it. Almost done

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

et ça t'arrive de dormir ?

bref, encore bravo et merci pour ce petit soft génial

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

That is going to be sweet for Dale Jr.

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from oga83:

That is so insane! Do you know how much better games like nascar and elvis will be? Major props for tackling this project.

1 week later
#1946 1 year ago

Having trouble guys . Despite adjusting the song length to the exact song request length size and I even tried smaller length, pinball browser does not want to let me import??? It is letting me replace smaller requests, but not the main track?? Any thoughts?

image_(resized).jpg

#1947 1 year ago

Probably need more specific information , such as version etc. Have you donated to get a license? You can always try an older version that had less restrictions, but if its a donate thing, this guy deserves the $$.

I can try it here possibly if you want to pm.

#1948 1 year ago

It appears it was the free vs. registered version. Not sure why he doesn't just tell people you need to pay now?

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It's the latest version. I agree he deserves the donation, but if thats the issue, why not just say you need to buy it or give better direction??? Click on License in the main menu??? There is no "License"?????? I have wasted 2 hours trying to figure this out????

I am just making an educated guess. I am licensed and have replaced 1000's of sounds with no issue. I do follow the threads and with my bad memory, i thought that around Metallica time, a license was required for certain tasks or maybe even to open the BIN. I could be wrong, but the error message seems to be implying something. Hopefully it is something else . Care to share the details of the code you are trying to modify? I don't have any experience with Spike as of yet.

Good luck.

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I am just making an educated guess. I am licensed and have replaced 1000's of sounds with no issue. I do follow the threads and with my bad memory, i thought that around Metallica time, a license was required for certain tasks or maybe even to open the BIN. I could be wrong, but the error message seems to be implying something. Hopefully it is something else . Care to share the details of the code you are trying to modify? I don't have any experience with Spike as of yet.
Good luck.

The answer seems to lie within the FAQ:

What are the differences between the free and the registered version ?
In the free version, the restrictions are :
- Images cannot be imported (but they can still be modified with the integrated editor).
- Videos (Spike) cannot be imported.
- Sounds that are longer than 10s cannot be imported.
- Macros cannot be played and patches cannot be loaded.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinbology
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 16.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 380.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 1,089.00
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 24.95
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2475 posts in topic. You are on page 39 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.