• 3,822 posts
  • 567 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinballfan2000
  • Topic is favorited by 669 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 338 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).JPG
0DFF9B9A-F080-4A0B-B0E6-486C86D51C04 (resized).jpeg
nullmodempinout (resized).png
71eM9Lm2wGL._AC_SL1200_ (resized).jpg
IMG_20200118_142823 (resized).jpg
Capture3 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200507_191056 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200507_191047 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200507_190557 (resized).jpg
Capture2 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPG
2020-05-03_11-01-17 (resized).png
Screenshot (18) (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Ace in the hole (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

24 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3822 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 77.
#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser embedded sound editor almost does this. The duration is preconfigured with the Sound Script length (but you can reduce it) and you can use the scrollbar to move your starting point.

I had never used the embedded sound editor. After messing with it....it seems the most useful function to add would be a loop button or a loop option to tick. That way you could listen to the previewed sound clip and hear it looped at the appropriate length.

Having the actual sound bar easier to see and able to be zoomed would also be helpful and would make setting the starting position easier. You could be much more accurate if you could zoom into see milliseconds to make adjustments.

Also...a highlighted area for the length, that moves with the starting position would make things easier and more visual.

#1353 5 years ago

When I can modify a 1991 Data East Batman and put in real music and sound bites form the 89 film......I'll be in heaven!

#1354 5 years ago

Hey there this program is awesome although I am very new to it and haven't got it to work on my AC/DC quite yet I have got the songs to change in the program and play fine when you test them but when I go to update my machine the update progresses through its normal course and at the end when it tells me to remove USBI do so flip switch eight back to its normal position and try to reboot when I cycle the power the game does not boot up at all and the screen stays blank also the game works fine on it's normal 1.68 code any help would be much appreciated

#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Hey there this program is awesome although I am very new to it and haven't got it to work on my AC/DC quite yet I have got the songs to change in the program and play fine when you test them but when I go to update my machine the update progresses through its normal course and at the end when it tells me to remove USBI do so flip switch eight back to its normal position and try to reboot when I cycle the power the game does not boot up at all and the screen stays blank also the game works fine on it's normal 1.68 code any help would be much appreciated

Disable "Auto install communication patch" (advanced tab)
Unfortunately, you have to redo your modifications on a stock firmware.

At present time, the communication patch is not compatible with AC/DC 1.68

#1356 5 years ago

Ok I disabled that and had the same issue will it not work at all with 1.68 also I tried to find 1.65 on sterns site but they only have 1.68 listed. All that aside here is what I'd like to do to my acdc- I'd like to replace war machine with "money talks" and replace the animation of the plane dropping guitars with a stripper spinning around a pole with dollar bills flying out(labeled with the point value on them) also I'd like to replace "back in black" with "shoot to thrill" because to me that should be there anyhow being that you shoot those targets with the cannon also I'd replace let there be rock with for those about to rock (better song)

#1357 5 years ago

Also it tells me "cannot connect to remote database"

#1358 5 years ago

Ok I disabled that and had the same issue will it not work at all with 1.68 also I tried to find 1.65 on sterns site but they only have 1.68 listed.

Did you start again from scratch with a stock firmware after disabling this option ?
Other than that, I can't see any reason why it does not work.

Has anybody else used Pinball Browser on AC/DC 1.68 ?

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Did you start again from scratch with a stock firmware after disabling this option ?
Other than that, I can't see any reason why it does not work.

I just threw some PRIEST,SABBATH,MEGADETH,and AEROSMITH,onto my ACDC machine a couple of weeks ago,with latest game code

#1360 5 years ago

I did, I re downloaded 1.68 from sterns site cleared macros unchecked auto install patch I uploaded the songs in the places that I wanted them and they played fine when I double-click to test them but when I update on my machine it goes through the entire update tells me to pull out the USB flip DIP switch eight and recycle the power but nothing boots after that also while looking for bookmarks it says cannot connect to remote database

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I'm pretty sure I installed the comm patch on my AC/DC Pro... I didn't have any boot problems.

#1362 5 years ago

also while looking for bookmarks it says cannot connect to remote database

Some people also experienced this issue (the database provider seems to filter some ip based on the location) but this is not related to your problem. I'll investigate on it when I'm back from holidays.

What happens when you reboot the pinball ? Does it reboot over and over again ? What's on the DMD ?

#1363 5 years ago

I had this same problem when I was trying to update the file using Windows 7 running on Parallels for Mac. For some reason, I don't think Win 7 on Parallels formats the flash drive properly. Once I reformatted the flash drive on my work (Win 7) machine, everything worked fine.

#1364 5 years ago

When I go to power cycle it it freezes if I turn the machine off manually it will turn off and then turn back on the back box light will come on nothing displays on the DMD and the general illumination does not come on at all thankfully when I flip DIP switch eight it does allow me to reinstall firmware

#1365 5 years ago

I will try using the program on my other computer this evening to see if that changes things

#1366 5 years ago

I think I want to add this song to my ac/dc lol

#1367 5 years ago

I will try using the program on my other computer this evening to see if that changes things

Did it work ?

#1368 5 years ago

» YouTube video

Those guys are awesome! If I had my acdc I'd do it. Someone's gotta throw it in there just for fun

#1369 5 years ago

I'm having a heck of a time getting this to run in Crossover. At first I got a 255 error, and now nothing comes up when I try to start it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

#1370 5 years ago

Version 4.01 is online

The communication patch is now working with the newest firmwares (AC/DC 1.68, ...).
This version is also ready for PinballMikeD AC/DC mod.

#1371 5 years ago

» YouTube video

I might add this video to my LCD

#1372 5 years ago

This is very cool, has anyone totally rethemed a pin yet using this software?

#1373 5 years ago

I started to colorize X-Men firmware and I found a small problem.
For example:
1°) I create 4 palettes A,B,C & D.
2°) I link a frame with palette C
3°) I delete palette B
4°) I reopen my frame and it is now linked with palette D.

I suppose that frame is not linked with the name of the palette but with a number that is updated in the palette list when you modify it but not in the firmware.

Is it possible to populate the modification in the firmware ?

#1374 5 years ago

Repost- I can;t figure this out & wondering if any other Metallica owners are getting the same problem ?

Metallica Premuim.

Replaced One & Unforgiven.
Everything sounds good except at the end of aball , the music stops dead and I just get the sounds for the scores. I am pretty sure the music used to continue through those. Now the music stops dead and only the end of ball sound effects play, sometimes 1-20 I might eventually hear the song at a lower volume right before the next ball starts.

I used the bookmarks to get the song locations and then imported the new song using the 4.x version where I didn;t need to use audacity etc

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from credinger:

Repost- I can;t figure this out & wondering if any other Metallica owners are getting the same problem ?
Metallica Premuim.
Everything sounds good except at the end of aball , the music stops dead and I just get the sounds for the scores. I am pretty sure the music used to continue through those. Now the music stops dead and only the end of ball sound effects play, sometimes 1-20 I might eventually hear the song at a lower volume right before the next ball starts.
I used the bookmarks to get the song locations and then imported the new song using the 4.x version where I didn;t need to use audacity etc

What songs did you replace them with? I replaced unforgiven with sanitarium and had this problem. Now I have harvester of sorrow there, no problems. Make sure the length of your song is the same as those two. And if it's longer, use audacity to cut off the extra minutes/seconds then highlight the last 7 seconds and pick EFFECT > FADE OUT.

I changed 4 songs and they all fade out during end ball bonus sequence.

#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

I started to colorize X-Men firmware and I found a small problem.
For example:
1°) I create 4 palettes A,B,C & D.
2°) I link a frame with palette C
3°) I delete palette B
4°) I reopen my frame and it is now linked with palette D.
I suppose that frame is not linked with the name of the palette but with a number that is updated in the palette list when you modify it but not in the firmware.
Is it possible to populate the modification in the firmware ?

The palette index is stored into the frames. When you delete a palette that is used in a frame, its index will then point to the next palette.
The only solution would be to change all the related frames back to the default palette; but this is not possible as it would take far too long (PB needs to check all the frame).
The only solutions are :
- Extract the related palette macro lines from the whole macro (use grep), adjust the palette index and play these macro lines again
- or, add a new palette at the same index

#1377 5 years ago
Quoted from credinger:

Metallica Premuim.

Most likely, the new song is shorter than the original one.
In this case, there is no sound for the remaining time.
As explained earlier in this thread, this behaviour cannot be changed in Pinball Browser

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What songs did you replace them with? I replaced unforgiven with sanitarium and had this problem. Now I have harvester of sorrow there, no problems. Make sure the length of your song is the same as those two. And if it's longer, use audacity to cut off the extra minutes/seconds then highlight the last 7 seconds and pick EFFECT > FADE OUT.
I changed 4 songs and they all fade out during end ball bonus sequence.

Ahh, that might have something to do with i Right now I have Breadfan replacing Unforgiven.( Which is 15 seconds shorter)

However it is doing it on all of the original songs too, not just the ones I replaced.

#1379 5 years ago
Quoted from credinger:

Ahh, that might have something to do with i Right now I have Breadfan replacing Unforgiven.( Which is 15 seconds shorter)
However it is doing it on all of the original songs too, not just the ones I replaced.

I have replaced numerous songs on my friends Metallica. It was never an issue before the latest update. Almost all of the songs I replace are the same length (some a bit longer, some a bit shorter).

Yet with this new update thay have issues with large chunks of silence in the game. All the songs are in the software and complete (as they all play fine in the attract mode juke box), but they just occasionally run into silence while playing.

I also believe this has happened when playing original songs in the game that were not replaced.

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have replaced numerous songs on my friends Metallica. It was never an issue before the latest update

Do you mean the latest update of Pinball Browser (4.01) or of MTL firmware (1.6) ?

Quoted from DugFreez:

I also believe this has happened when playing original songs in the game that were not replaced.

On a stock firmware ? or after some other modifications with Pinball Browser (dmd frames, strings, ...) ?

#1381 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there is something similar to this utility for System 11 games?

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Do you mean the latest update of Pinball Browser (4.01) or of MTL firmware (1.6) ?

On a stock firmware ? or after some other modifications with Pinball Browser (dmd frames, strings, ...) ?

I meant the latest version of the Metallica firmware (1.6 Premium/LE).

I made changes (audio only) to my friends Metallica on 2 previous Metallica updates. All was well. Yet with the latest Metallica update...their game sometimes hits dead spots in the music.

Keep in mind, I did not use a macro from an earlier version to make the changes. I did all changes manually as I always have. As I mentioned, I believe that they said the "dead air" spots sometime hit during the songs that were not altered...but I haven't heard this being an issue with the 1.6 stock firmware.

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I meant the latest version of the Metallica firmware (1.6 Premium/LE).
I made changes (audio only) to my friends Metallica on 2 previous Metallica updates. All was well. Yet with the latest Metallica update...their game sometimes hits dead spots in the music.
Keep in mind, I did not use a macro from an earlier version to make the changes. I did all changes manually as I always have. As I mentioned, I believe that they said the "dead air" spots sometime hit during the songs that were not altered...but I haven't heard this being an issue with the 1.6 stock firmware.

Thanks.
Anyone else knows if this also happens on a stock 1.6 firmware ? or only when the firmware has been modified by Pinball Browser ?

Quoted from credinger:

Everything sounds good except at the end of a ball , the music stops dead and I just get the sounds for the scores. I am pretty sure the music used to continue through those. Now the music stops dead and only the end of ball sound effects play, sometimes 1-20 I might eventually hear the song at a lower volume right before the next ball starts.

Could you please send me a macro (that replaces 1 single song) with which you can reproduce this issue ? I don't have any MTLE around but I can try to figure out what's going on with such a macro.

#1384 5 years ago

Some of you have reported that it was not possible anymore to synchronize the bookmarks with the online database ("Cannot connect to remote database" error message).

For some time, this was related to a geographic filtering by the database provider...
More recently, the database access was revoked without notice because too many users were connected at the same time...

So, I have moved the database to another provider (again, as it is the 3rd time !).
And the bookmark database feature is working again

No need to upgrade Pinball Browser to make it work. All the necessary changes have been made online.

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Some of you have reported that it was not possible anymore to synchronize the bookmarks with the online database ("Cannot connect to remote database" error message).
For some time, this was related to a geographic filtering by the database provider...More recently, the database access was revoked without notice because too many users were connected at the same time...
So, I have moved the database to another provider (again, as it is the 3rd time !).And the bookmark database feature is working again
No need to upgrade Pinball Browser to make it work. All the necessary changes have been made online.

Awesome!

#1386 5 years ago

Guys just to let you know that songs in MTL1.6 are not at the same position as 1.51, i did 1.6 bookmark last night !!

#1387 5 years ago

Anyone having issues with updating the Luci 1.68 code? I edited the songs and went to import them in 4.0, however it complains that only 24000 is supported (which the songs are)....I open up the 2.0 browser and they import fine. However 2.0 can not change the text for the high score champs (need to change the songs there). If I upload the code from the 2.0 Browser, it works. If I open the code in 4.0 (after using 2.0 to import the songs), then change the H.S. text and save, that code throws the error code 8 and just hoses ACDC

#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I edited the songs and went to import them in 4.0, however it complains that only 24000 is supported (which the songs are)

Most likely, you song has been correctly imported with 4.0 but the message can be confusing : More information here

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

that code throws the error code 8

Using v2 has corrupted your firmware crc, but this is not an issue : More information here

If you have ever used some older v3 versions in the past, the "Auto install communication patch" option is probably enabled (advanced tab). Pinball Browser v4.00 (communication patch 2.09) is not compatible with ac/dc v1.68... and your pinball will not boot with it.
More information here

Use v4.01, start with a stock firmware again, and everything should be fine
See here

#1389 5 years ago

» YouTube video

I just told a coworker about doing something just like this.

Fill all songs with their songs and not ACDC versions

#1390 5 years ago

Hayseed Dixie has been doing the bluegrass versions of AC/DC stuff for a loooong time.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-hillbilly-tribute-to-acdc/id474702719

#1391 5 years ago

Oga,

I found 2 bugs in PinballBrowser:

1°) It seems that there is a problem of refresh of the display for pictures of type "Motion" with a palette attached.
Untitled-2.jpg
Picture "n+1" is displayed without clean-up of "n" one. See hand or ball on the attached picture. And in this example, I only colorized the first one. Colors of the following ones are "inherited" (Good side effect but I think that there are not really colorized). I cannot check if it is a bug a display or if PB has corrupted the firmware because I haven't yet a Raspberry to test.
2°) In X-Men firmware, some pictures have a very small width. In fact, less that the number of pixels used by PB to store the palette. If you try to attach a palette, an 'Unhanded exception occurs'. Is it not possible in this case to store the palette in multiple lines ?

Thank you for your help.

#1392 5 years ago
Quoted from credinger:

I just battled this problem all last night and a bit this morning and I'm 99% sure I found the problem!! It's with feature adjustment#132; music attenuation. If you lower this value (to increase music volume, it causes songs to cut out at the end of ball sequence and cuts off the game over music instead of fading out. Keep this adjustment at factory and you're fine! The work around if you want more music volume rather than sounds is to increase the speech attenuation on feature adjustment #133; this does not cause any chops in the music.

I tested this by changing only one song (ride the lightning > the thing that should not be). I'm now going to load my original pinball browser remix (4 songs) and see if I can replicate the error as we'll as fix it for normal play. Happy days as my OCD is relieved

#1393 5 years ago

I'm not a specialist of X-Men. Someone can tell me who is this character ?
Thank you.
Untitled.jpg

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

I'm not a specialist of X-Men. Someone can tell me who is this character ?
Thank you.

Untitled.jpg 8 KB

Dazzler

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

I'm not a specialist of X-Men. Someone can tell me who is this character ?Thank you.

Untitled.jpg 8 KB

Can you show a WIP video of what your colorized XMEN looks like in the game?
I understand there are tons of frames to go, but it would be very cool to see at least a few seconds of XMEN colorized on the LCD of your game.

#1396 5 years ago

I was watching the first stern metallica pinball making of.

Seems that Stern creates their DMD animations in color and then drops them down to 16 shades of gray to display on the red dmd. Here is a frame of the metallica making of pinball. Notice the dmd frames are in color. At 0:53 you can see the pallette in the lower right... Hmm

#1397 5 years ago

Thank you. Here is the result:

Untitled-352.jpg
#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can you show a WIP video of what your colorized XMEN looks like in the game?
I understand there are tons of frames to go, but it would be very cool to see at least a few seconds of XMEN colorized on the LCD of your game.

I haven't yet received my Raspberry Pi and almost all big sequences are stored in "Motion" format for which I have a problem to edit (see above my example with Magneto).

So, for the moment, I work to define a palette of colors for each character, it's the task that takes the most time. When it's done, it's not difficult to do all frames of the character.

But when I will receive my Pi, no problem to post a WIP video.

Here is some static examples:

Untitled-1.jpg

#1399 5 years ago

Any chance you can share this when you are done with Xmen? If I havent sold my game I would love to convert it to color.

#1400 5 years ago

Wow, well done! I like the color choices! Surely a labor of love, but it will be fun to see this on the LCD when its done!
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to your video when you get everything hooked up!

Quoted from Elwood_BE:

I haven't yet received my Raspberry Pi and almost all big sequences are stored in "Motion" format for which I have a problem to edit (see above my example with Magneto).
So, for the moment, I work to define a palette of colors for each character, it's the task that takes the most time. When it's done, it's not difficult to do all frames of the character.
But when I will receive my Pi, no problem to post a WIP video.
Here is some static examples:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pollock Pines, CA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 3822 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside